RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the mad tea party

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 pm

*Byron goes and claims the first available table for 3 he could spot. As they seat themselves, Byron is already scanning the small menu on the table. A waitress soon approaches.*

Waitress: May I help you?

*Her words say that she is trying to offer hospitable services, but he wary tone and the way she constantly eyes Byron and the coffin shows she was sent over to make sure nothing dangerous was about to happen. Byron lifted up the menu smiling pleasantly.*

Byron: I'd like one of these, some of this, one of those, this here, and this one.

*Byron points at different spots all over the menu. The other two have no idea what he was pointing to. The waitress pays close attention to his order and ends up looking at him with scrunched eyebrows*

Waitress: Um, sir... those are all-

Byron: Oh, and a piece of cake. Whatever is fine. I'd like something with a strawberry on it.

*The waitress stared at him with complete confusion but just wrote down his order and left them be.*

Last edited by Cheshire Schrodinger on Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:36 pm

It was quite obvious just by looking at the way Byron ordered the food that he had no idea what he had ordered in the first place. It only just sunk in that he was having tea with complete strangers and he had no idea what to talk about with them. Instead he waited for the others to speak...maybe this Fei girl would finally speak. Instead he fiddled with the fitting on his mask a habit he got when he didnt know what to do.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 8:03 pm

*Byron hummed a little tune to himself as they waited. Nobody seemed to want to offer conversation anytime soon. Byron eyed Fei but she remained strangely quite.*

Byron: You seem nervous. You were talking to me just fine before. What's wrong?
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:14 pm

It was good that she had waited long enough for them to choose a table, else she might have fled the moment they turned their backs. It was strange, Fei knew that this was not the right way to be, but she could not speak out her mind that the only reason she had spoken so easily and casually to Byron in the first place was that he was a coffin in her mind and had until now only the ticking coffin as an image. A humorous image that she had found comfortable enough to talk to. Having seated herself last, she looked up at the two, swiveling her head from side to side as she nervously fiddled with her fingers under the table. It had finally hit her in the head that they were waiting for conversation, she knew. An awkward pause on her part before the reality of the situation sunk in.

"Oh. I'm sorry .. it's just .. you were a ticking coffin in my head. It's hard to picture you as a ticking coffin now that I've seen your face. It's .. nice to meet you, Zwei." She finally spoke, her anxiety dying down, giving the second stranger a smile with her greetings. She did not feel really hungry, though perhaps when the waitress returned, she would order a cup of tea or milk .. or water.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 7:21 am

Byron: A coffin?

*Byron tilts his head slightly but remains to smile pleasantly.*

Byron: Hm~.... OKAY!

*Suddenly, Byron stood and rotated a solid 180, turning his back and the coffin at the two and Byron himself sat on the chair backwards. He even went so far as to put his hat on top of the coffin and move his hands around as if the coffin itself was the one making the gestures.*

Byron:

Little girl, you come to me,
Out of your curiosity,
This madman will please you,
To the end~

The name is Thanatos if you please,
Rest assure and smile with ease!
As my guest, it's my duty,
To let to be as please to be,
Come and smile for this madman,
To the end~

If a coffin a coffin is what I need to be,
For you to smile as you see,
Then a coffin is what I shall be~

Welcome to my mad tea party~
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:14 pm

It was so sudden and abrupt, that she knew not how to react to Byron's sudden desire and compulsion to make himself into a coffin. Though the other patrons and staff stared in shock at the public dance and song he was putting on, Fei found her lips twitching into a coming smile as gentle laughter flowed out of her like water in a river. Clutching her sides, she lurched forward and forced her mouth shut, subduing the giggles before finally calming down enough to gulp in a fresh breath of air. Looking over towards the coffin-toting man, she straightened herself and rubbed the edge of her right eye.

"Thank you, Byron. I appreciate what you've done. I'm sorry for making you do something so embarrassing for such a minor thing."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:59 pm

Byron: Embarrassing? There's no such thing!

*Byron chuckles. He reaches back and slaps a hand over the middle of the coffin making it look like the coffin was pounding its own chest from his acquaintances end.*

Byron: My dear little lamb, there's no such thing as embarrassment if you don't feel embarrass yourself! If it means hearing such charming laughter from you then I would gladly make myself to be a fool! Or should I say coffin? There's nothing worth more then the smile of a young lady!

