RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:08 am

Katy shrugged her shoulders slightly, trying to brush the question off. "It's soon, I think," she said simply. Se had sort of hoped it would get delayed indefinitely; Katy had never worked as part of a team before. She much preferred to work on her own.

"I'm sort of hoping something crazy happens. Like they count wrong or something, and there's an odd number of people. I heard I'll wind up on a team afterwards, and I'm not sure I want to. Having to live with a bunch of strangers isn't exactly my idea of comfortable," she said, with a frown.

"I was considering intentionally failing it just to avoid that situation, but that would probably get me kicked out of the school."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 7:33 am

"They're only strangers if you keep them that way! Obviously all you need to do is talk to them so that they're not strangers! Though that's not working out too well for me..." Melissa said, sighing. Her team wasn't exactly friendly. There was Grumpy Boy, who was grumpy no matter how nice she tried to be, Leader Boy, who didn't seem to be very excited about being at Beacon, nor about making friends. And that other guy, but she hadn't had the chance to talk to him much.

"I think if you failed they'd let you try again later... But you should pass! Working with a team is important.. And stuff. Too bad you didn't arrive earlier, I think we would make a great team!" She said regretfully.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:18 am

"Maybe we can convince people on our teams to trade," Katy mused, wondering if there was any sort of rule specifically against that. It seemed like it should be allowed; if people worked together better than the people they were stuck with, they should be able to trade members to make better teams all around.

"Though that wouldn't work unless people on your team didn't get along with each other and people on my team didn't get along with each other," she said with a sigh. "I dunno. It's probably not gonna be as big of a deal as I'm imagining it. I'll just.. never take my hoodie off. Four years isn't that long."

"Or we could just abandon our teams entirely and make our own! Though that probably wouldn't last long. It would never get officially recognized, at any rate."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:34 am

"Well... My team doesn't get along too well at the very least, though it's more like no one really likes each other? Or something? I dunno if they'll let us swap though... They say teams are super important and stuff and we'll be working with them for the entire time we're here..." She said, a little sadly, "We could always go on duo Grimm extermination hunts though! Doesn't matter if the school doesn't approve of it, they don't need to know!" She added with a grin.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:28 am

"That's true," Katy said with a grin. "I guess what they don't know won't hurt them. Or us. Unless we get caught or maimed or killed or something." Katy blinked, coming to a sudden realization. "I have no idea what the initiation is supposed to be," she said. "What was yours like?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 9:47 am

((OOC: What actually happened Canon-wise in regards to the first initiation is... sketchy at the best, so I'll be very vague with this))

"Haha! As if we'd get caught, or maimed or killed! You slaughter from a range, and anything that comes close will be skewered by my Naginata!" Melissa said, smiling, although she would need to practice her close combat fighting. She had relied far too long on quick, risky strikes for the throat from a distance.

"My initiation was... interesting... To say the least. It wasn't really anything special though, kind of boring really. The ball was pretty exciting though, apparently, although I was late and missed most of it... It really did some fun though..." She said, regretting the fact that she hadn't been able to arrive in time. Sleeping in had ended up being a bad idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:23 am

"Oh, right.. there's a ball," Katy muttered, wincing and reaching up to pinch the bridge of her nose. "I forgot about that bit. I'm supposed to be going with Aoife, but I'm not sure that's gonna happen anymore. She seemed awfully mad the other day."

"I think I'll just do my original idea and skip it entirely. I was pretty sure there'd have been too many problems to solve to be able to go anyway," she said, with a shrug. "On the plus side, with everyone at the ball I'll have plenty of time to finish one of the books I'm in the middle of, which'll probably be just as fun."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:30 am

Melissa paused for a few seconds, carefully thinking through her next words. Should she ask Katy to go with her instead? Why was she even considering this though? Sure, she wanted to go since she hadn't gone to the last to, but there wasn't any need to actually ask someone to go with her... More fun maybe? Not really. If she did nothing, Aoife and Katy would probably end up making up and going, and then she could tag along and have just as much fun. Then why? And wasn't she meant to trust no one? Why did the idea of the two going seem to feel... uncomfortable?

'Oh screw it. YOLO What's the worst that could happen? I SHALL FOLLOW MY INSTINCTS, TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!' She thought finally, barely managing to stop herself from saluting randomly.

"How about you go with me then? I was planning on going, but it would be boring to go alone!" She said, "And if you don't go, we wont be able to celebrate your victory!" She added with a grin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 10:59 am

"Yes," Katy responded quickly, before shaking her head. "I mean, no. I mean, um. I need to tell Aoife. Except I'm fairly sure she's still really mad, so maybe that means we already aren't going together?" Katy seemed fairly confused. "I mean.. she's probably going with Aphelion now that they've patched things up, right? So I probably don't even need to talk to her, right?"

