RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kaliot
Timeline Minion

An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:11 am

The Nevermore shot its feathers in the direction the pair previously were before an ice wall was put up. The feathers lodged themselves quite deep into the ice, some even being able to poke through to the other side. As more feathers hit the wall, a cracking sound could be heard, and soon the wall crumbled as a few more feathers flew throw the spot where the wall had previously been. The Nevermore cawed, seemingly in annoyance, before taking to the air and hovering about 60 meters off the ground, eyeing the two, trying to figure out which to attack.

-----

As she took a couple of shots at the Nevermore who was now hovering above the ground, she swore as she realized they seemed to be having no effect on the creature. I should've known that wouldn't have works, and now I also realize that I don't have any extra bullets. 7 lefts. Will that be enough? It better be enough. She withdrew her shotgun and went back to the double-bladed glaive form. She still stood somewhat out in the opening as an act of defiance towards the bird.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:16 am

Striding now without his Chains for help, he scowls as his Drill emits more dust though this time it would be purple in colour. Connla then turns to look at the Nevermore, making a slashing manoeuvre as he sends the emitted dust as a volley at the bird, Holy already getting ready to pump out more for a second strike, "Let's see if he wants to get up close. Would be better for you, right?"
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 4:30 am

The Nevermore looked at Aurelia, then Connla, then back at Aurelia before finally swooping down at her with its talons leading the charge.

-----

She muttered under her breath "In truth, I was hoping you wouldn't pick me" She 'tactically retreated' a little bit into the forest in order to avoid the attack and turned around when she believed that she was far enough away.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 5:42 am

Irritated at it completely disregarding him, he would release the pent up second volley before twisting the handle again, this time it revving loudly as red circles of dust are emitted, shouting to her as he charges, "Keep it in place for a few seconds! We can get this over with quickly if we do."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:35 pm

The Nevermore cawed at Aurelia as it hopped closer to the tree line, trying to get as close as it could without having itself unable to be able to to fly due to the trees getting in the way. At this point, it felt something was punching its back and the bird turned around to only discover Connla. It cawed at him and raised a wing to prepare to swipe at him.

-----

"No, turn back to me you stupid bird!" Her anger was burning through her eyes as she felt around the handle and clicked something. One. She hesitated for a moment. Six left. She started running towards Nevermore and as she neared, she swung, her blade aiming for the rump of the Nevermore.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 pm

Ability not being able to be prepared in time, he would twist the handle to its last position, the red dust vanishing as he charges despite the attack, aiming the drill at the body of the Nevermore, "Think they like ice? Because if this goes right, then it shall be having a cold night."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:02 pm

The Nevermore's attack was already in motion when Aurelia had hit it from behind, a small explosion knocking the bird forward just a bit. This causes its attack to be somewhat awkward as it had to regain itself.

Connla's drill met the Nevermore's body as its wing connected with Connla, though only enough to just send him a few meters off, not enough to do any damage.
((Insert effect of Connla's attack here))

-----

Her body now glowing, she jumped back away from the Nevermore. As she did, she saw Connla get sent a few meters off to the side. Completely ignored the Nevermore, she rushed over to him to see if he was alright.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:09 pm

Not activating the secondary part of his attack in time, all it would do is cause a small mark in the body before he is sent flying. Getting up with the still active drill in his hands, he shakes his head in an effort to get rid of the disorientation before looking at Aurelia somewhat, rubbing his head, "Apparently it can play baseball. If I can get a good enough attack in, I will give it a good dose of an ice blast from the inside. I am pretty sure it can't survive that. Though never know."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:28 pm

As she reached him, she noticed that Connla, despite being dazed, was otherwise fine. She let out a sigh of relief. She turned towards the bird and gripped her weapon even tighter to the point where she could feel her hands start to sting. "Well if it does survive having its insides frozen, then I will gladly finish it off." At the risk of harming myself, but that's fine. The longer this fight goes on, the harder it will get. "I'll try to distract it while you get into a position where you can surprise it." She ran off towards the center of the clearing and began curving slightly towards the Nevermore.

-----

The Nevermore rubbed the mark on its body before turning back to the duo. It turned its head once to the left, and then to the right, and it finished it off with a caw. As Aurelia moved towards the center of the clearing, the Nevermore's head followed her and, once again, it went airborne, opened up its wings, and began firing another barrage of feathers at her.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:38 pm

Nodding, he runs towards the nearest entry into the forest, allowing the drill to gather more strength to charge up the would-be finishing move. Seeing it fly up into the air, he would subtly scowl before saying a mental prayer to the Space Butterfly, requesting its aid in this affair.
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 18, 2013 7:54 pm

Aurelia swore as the feathers rained down on her despite having expected it. Most of the feathers were slightly off except for two. The first one she was able to knock away with ease, but the second caught her off guard and despite her best efforts, she was only able to awkwardly parry it. This caused her to lose her balance and fall to the ground.

