RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
DrGustave

PostSubject: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:46 pm

Declans eyes shot open. He looked around the small metal room filled with his class mates. Only after standing up out of his sleeping bag did he notice that he could see his own breath. Then the cold hit him. just as bad as it was outside in the blizzard he stumbled and put his hand against the metal wall. Freezing to the touch he tried to pull his hand away, however his hand just...stuck there. "Crap...." He said aloud to himself.

(Retconned)

Franklin Dillinger - "Boost"

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zou Sama
Chat Minion

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:35 am

Shard had (like most nights) not gotten a wink of sleep. The cold hadn't bothered him much, he was used to similar if not worse conditions. He rolled over to see Declan get his hand stuck to the wall and started laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 am

IC:

"Let's be honest, there's no way your hand really just stuck to a metal wall." I half muttered, announcing to the unknowing world that I was awake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Stahl's eyes blinked into awareness, resisting the urge to close them again. He yawned, stretched, and peeled himself off the wall from which he sat against for the night. "Yep, definitely gonna be feeling that for the rest of the day..." He muttered, lifting up his sword/rifle from the death-grip he had on it during the night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Snapping out of his tired stupor, Declan blinked twice then simply pulled his hand off the metal wall. "Well it's still god damn cold in here. Someone go out and check if the heat is on." He says as he puts on his gauntlets and slipping in a flame dust canister to warm his hands. He then looks out the window on the all he had just touched to take a look out side. Outside of the small research center on the frozen landscape was a thick layer of gleaming white snow obscuring the bumps rough frozen ocean that lay beneath. Off to the right of the research center an ice cave could be seen leading downward and out of view.

9Retconned)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zou Sama
Chat Minion

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:47 pm

"Aaahh, that's disappointing" Said Shard, as Declan pulled his hands away.
He leaned against the wall again, not bothered by the cold.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:04 pm

IC:

I stared for a second, before twisting back into my sleeping bag. Luckily, it had dust powered temperature control and insulation within, so I could feel any of the cold that Declan and the others complained about.

I tapped away at my iPwn.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:13 am

Isabelle opened her eyes, noticing that she could see her own breath in the air.  After a few moments, her brain registered that it was really freaking cold.  Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a pair of snow pants and her thick jacket.  After putting them on, she stood up and walked over to the door.  Still locked.  She sat back down, shivering.  Why the hell would they turn the heater off?

The Armless Wonder - Vivian Palladino

The Quiet Trap - Cassidy Nyanza
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:40 am

Arthur stirred at the sound of people talking and moving around. He knew it was cold from the moment he opened his eyes, very cold. He sat up, rubbed sleep out his eyes for a moment looked around to gather his bearings, then stood and wrapped his great cloak around him to try and keep himself warm. "Okay, why is it so freaking cold in here?" Without waiting for a reply, "Where is Grinsley?" He asks everyone.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:17 am

"He's...." Declan started saying, attempting to remember what had happened last night before falling asleep. "He.... I think he stayed in the research room..." He looked around at the four unmarked metal walls, save for one window. "Well there's nothing in here so the heat control has to be out there, Grinsley's probably still asleep or something." He said, still shivering. "Lord knows he falls asleep during class." He adds mostly to himself.

(retconned)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:19 am

IC:

"Well then. Do you want to go and turn it on?"
Back to top Go down
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:28 am

Declan grumbles something about Lan being closer before walking over to the door. He put his hand on the cold metal handle and turned. It stopped short. 'Locked? What's he think we're really gonna do, sneak out into the freezing snow at night?' He then remembered the faunas girl who had also come on the trip. 'Well...' "It's locked. Or... Still locked. Either way we're stuck here until Grinsley wakes up." He said as he reactivated the flame dust in his gauntlets to reheat his hands.

(Retconned)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 am

IC:

I looked up. Locked doors didn't seem right. Picking myself up as I quickly squeezed out of my sleeping bag, I pulled out my jacket. Without the bag, my jacket was the only form of insulation I had, and in a quick move I slipped it on.

"What type of lock do you think it is........?"

Keeping my footsteps silent, I walked over towards the door, it's bare metallic frame appearing as a dull pale purple rather than the shiny silver-white gleam we'd seen yesterday. "
Back to top Go down
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:23 pm

"Looks like a...." Declan begins to say before noticing, beside the handle, how flat the door is. "It... Doesn't look like it locks from here. Looks like it locks from the outside." He took a moment before pressing against the door with his hands. "Hmm... Seems pretty sturdy." He says, taking his hands off of the door.

(Retconned)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:57 pm

IC:

I stepped forwards, placing my palm on the wall. Wondering what might happen, I sent a small jolt into the wall.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:25 pm

A muffled gasp could be heard on the other side of the wall before hearing the ever so lovely click of the lock. Grinsley stepped through the door frame, apparently oblivious to the cold, and scanned the room. "Which one of you...hooligans...rigged the door to send an electric shock?" He asked quizzically. Before waiting for an answer he continues. "We have a long day ahead of us and this is not how you should be starting it. Do I make myself clear?" He asks sternly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 pm

Stahl suppressed a wince at Grinsley's electric treatment. Wow, talk about bad timing. He thought, pitying the teacher slightly.

"Perfectly." Stahl said, hoping to spare the rest of the room the need to answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zou Sama
Chat Minion

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:41 pm

"Yeah yeah, work as a team, get along, all that crap" responded Shard
"When do we get to eat? Been awake all night, and that give most people an appetite." He asked/stated as he picked himself off the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:45 am

Isabelle's ears twitched as she heard the click of the door unlocking and stood up.  She walked outside, noticing Mr. Grinsley in the doorway of the other room.  "Hey.  Why is it freezing in here?"

The Armless Wonder - Vivian Palladino

The Quiet Trap - Cassidy Nyanza
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:10 am

"The reason It was cold in your...rooms is because you lot needed to wake up!" He said cheerfully as he turned his head to Isabelle. "It's nearly seven in the morning after all!" He turned his back to the group and over to the table in the center of the room where two reports lay. One labeled "Polar Ursa" depicting a white Ursa with red eyes against a black background, below it showing the standard information the students had learned from professor Port, tough fur, protective bone armor, sharp teeth and claws, and not quite intelligent. The other report was labeled "Valross" and depicted a large, black, and quite fat creature that looked not unlike a walrus. The information underneath label it as it having two extremely sharp frontal teeth, tough and thick protective blubber, swimming capabilities, and ranging from 9-20 feet long and being around 16 feet tall. "These." Grinsley said referring to the reports. "Are your targets for today. Your goal is to capture at least one of these creatures. Alive." He said, putting stress on the last word. "You will all be working together on this task, but first I have something to show the lot of you just outside of this research center. Any questions?" He asked waiting for any responses.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:52 am

IC:

"Yeah. One - where the hell is our food? And two - will this be a......competition?"

OOC: First team to capture both wins petting zoo for the tower of ozpimps!
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:02 am

Arthur follows Grinsley over to the table and takes a mental note of what they need to do, Do we have to work as a team, with him(ref. Shard) This probably will not go well.

"Why exactly do we have to capture them alive?" Arthur asks in response to Grinsley's invitation to ask questions. I thought we would just have to kill some stuff, take some notes and go back to where it's warm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:02 am

Stahl leaned over the table, examining the biology with interest.

"And where can we find them?" He asked, not removing his eyes from the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Grinsley pointed to a small storage cabinet next to the bathroom. "You can find food in there, it's canned and not as good as the cafeterias food but unless you'd like to starve I'd suggest sucking up and swallowing it." He turned his gaze back toward Lan. "And like I said already, you will all be working together. towards a similar goal, teamwork is crucial." Grinsley now turned his head to face Arthur. "This is a research center, albeit small. The rooms you all stayed in double as holding cells for Grimm, with hatches on the outside to let it fall right open. It also has several minuscule air vents to pump in sedative gasses to calm the Grimm." After he was done with addressing the students he sat down in the chair where he had slept the night before and examined a separate report once more. "I will direct you to the locations after you all eat your helpings."

Declan slowly walked over to the cabinet that had they had been offered and opened its cold metal doors. He picked several cans up and examined them. "Let's see we have a choice between canned beans and some canned tuna from..." Seeing the year printed on the side of the can he quickly out it back. "Beans it is." He said before taking the can and walking back to the group. Sitting down in one of the other four chairs in the room he extended the blade on his gauntlet and started fiddling with the top of the can, attempting to cut it open. (Retconned)

Last edited by DrGustave on Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:29 pm

IC:

"Calm the grimm?" I half-squeezed out a laugh, sounding a bit like a wheezing monkey, "Somebody sucks at Biology."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]   

Back to top Go down

Traveling to The Crystal Sea: Day 2 [Plot]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next