RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Filling in the Blanks?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dante

Dante

Filling in the Blanks? Empty
PostSubject: Filling in the Blanks?   Filling in the Blanks? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 pm

So, I was at work today, kinda staring off into space, when I realized that Junior's Club is called... The Club. I know it's currently a minor locale (I wouldn't bet that it'll appear again, but by no means am I expecting it to disappear of the face of the canon), but it's rather bland to refer to it as "the club from the Yellow trailer," despite being 100% factual. I do understand that it might be a hassle to change details later if the show further establishes something (such as The Club), but would it be possible to flesh things out a bit, put a spin on it? Like:

The Cottage, the club where it's always just right! This modern but down-to-earth club is popular with the locals in Vale, especially the citizens of the city's underworld. Be careful if you're not on the invited list, as they tend to handle unwanted individuals rather viciously...

I know it's not much (and I'm laying down the "Three Bears" references a little heavy in it), but it gives it some flavor, some spice. Keep the, "The club from the Yellow trailer" in there, and I assume you can change the details if the show establishes them in canon, but adding in a few details can go a long way. I know it's extra work, and there's much more important things to focus on since the site just opened, but I was just curious about later down the line fleshing locales out a bit more if the show fails to do so.
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the Blanks?   Filling in the Blanks? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 pm

I think that rather than having an entire subforum of 'The Club', it might work that there was a pinned thread in the 'Vale' subforum titled The Club, with it's first post filling in the blanks as you said.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the Blanks?   Filling in the Blanks? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:53 pm

I really like the idea of using subforums for large areas, especially in this case. I will bring it up and discuss, and our results will be posted here. Thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Filling in the Blanks?   Filling in the Blanks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Filling in the Blanks?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: News :: Suggestions/Complaints-
Jump to: