RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rude Awakening

Go down 
+8
Myren
Wrecker
Ziplock80
Cheshire Schrodinger
C010RIZED
Jetscream
JL
MrManix
12 posters
AuthorMessage
MrManix

MrManix

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:35 am

Alexander awoke in a cold sweat, sitting up faster than he ever had, or rather, as fast as he had been the past fourteen nights in a row... 
The reason for his regular unplanned awakenings was a nightmare, if you could even call it that. The dream produced images more vivid than even Alexander's imagination could muster; all of them horrible. 
He hadn't spoken about the nightmares to his team, they wouldn't understand anyway. Truthfully, he was just glad he hadn't woken them up with his rolling around and screaming. He eyed the clock. 
3:21 am. It's always 3:21. I need to clear my head...
Alexander headed downstairs to the common room as he had done the last eight times, expecting to find a quiet, empty room as usual, but instead, he was met with the sight of at least a dozen exhausted looking students in their pajamas. All of them were either staring into space or idly occupying themselves with food or their scrolls, but no one seemed to want to be there. It was as if some otherworldly force had brought everyone here and kept them there until Alexander spoke up. 
"Did... Did you all have nightmares as well?"
All at once, most of the students got to their feet and shuffled off to the exit like zombies, ignoring Alexander. However, a few students lingered, either to tired to move or held in place by the otherworldly force. When only Alexander and the four other students were left, he asked again. 
"Did you guys have a nightmare? Is that why you're down here?" 

---------------------------
I will be accepting four(4) players for this plot. Application is not first come first serve. IC applications are preferred, but not required. The plot will pick up from where I've left off above. 

GM: MrManix

Players (Characters):
0: MrManix (Alexander Manix)
1: DrGustave (Malina Pharaoh)
2: Bren159 (Terra Denizen)
3: Metriodhunter (Isabelle Kyoto)
4: Cheshire Schrodinger (Cheshire Schrodinger)

Last edited by MrManix on Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 am

4 players, huh.....

uhhhhhh

Lan, I guess. Seeing as how Application is not first come first serve, I'm assuming your IC Application isn't to be done here....?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
MrManix

MrManix

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:51 am

Pardon if I was unclear, you may apply in character here if you desire. The reason for this is a test of sorts. An IC application essentially lets me know that you are interested in the plot, rather than just bored. Besides, as I stated above, the plot will follow exactly from where I left off, though with some more detail added, so you can essentially just copy and paste your application if you are picked. All you have to do is have the character you wish to use respond to Alexander's question, weather he/she nods or describes their nightmare in vivid detail is up to you.
Back to top Go down
Jetscream

Jetscream

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:02 pm

"A nightmare? I hope that's all it was..." Said Jet, who was leaning against the wall and watching the fire. "...I hope that's all it was... It just seemed so real..."
Back to top Go down
C010RIZED

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 2:39 pm

Hawk was sitting in the corner of the room, the images of what he saw still haunting, taunting, he sat in somewhat of a lying positing, his head leaning on one of the walls with only his head, his legs straight, wearing khaki pants and topless, revealing a somewhat muscular relativily pale body, with his weapon clutched in his hand and held as if he was sprinting with it in hand, he simply did not move, nor speak, nor pay attention to anyone else that was in the room at the time. Whilst trying to force himself not to fall asleep, so that he would not have to expirience these images for one more night, or atleast, he hoped that would be the case, someone walked in to the room, someone he had not yet, and as the boy asked a question, he had finally moved his eyes, surprised to see all of the other students, except another few and the boy, walk out as if they were controlled by someone.

Then he heard they boy's question, it was as if electricity hit him, when he bolted up from the wall and clutched his weapon further and turned torwards the boy, all not by his will, and in the blink of an eye. He did not yet respond to the question of the boy, as he still tried to understand what all of this meant, and why only he and the others stayed, yet, he had a feeling it would all be explained in the future, and so, he turned his attention back torwards the boy. "Aiy-Aiy-Aiy" (I) he mumbled quietly, being reminded what he saw in this so called 'nightmare', "Ayi, ha-nu-tin-gu ee-me-je-zu..." (I, haunting images.....) He said in his usual speech pattern, which he could remember of=ver tihs frghtening situation, then, he simply waited.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:06 pm

Cheshire sits off on a chair in the far corner, his head bowed and his expression unreadable. He showed no emotions as he idly scribbles on his sketch book. He didn't seemed moved to answer the question at first. His hand with the pencil suddenly stopped. Cheshire stared at the picture blankly. In a flash of movement, the page was torn out of the book and shredded apart. The faunas threw the mutilated scraps of whatever image he had tried to capture into the paper into a large pile right next to him. A single large shred of paper could be seen showing a wide eye filled with graphic fear.

Cheshire's body slumped over, his eyes cast down staring at his blank sketch book.

"..... If only it was a mere dream," he mumbled emotionlessly. the dark rings beneath his eyes making his usually always tired looking eyes appear truly exhausted.
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Matt sits in one of the armchairs looking deep into the fire without blinking. He has a visible look of distress on his face, the images from the nightmare still fresh in his mind. He shudders, remembering a particularly nasty one. What was that? What could be so horrible as to produce those kind of sick images? He hears the sound of many people standing and walking away, but it sounds distant to him. His brain has entered a low-power mode to try and make sense of what it just endured. He hears someone ask a question, and he suddenly snaps back to reality. He turns, looking away from the fire, at the one who just spoke. He realizes that there were others there too. Does this have something to do with the nightmare? No, it can't be. How could we all have the same one at the same time. Matt opens his mouth, but nothing comes out. He clears his throat and addresses Alexander. "Yeah. How'd you know? Don't tell me that's why you're here too?
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:19 pm

Out in the night, if one listens hard enough, the small hum of a Dust-powered electric motor could be heard. The hum travels across all of Vale, from the Vale Medical Center, to the From Dust to Dawn shop, and all the way to Beacon. If one looked out the window, they could see a student with a blue bike stop it and get off, noting that he wasn't wearing a helmet, nor using the kickstand. Why he was out at 3 in the morning, only he knew.

Hunter got off the Drifting Ronin and let its internal autogyros make it stand by itself. He stretched a bit, leaning left and right with the opposite arm over his head. After the incident involving the second ball and the sounndtrack (Hunter still insists it wasn't his fault, plus he paid the school twice as needed for all damages and bringing the DJ back) he did community service at the hospital as punishment. It didn't seem like punishment to him, however. He's always liked helping people out, plus it helped him practice the shared aura healing he learned at Flare Hall for six years. His service was done for a while now, but he keeps volunteering there just because it's nice to see people smile. The staff may even hire him soon, since the Flare healing technique hasn't been seen in Vale for quite a while. Shame, though, that it takes up lots of aura in order to do so. Now, all Hunter wants to do is go up to his dorm. It's been an exhausting day treating all those with minor injuries, such as cuts and broken bones, in the emergency room. He needed sleep; he nearly dozed off a few times while driving.

As he walks through the courtyard, Hunter stops next to the fountain of the Huntsmen. What happens next, he couldn't explain. All he knew was, one moment, he was walking. The next, out cold on the ground. All he remembers was being attacked by an army of Ambulon soldiers, and all he had were his old weapons, a sword and a shield, barely any match for their guns and grenades, but that was impossible. The House of Ambus was dead. He stopped their cult of a church already. Then why did he just see them all attack him at Beacon? Looking around, he could see some signs of a struggle; a cut in the ground here, a crater over there, but where were the bodies? Pulling his Infinity Lens out of its sleep recording, Hunter looks through its contents of the past half hour, starting it at when he got back to the campus. Nothing showed up, no Ambulons, no members of the House of Ambus like he thought he saw, nor their special pet. Nothing. Just him suddenly taking out his sword and swinging it wildly for about twenty minutes. By five minutes in, he saw the same crater from earlier, but he remembered that one already existed on the first day of school thanks to some dummies playing with Dust. It's amazing how he didn't cause more property damage. So what did he just see? A daydream? A vision? Whatever the hell it was, it was was very, VERY real.

