RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alice Heart

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 11:56 pm

CHARACTER

Name: Alice Heart

Symbol:
Spoiler:

Appearance:
Spoiler:
At a height of 4’8 ft, Alice wears a blue combat dress with a white ribbon tied around her stomach like a bow. Wearing a headband with a white bow, she also always wears a sort of rabbit hat that makes it look like she has white hare ears.

History:
Spoiler:

Personality: Appears sweet and innocent most of the time but tends to be a little cold towards humans. Fairly strong willed, it’s hard to intimidate her or even surprise her. She shows a fairly kind side though during certain situations. Despite her strong front, Alice has a terrible childish side that often shows without her wanting it to.

Other Skills:

- Aura skills: While her aura does not provide as much of a passive protection as others do or even heals her wounds that much, Alice has learned and trained a special skill for the use of her aura. Alice is able to project her aura in the form of chains coming out of her body. The chains are as solid as a normal barrier of aura but posses the ability to wrap around or ensnare a target. The chains can be retracted back into the body at will but can be broken. The aura chains retain the durability of regular chains, as in the kind used for prison shackles. If broken, Alice's aura level is lowered by a large percentage and she will suffer exhaustion. Developing this skill has cost Alice her ability to fully protect herself passively with her aura so she suffers damage much more easily.

- High speed dashing: By applying her semblance to herself, Alice can make herself much lighter thus resulting in her speed increasing to much higher velocity. If she decreases her weight to the point of a feather she can dash at extreme acceleration to move to another spot at almost instantaneous timing. The problem though is that she will be unable to turn of change directions during these movements.

Strength:

- High speed and agility. Alice’s small body is agile, nimble, and fast. His some minor acrobatic ability. Can perform quick and precise melee strikes.

- Cold hearted. When in a serious fight she has no hesitation.

- Quick witted. Able to think fast and produce quick reactions to situations.

- Small frame. A small target is hard to hit, especially when it moves fast like Alice.

- High awareness: Is very sharp when it comes to her surroundings and very aware when it comes to understanding the situation.

Weakness:

- Low strength. Alice possesses average strength for a little girl but as a huntress she is very low par in comparison to what should be the average. In a test of strength against just about anything, Alice is sure to lose.

- Light weight. Weighing so little herself, she can be pushed around easily by heavy forces.

- Not good with firearms. Though her weapon has shooting capabilities, Alice does not have good aim at all. Preferring close range fights, Alice has to shoot at a pretty close range to aim properly if not barely.

- Instinctive. Tends to fight using impulse and instincts rather then taking the time to think things through.

- Low Protection: Her aura does not protect her passively as well as others' so she will suffer damage more easily.

Semblance: Weight controller: A semblance that has two different sides. One part allows Alice to make anything as light as a feather. In contrast, she can also make anything as heavy as a mountain. She can change the weight to anything between a feather to a mpuntain as she wishes. Neither of which changes the size or property of the object but instead controls the amount of force gravity has on a given object. Her semblance is what allows Alice to carry her weapon around and swing it easily despite her low physical strength. The drawback to the semblance though is that it requires physical contact.

Alice must be in physical contact with an object to be able to apply her semblance on it. To keep something as heavy or as light as she wanted, Alice must continue to be in physical contact with it. The moment the contact breaks, the semblance cancels out and the original weight of the object returns.

Just because she can make an object lighter, it does not mean she's any stronger at all. The weight of an object does not equal its strength or density.

Ex: Alice could make an entire tree as light as a toothpick but she won't be able to uproot from the ground. Alice can make a car thrown at her as light as a child's  toy and bat it aside but if an opponent swings a club downward at her and she attempts to block, no matter how light she makes the weapon or the person holding it her strength would most likely lose to the opponent and she would get crushed.

WEAPON

Spoiler:

Name: Scarlet Empress

Primary Form:
Scarlet Empress/Knave Guard:
The weapon itself is called Scarlet Empress, though the scabbard can be used as a shield.

Secondary Form:
Jack Ripper:
The blades extend in this form to full length.

Functions: All functions are shared between both forms.

-Scissor blade: As presented in the design, the sword opens in the middle like a pair of scissors. The inner blades are about as sharp as metal sheers and can easily take off a head.

