RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Drake Ferrox

Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:22 pm

"No reason. Just a comment. I'm the one...who dragged you into that room that day. I also perhaps owe Mao an apology for the damage done to his wall."

There is the slightest hint of guilt there and he coughs, quickly burying it. It was not a memory he wanted to linger on. He'd lashed out in anger and he'd broken so very hard that day. The damage Aoife had caused was nothing to the pain he was already in before then. But that had happened. It could not change.

"I will say...if you need to pop by our dorm for Indigo though...don't feel that I'm against it. I know things have been awkward the past few weeks. But it's just a case of me needing to get my thoughts in order. This has helped in its own way..."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:36 pm

He pauses at that and frowns. He had to trust someone. He knew this. He knew that it was perhaps...better to trust the other one who cared for Indigo, perhaps more than others. He knew that she herself did not let him tell her.

"Tell no one else. Promise me that? On your honour?"

Carefully he removes one of the canisters from his belt and opens it up, taking out a bundle of folded up newspaper clippings. He looks at them for a moment and nods to himself. For a moment there is a flicker. Black hair showing strands of the ash blonde as the brief moment of hesitation pushes towards the Frenzy. No. Control the situation.

"It's...something from a number of years ago. You will probably understand better if you just...read. It's difficult to explain."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:47 pm

"Artemis. I...watched her die."

He looks down at that and subconsciously curls his hands into a similar position they would have been had he been wearing the Talons. He takes a deep breath and tries to calm himself, though he is clearly uncomfortable. "That...memory haunts me still. Sometimes...I relive it. Sometimes I lose myself to it. My team...I do not think they're truly aware of that yet. That there is the chance that I could be lost...a chance that I might snap should something happen to her."

He shakes his head again and takes another deep breath. Calm yourself. Take control. He had to focus. He had to keep calm at this point. "I saw her...and it was like I saw a ghost. It is...awkward. I feel for her. But I know she chose you. So I have to bury that. I have to let the Memory drown once more. But I now realise...I need to make sure you are safe. In a sense. Hence why I said that I would deny you the fate. You will not die for her. You will live for her."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:57 pm

"All things in time. All things in time." Another stick of pocky being nibbled. He was going through this at a rate. Clearly an indicator of how stressed he was. He shakes his head once more, calming himself and frowning at Shem's brief change of demeanor. So he had his own ghosts to face still...

"In time he will be found. When he is found...I will assist. You understand why."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:05 pm

There is an awkward moment of silence and Drake simply uncurls his hands, narrowing his eyes. "Remember my words. If I feel for a moment you plan on dying for her...I will deny you that fate. You are not the Broken One. I do not care who it's between. I have my purpose and my duty. And I will not see her hurt again."

Of course it would be too easy for there to be neutrality or trust between them. But this was different. This was new. This was a threat. His mind immediately started to look over that brief flash and he frowns again. Could this be a problem?
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:15 pm

"Sorry. I can be stubborn about certain things. That and...something was off then."

Something was more than off. This nearly became something more. His nerves were on more than on edge at this present moment in time. Whatever that was he didn't need to see more of it. He sighs and slumps back against the tree.

Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:21 pm

"You were off. I do not know how. Or why. But I do know that it...stirred the Memory. Just a little." Of course, he had not told Shem of the Frenzy. He had not told of what the Memory actually triggered. That could be a problem. He shrugs though, trying to calm himself, trying to calm the situation.

"This will seem...an odd question. Before...Indigo. Did you ever feel you didn't belong? Yet wanted to?"
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:33 pm

Ah. A name. He turns at that and frowns again. Considering this. Considering the meaning of this. It would be rude to pry. It perhaps would not be appropriate. But then, he had actively growled at Shem in the past. So whether it was appropriate or not was a moot point.

"Ragnarok? A...memory of your own?"
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:39 pm

"Ah. Frenzy." At that he goes quiet, shaking his head and looking back to the horizon. A foolish slip. Hopefully Shem would not pry. But it was different...something of a relief to know that others suffered similar problems. Similar instabilities...

Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:44 pm

"A...by product of the Memory. When I am lost. I am not too proud of it. There is no pride in fighting like little more than a beast..." He doesn't mention the fear of dying like a beast. The fear that his last moments in this world could be as nothing more than an animal, reliant on instinct alone.

Yet it had been triggered. One very significant episode, brought about by Shem...Indigo and Aoife. One episode that had shaken him, just a bit. He avoided his team afterwards. He avoided Indigo. He hurt and like a beast he fled from the pain. He was not proud of this at all.

He tilts his head and then starts to push his way to his feet, the metal leg brace clinking slightly. He was mostly recovered...thanks to the infirmary staff...but he wore the brace as a memory. As something to perhaps visually pull him back if lost...
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:57 pm

"Not so much...black out. More lose touch with...what...I am. It is not something I enjoy. It is not something that I am proud of. Knowing that I could...be lost. Lost as little more than an animal." He shakes his head, leaning on the tree as he gets his leg sorted. Mostly healed...but still a bit sore. But at least his heart and soul were in better condition now than before.

"I could almost envy your situation. But from the way you describe it...that is possibly worse." He smiles just a little and laughs. A short, sharp sound. "What coincidence that she should have two loyal to her...that both lose who they are in dire circumstances...."
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:57 am

He nods at that and glances to Shem, then frowns a moment. This was normally a point where hands were shook or blood spilled or something. He really had very little knowledge of properly interacting with people outside of violence.

"Around her I am...mostly in control. Of course around her the risk of losing myself is higher as well. But...I can pull myself back from the Memory if I need to. Not like Aoife...I nearly lost myself during that...incident."

He shakes his head at that and frowns. That incident was something born of stress and frustration. Something he bottled up and her actions and demeanour had caused to trigger. Cleaning up after it was annoying enough, especially with how his leg had been...
Back to top Go down
Drake Ferrox
Drake Ferrox

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 25, 2013 5:34 pm

He nods at that and takes Shem's hand, giving a firm shake before taking a deep breath.

"Yes. We're...cool. We both have someone in common. So I suppose it only makes sense." It only made sense. Become a friend to this one. An ally. They both had Indigo in common and they'd both doubtless protect her.

"It'd only be foolish to hold any sort of grudge against eachother..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)   Between the Demons and  Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Between the Demons and Worms. Zen Meditations II (Closed)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2