Hunter walked, trying to forget what he saw, into the school and into the lobby of the dorm building, and saw a crowd of students who were all frightened. He's never seen this many students in one place at this hour. A quick look around, and he immediately knew something was wrong. Forget sleep. Something was up. He wouldn't be able to sleep after what he saw, anyways.

"What the hell is going on?"

Last edited by Wrecker on Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos.)
Back to top Go down
Myren

Myren

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 8:44 pm

Brady stared straight ahead, bloodshot eyes telling the world all they needed to know. He hadn't slept all bloody night. 
He! Brady Vargus! self proclaimed narcoleptic, and champion sleeper hadn't slept all bloody night. this was unheard of. it was nigh unthinkable. Brady had fallen asleep in the middle of a practical exam at signal! halfway through an obstacle course. no night terror had ever kept him up for longer than 5 minutes before being lost again in blissful slumber. so what the frag was this????

he didn't even hear Alexander's first question, and was only vaguely aware of the hall around him clearing out. 

"nightmare? you're fraggin' right this is a nightmare"
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:25 pm

Isabelle sits in the corner, eyes closed, hugging her knees.  She ignored the others and remained alone in her thoughts.  Not this again.  Not this again.  Not this again.  The amount of nightmares she had been having since the expedition had slowed over time, along with decreasing intensity and realism.  Now it had happened again, forcing her to repeat the hell of being devoured by Grimm.  Whether it was caused by the same thing as last time didn't matter to her.  

(Signing up for this because I think it'd be interesting to have someone from Autunno in it, with the nightmares and whatnot. If it doesn't interfere with the timeline.  And also because there are no gurlz in here.)
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 3:14 am

Notice to everyone not already signed up at this point: I will be selecting players at midnight tonight EST. If you are interested, but have not yet signed up, do so now.

Additionally, this plot will be taking place at 4 am of Sunday in week six. 
Back to top Go down
JL

JL

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 11:42 am

MrManix wrote:
Pardon if I was unclear, you may apply in character here if you desire. The reason for this is a test of sorts. An IC application essentially lets me know that you are interested in the plot, rather than just bored.
I'm interested - but I'm also lazy as well. Couple in the fact that its 1 am where I am, I really doubt I'll be writing any IC application in time for the choice. Razz

Anyways, exactly what type of nightmare was it? Surprised
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
bren159

bren159

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 2:24 pm

At the far end of the room, under a table, Terra is curled up in a fetal position. She looks as if she saw a ghost, but that would be impossible.

With her voice trembling, she explains herself, not really talking to anyone, "I've been having this dream, but not like normal dreams. For one, it was a nightmare. Two, it's been happening again and again. And finally, I saw it. That may not see bad, but since I am blind, I can't have visible dreams. I only hear dreams"

Terra takes a deep breath, trying to recompose herself. "I want to find out what is causing this, because it isn't natural"
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:03 pm

Vanille, still at Beacon.. sat on a table in the room. She was in the fetal position rocking back and forth. She thought to herself "Just a dream...Just a dream..... oh go..." She noticed someone walk in and said nothing but "Nightmares...so terrible."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 9:07 pm

Malina's eyes shot open. She was looking at the ceiling and she was breathing at an alarming rate. 'Just a dream. Nothing more, nothing less. They can hurt you. They can't-' '-But I can-' '-but it doesn't matter because you. Are. Fine. pull it together damnit!' Her slowed to a normal pace and she rolled onto her side with Manticore wrapped around waist. Somehow it's cold touch comforted her. 'Just....a dream.'
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 12:04 am

The players that have been selected are:
-Metroidhunter
-DrGustave
-Cheshire Schrodinger
-Bren159
Back to top Go down
MrManix

MrManix

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 11:58 pm

Update: As of today, I am suspending this plot indefinitely. Personally, I am not happy with what I can come up with as far as conflict and plot elements are concerned, as well as being busy with real life matters. Sorry to disappoint, I'll do better next time. 
~Manix
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rude Awakening Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rude Awakening   Rude Awakening Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rude Awakening
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: News :: Plot Zone-
Jump to: