RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alex Broles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Prinny

Prinny

Alex Broles Empty
PostSubject: Alex Broles   Alex Broles Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:05 am

CHARACTER

Name: Alex Broles

Symbol: Alex Broles D5vgFsr

Appearance: 5'9"; 120 lb; short, black hair; dark eyes; average build. Wears a light cuirass made of a mix of hard leather and metal with a long-sleeved, black undershirt; loose-fitting, black cloth pants that are tucked into knee-high adventuring boots (think Link's from Legend of Zelda); and a black, hooded, waist-high cloak with coattails that extend to just past his knees. He also wears two black gauntlets that fit up to his elbow.

Alex Broles Actor311

Personality: Alex is usually silent and can be easily lost in a crowd. In groups, he speaks very rarely, but is not afraid to be blunt, if needed. He's a very tactical person, preferring stealth and subterfuge to head-to-head combat; though, he can hold his own in CQC.

History: As a child, Alex was always secretive. Because he didn't speak much, no one would know what was going on in his head. He'd always attempt to hide and think for himself rather than spend time with any group of people. However, he realized that he was very good at blending in with large groups. It would seem as if he had faded away in any crowd you put him in. He was also very good at hiding, which came in handy once he mastered slipping away from crowds. Alex realized that his talents gave him potential, and started training and practicing the art of assassinations. He wasn't at all fit, nor was he motivated, to build large muscles and decided that this would be perfect for him. Training himself in archery, marksmanship, CQC, and swordplay, he quickly became a proficient killer. And yet, he still felt that he wasn't being challenged enough. So he enrolled in Beacon Academy to see what kind of challenge awaits him.

Strength: Alex is very cunning and dexterous. Due to his rigorous self-training, he has become an expert marksman with guns, bows, and crossbows; as well as being a very agile melee fighter. His above average speed and reflexes make him a very high threat when one loses track of him. Since his enrollment at Beacon, he has also trained himself to use Dust effectively, but does not use it too often.

Weakness: Due to the extensive training that Alex has gone through, his aura seems to be more durable than average. However, Alex never taught himself to use his aura, so he has little to no control over it yet. Because of his lack of building muscles, he has very average strength, though in compensation, he aims for vital spots. He also has a strong preference for being alone, and will not work in a team unless he is forced; though he will cooperate.

Side note: When Alex is running, he only swings his left arm, keeping his right arm straight, low, and off to his side. He does this to prepare himself against a surprise attack, or allow himself to gain extra force while he is charging at an opponent. He can also potentially conceal his weapons in this position when he is holding them in a reverse grip.

WEAPONS

WEAPON 1

Name: Disease & Famine

Primary Form: A pair of black, metal gauntlets. The fingertips are made to be sharp and the armguards are more cylindrical than formed (think Demon Brothers' gauntlets). Both have a retractable, gauntlet-width blade that comes out of the top of the gauntlets. Disease, the right-handed gauntlet, has a refillable compartment for various types of throwing knives. There is an opening near the wrist that dispenses one to three of them (Alex can control this) at a time. Famine, the left-handed gauntlet, has mechanical openings on the underarm portion of the armguard that can hold Dust crystals and vials.

Secondary Form/Function: No secondary forms, unless you count the arm-blade mentioned in the first form.

History: Alex created all of his weapons from scratch, improving the designs as he used them. Disease and Famine took the largest beating out of every weapon in his arsenal. Because he uses them for attack and defense, he is forced to keep the design simple and effective. By simplifying the look of the armguard, he can layer it with protection, allowing for a very solid defense, as well as an augmented attack.

WEAPON 2

Name: War

Primary Form: A single, black, semi-automatic pistol. It's general look is of a standard, 9mm ammo pistol with an extra bulge near the front of the barrel for a laser sight. Upon closer inspection, the bulge does not contain a laser, but rather, a weight that helps keep the barrel down when firing; making this a very accurate handgun. It's holster is located on a leg-mounted strap on Alex's right side.

Secondary Form/Function: Its secondary forms are of a compound bow and a compound crossbow. The bows do not have anything special about the way they look, they're just what they are. They are, however, lighter and each arm is thinner than an average bow or crossbow because they are transformations of a handgun; while still keeping the full durability. A quiver of various types arrows and a pouch of various types bolts is attached to Alex's belt on the outside of his cloak. The open side of the quiver is on Alex's right side and the pouch is on the left side.

History: War was the hardest to improve because Alex had to get a bow and a crossbow out of a simple pistol. All of his early designs involved increasing the material on the slide, which made it almost impossible to fire. He eventually found that adding a weight to the front bottom of the barrel significantly reduced the recoil of the gun and was able to transform the weight into the correct shapes for the other two forms.

WEAPON 3

Name: Death

Primary Form: A single-bladed straight sword, similar to a ninajto, with a small section of serrated teeth near the hilt on the bladed side. It has no cross guard, which allows for easier transport. The blade is retractable and can be concealed fully in the hilt. The hilt itself is black and is made to look very plain and inconspicuous; if you were to see it for the first time, it would look sort of like an elongated case for reading glasses, without the clip.

Secondary Form/Function: No secondary form, unless you count it's retracted form as the primary form, in which case, the extended sword is the second form.

History: Arguably the deadliest weapon in Alex's arsenal, Death was his finest masterpiece. The amount of time he put into constructing and perfecting this deadly blade is more than all his other weapons combined. Countless hours of sharpening, tempering, and refining has led to the birth of Death. He used Death for his very first mission and managed to fend off multiple Grimm. Since then, Death has met and slain many more. The sword is attached to a slot on the small of his back, on the outside of the cloak.

Last edited by Kooplah on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Editted to add additional information!)
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Alex Broles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex Broles   Alex Broles Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:57 am

Alright. I spent a while thinking about what I wanted to say about your weapons. Your character sounds great. Good details all around.

You have a lot of weapons. We discussed this briefly, and my stance is that we limit a weapon to 3 forms. A weapon with 3 forms is a lot like 3 weapons with 1 form each. I won't restrict you to a maximum of 3 weapons, because having multiple weapons should be fine since you can't really use a lot at once. However, I don't like your second weapon, War. It is a semi-automatic pistol but it is able to unfold into both a crossbow and a bow? Those are both reasonably large weapons. Perhaps I am misreading the ability to transform into both though. Some rewording should possibly be done there, or just post and explain it to me. Perhaps the pistol size could also be larger, like a sub-machine gun or something handheld but larger. Let me know your thoughts, or edit your post with them!

If you don't want to change anything and want to keep your weapons, I will approve your character as is. I am leaving it unapproved so you can comment and/or edit as you see fit.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

Alex Broles Empty
PostSubject: Edits and Explanation   Alex Broles Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 10:43 am

My edits are in bold and are italicized in this post (they don't have that formatting in the actual description).

Its secondary forms are of a compound bow and a compound crossbow. The bows do not have anything special about the way they look, they're just what they are. They are, however, lighter and each arm is thinner than an average bow or crossbow because they are transformations of a handgun; while still keeping the full durability. A quiver of various types arrows and a pouch of various types bolts is attached to Alex's belt on the outside of his cloak. The open side of the quiver is on Alex's right side and the pouch is on the left side.

The gun I was using as a visual reference is CoD Black Ops 2's KAP-40 handgun. As you can see, the gun itself is pretty big (taking into account that this is a full-grown adult male's hand in the game). I felt that the size itself was enough to justify it being able to transform into a full-size bow and crossbow. If that still doesn't convince you, I wouldn't mind changing the pistol to a sniper rifle of some sort. That would certainly justify the transformations then, correct?

Also, on the topic of his weapons: I had the idea for a sort of "battle gauntlet" well before the introduction of RWBY. I actually modified it so that it would have some sort of mechanical function to it, as it would fit better in the RWBY universe. The gauntlets function not only as armor for Alex, but also as a source of damage; in certain short-distant fights, Alex may be seen attacking with Death and "augmented" strikes. I decided to list the gauntlets as a weapon on their own because I felt that the way Alex uses them would actually count more as a weapon rather than a piece of armor.

If you need any further explanation, feel free to respond.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Alex Broles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex Broles   Alex Broles Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:58 pm

Thank you for the reply! your edits and comments are well detialed. Approved!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alex Broles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alex Broles   Alex Broles Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alex Broles
Page 1 of 1