RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Drake Ferrox

Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Another one that thought this was a contest. He was noticeably uncomfortable at how close she was. Indeed, the last time someone got this close to him an ill judged kiss resulted in a crater, a broken leg and the shocked realisation of some that he could go against the alpha crazy in the state he was in.

Kissing her probably was not a good idea. But he was angry at the inferred insult. The implication that he was weak...he growls himself and remains resolute in the fact of her fury. Fear was not something he knew. And when he speaks his voice is cold.

"Who did you lose?" A genuine question. A sharp, painful one for him. "Who did you lose to them? Who did you fail to save? Tell me that. Tell me!" But anger...anger was something he knew full well. He stood, letting his anger give him strength, glaring at her. "More than I can imagine...hah! I can imagine them all dead. Every last one. The snow crimson with revenge. How....dare....you. How dare you imply anything but that?"
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:54 pm

Victoria does not flinch. "I've lost no one because I know how to protect." She stands in the face of Drake's rage. She was typically an honorable person, but he was making her progressively more irritated with each word. "Does that upset you? That you couldn't protect someone?" She uses her mocking voice, laced with venom and cocking her head.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:01 pm

She did not just... The first sign that something was about to go horribly, horribly wrong was his eyes, shifting from black to a deep blue, tendrils of darkness retracting as he glares at her. Unarmed...but not unarmed.

His hands curl, taking the natural pose they would when the Talons were worn and he growls. She was getting to him. He had to calm himself. He had to control himself. But the venom of her tone...her arrogance. Why was she getting to him so much?

"How...dare...you." He's trembling with anger, flexing his fingers, almost at the point where he crosses the line. No. He was stronger than that. He was stronger than her. He freezes, relaxing his hands and simply staying perfectly still.

"It's none of your business. My loss is my own. In acknowledging it...I am stronger than you. That is all you need to know."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:08 pm

"HEY GUYS I HEARD THERE IS A PAIR OF IMMENSE SEXUAL TENSION AND WAS ASKED TO EXORCISE THE DEMON OF INDECISIVENESS, SO COMING THROUGH!" Aphelion called, galloping on Equinox between the pair. Catching a glimpse of someone he knew, he turned Equinox around and came back to them.

"Hi there Drake. Who's the lady?" he asked nonchalantly as if he didn't see any worrying signs.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:21 pm

Victoria's tried to keep her face from turning red at the mention of sexual tension, but her blood betrayed her and she grew bright crimson. Backing away as a horse cuts in front of her, she shouts at the uninvited guest "Hey! Who do you think you are?" He must have been crazy.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:27 pm

Drake wasn't much better. Though he knew Aphelion wasn't the target of wrath he snarled, trying to find his was to step around the horse. "She's..." He stopped a moment. How was he supposed to describe her? His mind was a mess at this moment in time. She had thrown him completely...so that even on the edge of Frenzy she still was troubling.

"No one. Just a third year who was here....who said the wrong things. Now move!" He growls, trying to reach around the horse toward Victoria, a brief flicker of the bladed aura visible, almost giving his bare hands talons of their own. But he's separated from her. Unable to reach. And so very frustrated.

To Aphelion it would be obvious. Drake was confused. Completely thrown off his seemingly normal, apathetic self. And the object of his confusion? The angry, golden armoured goddess of victory stood on the other side of Equinox.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:32 pm

"I am a man of many names, but you may call me The Exorcist." he said before turning to Drake, "And you... I hope you're not getting yourself in trouble with anyone. I don't want to have to carry your ass to the infirmary." he said, leaning towards Drake and whispering, "If you want a strong girl, you act weak, dunce. At least not stronger than her."
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:47 pm

Victoria huffed. "I'm not deaf. He's not stronger than me." Want me? Nope. Not happening.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 3:54 pm

At Aphelion's words he freezes, shaking his head, trying to snap back from the clawing motion he had just attempted. He looks up with those stark blue eyes and shakes his head, holding back a growl. Act weak? After what she had just said?!