-Steel cable: Blade can be launched from the handle while connected to a forty foot steel wire cable. Alice is able to use this on farther targets with much better accuracy then the firearm function, but is much slower then shooting a bullet.

-Fire dust core shotgun shells: Short barrel attached to the handle that can shoot shotgun shells filled with fire dust. Explodes and combusts on impact.

-Watch and chain: Not particularly useful in battle but it can tell the time with good accuracy.

History: Custom built by Alice from scrap parts of disowned weapons she found abandoned in the scrap yard. After finding that hunting was one of the best sources of income, Alice decided to craft a weapon with guidance from the homeless faunus veterans she came to live alongside in the alleys.

Last edited by Cheshire Schrodinger on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:21 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Should be okay. Approved.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:57 am

It's a cool sounding character. The only objection I have is the aura chains, but not the chains in their entire being. The only part of the chains I object with is the ability to wrap and ensare targets because in my eyes you are making it a secondary semblance which at this time is not something that exists in the world as far as we know. If it exists in canon you could have it fully.

My proposed compromise on this is as follows: the chains cannot be used offensively at the same time as she is using her main semblance, which if i'm understanding the character right would stop her from using her weapon effectively or at all?

Looking back over i renote the high speed dashing, which as explained now is a third semblance. I don't want to leave it as such, what do you propose we do to fix this? I have a possible idea for a solution, but i'd like to hear from you.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 10:18 am

Navolas2 wrote:
It's a cool sounding character. The only objection I have is the aura chains, but not the chains in their entire being. The only part of the chains I object with is the ability to wrap and ensare targets because in my eyes you are making it a secondary semblance which at this time is not something that exists in the world as far as we know. If it exists in canon you could have it fully.

My proposed compromise on this is as follows: the chains cannot be used offensively at the same time as she is using her main semblance, which if i'm understanding the character right would stop her from using her weapon effectively or at all?

Looking back over i renote the high speed dashing, which as explained now is a third semblance. I don't want to leave it as such, what do you propose we do to fix this? I have a possible idea for a solution, but i'd like to hear from you.

You propose a fair and reasonable argument.

The aura chains in their design was my idea of more like an extension of aura ability such as Lie Ren's technique in which he freely manipulates his aura to create concentrated shielding as well shoot it out as ammunition for his weaponry. The "wrap around" ability is not automatic, more like an option for an action. They basically act as normal chain whips and can break if enough force is applied to them which will drastically decrease aura levels. I also forfeited this character's ability to use aura to passively reduce or heal damage to balance it out.

Keep in mind that I only try to propose my point on things and that I am opened to your idea of cancelling the semblance temporarily during the use of this ability if you deem it still necessary.

The high speed dashing is not a supernatural ability more like a high trained stat in the absence of the sacrificed strength factor. To put it in simple terms she's about as fast as an Olympic runner but a heck of a lot slower then the Flash.

If you still think there is a need for a change on this, then how about I balance it out with an exhaustion issue? More running means more exhaustion. Although I would like to hear your idea as well.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Hmm, interesting. While writing the prior comment I did forget about the fact that you had given up the the passive reduction and healing. One downfall to commenting via my tablet is I can't go back and look over a the profile easily and continue commenting effectively.

In that case alright, you can have the wrap around part. Does it require a physical action to use the wrapping ability or just thought? Also when you say they have the durability of regular chain what do you mean? There are way too many types of chains to say regular chains? (I learned a lot about chains due to another character.)

My thought on the speed was that it is one thing she can do with her semblance. In combination with her natural speed she makes herself light as a feather and can run faster effortlessly. But the downside is her speed like this doesn't allow for turning.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 1:28 pm

There are different kinds of chains? I honestly did not know that. I suppose you learn something new everyday. I don't how to put it into terms but would the type of chains they use for prison shackles and ball & chains do?

As for your idea on the speed thing, I personally like it. I'll edit that in now if only to get it out of the way.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:07 pm

Alright, sure. Prison shackle like chains would work. Didn't find out their durability but I imagine it would be a lot, but not a huge amount. Did find quite a lot of articles about pregnant woman being shackled though.

Once you've got that edited let me know and you'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Edited and done my good sir.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitimeThu Dec 26, 2013 7:12 pm

approved and moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alice Heart Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alice Heart   Alice Heart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Heart
Page 1 of 1