RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dakir

New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 5:55 pm

Kai shrugged, "Sure." She said, deciding to drop the subject. "It's been a while since I've had a decent cup of coffee." And I'm interested to find out more about this guy's past. He might have some useful information.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 09, 2013 6:16 pm

Wolfy nodded quickly, ducking his head as they entered the coffee shop. He scanned the menu, then with a wide grin: "Iiiiii will have a caramel vanilla chocolate latte with a shot of espresso, whipped cream, chocolate chips and a plain muffin."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:25 am

She looked at the larger boy as he ordered, High maintenance too. She thought. She looked at the menu, deciding to simply order a coffee with milk and sugar. She told the person behind the counter and then looked around, finding an empty table, "Let's go grab that table." She offered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:36 am

"Sure. I love tables," Wolfy said cheerfully, heading for the table with his coffeestrosity and settling down at it. He sipped it, making a pleased noise, ears flicking slightly. "So sweet, so sugary." He paused, then took a hefty gulp.

"So, how long have you been part of the Kyronic Order for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:22 am

Kai sipped her coffee, scalding the tip of her tongue slightly. She took in a sharp breath, trying to quickly cool her mouth, That was dumb. She thought. She set the cup on the table, deciding to let it cool before attempting another sip, "As long as I can remember, really. My parents were...not around, and the Order took me in." She said, a shadow flicking across her face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 12:50 pm

"That's a familiar story. My parents weren't around either. Actually, I can't say I knew all that many kids who did have their parents around," Wolfy said, sounding pretty neutral about the whole thing. "Parents are overrated. I hear they mostly go around being embarrassing and sometimes just awful people."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:33 pm

"I don't really remember my parents, so I wouldn't really know, but I think you're underestimating the value of having people around that care about you and love you." Kai said slowly, "Parents tend to be guidance for their kids, and sometimes without them, a child can grow to be a...less than admirable person." She said, taking a sip of her coffee, which had cooled enough. "Even though I like to think the best of people, not everyone can handle the responsibility of raising themselves."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 1:58 pm

"Guidance is good. Shiny things are better. It's a rule for life," Wolfy said sagely. "And not everyone with parents has good parents. I never met mine either, but they abandoned a kid, so they can't have been that great."

He took another gulp of his coffee, making a pleased noise at the sweetness. "Giving one or two people that much control over your life seems dangerous. And boring. Dangeroring. If they turn out not to be any good, you're the one who suffers for it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:02 pm

"I suppose not everyone is perfect, but I can hardly agree with your first statement." She replied, taking a sip of her coffee, "Money and greed only lead to violence and exploitation. People who have money are able to use it to manipulate those that don't, and that never ends well." She said. "People who only care for money end up hurting those around them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:15 pm

"But money can be exchanged for goods and services. And sometimes the goods are food. And food is delicious. I like food," Wolfy said thoughtfully. "Shiny things don't have to be money either. Tinfoil is very shiny, and it makes an amazing crunching sound if you screw it up."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:30 pm

Kai shook her head, deciding to drop the subject, Not everyone can see the world clearly, oh well. She thought. She finished her coffee, which was surprising, she thought she had more left. She glanced around before saying, "You ready for that spar? I'm itching for a workout."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:34 pm

"Always," Wolfy grinned, downing the rest of his coffee and standing. He offered her his arm again, giving her a grin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 pm

Kai retrieved her blade and set it on her back. She smiled back politely and took the boy's arm, He really is tall, isn't he... "So where is this sparring area that you saw?" She asked, "The only buildings I saw were shops and warehouses."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 4:53 pm

"Not far from here," Wolfy said cheerfully, guiding her out of the coffee shop and down the street. "I guess with Beacon nearby, and Hunters and Huntresses, and guards and so on, Vale must be pretty keen on having places where people can scrap without damaging every building nearby."

It was about five minutes walk before they reached a large, dome shaped stadium. Through the misted glass exterior, it could be seen that the interior was lined with dust-fuelled shielding.

