RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 4:40 pm

"Ooh," Katy said, pointing at him with a few greasy french fries. "You're lucky. You don't have ears to worry about, and even your tail is smaller than mine." She was fairly skilled at hiding her own tail though; it was one of the reasons she wore such a long hoodie.

"So," she asked, digging back into her food. "How are you liking Beacon so far?"
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:32 pm

"There's no reason for me not to be. If anything, you've made me more interested. Why wouldn't I?" Vates cocks his head to the side questioningly. Did she say something wrong?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Interesting... Waving off the bartender as he asks her if she wants a refill of anything, Alizae wonders what other stories she should tell. "Well... no reason, I guess. I'm used to people disagreeing with my view of things, and kind of expected you to be the same. At any rate... another story, I think." Taking out another one of her decks of cards, she begins juggle-shuffling, and starts her story. "I had been taught juggling of all sorts as I was growing up. For the first few years, it was easy stuff... rubber balls and such. I think I was 9 or 10 when they started upping it... hammers, kitchen knives, whatever else that was relatively small. I cut myself a few times with the knives, but otherwise I did alright. Maybe a year or so later, they decided I was ready to start with lit torches and small swords, simultaneously. I started off alright... but I was quickly getting tired and losing focus, and ended up missing one of the torches. Said torch ended up lighting the tent on fire... and yeah. You can imagine where things went. Singed ears, tails, and burnt canvas all over the place... it was bad. So juggling became yet another thing they were loathe to let me do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:40 pm

Matt stops eating and looks at his own tail. Yeah, it is useful for hiding it. I can just tuck it in my pants and nobody can tell the difference. I guess that's why you have that long hoodie? Matt stops eating for a second to answer her other question. Beacon's been good so far. I haven't noticed many other faunus though. Maybe there are some like us who are hiding it. How do you feel about Beacon? You're newer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Katy offered a shrug, thoughtfully demolishing a bunch of onion rings. "I dunno how I feel about the school, but I quite like the forest out back. I've got it turned into my own little shooting range, sort of. Targets all over."

She glanced around the pub again, looking puzzled. "I bet there's a bunch of people at the school like us. I'm sort of hoping they start circulating through there to get an idea of just how many Faunus are even attending," she said. "You're the first one from there I've met, y'know."
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:20 pm

The forest is great. I go out there alone just for the peace and quiet. Matt takes another look too, trying to find anyone else he recognized from Beacon. Yeah, you're the first faunus from the school I've met too. If they were more open about it, it'd be easier to find them, though I'm not one to talk. I just can't bring myself to tell any regular people, not after how they treated my mom when she was young. Matt notices he is almost out of water and orders an iced tea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:27 pm

Katy shook her head, waving a hand angrily towards a wall, gesturing in the vague direction of 'outside'. "I got banned from a weapons store a little bit ago," she grumbled. "One of the only people in the entire city to know I'm a Faunus and he decided to stop selling to all of us 'cause one of his shipments got hijacked by the White Fang or something."

She shook her head, eating a burger methodically to avoid spilling anything out of it. "How are you supposed to explain that not only are you not affiliated with them, you don't even particularly like them and have anyone believe you? Ears? Tail? Must be a criminal."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 7:29 pm

With another audible clang Aperahama finishes off the final stein of beer and stands, scooping them up in his arms and laughing yet again. He glances about with his one eye and proceeds to grin. All these little faunus who could blend in. Lucky them. All these lucky cubs and kittens.

He leaves his booth, carrying mutliple empty steins and places them down on the bar. And then, in a strange moment he digs into his belt, pulling out a small pouch of coin, clawed hands carefully picking money out.

"Think this covers th' tab, aye?" For someone who was so raucous earlier he's terribly polite when he needs to be. But then, why wouldn't he be so? The barkeep wasn't an enemy and he had no desire to scrap at the moment. The tufted tail swishes as he frowns and then holds up the hand. "Actually, get me something with more flavour. Something more...fancy. The beer's cat's piss anyhow...I should know!"

Sora Amethyst - Dater of Fayza -  "Yay! Mayhem! Ears! Pettings of ears!"

Aperahama Jones - Lion of the world - "...And that's how I lost my eye to some corn on the cob!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:08 pm

Matt looks angrily out the door, towards the outside. The nerve of some people. The White Fang has destroyed everyone's perception of faunus. Accidentally show someone your tail and, poof, you're a terrorist. Humans just can't be trusted. Matt receives his drink and starts sipping it. The people like that shopkeeper you were talking about, those are the worst kind of people. All they see is that you're part animal. They don't care who you are, just that you have ears or a tail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:34 pm

Katy shrugged again, finishing off the burger and digging back into the onion rings. "I'm not gonna say he's the greatest example of decency and respect in the world, but he did get robbed. He just.. massively overreacted."

After a moment, she frowned slightly. "I'm sorta hoping he calms down soon, though. His shop has all the best ammo," she added. "As long as he doesn't get robbed again I figure he'll come around." Katy glanced over towards the massive, loud Faunus by the bar. "I wonder what has him so worked up," she wonder aloud, polishing off the last of the onion rings in front of her.
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:50 pm

I guess you're right. You could always have someone else go into the shop and get stuff for you. Matt also turns to look at the lion faunus. I don't know. Probably had one too many beers. Matt keeps turning, looking around the bar one again. Man, there is a severe lack of wolf faunus here. There are a bunch of foxes, though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 10:26 pm

Katy finished off the last of her food and, strangely, took her time with her lemonade. Apparently she didn't drink nearly as much or as fast as she ate. "Yeah, maybe," she said in a noncommittal tone. "That sort of surprised me too," she said after taking a sip of her drink. "I mean, not the lack of wolf Faunus around. I dunno how many there are. But the amount of foxes is sort of surprising. I've never met any outside of my family before."

