RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

TEAM 3 - Winter Forest

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Vox

PostSubject: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Wind whistles through the branches of the woods Team 3 finds themselves in after landing. Towering evergreens occupy this part of the mountain, their boughs swaying in the ever-present wind.

All, save the wind and the motion of the trees, is still. As there is a great deal of wind, and a great many trees, it's not very still at all.

Ami:

Fayza:

Rose:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven980

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:04 pm

Lunar Lighte landed softly in the snow, shivering from the cold. Standing up straight, she looked around the snow covered forest, looking for any signs of danger. Her breath billowed out in front of her as she pulled her swords out, one glowing a soft white and the other black. She stepped forward with a soft crunch, her eyes narrowed against the cold winds.

Maybe I should have thought about wearing something warmer, she thought to herself. She looked around again to hopefully find her supposed teammates. Her tail began to flick back and forth as she began to make her way through the forest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambrose Davion

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:06 pm

After landing, Ambrose takes note of his surroundings. 'An evergreen forest is one of the more densely packed areas around the mountain, making it more suited to close range combat' he decides while changing his weapon to a sword and buckler. He can see his breath in the cold, grateful that he is at least wearing long jeans.

He begins to look around for movement other than the trees to meet up with his teammates and to look for danger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Alchemyst

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:47 pm

Nick landed lightly and rolled to redirect his momentum. His boots sunk into teh snow as he crouched in the scrubby underbrush, of which there was little. He stood, dusting off the shoulder of his coat. Luckily, he had one which went with his day to day attire, but he never wore it because it was too hot.

At least until today, the Faunus thought to himself, his eyes scanning the surroundings. He checked his claws, ensuring that the weapons were undamaged from the landing. He knew the inner workings of those blades down to the smallest detail, though he did not create them himself like so many students were known to.

"I need to find the others," He muttered to himself, his breath misting in the air. In order to complete their mission, they would have to work together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vox

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:10 am

The weather was hard to determine, through the trees, but the wind whistled harder through the branches.

From somewhere else on the mountain, it could be heard...

"SKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

Almost in response, the scrolls of the three who landed safely beep.

... It's a counter, announcing they discovered one of their four puzzle pieces. No piece appears to be present.

Odd.

Ami:

Fayza:

Rose:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven980

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:40 am

((ooc/ i take it we're going to continue without the fourth person? ._. ))

Lunar jumped at the loud noise, her tail raising and bristling. 'What in the name of..,' she thought, looking around with wide eyes. Putting one sword away, she hugged her jacket closer to her body. Then her scroll beeped.

"Huh...There's a piece around here...But where is it?" she said to herself. Glancing up and looking around, she may as well find her teammates first.. "Hello?" she called out, lowering her scroll and listening for any sign of a reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Alchemyst

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Nick reflexively deployed his claws and crouched low to the ground at the sound of a high pitched screech. His brow furrowed and he held his breath, scanning the surrounding wilderness. He was barely able to get his heart rate down before his scroll beeped.

The Faunus pulled out his device, reading the information therein. "Wha-?" He mumbled. Now I definitely need to find the others, he decided, setting off at a brisk run, retracting the claws. The snow crunched underfoot as he picked a path through the trees. He was moving towards the disconcerting noise, more or less, hoping that he'd find his teammates there. Then again, whatever made that noise was probably dangerous.

Though he didn't know them well, he hoped the others were alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambrose Davion

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:25 am

Ambrose immediately raised his weapon and turned to face the sound. After determining that the sound had not come from his immediate vicinity he began to lower his weapon when his scroll beeped. After reading the message, he determined that it was most likely one of his teammates had found the puzzle piece.

And after that sound, I know where where my teammates will be heading, he thought to himself as he started walking towards where the sound came from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven980

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Luna let out a small sigh and headed towards the source of the sound. She pulled her hood up and hugged her jacket again, her sword held high and pointed out. Glancing around for any sign of her teammates, she continued with soft crunches. She hoped they were alright, and that they were safe, because by the sound of things, this..thing, whatever is was, sounded dangerous; she probably wouldn't be able to take it alone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Alchemyst

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:48 pm

Nick burst from a patch of bushes, weapons at the ready, expecting to see whatever creature had made the noise. Instead, he was met with the sight of his ivory-haired teammate. He collapsed the weapons back into his bracers, with a grin.

