RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Surprise Inspection!

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Surprise Inspection! Empty
PostSubject: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:56 pm

Meanwhile, outside the Team SNTS dorm room... These events take place during the Second Initiation Ball, minutes after the Room Raid! thread.

Kirkka's voice is heard throughout the hallway as she tries to stop Nathan."Wait Nathan! You can't just bur-"

Nathan interrupts Kirkka with a swift kick to the door, smashing it open. "SURPRISE INSPECTION!" Nathan shouts as he steps inside the room with a huge grin on his face. He is greatly enjoying his job.

"-...st... through... the door." Kirkka shakes her head slowly, sighing, before slowly walking through the door behind him. "Stop breaking stuff, Nate. You're going to be fired."

"But if we warned them, they'd have time to be sneaky about things! This is better!" Nathan glances around the room, ready to begin a search as the accompanying Beacon Guard stands at the door just in the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:53 am

"Woah! What's going on?" Hunter asked. He was laying on his bed, watching a movie on his Infinity Lens, his AR glasses, when school faculty busted the door down. They walked over the door.

"Miss Scarlet. Mister Khrysos. Can someone explain what's going on? Are you looking for Shem again?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:06 am

Nathan turns toward Hunter. "Not quite. We're looking for a wireless transmitter. Do you happen to own one? You'll save us a lot of time tearing your room to shreds if you show it to us right now." As he is speaking, he's taking in what he can about the room. Where things could be hidden, how large the hiding places could be... and so on. After his quick survey he waits for Hunter's reply. His stance is pretty relaxed, despite only a moment ago seeming like he was raiding a building.

Kirkka is behind Nathan, looking around the room more carefully while Nathan conducts his business. Her staff is stashed in its holster on her back, but she seems much more serious and focused than Nathan does. This place is a lot cleaner than our room used to be. After all, Nathan doesn't live here. Such a slob he was... Trying to flee or escape would likely not go well, considering there is a third man outside the door.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:20 am

Nigrum stepped out of the bathroom drying his hair off with a towel while he hung free. "Hunter, what's with all the rac-" Nigrum said turning towards the his bed and noticing Nathan and Kirkka standing in the doorway. He quickly glanced down and then back up. His arms shot down carrying the towel and covering himself up. "What are you doing here?" He asked thrown off by the people whom were standing in the dorm. "There had better be a good reason your here."
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:24 am

"Wireless transmitter?" Hunter feigned surprise. "The only wireless things I got are my aTab-" He motioned to the tablet on his forearm. "-And my Infinity Lens." He pointed to his AR glasses. "They're synced to each other by bluetooth, nothing else except my sword, which also uses the same signal." He made sure that the transmitter that was messing up the dance music was a different signal compared to what he always uses.

Nigrum suddenly exited the restroom. "Hunter, what's with all the rac-"

"NIGRUM! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING? PUT SOME PANTS ON! THE STAFF IS HERE!"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:36 am

Nathan looked at Nigrum coming out of the bathroom before turning to Kirkka. "That reminds me. Remember that time you were really hung over, and came out of the bathroom after a shower and you didn't change in there so you came out naked? Those were good tim-"

Kirkka stares at Nathan, her hand in a position to quickly retrieve her weapon and inflict permanent damage to anyone who treads on the wrong path.

"..."Nathan, seeing Kirkka's expression, has decided that his life must go on for the good of the world, so he refrains from finishing his statement and turns back to Nigrum. "Didn't you hear!? Its a surprise inspection! Hand over any devices you have capable of transmitting wireless signals so we can get this matter resolved and be on our way. Also, you should put some pants on. Don't want to catch a cold now! Hahaha!" He cuts his laughter short and turns back to Hunter. "While your teammate solves his pants issue and collects his tech, I'll take a look at your stuff." He extends his hand, waiting for his scroll, and glasses to be handed over. It's rude to rip something off someone face! Especially when they have bad eyes.
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:52 am

"Nope didn't catch the part about a surprise inspection." Nigrum said walking towards his dresser making sure he was facing towards Nathan and Kirkka the whole time not wanting to embarrasse himself more in front of the staff. "I think you're making a mistake though" Nigrum said crouching down and opening his drawer to pull out some pajama bottoms. "Though, the question remains. Why are you inspecting our room?" he asked "You seem so sure of yourself it comes off very odd. It seems almost as if you're accusing us of something without proper evidence." He stepped into his pants and pulled them up.

