RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]

Go down 
+4
Kaliot
zhleader
Laris_Cole
Yuki-Chan
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Zou Sama
Chat Minion

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 5:40 am

"I'm normally not in places where that's a problem. I've been mostly sneaking in and out of bandit camps for the past few years, and before that, I mostly kept to myself"
Yew swirled the ice in her glass while she spoke. When she was done, she ordered another drink, and a pack of chips. She just realized, she hadn't eaten all day.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:02 am

Maverick could only appear amused as the two had exchanged greetings. He was also thinking about Ian's story and what his prosthetic arm was capable of.

It's amazing how detailed the story was and if my years of experience of analyzing the mentality of individuals are correct, I'd have to say that the story was actually true

"I would have to say that the story was quite amazing, even though it's made up. It's astoundingly believable, as if it wasn't fictional at all",
he said as he clapped his hands in amusement.

Though in another note, it seems that it really is a prosthetic arm... I need someone who has knowledge or experience with changing a real biological part into a robotic one... I'm growing far too tired of this human body of mine. Not even capable of using at least 15% of my abilities
, he was thinking as he was lost in thought but appeared to be enjoying everything on the outside until the girl that Ian was talking to caught his attention.

"I'm normally not in places where that's a problem. I've been mostly sneaking in and out of bandit camps for the past few years, and before that, I mostly kept to myself"

"Ms. Yew, My name is Maverick",
he said as he showed a gesture of greeting. "Due to my curiosity in things, I can't help but ask why a young girl such as yourself been 'sneaking in and out of bandit camps'?"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 am

Zangretor had somehow managed to fall asleep during Yuuka's talk, most likely from his constant late nights searching for food. After tipping back in his chair for so long it began to fall back. Instinctively, Zangretor lunged upwards and smashed the chair behind him, waking up in the process. Realizing his folly, he leaned on the table, casually trying to pass that he had been listening the entire time and just felt like breaking something as he began to pay attention to the conversation of the others.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:23 pm

"Well, I've been looking for someone. I found him now, though." She responded, somewhat more nervously now that there were two people she wasn't familiar with. She downed her second drink, thinking it was a damn good thing she couldn't drink alcohol yet.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 8:42 pm

"Looking? As in find someone who was missing, or find someone who was wanted?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:07 am

"Neither. A friend of mine was kidnapped when we were six, and no-one else seemed to care. So I decided to rescue him. Found him a couple weeks back, and I kind of wish I hadn't."
Yew stared into her glass, no longer nervous, just sad. She offered the bag of chips to Ian, no longer hungry.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 3:19 am

"Oh. Sorry to hear that." I took a look inside the bag of chips; it was plain potato with salt. "Normally, I'd go with the Ifrit flavor, but thanks." I took the bag with my real hand and took a crisp out with my metal one. Less grease on my flesh to wash off.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:06 am

Yew started swirling her glass again. What was the social norm here? Had the conversation ended? If so, was one of them supposed to leave? Ian was still sitting next to her, say was he expecting her to leave? Or was one of them supposed to bring up some other topic? Was she just overthinking this? Now she didn't know whether it was better to be panicking or to be depressing herself over Shard. She really should have spent some time practising social skills when she was working on her other skills all those years ago. Yew started fidgeting nervously.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 am

Maverick noticed that Yew seems to be nervous for some reason... so he decided to ask her a question...

"I've conversed with a young girl earlier and asked her why she joined this expedition. Now, you seem to be much younger than her... what was your reason for joining this dangerous cause?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 4:23 pm

"Well, most obviously, I need money. Beyond that? I guess, I need something to keep me from dwelling on the state I found my friend in. Not working right now." Said Yew, once again, no longer nervous, just sad.
"How about you?"
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:32 pm

"Though my main reason right now is to find, confirm, and observe some things.", he said as he gave a sincere smile as if hinting that its something that shouldn't be looked into full detail.

Then noticing Yew's sudden change in expression.

"Ms. Yes, you appear to be rather shy around us, possibly because we're just strangers you have just recently met"
, he said as he still kept his smile from earlier. "But I've also noticed that your shyness does not hinder you from doing the things you desire or need to do. You are still young and yet you have such a drive to act that most people I know don't. Have more confidence on yourself. I'm sure that whatever is troubling you as of now, you are surely capable of solving it"

He then gives her a business card;

Business Card wrote:
Avernus Corporation
Maverick Avernus
CEO
***-****((OOC: Assumed telephone number))

"After all this, if ever you need a stable employment then feel free to contact me."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 9:36 pm

Yew accepts the business card and looks it over.
"Thanks" says Yew, with a smile. "Considering what I've been doing the past two years, kindness from humans is a bit of an oddity for me. I appreciate it."
Yew puts the business card in her back pocket, slightly more comfortable around Maverick now, at least knowing where she stands with him.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 21, 2013 11:50 pm

"So are you just handing those out to everyone or what?" Zangretor asks, eyeing Maverick. "By the time we're done with all this, you'll have rounded up a nice new bunch of employees, huh? Not a bad strategy. I'd still go for it. As long as I'm not in some lame desk job that is." Zangretor chuckles a little, imagining himself in a suit and tie. "If you ever need someone to take out a rival CEO or something, give me a call."
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:13 am

Maverick noticed that Zangretor suggested that he could go and take out a rival CEO.

"Oh, Sir Zangretor, I'm not simply handing this out to everyone. I am only handing this out to people who I sense to have potential. Individuals who I can see as a true asset and benefit. And of course, the job I'll be giving you is something that you'll find truly enjoyable, I assure you.", he said with a sincere smile on his face as he naturally grabs Zangretor's hand as such that it was like a deal had been made, but he had also left a red business card in Zangretor's hand after he let go.

Red Business Card wrote:
C.H.A.O.S.
Founder
***-****((OOC: Assumed contact number))

Last edited by Laris_Cole on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:25 am

"I'm pretty sure saying things like that'll get you kicked out of the 'Pirate Hunters,' Zanger- Zangey- Whatever," I said to the guy with armor on his chest. "If you kill people for a living, why are you here?" I thought about the irony of my words. Me, a thief and a killer. My only records are my birth records, I'm living under the stolen identity of an Ian E. Moon, and to top it off, I'm working with the pirates to ensure when they get their ship, there wouldn't be any resistance.

I turned over to Yew. "By the way, Yew. What do you think of this little group's name, the 'Pirate Hunters'? A little generic for us, don't you think?"
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:45 am

"Well, I thought that 'Pirate Hunters' was just the job description until I actually signed on. I thought we were going to be a branch of the police, or something. What would you call us?" Asked Yew. She looked at the bar top and saw a bowl of peanuts. She picked one up and flicked it into her mouth.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 12:54 am

"Me? Hm... never really thought of that myself. Just kept wondering why this team's got such a bad name." I thought about this group. Government funded, goes about looking for pirates like Riley and I, with a ship like they're in the Royal Navy, most likely engages in a battle royale with the enemy...

"How about this? The "Royales." Pronounced Royals, spelled R-O-Y-A-L-E-S. A little tribute to the Royal Navy while also standing out a bit."
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:09 am

Kasumi sipped her drink in silence, taking a glance at the businessman across the room, He really is trying to recruit everyone to his little business. She thought, Once this is over, I'm going to read up on this 'Avernus Corporation'. Kasumi decided, I don't like the sound of it whatsoever, especially if they work with people like my father.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 7:37 pm

From xir place by the bar, sipping a fruit-juice cocktail free of alcohol, Ami's ears twitched again as xe looked at the young man who wasn't using his real identity. "THAT NAME IS BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD," xe shouted, grabbing xir drink and turning more fully to the shady young man. "And regarding the loudmouth with two personalities... We're going to be killing people. It's kind of a sad reality of our job."

Xir eyes went to Yuuka, and xe sighed.

"We'll be trying to use less-lethal tactics as much as possible, but when it comes down to it? We're probably going to have to kill some pirates. Because if that's what it takes to save innocents, so be it." Xe jerked a thumb at Zangretor. "He might be crazy, kind of an asshole, and not have a whole lot of what one might call common sense, but he's perfectly willing, and from what I saw from his aid against a most unholy and disrespectful foe, pretty able to kill. And we might need that. Because we might need to kill."

As xe turned back, a smile crossed Ami's lips.

"... Especially if there are any traitors in the ranks. There won't be any simple captain's mast if I catch any mutinous shenanigans. I'm going to throw the mutineer overboard, hog tied with a ticking grenade shove up their-"

"Nachos," the bartender said, dropping them in front of Ami.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 pm

The Faunus with the bat ears suddenly sat next to me, causing me to nearly drop my drink while shooting down my name idea and talking about harsh realities and crap. I zoned out about halfway through the short chatterbox's monologue, focusing more on the bag of chips I had when the mention of "traitors" brought me back.

Mutiny? Captain's Mast? Where is all this talk of- my thoughts stopped when I looked at the speaker's ears. Faunus. Guess these freaks really do have superior hearing, and this one must have overheard me across a noisy inn. Gotta thread lightly. I kept quiet, thinking of what to do if they actually caught me, as the bartender dropped a miniature cardboard tray of chips and cheese in front of this - Is this person a guy or a girl? Add that and calling the Faunus "freaks" to list of things not to say in front of this crew.

"You are quite a talker, aren't you?" I pivoted in my seat to face the redhead. "And on the subject of killing, I brought that up because the guy was talking about assassination and corporate sabotage. The killing part for this job, I'm sure I'll be fine with. My life or theirs, right?" I finished off the chips and ordered a bunch of mini-pretzels. "By the way, I don't see YOU coming up with a better name for this crew than mine."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 28, 2013 6:58 am

Oh dear, people were fighting over a question I asked Thought Yew.
She tries to slowly slink away unnoticed. There were accusations being thrown at Ian, and Yew didn't want her first meeting with her crew to be accompanied by accusations being thrown at HER.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 11:39 pm

"We don' neev anoffer name," Ami was munching on xir nachos, pausing and swallowing before xe continued. "Pirate Hunters is just fine. It's to the point. Descriptive. We hunt. What do we hunt? We hunt pirates. When dealing with naval matters, more direct is better, unless there are hundreds of years of tradition backing it up because it was more direct then."
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:35 am

"Eh." I ordered a non-alcoholic ginger ale and more pretzels to go with it. I already got enough Mako-Sake in myself. Too much alcohol would make me feel dizzy.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 12:51 am

Having successfully snuck away from what she assumed was a bad situation to be in, Yew makes her way back over to Yuuka, and takes a seat nearby. So far, things were going ok. Not great, but ok. She listed off the events in her head.
1st, she was frightened. Bad.
2nd, she was apologized to, and ordered a replacement drink. Good.
3rd, she managed a slightly normal conversation. Great.
4th, someone had taken an interest in her. Could be good or bad, not able to tell yet.
5th, she was reminded of bad memories. Bad, but overlookable.
6th, she wasted money on chips she didn't eat. Very bad, she was running fairly low on cash.
7th, she (thinks) she caused an argument. Bad.
8th, she escaped the [argument] unseen. Good.
That made for a roughly even amount of goods vs bads. She could definitely work with that.
Yew pulled her trenchcoat more tightly around herself, and fished a little play-dough like substance from her pocket. She started playing with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]   A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Meeting of Hunters [Pirate-Hunter's Plot][Closed]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4