"Finally, I found someone." The boy said with feigned exasperation. "I was beginning to think I was alone out here. Lunar, right?" He asked. Nick hadn't spent all that much time learning anyone's names yet, but he had remembered hers by thinking 'Wolf-girl, werewolves, moon, Lunar.'

The Faunus trotted up next to her with an amiable twitch of his feline ears. "Have you seen anything yet?" He asked, sounding almost like a curious child.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambrose Davion

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:19 am

Ambrose continued walking through the forest towards the sound he heard earlier.

Whatever made that sound had to be big, I'd rather not immediately face it at close range. he thinks to himself while switching his weapon back into rifle mode.

Continuing through the forest he hears something, not the creature he heard earlier, but rather the voice of a person. Considering the situation, it had to be one of his teammates. Breathing a sigh of relief, he heads through the forest towards the voice until he comes across a pair of faunus that could only be his team. It seems that they had only just recently found each other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven980

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Luna let out a loud squeak when her teammate burst through some bushes, spinning on her heel with wide eyes and her sword ready. When she saw that is was only Nick she let out a loud sigh of relief, letting her sword dip down into the snow. After regaining her composure, she grinned.

"Yeah, I'm Lunar. You can just call me Luna, though," she said, her tail wagging. 'At least someone found me. I don't wanna face that thing alone,' she thought.

When he came to her side, she turned towards the direction where the screech came from. "No, I haven't seen anything yet," she murmured. Then Luna looked to her side as someone emerged from the trees, and her tail wagged when she saw that it was her other teammate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Alchemyst

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:32 am

"If you say so. Just Luna then," He ceded. Not a moment later, another member of the team emerged from the underbrush.

"The gang's all here!" Nick announced, nodding in Ambrose's direction. "Now, I assume you guys got the message on your scrolls. I think it's safe to assume our fourth musketeer has already reached the goal without us." A slight hint of irritation could be heard in the Faunus' voice then. "Well, I say, as a team, we follow suite."

Not much of a team player, that fourth. But they could make do with three, Nick surmised, looking his teammates up and down. He straightened the knee-length coat that he wore absently. Heavy winter clothing was a bit too restricting for Nick's taste. But he would have to make do. These were the parameters of their mission after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambrose Davion

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 pm

"I agree, now that we've all met up we should should do this as a team. But it seems I've missed the introductions." He replied to his teammate.

"My name is Ambrose, and what are your names? Though I should mention I'm pretty bad at remembering names."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven980

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Luna's hood fell down after a small wind and shivered, deciding it was time to bring out her semblance. Letting a small ball of fire flicker to life in her hands, she held it a near her face.

"Again, I'm Lunar. Luna, for short," she murmured, creating little designs in the snow with her sword absentmindedly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Alchemyst

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:03 am

"Ambrose! That's what it was." Nick exclaimed, as if some great revelation struck him. "Nicholas Cheshire at your service," He followed with a slight bow.

"But please, call me Nick." The Faunus turned in the direction of their apparent destination. "Okee-day team, let's-" He paused, staring at the fireball cupped in Luna's hands. He swiftly approached, eyes wide."You didn't tell me your semblance was fire, Luna. That's awesome!" He whispered, tantalized. It almost seemed as if he'd completely forgotten where they were or what they were doing.

"What else can you do with it? Can your sword light on fire too? Or can you, like, breathe fire or something?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambrose Davion

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:57 pm

"Luna and Nick huh, I should be able to remember that. Nice to meet you two."

Ambrose noticed the fire just as Nick pointed it out. "A very cool semblance indeed. That's actually a good idea, we should tell each other about our weapons and semblances so we can work together better." He suggested while lifting up his rifle.

"These are my weapons" he said while separating it back into sword and shield mode. As the blade swung out he continued "Tempest and Tranquillum."

"And as for my semblance," he continued while raising his thumb and index finger and forming a spark between them, not unlike a small lightning bolt "It is electricity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven980

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:53 pm

Luna was surprised by Nick's sudden interest with her semblance, watching as he stared at the little fireball. "Eh -- I can't breathe fire, although that would be cool," she said, letting out a small laugh. "Nor can I light my swords on fire."