He leaped and landed on his bed his back butt hitting just below the pillow and his body laying against the wall. His head struck the wall though with a dull thud. "ouch" he muttered rubbing the back of his head. "Now I think you owe us a proper explanation of the charges before I hand over anything."
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:10 am

Hunter handed over the aTab™ and the Infinity Lens™, saying "Don't break these. The aTab™ is worth 700 lien, while the Infinity Lens™ are worth 1700 lien. The aTab™ is the Active model, so it's 100% waterproof, while the Lens™ are the Explorer Edition."
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 2:28 am

Nathan accepts the devices from Hunter. "Yeah yeah, I'll be careful with 'em." He places the lens over his eyes, but focuses on the tablet device first. He manipulates it quickly and expertly, going through various screens. After a moment, he stops, and pulls out his own scroll, opening it, then comparing something on both screens. After a moment, he hands Hunter's tablet back, and begins the same thing with the Lens device. Looking for something, then comparing, then eventually returning it, closing his scroll at the same time. He turns to Nigrum and Kirkka as she is speaking.

Kirkka keeps her attention directed elsewhere, but her body is generally facing toward Nigrum's position. Avoiding direct eye contact while he dresses seems to be out of respect rather than embarrassment. Her tone is calm, collected, and apologetic. "Our apologies, Nigrum, but someone has sabotaged the Initiation Ball taking place right now using a wireless device, and the signal was triangulated to here. We are searching for the device so we can learn who caused this so they can be reprimanded. Nathan here... was anxious to get here and may have damaged your door. Of course we'll have it repaired as quickly as possible." Once Nigrum was clothed and sitting, she directed her attention toward him, smiling and maintaining a polite demeanor as much as she could, despite the badly damaged door frame behind her.

"That's right! And if it wasn't him, then it was probably you!" Nathan motions over his shoulder toward Hunter as he speaks.

"Be nice, Nathan. Calm down. He isn't going anywhere." She speaks to him briefly, before turning back to Nigrum. "If you'll allow us..."
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 3:38 am

"Woah, wait, the dance? That's today? Aw, crap!" Hunter shot straight up. "I thought it was tomorrow! Frag!" He began storming around the room. "I'm in the clear already, right? Can I go to it? I missed out on the last one because somehow I got left out of the launch roster somehow and arrived back here too late. Please, can I go?"
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:48 pm

Nigrum sat up as Nathan accused him of sabotaging the ball. "Whoa wait a minute" Nigrum said, "I only found out about this ball yesterday, after getting back from the Autunno Expedition. Ask Kirkka, I was there" Nigrum pointed to Kirkka.

"Plus, what would I have to gain from sabotaging the ball in the first place?" He asked. He paused, "but I can prove it wasn't me" Nigrum said sliding off the bed and grabbing his stuff rummaging through his drawer "Besides, I got into the shower shortly after-" Nigrum had a brief pause as it all clicked "Shem and Kaitlin left on their respective dates" he finished the sentence lieing about where they had gone only knowing they were gone. "And Hunter has been watching movies on his bed the whole time" he added grabbing his scroll from the drawer and bring it over to Nathan handing it to him.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:18 pm

Nathan raises his arm in front of Hunter to block his path, as the Beacon Guard stands in the doorway, further blocking it. "NOPE! You can leave when we're done here. You aren't off the hook yet!" Nathan turns toward Nigrum, taking the offered device. For a third time, he moves around the device, collecting the data he wants and then returning it, dissatisfied. "None of those are the right device. Neither of you have any more? I hope you aren't lying..." As he says this, he pulls out his scroll again, and goes through a few screens, reading the data. "So, I'm picking up a signal in the redtooth frequency that isn't from any of the devices you handed me, and its coming from this room. I'm tearing the room apart in 10 seconds unless it magically appears in my hand."

Kirkka is looking over Nathan's shoulder at the scroll, reading the same data. She looks between the both of them as she speaks. "It'll be easier for everyone if you hand over the device. The signal is within five meters, and that's this room. If you resist, the punishment will likely be worse, you know." She smiles, but is showing a bit of frustration. I should've just stayed in the garden and worked there. This is getting frustrating... at least I can be here to make sure Nathan doesn't break anything. Not that I could stop him before... She glances toward the damaged door and frame, then sighs lightly.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:54 pm

"If you're looking for something using redtooth, why don't you use heat scanners to look for them?" Hunter asked. The staff seemed puzzled. "You guys know that redtooth creates a lot of heat, right? That's why people use bluetooth more often. Just use a heat scanner to find it. My Infinity Lens have built in Night Vision and Thermals. That's why they cost 1700. If you want, can I show you how it works so you can scan the room without breaking something, Mister Khrysos?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 10:14 pm

Nathan still holds his hand out, waiting for the device to appear. He doesn't respond to Hunter's comments, knowing that he has thermal imaging capabilities on his person. After the 10 seconds pass, he closes his hand, but doesn't feel anything. "Well, that didn't work! Kirkka, please take these fine gentlemen into the hallway. I don't want them to get hurt during the search!" Nathan brings his rifle around to his front after stashing his scroll somewhere safe. He's fiddling with the scope and magazine as Kirkka begins speaking.

Kirkka sighs, raising one hand toward the door, motioning to it. "This'll be quick, no doubt. Remember that Beacon Academy is not responsible for lost or damaged items during your stay here. Nathan is no fool, he wouldn't waste time if he wasn't certain about this. Don't give up your last chance..." She waits for the two students to exit, so she can follow them out into the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:00 pm

"Not responsible? Makes me glad I only brought my essentials here. Let me get Metaruhōku before I leave." Hunter got up and grabbed his sword off the wall. As he walked out the door, he paused and turned to the groundskeeper. "By the way, do you know how to put in a work order for our room? Something's up with the air vent; air's not going in normally."
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 11:53 pm

Nigrum sighed as he and Hunter were ordered to leave the room. "Have fun searching." He grabbed The Panther from it's spot near the head of his bed and walked out the door behind hunter.

"By the way, do you know how to put in a work order for our room? Something's up with the air vent; air's not going in normally." Hunter said to Kirkka.

You didn't Nigrum thought. He resisted to urge to turn again and look up at the air vent. He leaned against the wall near the door. "So how were those movies?" Nigrum asked Hunter.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 2:49 am

"My movie? Oh, amazing." Hunter said over the loud trashing noises. He was glad all he brought was a duffel bag and other essentials for studying. The only electrionics he had were his Lens and his aTab, which were on his body. He could easily replace paper and pencils.

"You see, in the movie, the bad guys engineered a giant flying Grimm the size of a sixty story building, and it broke out of the lab. Since conventional weaponry and Dust wouldn't work, the government came up with the idea of making a giant robot to fight it. This robot could turn into a airjet so it can chase the Grimm and fight it in the air, too!"
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 5:55 pm

"Interesting" Nigrum said listening to the sounds coming from inside the room. "If we had something like that in reality life would be quite fun. Though I reckon every city would be destroyed as a result." He pressed his ear against the wall trying to figure out what was going on inside. Nothing irreplaceable in there thankfullyhe though. "So was it worth it" he said pausing for a second, "the price you paid for that movie?"
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 7:48 pm

As Kirkka steps through the door and outside, she looks back to Nathan for a moment, giving him a non-verbal warning that he better not destroy everything...

She closes the door behind her. Surprisingly, it still closes, but it doesn't sit well in the door frame. It shifts back and forth loosely, making a lot of noise. Way to go, idiot. He thinks to herself as Hunter poses his question.
"A work order? You can do it from your scroll, just like everything else." A moment later, some... interesting sounds are heard. The sounds of walking around, drawers opening and closing, things being thrown about. Then the vague voice of a disgruntled man. Kirkka sighs.

Nathan waits for the trio to leave, closing the door behind him. He cracks his fingers, surveying the room once more. The first place he checks is under the bed Hunter was laying on. Finding nothing, he opens the dresser and takes out everything from each drawer, throwing it onto the floor. "Nope. Might have to cut the mattress open..." He brings his rifle around again, opening the caps on the scope, and looks through it, activating the thermal imaging. He surveys the room with it, looking for any heat source. Any he finds causes a light amount of destruction to happen until he locates the source of the heat. As he switches to check another bed, however, he spots the air vent. Its very easy to see with the thermal that a electronic device is just inside.

Nathan looks around as he lowers his rifle, disabling the scope. He reaches up to the vent, but it is securely attached to the wall. It wasn't opened? Huh. Maybe... Nathan finds something to unlatch the vent, opening it and removing the device. He confirms the transmitter is the one he's looking for, and disables it as he removes his scroll from its hiding place, typing some things into it briefly. Finishing, he pockets it once more, carries the transmitter with him, opening the door and looking at the others. Behind him is the remains of Team Saints' dorm room. Nearly everything that was in a draw is now on the floor in an unorganized heap. The beds are stripped of coverings, tables cleared of any thing that could be hiding something. Its hard to say if anything is broken or damaged with only a glance from the hallway.

"Who owns this?" Nathan says as he holds the aPod up.
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 11:02 pm

"Hey, Shem! You're back!" Hunter said, spotting his teammate. He began to explain, trying not to let loose any information the staff didn't say, using his acting skills to mask his deceit. "We're in kind of a smidgen here. See, from what Miss Scarlet said, someone messed with tonight's dance using a redtooth signal. Now Nathan the guard is smashing stuff inside." Hunter paused, then, "You don't happen to have anything valuable inside, do you?"