*Byron turns his body to his left, but from the other side it looked like the coffin was turning to his right as if turning to look at Zwei.*

Byron: Wouldn't you agree my young fellow!
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Zwei nods through a wide smile on his face that he wore under his mask. "I agree 100%" You could hear the happiness in his voice as he spoke to Byron. Despite first impressions this Byron guy was actually quite fun to be around. Zweimade a mental note to buy him something later or at least hang with the guy some more. Fei had seemed to have relaxed a little by now also. He watched on as Byron acted as a coffin.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:03 pm

With the tension gone and the initial anxiety of meeting new strangers over, a river of questions began filling up Fei's once empty head. Respectful of her peers though, she instead rested her hands atop her lap and instead waited for the waiter or waitress to come back with Byron's mysterious order.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:19 pm

*Byron leans forward with his hands over his head. From the back, it looked like the coffin was relaxing and leaning back against the chair while resting what might as well be called its head on its hands.*

*The waitress comes back to the table with a tray but stops a few steps away eyeing Byron weirdly. Her pace slightly slower, she approaches the table.*

Waitress: Here's your... um.... order.... sir?

*Byron leans to his left making the coffin look like it was looking upwards to the right at the waitress.*

Byron: Splendid! I'm absolutely famished!

Waitress: Um... alright?

*The waitress starts setting down the order on the table. Confused stares started to increase as she placed five different teapots onto the table with three cups and a piece of cake with a strawberry on it.*

Waitress: Here's your earl grey, green, black, jasmine, and herbal blend tea.... sir?

Byron: Smells delicious!

*Taking some slow steps backwards, the waitress turns back and walks away as quickly as she can. Byron chuckles. Reaching back without bothering to turn around, his hands hovered over the tea pots for a while.*

Byron: Let's try that earl grey first!

*Remarkably his hand stopped right over the kettle labeled "ear grey" and picked it up, pouring the exact same amount into each tea cup without spilling a drop. Picking one cup up, it almost seemed like he was going to raise it up to the coffin to make it seem like it was drinking, but instead he did what may as well be considered normal and moved his arm back to his front and took a sip of the tea himself.*

Byron: Ah~ such a strong but light flavor. Nicely caffeinated too. Just enough to perk oneself up but not enough to keep you from taking an afternoon nap!

*Byron chuckled loudly before he took another sip*

Byron: Isn't tea time oh so fun?
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:52 pm

When she heard Byron's voice suddenly perk up with joy, Fei looked up to see that the waitress had come back with his mysterious order; something of which she had wanted to see for a while now. She had expected it to be a strange and random order but it proved not to be as several pots of tea and what appeared to be a confection of some sorts were placed on the table. Away went her desire to order something of her own as Byron so kindly poured her a cup of strangely fragrant tea, an opportunity to quench her own thirst had presented itself in the most fashionable way. In that a gentleman coffin poured her tea. Slightly bowing her head in thanks, she reached out with her two hands and grasped the tea cup. Raising it to her lips, she blew against it gently and took a small mouthful of a sip.
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:42 pm

Zwei was suprised when Byron suddenly became a coffin to cheer on Fei moreso when he managed to pour it behind the coffin. He couldn't help but smile as he slid up his mask slightly and took a small sip of his tea. It was suprisingly nice and he felt warm a comfortable feeling wash over him. He realised there was no conversation so he apptempted to start one. "Have you guys gone to any other combat schools before Beacon?" truth be told it was one of the only things Zwei knew how to talk about.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:05 pm

*Setting an already empty tea cup on the table behind him, Byron reached back and grabbed the pot labeled jasmine and poured another cup perfectly.*

Byron: "Well once upon a time there was a one eyed boy who didn't fit well among other kids. This one-eyed boy would head on home every afternoon and simply pass the day on with a cup of tea. Then one day, the big bad wolf who took care of the one-eyed boy in her gingerbread house decided to teach him how to hunt. The boy was a fast learner you see and showed great promise when it came to hunting. So the big bad wolf huffed and puffed and nagged him into applying to Flare Hall. There the one-eyed boy learned more about hunting from the witches who call themselves the teachers and the ogre who called himself the gym coach. After years of grueling not studying, he applied to Beacon and went his merry way down the yellow brick road!"

*Byron chuckles as he sips his tea.*

Byron: "Then the big bad wolf huffed and puffed and blew her nose off as the one-eyed boy put on his hat and hopped onto Captain Hook's ship to Vale Land! When he got there, the one-eyed hatter sung his way down the madman's path and met the quiet little dorm mouse and masked hare! Epilogue: They sat down and had a tea party! And they all lived something or other ever after."