-----

Seeing the perfect opportunity to strike, the Nevermore dove down head-first at Aurelia.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:14 am

Watching from afar, Connla would also see his opening. Running straight for Aurelia, he would finish the powering up of the drill by the time he stands over her, raising the drill to between the Nevermore and him, saying to her as if to calm her, "Don't worry, I got you covered."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:52 am

The Nevermore, upon seeing Connla, was not sure what to think about it. Why would a human step in between it and its target when it was charging? Nonetheless, it continued on a path that assumed that Aurelia would actually attempt to get out of the way. Because of this, Connla only has a real shot at the belly of the beast. ((Autohit gogo))

-----

"Thanks..." Aurelia remained on the ground. She would have tried to run, but she didn't expect Connla to do what he did. Why? Why? Please don't. She flashbacked for just a moment before shaking herself loose of the trance. Snapping back to reality, she could see that Connla should be able to get a hit on the bird. She clicked her weapon. One... She hesitated. ...Two. Four left. She began to move away from Connla but remaining on the Nevermore's original attack path and posed to strike when she got far enough.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 2:59 am

Targeting the belly with extreme prejudice. Connla would thrust the drill deep inside it before activating the ultimate attack. Ice being sent out by all the pieces of the drill inside the Nevermore, a Sphere of ice would form inside it, building up as the dust is released more and more, freezing the bird from the inside out before he lets it fly towards Aurelia, shouting loudly, "Your time to hit it. Have fun!"
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:43 am

Despite being prepared for the Nevermore come towards her, she still panicked and added another click before taking a swing at the bird's visor. As the hit connected, a small-sized explosion erupted from Argenteous Venti. Roughly a fifth of the Nevermore's body shattered into a fine red dust that glistened as it floated down back to Vytal. The rest of the body just stopped where it was and dropped to the ground as well. Aurelia, on the other hand, was knocked back a few meters and tumbled a few more. Her body was glowing as her aura was attempting to heal any wounds sustained from the blast. She stood up, using her weapon as a support, its blade now retracted. She gave a salute to Connla.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 3:52 am

Placing away the decelerating drill, he he walks over to her and offers a hand. Despite this, he himself would look somewhat drained, saying to her in a weary tone, "Well then. That didn't go as well as we could of hoped. Oh well. You are not hurt, right? The guy with the stuff we need should be here any minute."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:02 am

She again graciously accepted his offer, but she continued to utilize her now-staff. Adrenaline was still pulsating through her vein. "It sure didn't." She let out a soft laugh and looked around. "I hope so. By the way, where'd your pet Ursa go?"
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:37 am

"Huh?" With that he would think for a few seconds, "Oh! I tied him up to the trees, he will still be there until I get back." With that, he would start walking back towards the trees, "Maybe it would be wise to not move for the cubs. At this rate we will have the whole forest on us."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 4:50 am

"It's not like that has already happened!" She shouted out for the rest of the forest to hear. "And if you're not getting the cubs, don't forest your box of delicious red sap!" She pointed in the direction that she thought it was in.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:03 am

Walking back to the Ursa and the crate, he removes the majority of the chains from the trees before getting on its back once more, undoing the last part before forcing the Ursa to pick up the crate, yelling back as the sound of the truck approaches, "Who said I would? Anyway, we can see what we are doing once this problem is resolved."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:37 am

Standing in the clearing, she said nothing back. The adrenaline was starting to wear off, and she was starting to space out. The sound of a truck broke her free of her thoughts and she looked around in surprise. "Truck, truck, truck, truck, truck." Her usual, playful self seemed to be returning.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 5:43 am

As it drove up, a man would sigh heavily and facepalm, Connla just taking off the cage and managing to get the Ursa into it through the cunning use of Red Sap. Closing the cage up and taking his chains off Macha, he would comment to the driver, "Can you get it one of those control chips or whatever? The ones what let you control their spine or whatever. Nerve staples or some crap." With that, he would turn to Aurelia, "Want to do anything else? Or do you want to go home?"
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:00 am

Aurelia watched as the driver facepalmed. I guess that means he has had to do this before...? Connla, you are quite an intriguing fellow. She examined her physical state closely. "I think..." She tilted her head. "...I am ready to go home." She let of a faint smile at the prospect.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:14 am

Nodding, he would wave as the Driver drives off without a word, the crate of Red Sap going with the Ursa, "Right then. Well we should be nearby to my car if you want a lift."  With that he would walk up to the destroyed Nevermore, finding what he views as the best of the feathers, he starts creating a plummage to take with him, aiming to make yet more money off them, "Though that would mean we would have to get to it."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:28 am

"You speak as if we might have some difficulty getting to it even after having cleared out the forest." She looked around kind of anxiously as she was hoping that that wouldn't actually be the case. She wasn't exactly prepared for another tough fight.
Back to top Go down
Frankenstein Joe

Frankenstein Joe

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:35 am

Shrugging, he places Unholy around his wrist with the spearhead above his fist in his usual way, starting to walk to where he thinks his car is parked, the feathers tucked into a joint in his armour, "Well if we do fight. I am better prepared as I have both my weapons now. Though I admit I do not want to have to do much more fighting, as my aura is rather low from that attack."
Back to top Go down
Kaliot
Timeline Minion
Kaliot

PostSubject: [color=#417DC1][/color][color=#DCF0FF][/color]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 6:51 am

She eyed the feathers tucked away on Connla's person. Is he actually some sort of entrepreneur? He seems to have quite the obsession with finding things to sell. "So how much do Nevermore feathers actually go for?"

-----

Before the duo reached Connla's car, a Beopup would poke its head out of a nearby bush and stare at them intently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]   An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Early-Afternoon Stroll [Closed?]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next