RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]

Go down 
+4
Tsuteto
AkaiOtaku
Shortstop
Cheshire Schrodinger
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 12:06 pm

In the blacksmith shop you see rows and rows and finely honed weaponry and other metal goods lined up on the walls. You can here the slamming of hammer on steel from behind the counter where the blacksmith is making work out of a double edged blade. As you enter, the blacksmith sets down his hammer and nods in your direction showing he acknowledges your presence. He's a rather short but burly man with a ragged beard. Even though you were in a town of thieves this man has casually set down his hammer knowing he was in the presence of a stranger. It is hard to tell whether or not he's just too trustworthy or if he just doesn't think you're worth being cautious around.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 1:18 pm

Ron gives a nod back to the blacksmith to show that he will talk to him in a moment. He does a quick loop around the shop barely glancing at the products, and walks up to the blacksmith.

"I need some information on Solomon's manor. More specifically if there is anything useful there?" he asks the blacksmith, hoping the guy won't deny him info just because he wasn't completely planning on buying something.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 2:55 pm

"Bah~!" the blacksmith spat spitefully. "That there place is no good boy! You'd do just as good going off and jumping off a bridge! I'd seen too many greedy bums buying my wares only to go up there with them and never come back!"

The blacksmith picks up with hammer and slams down on the blade once more, giving off a deafening ring. "I don't even understand it myself," he growled. "All of them thieves and explorers going up there to a dead man's house for what? Treasures? Weapons? I hear that man Solomon was so smart he had collected a kingdom's fortune in a year and kept it all one room! He was a hunter I hear, one who traveled all over the place and collected things that no one else owns. I will admit, I am interested in that dust sword."

The blacksmith pauses to look over his handiwork. "A double edged sword with a blade made entirely of a dust crystal. Somehow that man found a way to craft a blade from dust that doesn't break. I hear it can burn everything it touches with a fire that will keep on burning until the ashes are gone! The blade of the burning void it's called. Abaddon is its name. What I wouldn't give to take a look at that kind of craft."

The blacksmith sets down his tools and turns to Ron. "But listen here boy, that place is no place for a young blood like you! I've seen veterans and skilled men twice your size and age go up there and never come back! Not a single one of them fools have gone after that dead man's treasure and came back to tell it except--"

The blacksmith trails off. He turns back to his work and slams his hammer down on the blade.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Aeden keeps his eyes forward trying to not draw any attention to himself but he keeps the other bar patrons in his peripherals just in case they try anything against them. He notices the young man who stands out among the others like a sore thumb but decides to worry about that at a different time. At the bar Aeden notices a stool that his empty and sits down. "Barkeep I'll a shot of tequila if you have it."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 4:59 pm

The bartender sets Aeden's drink in front of him not even bothering to ask for ID. You don't appear to stick out to her enough for her to want to ask questions on your situation. She goes back to cleaning glasses.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Aeden takes his shot puts down the glass. Disgusting. Its been watered down beyond the point of recognition. "I'll take another." Aeden puts down a small bundle of lien. "I'll also take any information you have on jobs relating to Solomon's Castle." Aeden keeps head town to hide his identity but keeps his eyes fixed on the bartender to gauge her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 5:33 pm

The lady bartender sets another shot in front of Aeden. She eyes him as he asks her the question. "Cursed," she said simply. "No dimwit who tried to go there has ever been seen coming back. I don't know what happens to them and I'd rather walk around the town square in nothing but my panties carrying a 'free eats sign' then be the guy who finds out."

She looked like she was going to leave it at that, but pauses in thought. She nods in the directly of the handsome young blonde man sitting at a table a ways off.

"I hear if you want information, he's the guy to talk to."

Without another word, she goes back to cleaning glasses.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 6:03 pm

Aeden turns his head slightly toward the blonde man. Should have known to start with him. It just cost me money and my sense of taste. Aeden picks up the shot and walks over to the man. Once he gets to the table Aeden puts the drink in front of him and stands next to the chair across from the blonde. "You look thirsty friend. Mind if I take a seat?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 6:26 pm

The handsome young man smiles at Aeden. "Go right ahead stranger," he says pleasantly. "Name's Billy. How may I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Ketchum

Ketchum

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 6:56 pm

Cheshire Schrodinger wrote:
The general store is pretty much as most people would expect it. Selling generally anything. Business seemed slow as the only customer around was some guy taking his time deciding on whether or not to buy a single thick cigar or a box of cigarettes for the same price. The shop keeper stands behind the counter, a rather peaceful look on his face as he simply watches over his small store like a statue in a flower garden.
Walter looked around the place. It was kinda dinky, and it wasn't as bustling as Walter would have expected. Walter approached the shop keeper on the other side of the counter. He looked to the side and then to the other side. He clearly looked suspicious. He leaned over the counter and said in a controlled voice, "I need some.... direction. You know what I mean? Here's some uh... compensation (slips in money). I need to know where Solomon is. You know, his place or wherever..."
Back to top Go down
http://bladeoftheninjav2.forumotion.com/
eyeblaster3

eyeblaster3

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:04 pm

Caihn gets bored of waiting around for someone in the milling crowds to do something interesting, and steps away from the wall in the square. He eyes some of the people leaping from roof to roof, and moves down the southern path, before crossing into the first back alley he sees. From there he clambers up onto a nearby dustbin, and jumps to pull himself up onto the roof of the thankfully quite low building. He crouches down behind a chimney and looks over the rooftops, surveying the immediate area.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:08 pm

"Solomon?" the store owner questions. "Eh heh heh~ Check the graveyard then. You haven't done much reading have you? That man's been dead for centuries." The man chuckles.

"You another rogue after the famed treasure he left behind eh? If I had a lien for ever time I met one of you!" The store owner laughs out loud at Walter. "Take my word boy, you'd be better off seeking fortune in the gutters! That place is littered with the bones of greedy tomb robbers with much more experience then you!"
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Ron listened carefully to the blacksmith, One room? I should remember that, and tell the others that information. As the man continues talking he gets a cocky grin, Maybe they were too big and too slow to survive in there. Not a problem for me. When he mentioned the sword Ron's ears perked up, Maybe that's what we need for the Tower, if not I'm keeping it for myself.

The blacksmith paused in his speech. Ron tried to coax him along, "Except?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm

eyeblaster3 wrote:
Caihn gets bored of waiting around for someone in the milling crowds to do something interesting, and steps away from the wall in the square. He eyes some of the people leaping from roof to roof, and moves down the southern path, before crossing into the first back alley he sees. From there he clambers up onto a nearby dustbin, and jumps to pull himself up onto the roof of the thankfully quite low building. He crouches down behind a chimney and looks over the rooftops, surveying the immediate area.
You spot Cheshire standing stone still like a statue on a nearby rooftop three times as high in elevation. The faunas is looking over the southern district with a bird's eye view. He suddenly leaps down disappearing from your line of sight.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 7:14 pm

Shortstop wrote:
Ron listened carefully to the blacksmith, One room? I should remember that, and tell the others that information. As the man continues talking he gets a cocky grin, Maybe they were too big and too slow to survive in there. Not a problem for me. When he mentioned the sword Ron's ears perked up, Maybe that's what we need for the Tower, if not I'm keeping it for myself.

The blacksmith paused in his speech. Ron tried to coax him along, "Except?"
The blacksmith cracks his jaw. He pauses his hammering. "Rumor has it there's one person who went up there.... and came back... That's all you're getting out of me! I ain't telling you who it is or where to find her! If you're going to go up there and get yourself killed then go ahead, but leave that lass out of it!"

The blacksmith starts to ferociously hammer the blade.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 9:06 pm

Lass, huh? So the only person who survived was a girl. Better keep that information to. Ron thinks before being startled by the man's ferocity. "Okay. Thanks for the information!"

Ron walks back to the front door. Reaching for the handle he turns back and says to the blacksmith so he can hear him, "When I do get inside that house and come out alive, I'm gonna bring that sword here and let you finally see the sword you've been dreaming about." With that Ron opens the door and walks outside to Chiu.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:06 pm

Chiu nodded once as Ron rejoined her. Things had been quiet and unremarkable while she had been on her own. No one tried to ambush the pair, not yet, at least. "Anything good?" She asked, scanning the open street for the nth time.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:52 pm

Aeden takes a seat across from Billy but doesn't remove his cloak. "Well Billy I need some information about jobs relating to Solomon's Castle and I was told your'e the one to ask." Aeden lifts his head a bit in order to look at Billy. Aeden's dull grey eyes slightly standing out in the darkness caused by the hood and the cloak.
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 11:57 pm

"Oh~ so it's info you want," Billy smiles pleasantly. "Info is a pretty valuable thing stranger. I can't just give it to you for free. You can't just buy it either."

Billy's hands emerge from the folds of his cloak, one carrying a deck of playing cards. He sets it in the middle of the table. "Hows about a game of black jack? Every hand you win you get to ask a question. Every hand I win, you fork over a six pack's worth of lien or one of your belongings. What do you say?"
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:12 am

Aden did not expect to be playing poker on a dangerous journey. "Alright I'll play your little game. Before we start in the case I lose. Do I pick what you get or do you just take a possession of mine. I would rather the former of the two choices."
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:13 am

"You may choose," Billy answers, shuffling the deck of cards slowly. "But it has to be of at least some value. No putting pocket lint on the table."
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:21 am

"Fair enough how's this." Aeden reaches into one of his pockets and places a vial on the table. "This is a highly effective neurotoxin called Death's Touch. It can be used to coat weapons or used by itself. It sells for a hefty price. Would that be enough to wager on this game?"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:26 am

"Ah~ very nice. You must be a confident gambler." Billy smiles. "Alright, I'll deal."

At a snail's pace, Billy picks up the top two cards on the deck and places them in front of Aeden. Flipping them over he reveals a king of spades and a two of hearts. He then picks up another pair of cards from the top of the deck and place them in front of himself. Flipping one over he reveals a ten of spades.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:28 am

Ron stepped on the street quickly looking around. Seeing that there wasn't anyone around to eavesdrop he quickly tells Chiu everything he learned from the blacksmith, "So what I got from him was that only 1 person has gone to the Solomon manor and come back. He didn't tell me anything about who she is or where to find her, only that it is a woman." Ron has a quick moment of hesitation before deciding that he should always trust his teammates. "I also learned that all the riches in the manor are probably in just a single room. The blacksmith also talked about a broad sword made entirely of a dust crystal that Solomon was said to have. Maybe that's the item Cheshire wants us to obtain."

He starts walking back to the square with the information hoping Chiu was following. "We should get back and tell the others the information."

Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:39 am

Aeden glances down at his cards for a moment before looking back at Billy. "It could have been worse. Hit me"
Back to top Go down
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion
Cheshire Schrodinger

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 12:44 am

Billy swipes the top card, letting it fling towards Aeden. As Aeden flips it, he sees a ten of diamonds.

"Bust," Billy states bluntly. He flips his own hidden card to reveal a five of diamonds. He reaches over and grasps the vial. "Sorry man, wasn't your luck."

Billy sets the five cards to the side and deals again at the same slow pacing. Aeden now has a five of clubs and a ten of spades. Billy has an ace of clubs and the other one remains hidden.

"Care to put something down?"

Last edited by Cheshire Schrodinger on Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 24, 2013 4:51 pm

"Any idea who this girl is?" Chiu asked as they walked. "I'm sure there are more than a few girls in this town and I doubt we can just go around asking each one if she's the particular girl who went into that place. If they would even talk to us in the first place."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]   Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Journey To The Tower of Grimm [PLOT]
Page 5 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next