*A light chuckle could be heard from the other side of the coffin as Byron reached back to set down the empty cup again and reached for the black tea to pour another.*
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 1:16 am

Though the beverage was hot, scalding hot, she was too thirsty to mind or care. It had been a long trip, from one part of Vale to the next, then to here which was as far as she could get by public transportation. Eyes and ears perked up as the conversation turned personal, Zwei asking the circumstances of how and whence did they come here from. Content with simply sitting and listening, it was good luck that Byron was first to speak because now some of her own questions could be alleviated. Perhaps it was rude, perhaps, but Fei found herself staring at Zwei's mask more so then she actually meant to; eyes positively glued to whatever details she could catch a glimpse of. Then, as Byron reached the centerpiece of his story she switched her eyes over to the coffin, of which he was still behind, and gazed upon it's finer details. These actions gave her the chance to further examine the underlying tones and details of her tea-sipping companions, a skill she had learned when youth was still a part of her.

Sipping the last vestiges of her tea, elegant in it's handling as she was, Fei found herself wondering if she should start the next part of this story. Looking over towards Zwei, she smiled and gently placed the cup down, hands going back where they were before the tea arrived. On her lap, folded and tucked. As she tried to think of where to start on her own story, the subtle feeling at the back of her head suddenly drove itself straight through the middle and embedded itself painfully to the front of her head. Anchoring her hands to her lap, Fei closed her eyes and struggled with the urge to clutch her head in an attempt to ease the pain away, shoulders shaking in the process. It was only after several minutes did the pain subside, her breathing stabilized to a more normalized pattern.  

Letting out a ragged breath, Fei opened her eyes and embarrassed at what just transpired in front of her new-found friends, reached forward with a trembling hand and grasped the handle of the pot labelled 'Herbal Blend Tea' and poured her cup till it filled to the brim. Nearly dropping the pot on it's way back to it's perch, Fei quickly and as gently as possible, let it down before picking her tea-filled cup up. Spilling some over the table they all sat on nevertheless she brought it to her lips and took deep sips, indirectly excusing herself from sharing.

Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 7:20 am

*Byron patiently hummed to himself as he sipped more tea. He reaches for the back to pour himself a cup of green. When it seemed Fei was not going to share her story willingly, he decided to take the lead.*

Byron: So tell me Fei, what has brought you to this little corner of the world?
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Having regained her complexion and composure, Fei looked up towards Byron and smiled, silently apologizing for her abrupt silence. The most recent history of how she came to be here would have been just that, the most recent.

"A note." She replied, smiling, this being the whole truth and nothing but the truth. In the background, the door to the cafe jingled as new customers walked in, voices of the previous waitress directing them to a table.

Taking another small sip of her tea, this one longer then the others, she finally felt that her thirst had been quenched and let out a content sigh. Fei had gone so long without food and water, that just having a bellyful of bubbling hot tea was enough to satiate. Then, a thought popped up in her head that she should have put some more detail into it, rather then just saying 'a note'.

"Oh, um .. well, I woke up in a room, there was a note .. it told me to look for Beacon Academy. I asked around and they told me to come here. That's it, really."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Byron: Hm~

*Byron hummed, listening to the vague answer from Fei. Taking another sip of tea he perked up and spoke his thoughts.*

Byron: Makes sense to me!

*Byron laughed out loud. Reaching back, he set down his once again empty cup of tea. This time though, he did not immediately reached for another kettle. Instead, he touched the edge of the plate with the cake on it with two fingers and lightly pushed it, sliding it to Fei. Without even saying a word for once, Byron poured himself a cup of herbal blend and sipped the drink.*
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:14 am

Smiling rather contentedly now, it was in the corner of her eyes that Fei noticed Byron's hand moving. It was not until she looked properly that the cake on a plate formed as a physical object in her mind. Thinking that perhaps he had accidentally moved it whilst getting more tea, she picked it up and placed it back right in front of him. Time still passed, but Fei felt as if she could have stayed in this moment for more then just forever. Willing to touch upon at least one of her questions, she looked towards both her patron and Zwei.

"If you both know where Beacon Academy is, will you allow me to accompany the both of you to it?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 12:33 pm

Byron: "I don't see why not!"

*Byron poured himself another cup of green tea.*

Byron: "Oh wait, yes I do. I don't know where Beacon is! Why, how could I know? I'm only a coffin!"

*Byron laughs out loud.*

Byron: "You know who would know though? That Byron fellow. He'll show you the way! Let's finish our little snack here then we'll head on our way down the yellow brick road!"

*Byron reached back and picked up the plate with the cake on it and gently sets it in front of Fei.*

Byron: On the way let's buy some things for us all to settle in. Go shopping for school supplies. Oh! And then we can try on clothes, paint our nails, and talk about cute boys, like tall, cute, and lovable over here.

*Byron's fingers were pointed at himself.*
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 5:44 pm

After hearing Mr.Coffin Byrons statement and pointing to himself he was between laughing and facepalming. But he still answered Fei "I would be more than happy to accompany you to Beacon" He spoke.before turning to Byron. "But I think I will skip on painting my nails" He laughed a little before taking a sip of tea by raising his mask slightly. He was lucky there was hardly any scars around that area.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 6:17 pm

The actions of Byron managed to convey a very strange message to Fei, whether he was sane or not didn't matter more so that his previous action, an action of which Fei thought of as an idle mistake, was actually quite genuine in it's gesture and meaning. Smiling at his suggestions and the manner in which he presented them in, she silently began eating the strange confection. The texture was soft, silky and tasted sweet, too sweet and sudden was it that she found her cheeks flushing with uncontrollable emotion. It took considerable effort on her part, but the cake was finished despite her reservations on it belonging to Byron.

"Oh, that all sounds rather pleasant .. but I do not have any currency in which to pay for such extravagant things." She emphasized by tugging on her amalgamation of a wardrobe consisting of a sweater, pants and hat.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 7:40 pm

Byron: Hm~

*Byron hummed as he drained the last of the earl grey.*

Byron: Well then, let's go try on clothes first.

*Byron breaks his character as a coffin for the first time and turns his body so that he is looking at Fei. He closes his eyes and smiles.*

Byron: My treat.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:19 am

Smiling at his invitation, Fei wondered if it was alright for a stranger that had only met each other bare moments ago to so freely give charity to another stranger. Looking towards Zwei, as if silently asking if it was alright, she tucked her hands in between her legs and shook her head.

"I don't think I could do that to you, Byron. Is there no way I can earn currency to at least repay you?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 7:22 am

Byron: "Oh but dear, haven't I already told you? There's nothing in this world worth more then a smile!"

*Byron laughed out loud. One may think he was plain crazy, but others may see that he genuinely believed that.*

Byron: "All I need is your smile and I am given everything I need. Why, what more can one ever ask for other then the smile of his company? A smile is worth far more then any amount of gold and is sweeter then any amount of sugar! Why, I wish I could taste a smile myself! Ah~ Too bad this little puppy is too shy to get a kiss."

*Byron whimpered comically but quickly enough went back to his usual chipper tone.*

Byron: "So don't feel shy little dolly. I'll dress you up in whatever you feel like and all I want back in return in a smile!"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 12:36 pm

Alas, Fei saw that Byron was adamant about this proposal and felt that she had no choice but to accept. Yet it bothered her still that this was only the first day of their meeting, therefore she still held up resistance of this idea.

"No, Byron. As kind of you as it is to offer me something such as that, I simply can't accept it. I already have enough clothes, I'm sure I'll be fine. Maybe some other day?"

She half-asked and requested, not wanting to impose anything or have another do something so unnecessarily charitable. The bag of luggage she had brought along with her held a modest amount of clothing that she would not feel shy about wearing.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:54 pm

*Byron smiles at Fei. He raises a hand and sticks out a pinkeye, putting it to his temple like some sort of weird salute.*

Byron: It's a promise then. One of these days you owe me a date and you will let me dress you up like the doll you are.

*His constant smiling makes it hard to tell whether or not he was joking. Tilting his body to the left and the right to make it seem as if the coffin was sparring glances at both Fei and Zwei, Byron drains the last of the tea and speaks with a fairly bright tone, though it's not that different from the usual.*

Byron: Well then! Let's go buy some school supplies before we head to Beacon! It'll be my treat and I won't take no for an answer!

*Byron himself looks at Fei and smiles brightly. He then turns to Zwei.*

Byron: It's our duty as gentlemen to treat our fair maiden well is it not?
Back to top Go down
Kellenredx

Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 9:32 pm

Zwei nods and smiles as he finishes his tea. Although what Byron said could have been worded better he wasn’t wrong. "Exactly Byron" He added not really sure where the conversation was going. He was rather nervous about how all of this would be payed for...not that it would be a problem considering Zwei had brought plenty of Lien to Vale.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the mad tea party   Welcome to the mad tea party - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the mad tea party
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next