"Here we are," Wolfy said, heading inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Kai looked in awe at the large building, This is much more upscale than what we have on Kyron. She thought. She released the boy's arm and gripped the handle of her blade, but not removing it. She was impatient for a fight, but she was honorable, "This place is nice, where shall we spar?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krakarot

krakarot

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Truth told, Balthazar didn't really like fighting humans. Number one-- and quite possibly the only-- reason was that he couldn't kill them. Oh, sure, he could if he really wanted to. Hell, sometimes he might even be applauded for doing it, depending on the piece of filth it happened to be. Under most circumstances, however it was so fiercely looked down upon that he could be imprisoned for it. Grimm, on the other hand? Whole-sale-slaughter. It could be an absolute bloodbath and no one would bat a lash.

That said, the tall-though-not-quite-as-tall-as-a-certain-new-arrival-to-the-grounds young man... was actually enjoying himself. So far he'd fought several different people in as close to friendly competition as he felt was possible. There was a cut on his right cheek, blood leaking from the corner of his mouth, scuffs and stains on his somewhat form fitting black pants, a rather substantial amount of blood on his gloves which was subsequently staining them purple, and a few bruises-- some of which were quite large-- on his exposed arms.

As the two wolves made their way into the arena, they would see a tiny gathering of maybe ten people standing around staring at two men going at it in a marked circle not twenty feet from the door. One was the aforementioned red-headed Balthazar with his rather piddling injuries, fists raised he bobbed and weaved with a preturnatural speed around the flying fists of another man who seemed to easily have three times the injuries that Ba'al sported.

Some ten seconds later, a swift combination of a right cross, left haymaker, and right spinning hook kick was delivered to the jaw of the other man by the red-headed Hunter with the ornate gold and black katana strapped to his back. The other man dropped, and Balthazar danced around on the balls of his feet, raising his bloodied fists in victory. "Hah! Cakewalk, lad! C'mon, who's next? I'm actually startin' ta have some fun!" He called out in a loud, boistrous voice, his irish accent tainting his words heavily as he bounced around, turning... more or less in place.

His challenge, however, would seem to go unanswered as the spectators lowered their heads and shuffled about. Some of them walked away outright. "...Oh, come.. ON! Ye'prickbastards can't be done yet! I just started! I'll take ye two at a time! Three!" His tone, loud as it was, began to shift from excited to irritated. He had yet to even draw his sword this day! What was that?

"No one!? O'fer ****'s sake!" His bouncing had stopped and his hands flew up then back down, flicking blood across the stadium in a curving line from each knuckle. Clearly, he was ready for a new challenger to appear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:32 pm

This guy looked fun.

As he strode down into the arena, assuming that Kai was following him, Wolfy spread his arms wide, hollering at the top of his lungs. "Hey! You loud, pissin' little f***kwit! How about I break every bone in your body?!" He threw a friendly grin towards the redheaded man, then pulled off his duster, tossing it aside. He rolled his shoulders a little.

Nothing wrong with a little bit of insults between potential friends. The red-headed man even sounded like Wolfy, somewhat (well, what-would-be-Irish on Earth to Wolfy's what-would-be-Scottish, at least), so it was safe to assume they spoke the same language. The language of swearing, irreverencies and smacktalk.

"I'll happily take you on on my own, but if you're really looking for a smackdown, I know my friend here is looking for a workout. I'm sure she'd be happy to send you home on a stretcher too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Kai followed Wolfram over to where the large boy was sprouting off insults. He seems....interesting. She thought. She listened to Wolfram call a challenge, and stepped out from behind the larger boy. She was noticeably smaller than both of them, but even so she was anything but intimidated. She put on a determined smile as she nodded a greeting to the bloodied boy. He's around my age, I wonder if he goes to Beacon as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krakarot

krakarot

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Now that was quite more like it. Ba'al wheeled around to the called challenge. Or... was it answered? Bah. As his greenish eyes settled on the three-quarter's of a giant, the scarred and somewhat seasoned Hunter took in the details of this equally boistrous not-scot. Sizeable guns totally aside, first glance said the guy looked basically wrong. He had several issues of disproportion across his form which culminated in the possible explanation thereof: Dem ears. Faunus were nothing new to the bloody baron here. There had been a few back home. Out here in the city they seemed generally disliked. Well, when you hate everybody, some animal bits makes no damn difference.