She paused to listen to what Ambrose had to say, her little fireball shifting and flickering in the small wind.

"My weapons are these two swords; Light and Dark." She motioned towards the swords with her head. "As you can see, my semblance is fire. I can use it as a sort of weapon and shield," she continued. 'Although in this situation, a little heater,' she thought to herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Alchemyst

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:16 pm

"You guys' semblances are so cool," Nick said, fawning. "Mine's not so creative as that, unfortunately." He admitted. Just as he finished speaking, the Faunus seemed to  disappear in a puff of gray smoke, reappearing on a tree branch above the others. "But it's useful enough I suppose," he grinned, flashing sharp canines before blinking back to his teammates' sides.

"Contrary to popular belief, however, I can't teleport. It's simply speed, so if there's an obstacle between me and the target, I'm sore out of luck," He explained. "Unless I can go around it of course, but it'd be a bit slower not going in a bee-line."

"Weapons-wise, I've got my Shadow Claws," His bracers expanded forward into four, foot-long blades and a grip appeared in each of his hands. "Irony in me being a feline is acknowledged." He wiggled the black ears poking out of his equally black hair.

"So," the Faunus continued, "If we were in an RPG, I'd be the Rogue character." He chuckled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambrose Davion

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:35 am

"Don't sell yourself short, that's a pretty cool semblance too," Ambrose said earnestly. "And your claws suit it well."

"Now that we have a gauge of each others skills, I'd say it's time to decide our course of action." He continued "Since we all met I here I assume you two were following that sound we heard earlier. It's all we have to go on so I say we should keep going and find its source. What do you guys think?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven980

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Luna nodded in agreement. "I think we should continue towards the source. When it screeched, our scrolls told us we found a puzzle piece," she said softly, pausing for a moment. "So...I'm guessing whatever we heard was either the puzzle piece...or something guarding it."

Luna wasn't quite sure if she was right or not, and her tail flicked one. "Again, I'm just guessing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Alchemyst

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:12 am

Nick grinned cheerfully at Ambrose's compliment of his own Semblance. "Why thank you sir," He said with an exaggerated bow.

Nick nodded slowly at Luna's synopsis of the situation. "Sounds about right to me," He said, looking up into the trees. The snow fell in white flurries to pile upon their branches and the forest floor, and he had to shake the melting particles from his hair. "I agree. We need to get moving. I can go up into the trees and scout ahead if you like. We shouldn't have too far to go."

The Faunus blinked into one of the trees, smoke heralding his departure from his original spot and his arrival in the new one. "Just give the word!" He shouted down, keeping one eye on the surroundings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ambrose Davion

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:53 pm

Ambrose considered Nick's proposal for a moment. "Okay, but stay hidden, you won't want to face whatever that was alone. We'll meet up when we get close and you can tell us what you saw."

Ambrose recombined his weapon to make it easier to carry while running. "Let's make sure he doesn't have to wait long," He said to Luna, getting ready to follow after Nick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolven980

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:30 pm

Luna grinned, letting the fireball disappear so she could hold her other sword. Once she took a hold of it, it glowed a soft white. Nodding in response to Ambrose, she stepped forward to follow Nick, her tail wagging a bit in excitement.

"Let's just hope that our fourth teammate didn't get killed," she said, shaking snowflakes from her hair and tail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Alchemyst

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Nick wanted to conserve his power as much as he could, so he leaped from tree branch to tree branch, only blinking between distances too far to jump unassisted. For the first few hundred yards, the forest was quiet, all sound muffled by the snow save for his own breathing. The Faunus halted, crouching, on one branch, his ears twitching, trying to glean some information from the mute world around him.

He heard the crunch of snow beneath his teammates' feet, only about twenty yards behind and below.

He heard a pile of snow that had grown too heavy fall from a nearby branch to land on the snow piling around the tree's trunk.

And he heard something else... Something he just couldn't quite identify. Nick held his breath, focusing on that sound, ready to fight or flee as necessary. He joined his eyes to the effort, scanning the surrounding forest floor and branches.

"Come out, come out, where ever you are..." He muttered as he watched and listened.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEAM 3 - Winter Forest   

Back to top Go down

TEAM 3 - Winter Forest
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next