But still, he is calming. The blue in his eyes is slowly being consumed by the black tendrils as he glances over toward Victoria. Why was this so confusing to him? Did Aphelion see something he did not?

He sighs and steps back, shaking his head. This was pointless. This was foolish. He was foolish. He shakes his head again and glances back toward Victora. "I...apologise. There...won't be any further issues."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:00 pm

He leaned in closer to Victoria, "You're absolutely right, considering he got beat up by my girlfriend. However you look at it, you're stronger... and he knows it. He's playing strong to impress you, and I gotta say, if I hadn't met my kitty, I probably would've too." he whispered to her before pulling himself back up, "Well then, I hope you two don't hurt each other too much, unless you want to hear why Equinox only responds to whistling and other, less decent noises." he said before galloping further into the arena.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 4:59 pm

Victoria was confused and very, very angry. She was not used to this sort of thing, people liking her as something other than a leader. Her mind was too swamped to offer Aphelion a response. That wasn't right, she was a commander, she was a leader. she was NOT an object of anyone's affection. She decided that the best course of action was to make Drake hate her. So like any normal person, once again, she punched Drake square in the face again. But this time, he didn't fall.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:03 pm

He stumbles back a few steps and remains standing. Stoic. Calm. He lifts his gaze up to meet hers, taking a deep breath as he did so. And he steps forward again, the metal clink of the leg brace audible. So this was how she dealt with the confusion. He shut down...she lashed out.

"Again." He raises his arms and stretches them wide open, looking at her. He would be here. He would not move. No, he would stand here. For what he chose to believe in. His voice isn't as cold...or hostile as it was before. No, this was something different. Something...perhaps more soft.

"Again!"
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Aphelion watched from afar, waiting to see when he should interfere again.

"Drake... Bear through it and you'll be rewarded." he said, praying quickly for Drake while holding his hands up in a shape of impromptu binoculars.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:19 pm

That was wrong. Who asks to be hit? "Damnit! What the hell is wrong with you!"
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:25 pm

"I don't know. I...honestly...do not know."

He remains there, arms open as he notices her hesitate. Somehow he was getting through. Somehow, she was calming. He honestly did not know. All he knew at the moment was that she was making things...more difficult than they normally would be. Seeing her hesitation he takes another step forward, calm, in control still.

"I don't sleep...I fight on despite things such as my leg being broken...and for some reason I am here...letting this happen for reasons I do not know. Maybe...I am broken. No. No maybes...I am broken. I am the broken one Victoria. This is who I am..."
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Victoria spits off to her side. "You're damn right you're broken." She turns to retrieve her ax and exit the arena.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 pm

A slight frown as Victoria turns, going to retrieve her weapon and carefully he moves himself, rubbing at his jaw. This was certainly...different. He moves, carefully so, gathering up the prone forms of the Talons and dragging them toward their armoured case. He didn't want this. Some part of him didn't want her to leave.

He stops, turning to look toward her, calling out for a moment.

"Will you be here tomorrow night?" Curiosity...and just the slightest hints of hope in his voice. He remains still, waiting a hopeful response, even as he absent-mindedly slips the Talons back into their case.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:02 pm

Victoria stops for a moment. Without looking back, she says "Piss off." Victoria exits the arena and shuts the lights off.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 7:04 pm

And at that he laughs, shrugging and making his own way out of the arena in the darkness. He was used to the darkness. It was his territory. He spent most of his nights in it anyhow. Though now he had a distraction...
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Talons, Axes and Wolves [Openish]   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 11:58 pm

((Timeskip and New Location))

((Friday of Week Four - Emerald Forest))

Two days later...largely because he couldn't track her down quickly enough for it to be one day later. The time is late in the evening, the sun having gone down and most people having gone to bed to sleep, ready for the next day.

His mind is settled for a change. He'd had a long talk with Indigo and as a result he felt...safer within his own team. Gone were the feelings of awkwardness and silent hostility that he had been harboring. Of course, part of this may have been due to his current distraction who was ever at the back of his mind, Victoria.

He grinned as he slipped into the forest, a shadow with the occasional glint of silvered iron as the bladed scales of the cloak whispered behind him with rustling motions. Now it was his turn to...show off. To prove that he could be her equal.

His prey? A lone beowolf...something that had meaning for him as a target. Not only was it a suitable challenge, with a very similar fighting style to his own...speed, talons and temperament...but it was also the very same type of Grimm that had scarred his mind so, so many years ago. But he had to be careful...

He knew well enough the cost of foolish mistakes.

Last edited by Drake Ferrox on Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:23 am

Armored and leather-bound feet trot through the forest semi-silently. Four figures of very varying body types ran through the bushes, lead by a tall woman clad in golden armor. The group was on a late night hunt for training grimm. Victoria wouldn't allow her team to train on dummies or sandbags when catching grimm was so simple. Each of the four members of Team Victory carried a coil of silver rope around their shoulders waists or in their hands. They were hot on the trail of a beowolf...
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:29 am

He is silent as he watches the beast. Instinctively his lip curls to a snarl beneath the crimson face-scarf and there is a flicker of light in the darkness as the ignition for the flame-aspect of the Talons is thumbed, causing fire to dance along the blades.

This is, of course, enough to get its attention. It turns toward him, crimson eyes glowing in the darkness and it snarls. The sound alone is enough to trigger a reaction. Holding out as long as he can for the beast to lunge he kicks himself up and over, twirling about as he does so, bringing the bladed points of the cloak to bear, lashing at its back in a flurry of cuts.

It roars, turning to face him as he lands and with a grin he brings the Talons up. Now came the fun part. The noise would carry into the night as bone claw met steel talon, each slash from either side blocked with armoured forelimbs and met with a counter slash. This was now something akin to a dance...
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:42 am

If Drake wasn't distracted by his fight, he might have caught a a flash of dark red darting between the trees, or heard the sound of an owl the figure was making. A moment later, from the shadows, a flash of silver erupts and a lasso flies toward the beowolf.
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 12:49 am

The most frightening thing of this little...duel of sorts was the speed of both. The wolf's natural speed was matched by Drake's own, each and every swipe met and countered. There were few moments where a swipe failed to connect or be parried, the odd splintering impact of wood heard as claw and talon clipped the odd branch here and there.

But such was this blur of motion and aggression that neither himself nor the beowolf were fully aware of their surroundings. Neither picked up the owl sounds and when the lasso flew forward it got its target...and just brief moments before it was pulled taut it caught a second figure, talons raised mid-parry. When it was pulled taut they were pulled closer together, the wolf's face pressed to the blades, its breath and spittle coming between them...
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:01 am

A moment after the beowolf and Drake are bound, a loud whistle comes from the shadow the rope emerged from. A moment later, a thin woman, dressed almost a mummy, completly covered in dark red leather straps, save for her yellow eyes. She held the rope in both hands eyeing Drake with disappointment. She speaks in a soft, semi-monotonous voice with a hint of a British accent to Drake. "It never goes to plan. Something always has to make things more difficult."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:07 am

Great. This was not what he needed at all. He growls, just a little, thankful the Talons were raised at that moment in time, though clearly not impressed as he's trapped with the very thing he had been coming out to openly kill. Oh hells... Another dire thought. What if she saw him like this?

"I had the situation under control...it was going to be a clean kill...I don't know who you are...but that was mine!" His voice is tinged with irritation and just a hint of anxiety. He could not let her see him like this. He was supposed to be impressing her...getting caught...that was just foolish...
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 am

The red woman disregarded Drake's tone. Instead, she pulls down her mask to reveal the rest of her face. "I can't allow you to kill our catch." She puts her index finger and thumb in her mouth and makes an ear piercing whistle that echoed around the forest. When she is done, she pulls her mask up again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)   Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Knights, Dragons, and Pigs (openish)
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next