"Ith mo ***, buachaill madra!" He shouted back-- quite basically saying 'Eat my ****, dog boy'-- with a downright malicious grin spreading across his face, the coagulating blood on his lip cracking slightly, his arms equally spread in violent welcome. When he-- the demi-giant-- presented his companion, a petite woman with a gratuitously massive blade on her back... who also had dog ears, go figure, Balthazar repeated his optical analysis. Her proportions were much more fitting that of a normal human, but her eyes... slitted iris? That made no sense. The katana-wielding battlepsycho would have to make certain to inquire, should she still be concious after this was over and done with.

"Tha more, tha merrier, poochies! But the ambulance will be yours lad!" Balthazar shouted as the crowd of onlookers actually increased in size. Poor stupid bastards. They had no idea what they were in for with this lot. Walking ahead a scant few steps, Ba'al raised his right arm and pointed vaguely at the pair. "By yer encumberance, I'd wager Hunters. By yer countenance, I'd wager kiddies. 'Round here, tha' means Beacon. ...'Round here, tha' means I can finally whet me blade!" He roared as that selfsame right arm whipped up to his back and metal sung its sweet sound as his gilt blade rang in the air.

Last edited by krakarot on Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:49 pm

"Excuse me? These are f***ing wolf ears, idiot!" Wolfy yelled back, grinning. Wolfy was no strange to anti-faunus bias, but it was clear as day to him that this wasn't anything like that. This was just regular banter, and anything made a viable target during banter.

He grinned as Ba'al drew his sword. That was good. Wolfy would've hated to start this with fists and had to skip to the good parts later. With a low laugh, he tipped his head back, sizing Ba'al up for a moment. He'd be fun, Wolfy imagined.

"Nice sword. Never been a fan of them myself." Wolfy's hand was almost too fast to see as he drew his left gun and fired from the hip, a blast of explosive silver-blue energy that crackled at the edges, heading straight for Ba'al.

Made as good a starting bell as anything, he reckoned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:52 pm

Kai frowned a bit as Wolfram fired the first shot, Well that wasn't very fair. She thought, He could've at least said something first. She unhitched her blade from her back, bringing it around in front of her with ease. She gripped it with two hands and bent her knees, widening her stance. She held the blade in front of her, having no trouble holding the weapon. She made no move to attack, but instead waited to see how the boy would react to being caught off guard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krakarot

krakarot

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Quick draw, huh? That over stuffed mutt. Ba'al could just counter the blast with one of his own, but it would be too close to him. The ensuing eruption of smoke would likely disadvantage the experienced fighter. Furthermore, it would tip hand of his sword's capabilities this early and he couldn't well have that. Instead, Ba'al enacted rivaling speed as his own supreme mobility shot him a yard to the right, evading the blast with scant measure to spare. Wasting no time, he began a curving dash off to his right, the (presumably) opposite side of the girl with the mammoth blade.

Shining stabbity down at his side, Balthazar moved at a decent clip of roughly two thirds his unaided speed. The distance between he and his opponents would be covered quickly as these super human Hunters engaged in their play of sorts. His destination was the tall wolf with the revolvers. A close range fighter, he would be able to work his vicious magic on the beastly gunman once he got close enough.

Still, he knew not either of their capabilities beyond an impressive blast of power from one gun of one combatant. Caution was called for in this situation. ...But, then, this WAS Balthazar we were talking about here. His middle name was decidedly not 'caution'.

Quote :
OOC: this post is bad and I should feel bad. Not going to change it, I just feel the need to express my dissatisfaction with my own effort here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 11:30 pm

Oh no you don't! Kai thought as their opponent shot towards Wolfram, He's trying to get in close to the one who has less close combat ability. Clever, but... She thought as she began to move. She rushed over to her partner, brushing past the other faunus. She smiled as she brought her blade around in a swipe aimed at testing the boy's strength.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wolfram Huffles

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:08 am

Aw, damn. Wolfy had kind of expected their opponent to dodge his first blast, but that didn't make it any less of a sorrowful occasion.