Katy tugged on one of the zippers on her sleeve, trying to sort the whole situation out in her head despite being obviously flustered. "So, um. Yes? But I gotta tell Aoife?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:08 am

Now that Katy was getting flustered, and the initial 'adrenaline' had worn off, Melissa started blushing a little herself, "Umm... Sure! I guess telling her would be the polite thing to do after all!" She said, a little awkwardly.

Sighing as she thought back to the 'talk' she had with Aoife in the forest, she continued in a more serious tone, "She seemed really insistent that you hated her though... She just doesn't seem to want to see reason! That girl has the most irrational mind I've ever seen!" The irony of the statement was lost on Melissa, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:20 am

Katy scowled, shaking her head firmly in the negative. "I don't hate her! Didn't you hear how snippy she got?" Katy did her best to imitate Aoife's voice, and repeated her words from the other day. "'I suppose we could allow you to join us. Not even sure if you can swim.'"

She threw her hands up in a frustrated manner. "Out of nowhere! I don't even know where that came from," she said angrily. "What else could I do but leave? I don't know how to deal with people when they act like that."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 11:29 am

Nodding sagely (despite being anything but sagely, most of the time) Melissa reassured Katy, "I wouldn't worry tooooo much, Aoife does that a lot! Kind of. Umm... Actually, I've never seen her grumpy like that, before recently at least." She said, breaking any sort of wise look she might have had before.

"Maybe she's just been really stressed lately? Though she did go to some serious lengths to relieve that's stress... And you too..." She said, a little quietly, as if not wanting to even think about it, "Have you been stressed too or something?" She asked innocently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:01 pm

Katy dropped her hands and frowned, giving the question serious thought. "Well," she said slowly, thinking about it properly. "I mean, I'm always stressed, I guess. I gotta keep my grades at their best, and I always gotta make sure to keep my hood up," she said, shrugging. "With the Initiation coming up it's a bit worse, I guess, but it's not a big deal."

She suddenly frowned, looking at Melissa curiously. "Is that why Aoife, um.. I mean, is that why she, um.. because she was stressed?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 8:02 pm

"I don't know, really... She seems stressed but I'm not sure why! And she doesn't seem to be as friendly or as open with me as before, so I haven't been able to find out..." Melissa said, sighing and shoving some candy in her mouth without even realizing it, "This is kind of depressing though, sorry for bringing it up! How have your ummm... Studies been going..?" She asked, although it was somewhat obvious she still had hardly any interest in the subject of studying either.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:50 am

"My studies? Well, the same as always, I suppose," she responded with a small shrug. "I make sure to get at least an hour a day in, outside of classes. Sometimes more if it's something interesting. What about yours? You haven't asked me for any help in a little while.. have you been keeping at it?"

Katy welcomed the topic change. She had done her best to try and make things right with Aoife, but she didn't know what else to try. Aoife would just need to realize that on her own. On the other hand, Katy was rather curious if Melissa was still studying at all, and that seemed like a much more interesting topic of conversation.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 10:59 am

"Umm... Yeah, sort of! Kind of! Mostly!" Melissa said in reply, though her response was delayed and uncertain. In truth, she had gotten bored of studying, and now she hardly studied at all. But she couldn't let Katy know that! It would make her look bad, especially after the girl seemed so happy that she had been studying alone.

"Yeah! I've been studying! Oh look, is that a coin?" She said, abruptly crouching down to the ground, randomly pushing aside grass, pretending to look for a 'coin' despite knowing that she hadn't seen one. She smiled internally - she was a master of changing the subject!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:29 am

Katy let out a small 'hmmm', but decided not to press the issue. She had already gotten Melissa to attempt something obviously unpleasant with the food and didn't really want to try and push her to keep studying. For now, anyway.

"Well," she said, bending down to also look for the coin. "We should figure out something to do, huh? Maybe watch a movie or something? Something nice and simple."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 16, 2013 11:50 am

As Katy joined her in the search for the 'coin', Melissa remembered that they didn't even use coins in Vale. As currency at least. That probably could've been thought out better... But her distraction had succeeded! Hurrah!

Thinking about what they could do, Melissa jumped onto the roof of the nearby building, sitting crosslegged, pretending to be deep in thought. Of course, even if she wanted to be deep in thought, she wouldn't be able to concentrate long enough for the thinking to be considered deep.

"Sure! I think I have some movies on my scroll! Do you want to come up here and watch it, or go back to my dorm? Or somewhere else, maybe?" She asked, eyes closed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:02 am

Katy stood back up, looking up at Melissa on the roof. "If there's a ladder I suppose sitting up there wouldn't be too bad," she replied, looking around the visible edges of the building for some kind of ladder, or maybe a staircase. Though roofs meant there was always a chance Melissa might get distracted and decide to finally start divebombing people..

"Or we could watch it in your dorm? It's probably more comfortable there, and quieter too. I dunno, which would you prefer?"
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:12 am

Melissa's face took on a look of revelation, as if she had only just realised that it might be more comfortable in the dorm, rather than on the roof (And yes, she had only just realised that). Dropping back down to the ground with a short leap, landing next to Katy she pointed in the direction of the dorms, "You might be right, it would be more comfortable! Onwards!" She said, beginning to march off to her dorm.

Abruptly, she stopped after only taking a step, "You know what would be a great idea? Watching a movie while sitting on a cloud!" She said, looking upwards, as if gauging whether or not it would be possible to jump up high enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 am

Katy looked up as well, trying to imagine what sitting on a cloud might feel like. She had never been high enough up to actually touch a cloud, but she had experienced fog plenty of times. It didn't seem as fluffy as clouds looked, it was just.. damp. And difficult to see through. Plus, rain came from the clouds, so they were probably even wetter. "Yeah, it might be something to try someday," she agreed.

"Y'know, after the Initiation thingy I'll have a dorm of my own, so we'll have more options for places to hang out. Assuming I wind up on a team with nice people, anyway," she said, following the other girl.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:42 am

Smiling as she continued walking, deciding to see if she could jump up to the clouds another time, Melissa replied with a cheerful tone, "Don't worry! I'm sure your team will be nice! And if they're mean, I'll break their legs for you! And arms if you want! Though I draw the line at necks, killin' 'em wouldn't be very polite."

Despite the absurdity in her words, she seemed to be serious about doing it, if necessary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:12 am

Katy nodded slowly, then offered a small shrug. "Well, whatever. If they aren't friendly I can make their lives just as bad as they might make mine. But I don't even wanna think about that right now! Right now I just want to relax. Movie, maybe a small nap..you don't mind just taking it easy, do you?"

Katy knew Melissa liked to do rather energetic stuff, so maybe a movie and relaxation wasn't even something she'd really be interested in.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:23 am

"Sure! If that's what you want to do, I don't mind!" Melissa said enthusiastically. Watching a movie could be fun. Although to be honest, she wasn't sure why. Normally, she didn't really enjoy watching movies - she could hardly sit through a five minute cartoon, a movie, running for over an hour? Unless it had a lot of action and killing and explosions, she normally got bored before it was anywhere near being finished. Maybe it had something to do with the company...?

"Umm, what movie do you want to watch though? I only have really loud, actiony movies, so if you wanna relax we might have to find somethin' else..." She said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:40 am

"An action movie is fine with me," she said with a grin. "They're usually pretty entertaining, after all. I don't normally watch a lot of movies, so chances are I haven't seen any that you have. Do you have a favorite or anything? We could watch that if you'd like."

If Melissa did have a favorite, watching it meant Katy would be able to learn a little bit more about the girl, which was something Katy was quite interested in doing. Even if she didn't, action movies in general were easy to watch. Horror movies, on the other hand, normally put Katy on edge. So those were not an option.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 8:48 am

Arriving at the dorm, Melissa opened the door, peeking inside to see that no one was there, before walking in, closing the door once Katy had followed her in.

"I only have a few right now, just the ones I haven't watched yet, so I don't know which to watch either! I'll just randomly pick one I guess!" She suggested cheerfully.

Walking to the bed, she stopped halfway, "Umm.. Should we sit on the bed or the floor?" She asked. Maybe Katy had bad memories of beds now, after what had happened?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 9:14 am

Katy blinked, offering another small shrug in response to the question. "The bed's probably more comfortable, but we can sit on the floor if you'd prefer not to mess it up or something." The last time Katy had been anywhere near Melissa's bed she had had a hurt ankle, and wound up almost getting covered in various kinds of food by Aoife's boyfriend. She figured the chances of that happening again were.. low.

Hopping onto the bed, Katy shuffled to lean back against the wall. Walls always made for the best places to lean against while sitting. Trees were nice, but too often they were weirdly shaped. Walls were flat and easy to ignore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]   The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Katissa Chronicles Part 6: Pls no more food [Closed]
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next