Of course, she still hadn't met any, having not actually attempted to introduce herself before ordering her food. Maybe if she had sat at the bar..
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:15 pm

"Yeah, I've rarely seen any other wolf faunus. The only one I've ever really "known" is my mother. The only time I see many faunus at once is when I come here. Foxes seem to be pretty common. Matt looks at the fox faunus sitting at the bar. I do wish some wolves would show up. I haven't seen one in a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:39 pm

Katy leaned back in her chair slightly, surreptitiously eyeing the large lion Faunus. "I dunno much about getting to know people, but I'm thinking I might have to try and strike up a conversation with the big guy over there," she said with a faint grin. "He seems like someone worth getting to know." She paused, looking thoughtful for a moment. "Maybe those foxes know a little about him. I should go introduce myself to them and take it from there."
Back to top Go down
Ziplock80

Ziplock80

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Matt looks at the foxes at the bar and then back at Katy.  "Yeah, you should. I don't want to keep you from your people. It was nice talking to you. See you at Beacon!" Matt stands up and walks back to where he was sitting at the bar earlier. He keeps drinking while looking at the bar, hoping a wolf faunus like him would show up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:24 pm

"You make me wish I had a more interesting childhood. Part of being raised in the lower class part of Vale, I guess." Vates shrugs, and begins letting his ears focus on scanning the room again. "Looks like you win this one. I'd still like to spend some more time with you, though. You're interesting, to say the least."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:41 pm

Frowning at Vates' response, Alizae shrugs before turning back to the bar and orders a Screwdriver. Turning back to Vates while she waits for her drink, she sighs. "I suppose so. I spent most of my life with the circus, then went to combat school, then traveled for a while before ending up here. You pick up quite a few stories that way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Katy finished off her glass of lemonade, mentally debating whether or not to actually introduce herself to the two foxes at the bar. As if coming to a decision, she abruptly stood up from her table and headed over to the bar to order another.

Turning to the two foxes she attempted a friendly smile, trying to ignore the fact that she was interrupting their conversation. "Hi! Are you guys from around here?"
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:04 pm

"I am. Born and raised Valean of 23 years. My name's Vates." Vates extends one of his hands to shake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:18 pm

Glaring at the new girl briefly, Alizae turns back to the bar as her drink arrives. Taking a sip before looking back at the pair, she sighs. "Not really. I've lived here for a while, but I'm not originally from here. Oh, and my name is Alizae."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:33 pm

Katy shook the boy's hand and then accepted her fresh lemonade from the bartender, either ignoring or entirely oblivious to the glare she had received. "I'm Katy," she said, looking between the pair. "I thought I should maybe say hello. I've never met any other foxes outside of my family before, and I didn't want to waste the opportunity."
Back to top Go down
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Vates lets out a chuckle when he notices Ali glare at Katy, before . "I noticed that there weren't too many of us around. Lots of cats though." He glances towards the large lion-man. "Not a whole that can be done about it though. At least they're faunus."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Alizae's expression softens slightly at hearing Katy's admission, feeling slightly bad for the other girl. "Hmm... you need to travel the world sometime, it's really easy to meet other Faunus when you do that. I couldn't even name all the ones I've met."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:21 pm

Katy also glanced over at the large lion. "Nothing wrong with a cat every now and again," she said, before she could catch herself. Hastily taking a quick sip of her lemonade, she grinned at the other girl. "I've traveled a little bit," she said, then frowned. "Well, distance-wise anyway. My family lives close to Menagerie. But I've been here for a bit now and tonight is the first I've even seen other Faunus. I think they must be doing what I do and covering up at the school."

After a moment, she shrugged. "Once I graduate I figure I'll travel a lot. S'sorta the whole point, right?"
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Of course, Aperahama was not deaf. He was large. Brash. And right now sniffing cautiously at some sort of drink featuring more fruit juices than he would ever have asked for. He shrugs, downs it and puts the glass back down before tilting his head, mane and beard falling forward a bit.

"Nothing wrong with cats at all little kits and cubs. Hah!" He chuckles and twitches his tail, pulling up a bar stool and sitting himself down, rubbing at the eyepatch before turning to look at the many foxes. He of course wasn't too fussed about what species people considered themselves to be. Bit hard to be bothered when you were as far to the side as he was. He grins and plants his elbow on the bar, leaning back.

Sora Amethyst - Dater of Fayza -  "Yay! Mayhem! Ears! Pettings of ears!"

Aperahama Jones - Lion of the world - "...And that's how I lost my eye to some corn on the cob!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CentralDogma

CentralDogma

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:05 pm

"I've done a fair bit of travelling after I was expe-" Vates stops and looks uncomfortable for a second before correcting himself and continuing. "I mean, after I finished my time at Beacon. Most of it was just out in the wilderness on assignments though, so I didn't really meet a whole lot of people."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 7:14 pm

Catching the mistake in Vates' explanation, Alizae raises an eyebrow, but says nothing. Not another interruption... damnit. Groaning as Aperahama sits down, she can't help but think such things. "Well... I suppose being a trained Huntress does help while traveling, yeah. Most of mine was done after I graduated after all."

Taking a sip of her drink, she can't help but regret approaching Vates now. Too many deviations from the original plan... And a group of four isn't the most ideal for me, but I'll live with it for now...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]   Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fang And Claw - The Faunus Bar [Open, Some Exceptions, Ongoing]
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next