As the fight continued, Wolfy grinned. He had figured on both Ba'al going for him and Kai moving in to protect him. Both were the smart moves to make, after all. With a laugh, he leapt upwards, curving in a somersault over Kai and Ba'al, so that at the apex of his jump, as Kai swung at the human boy, one gun was pointed downwards at Ba'al's head from directly above.

He fired, sending a silver blue blast straight downwards. Two pronged attack, man.

As he landed in a crouch, somewhere that would have been a few feet behind Ba'al when he started jumping, he pointed his gun at the human boy, ready to keep firing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
krakarot

krakarot

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 10:49 am

While he wasn't surprised by such a development, Ba'al had not expected the girl to move in front of the giant like that. Unless they knew each other well, it was a dangerous move as, the instant she stepped in front of him, short as she was, the other could have completely overlooked her and fired a shot directly into her back. He-- Ba'al-- knew not how much power those shots packed, but that was sure to ruin anyone's day regardless. However, that clearly didn't happen. Instead, the ravenette wheeled her oversized weapon across the horizontal plane ((confirmed in chat)).

Now, in response, the half-a-blood knight here had a few opt-... Or the giant could use his stupidly long legs to take himself up and over... y'know....

Now, in response, the half-a-blood knight here STILL had a few options... they were just a little different than before. Taking the simple one, however, Balthazar kicked his body into full gear of his 'natural' speed, heading exactly where he was heading before. As the zweihander moved in, Ba'al ducked low with a wide, gliding step to his left. Leaning in, he blitzed his form under the sword. Simultaneously, his own sword lifted up and out. As he'd slip past the faunus woman, the base of the edge of his blade would be pressed against the front of her right thigh roughly half way between her hip and knee. As he moved he'd drag three and a half feet of razor blade through the long quadricep.

Not only would the not-wolf no longer be there when the aerial-wolf fired downward, his shot would be aimed exactly where the ground-bound-wolf's blade would be. Furthermore, should she have not managed to move further in mid-swing-- which wouldn't be altogether likely considering the inertia involved in moving a weapon that obnoxiously massive-- she would be sporting a potentially very serious injury.

On top of that, Balthazar and the giant would, by the end of this, have quite completely switched places. And, would that he ended up behind the female, Ba'al would be in the position of advantage. For, once their little dance was complete and quite regardless of whether or not he'd managed to score a long painful slash on her, the red-head would lean in, whip out his empty left hand and grab for a big handful of the girl's hair, yank her up and back, and press the edge of his gilt blade to the front of her throat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:10 am

Kai's eyes widened a little as the large boy was able to move so quickly to avoid her strike. She caught the slightest glimpse of her opponent coming up to catch her in the leg. Damn, I've left myself exposed. She thought. She pulled down on her blade hard, bringing the front of her weapon biting into the soft earth to the side of the boy. She pulled her legs up, flipping her lithe form up and above the strike. She grimaced as she brought her legs up into the air, as she was unable to completely dodge the blow. The blade grazed her leg, leaving a shallow mark on her thigh.

As she flipped up and around her own weapon, she switched her grip to prepare to counter the boy's attack, I underestimated his speed. She thought, Can't let that happen again. Her feet came down and landed back on solid earth just as the shot from her companion landed just on the other side of her sword. It thudded into the ground with enough force for her to feel it in her feet. Kai yanked her blade out of the ground, bringing it up above her head in a quick overhand strike aimed at the boy's exposed back.

Last edited by Dakir on Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:20 am

Olivia stops in front of the large arena/stadium building, looking over it briefly. Can't hurt to just look inside. Stepping inside, she spots several people sparring. At least, they're probably sparring. Nobody ever has a fight to the death! Without interfering, she moves slightly closer and watches the fight. All younger ones. Students of Beacon, perhaps? The school year has been going on for a while now. She takes a seat in her spot, in the middle of the open floor, continuing to watch.

Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]   New Town! Exploration! [OPEN] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Town! Exploration! [OPEN]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next