RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Empty
PostSubject: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:34 am

Timeline: Week 3 - Saturday

The Vale docks. They smell like fish. Most of the people on the docks are fishermen this time of day. Either coming in with their haul, or getting ready to head out. The docks certainly isn't the prettiest part of Vale, but is definitely one of the most important areas, as fish is quite a large amount of the cities' food.

A large ship had just pulled into the Vale docks, and unloaded several passengers and some cargo. Among these passengers was Olivia Yakolev. As she carefully made her way off the docks, she looked around quietly, watching various dock workers. Ugh. I hate this smell of fish. She hurries off the docks, and heads down one of the streets and into the city.

20 minutes later, Olivia is standing outside a place called the Fang and Claw. She tried to ask one of the door guards for directions, but they wouldn't even help her. Complained that they only help faunus or something. Looking both ways down the street she stands on, she slowly starts walking one direction. She pulls out her scroll, opening it and messing with the map. For some reason, though, its not working. It won't bring up any maps of anything.
"How frustrating... Worthless thing." She pockets it, and keeps walking at her slow pace, trying to look for anything that is familiar. She hasn't been in Vale by herself for a long time, and even then, she never really spent much time learning where everything is. It's all so crowded. She much preferred her small hometown.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:16 am

Zangretor, nose in the air, rounds a corner to find a woman with the distinct smell of ocean breeze. It was probably just another person coming in from a boat, but there was always a chance that they had spare food. Moving closer, he notices a frustrated look on her face. "Perfect, a woman in distress. Time to pull off some of your social magic, Taab." Zangretor whispers, relinquishing control to Taabrea. As he approaches, Taabrea clears his throat to get the woman's attention. "Excuse me, miss. You seem puzzled, anything I can help you with?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:31 am

A man has approached. He's much taller. In response to his question, Olivia looks up after taking a step back to reduce the strain on her neck. The expression on her face shows frustration and annoyance, but no anger. She speaks somewhat slowly and with a strong accent. "Da. I'm looking for a place called Vale Star Kofe or something like that. Do you know vhere it is? Please direct me tovards it." Quite direct and to the point. She looks the man over briefly assessing his combat abilities. Combat? No no, I need to find this damned coffee shop. I hope this man is capable of answering.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 am

Cheshire: You have a good source of tourist info. That's a very nice establishment.

*The voice comes from a little above. Sitting on the brink of a building rooftop, his feet dangling over the edge with a sketchbook on his lap, a cat-eared faunas boy looks down at the two with an expressionless face*

Cheshire: By the smell of fish, either you just had sushi for breakfast or you just came off that boat... or both. May I ask for a name stranger?
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:22 pm

"Olivia. Can you help me or not?" Ugh. I hate fish. I'll be pleased when I can get this smell off me. She looks up at the person above her as she speaks. What's the point of asking my name? I hate small talk. The expression on he face remained the same. Annoyance and frustration. Possibly at her scroll, but likely also due to the current situation.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 3:58 pm

Taabrea looks up at the strange faunus that has appeared. "Ignore this child, I'm sure he's just one of the useless students who spend their time mulling about around the city. Now, as for directions, I should be able to find anything. Do you happen to know any landmarks that may be near this shop? It would be much easier to find if I knew what we were looking for."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Ignore him? She thinks as she turns back to Taabrea. "I know nothing of the location. I've not ben here for some time, and the directions I vas given vere useless. My scrol is malfunctioning and canot provide me with a map. It is a kofe store. Vale Stars Kofe." She looks back up toward the faunus, in case he is able to assist, despite Taabrea's comments. I would prefer that one of these two give me directions. I hope they don't try to take me there.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:01 pm

Cheshire: I find that rather hurtful mind you.

*Cheshire crosses his legs as he looks down at them, temporarily closing his sketch book*

Cheshire: I don't simply hang around. I seek for whatever seems interesting and draw it. As for the cafe as I've said I know the place. It's a nice little establishment. If you wish I can lead you there easily.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:22 pm

"Ah... vell, I do not vant to vaste your time. Just give me directions." She speaks as if impatient, but she didn't appear to be in a hurry or anything before.

She takes her scroll back out, opening it and tries to open the message she had containing the street it's on, but the device didn't seem willing to cooperate, and wouldn't even light up. Her fading frustration returns to her face as she fiddles with it, then lightly hits it against the wall of the building. Argh... this thing is dumb! Worthless! Why do I even have one! I hate technology. She sighs after a moment, before looking back to Cheshire, seeming to ignore Taabrea.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:33 pm

Cheshire: I was done drawing what I saw here anyway, so I'll show you the way just to be sure you don't get lost.

*Cheshire flips back disappearing from his seat on the corner of the building. At that angle of view, one can't even tell whether or not he was standing or sitting anymore up there. The tapping of leather dress shoes come from behind as Cheshire walks up to the foreigner, His sketch book tucked underneath his armpit*

Cheshire: Cheshire Schrodinger. You may call me Schrodinger.

*His face remains passive and unreadable*

Cheshire: Shall we head off?
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Olivia sighs audibly, expressing her displeasure. "Fine. Lead the vay..." She extends her arm, motioning for him to take the lead. As he takes a few steps past her, she turns to Taabrea, and nods her head slightly, either to thank him or to say goodbye. Or both. She turns and follows behind Cheshire. Perhaps he won't feel the need to speak during this trip. She stares at the back of his head for a moment, as she's thinking. Yeah right.

She sighs again, taking a few steps more quickly to catch up to Cheshire, but still remaining behind him.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 7:53 pm

*For several long minutes they seemed to just walk on in silence. Cheshire made no real attempt to start conversation. He had to glance back to make sure she was still there but otherwise he did not say a word.*

Cheshire: ......

*The silence somehow became even quieter. Cheshire rounded a corner and glanced back to make sure she was still following*

Cheshire: ..... A few more turns and we should be there.

*That was the first and only thing Cheshire said the entire time and he made no sign of saying anything else*
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:28 pm

After being brushed off so easily, Taabrea and Zangretor both felt a little defeated. That was why they were currently following these two strangers from the rooftops of various buildings along their path. "Being nice to people is stupid. We'll just see where they end up and swipe any leftovers. Stupid pirate hunting contracts don't pay off until friggin years from now!" Zangretor grumbles loudly. At this point, he's become too frustrated to bother with hiding himself. He's blatantly stalking a pair of people in the street by leaping across rooftops and he doesn't care at all. "The sooner we can get in a good fight, the sooner this dumb trip to Vale will be worth it..."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Olivia continues to follow Cheshire, making nearly no sound as she walks. Even her footsteps are incredibly faint. She is watching Cheshire as she walks, but only to keep track of him and minimize interaction with others on the street. Almost there? I am enjoying this silent walk. I hope it is not too awkward for him, though.

The pair was being followed. Stealthily at first, but it became extremely apparent to Olivia after a while. It was the same man she spoke to earlier. Hm. Why is he following us...? Maybe I should just tie him up. I didn't bring any rope though... perhaps my guide has some! ... probably not. He's not causing a problem, I suppose. Best to feign ignorance. She continues walking behind Cheshire, keeping faint attention on their stalker. Perhaps I should show my appreciation. That's something people do, after all. She opens her mouth to speak, but no words come out. ... maybe after we arrive.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:13 pm

*After walking for a good amount of time, Cheshire stops and points at certain establishment*

Cheshire: The Vale Star Cafe. We are here.

*Cheshire turns slightly to look at Olivia.*

Cheshire: Is there anything else you need?
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:28 pm

Olivia looks up at the sign that says, Vale Stars Cafe. Made it. This faunus was helpful without being annoying, too! She turns and looks at him, nodding her head slightly in thanks. "That vas all I neded. I..." She pauses as if gathering her words. "... akpresiate your help." She also appears to be smiling, but its very, very faint.

She then looks past Cheshire, behind him and away from the Cafe, as if looking for someone on the rooftops. I wonder if he is still following us. I lost track of him briefly...
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:44 pm

Seeing the two finally reach their destination, Zangretor leaps down onto the opposite side of the cafe, near the back door. "Alright Taab, just keep track of them and we'll go in as they leave." Zangretor sighs as Taabrea begins pulsing his aura through the ground, detecting living beings like a sonar. "I'm just about done with this whole no-money thing we're going through." Zangretor leans back, closing his eyes to rest."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 7:21 am

Cheshire: So you noticed him too?

*Cheshire asked Olivia as he noticed her trying to look for something around the rooftops by the directions her eyes were directed. He was obviously referring to the guy who's been stalking them for several minutes.*

Cheshire: He seemed quite persistent. I'm almost curious to his reasons, but then again I probably don't want to find out.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 am

"Eeeh... Yes. He does note sem to be causing a problem." Olivia nods her head once more to Cheshire, then glances at the rooftops again as she turns and heads toward the door of the Cafe.

Transitioning to Vatestars Coffee, unless something else happens here before.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:31 am

*Cheshire thinks about it for a moment then walks up towards the Cafe. He held the door open for Olivia.*

Cheshire: I may as well grab a drink as well while I'm here. After you...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]   Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lost on the Streets of Vale[Open]
Page 1 of 1