The guard exited the room, a dusty aPod in one hand, an equally dusty redtooth transmitter in the other, saying, "Who owns this?"

Hunter shook his head. "Not mine. I got my aTab and my Lens; they can already play music. Where did you find that, anyway?"
Back to top Go down
Navolas2
Site Owner
Navolas2

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 12:22 am

Nigrum chuckled at Shem's reaction to the room as Nathan came out.

"Not mine. I got my aTab and my Lens; they can already play music. Where did you find that, anyway?"

"It's not mine" Nigrum replied, "not worth the money to invest in buying one. Did it ever occur to you that we were framed?" Nigrum asked Nathan.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 3:23 am

Listening to their responses, Nathan glances at the newcomer, looking him over briefly before returning to Nigrum. "Of course that's an option, which is why I haven't thrown you off a cliff or anything! But I'll still be confiscating all your devices except the scrolls. They'll be returned to you eventually. Just part of the investigation." Nathan turns toward Hunter again, with his hand out waiting for his tablet(assuming that's not just a fancy named scroll) and glasses.

"You probably shouldn't even have those glasses, you know. Its kind of suspicious and easy to subtly break the rules using them..." Kirkka speaks calmly, listening closely to Hunter's response. Suspicion. He's pretty good at this. If only Nate could control himself even half as well... She smirks slightly, but removes it quickly, returning to a fairly expressionless face while she waits.
Back to top Go down
Wrecker
Voice Claim Minion
Wrecker

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 4:45 am

"Of course that's an option, which is why I haven't thrown you off a cliff or anything!" Nathan said. That's not very comforting, Hunter thought to himself as Nathan droned on. "But I'll still be confiscating all your devices except the scrolls. They'll be returned to you eventually. Just part of the investigation."

Hunter called upon the three years of theatre classes he took to fulfill the Art & Performance requirements to graduate from Flare Hall along with being a lead role in the school plays of "Ninjas of Love" (a very fun show) and "Skipper the Shipper" (also ridiculously hilarious). "Aw, really? These are what I type my essays on. aTab as a mouse and keyboard, Lens as the screen. I need them to do work; I have a powerpoint on Major Ursas that's due tomorrow night."

"You probably shouldn't even have those glasses, you know. Its kind of suspicious and easy to subtly break the rules using them." Ms. Scarlet said.

"I only wear them when not doing classwork since not only are they the prescription model, it's my Heads Up Display. I can check on my own Aura while keeping up with my own team's aura levels. It's helpful to know if Shem is going berserkus smashimus or not." He said to her. "I'm not one of those paranoid people who need to see if someone's hiding behind the wall listening in on them. Besides, I'm not very comfortable about handing something I bought for 1700 to a man who just trashed my entire room just to find a dusty little aPod. Speaking of which..." Hunter turned towards Nathan again. "You didn't reply to me. Where did you find that dusty little thing? Our entire room was dust-clean this morning."

OOC: The aTab is a Scroll that has a curved screen so it can wrap around Hunter's left forearm, plus when he's typing with two hands, the keyboard has a ergonomic curve, so it's easier to type.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 11:36 pm

Nathan raises an eyebrow in curiosity."Homework? Looks like you'll have to use the ancient technology of a pen! You've heard of those right? Hahahaha... they're writing devices."

"Regardless... its suspicious. Your scroll can also keep track of things like your teams Aura, and there's hardly a reason to monitor them all the time." Kirkka folds her arms in front of her as she speaks. "Well you can hand them to this guy..." She places her hand on the shoulder of the other Beacon Guard member that's present. "... and he'll take care of it for you. You're right though. I wouldn't trust Nathan with anything that has value."

"I resent that!"

"Of course you do, Nate. Now answer the question directed to you then be quiet and don't break anything else!" Kirkka's tone was much more commanding that usual.

Nathan lowers his shoulders slightly as Kirkka gives him an order, and quietly says, "Fine... I found it in the air vent." He turns back toward Kirkka. "Which means I need to check the next room, so I'm going to do that." As he approached the door, Kirkka runs after him, grabbing his arm and pulling him away.

"Wait! I'll handle the door for you..." She says to him as she pulls out a keycard, unlocking the door with a swipe, and opening it. "There you go."  How frustrating to see this destruction. Nathan's going to get fired already. Which will be a minor inconvenience... but I guess we'll have to deal with it. As she returns to Hunter and the group, she smiles politely toward him. "I'll make sure your stuff is returned as soon as possible, and in working order. But you still have to give it up until the Guard finds out who owns the device. Which will likely happen once we question the DJ that went missing."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Surprise Inspection!   Surprise Inspection! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Surprise Inspection!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Basket :: Basket-
Jump to: