RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]

Go down 
+3
Yuki-Chan
zhleader
DrGustave
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DrGustave
DrGustave

Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 4:19 am

TIMELINE: The day before the Pirate/Pirate Hunter Recruitment

Franklin looked up from the wet newspaper at the newest addition to Vale's urban sprawl. 'This is the place.' It was a small, average looking apartment, but an apartment no the less. As he was in desperate need of somewhere to stay after being kicked out of his last home, due to un-payed rent, he walked into the building and out of the pouring rain.

The patter of rain from the storm could still be heard inside the building, which was more of the same, blandly painted walls and tiled floor. Across from the doors was a front desk, not unlike a hotel. To the right of the desk was a small sitting area and to the left, the stairs leading upward. Franklin walked over the desk where a smiling, faunas, receptionist stood waiting.

"Hello." Said Franklin in his charismatic tone. "I'm answering the newspaper ad. I called ahead earlier."

"Ah, yes. You must be Mr.....Dillinger? You're room is on the second floor. "She put a contract on the desk facing Franklin. It read as the rest of the apartment contracts did and he mindlessly signed it and handed it back to her. "Thank you sir, your room key is in the back. It will just take a few moments to get everything sorted out. While you're waiting feel free to sit down over there" She gestures toward the seating area. "

Franklin nods as she walks into the room behind the desk. He walks over tot he seating area, puts his things down the ground, and begins to wait.

Last edited by DrGustave on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:48 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:03 am

Zangretor trudges into the building's first floor. "Hrmmm... Alright, Taabrea, we need SOME place to live. Guess we should start here." Zangretor walks over to the man who has just taken a seat. "Hey, tell me how much one of these rooms cost." Zangretor demands.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:55 am

"Hm?" Franklin looks up from listening to the rain hit the window. "Oh, the rent is two hundred per-month." He said looking at this new stranger who had walked in. He seemed...off.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 5:21 pm

"Two hundred? Geez, we need money fast." Zangretor says, seemingly to himself. "We've got about 150 left right now and it's not even in this country's currency. Do you know if there's any place where we could exchange it?" He asks.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Frank rubbed his eyes, obviously tired and not in the mood to deal with this man. "I think there's and exchange down the street. Or you could ask the receptionist when she gets back." Just as he said the the woman walked back in.

"Sorry for the wait Mr. Dillinger, here is your room key." She hands Frank the key. The number on the key says  211. "Oh and one more thing before you go, the rooms in this apartment are made for two, so you may end up with a roommate. However you may request not to have a roommate at an elevated price."

"Alright, thank you." Franklin said as he made his way toward the stairs and his room.

The women then turned to the other man in the room. "Are you here for a room as well?"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 7:40 pm

"Yeah, we are. I don't have any of this country's money though. I don't know what the exchange rate is, but will this cover it?" Zangretor sloppily tosses a mess of coins on the desk in front of the receptionist. "I just got a pretty big job that'll pay off soon. I'll be able to pay as soon as I get my hands on those pirates I've been hired to kill. So can we live here or what?"
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 7:46 pm

The woman took the money and put it under the desk. She then exchanged it and put 34 (Currency Unknown) on the counter. "This should cover it. will you be sharing the room with someone else? You did say 'we' correct?" She said looking around and finding no one else.
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 11:15 pm

"I don't think we'll need separate beds. We're in the same body." Zangretor says plainly. "Talk to him yourself." He says before giving Taabrea control. Zangretor's pupils change, forming a star shape in the middle and his voice becomes noticeably deeper. "I will be the second party occupying the room." Taabrea says. "We do not mind sharing with another, though in our history, many seem to shy away from us."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 9:52 am

"Oh....Of course." the woman took a moment to compose herself before continuing. "Well here is your key sir!" She reached under the desk and pulled out a key for the man. On the room key is the engraved room number.

((Mod note: Edited in the formatting at Dr's request))
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 12:30 pm

"Thanks." Zangretor says, regaining control. He takes the key and made his way to the room. "Well we've got someplace to live at the very least. Ya know, for now anyways..."
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 5:28 pm

"You're quite welcome sir." The woman said. As the man left she went back into the room behind the desk and reached for the phone. "..............Hello? Yes, one of the recent tenants might be a bit of trouble.....He seems...not right in the head.....alright....goodbye sir." She hung up the phone and walked back out the the desk.

TIMELINE: Everything below is night of Pirate/Pirate Hunter Recruitment and on

Last edited by DrGustave on Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:13 am

Having taken only a few minutes to finish cleaning up, Yuuka had locked her office door behind her and lead the crew's latest recruit, Yew, to the new apartment building that had been opened very recently. It seemed like it would be fairly priced, a factor that Yuuka found very attractive. Even though the government would be paying for her accommodations, she didn't like having to use other people's money, and would be trying to pay for it by herself. Not an easy task when the job you have to be doing most of the time isn't paid.

She opened the door and looked around for the receptionist to see how they could get a room.

"Looks affordable... what do you think?" She asked casually to the girl (presumably) next to her.
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:21 am

"Seems like a nice place" Yew agreed.
She looked around, drinking in the sights. Comfy looking chairs, nice decor, friendly paintings.
She looked at the menu on the wall. Most things looked affordable, and tasty.
"How much do you think it will cost?" She asked Yuuka, who she was warming to.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 7:45 am

"Well... It seems a little out of my price range personally, but I've heard it's pretty affordable... Let's ask the receptionist." Yuuka said, approaching the receptionist that she had found after a quick search.

'The place does look really nice though... I hope it's not too expensive.' She thought.

((OOC: Going to be controlling the NPC if you don't mind Gus. Tell me if you do mind though and I'll edit))

"Excuse me, how much does an apartment cost to rent?" She asked politely. The receptionist replied with a price that would be considered affordable for a place of this quality, but just a bit below what would be considered expensive.

"However, that's the price for a two-person apartment. Unfortunately we don't have any single person apartments read right now." The receptionist added, with a sorry smile on her face as she saw Yuuka's slight frown.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 11:55 am

(It's fine with me)
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 1:03 pm

Zangretor stepped out of the elevater and into the main lobby, grumbling to himself and Taabrea. "Man, meditation sucks. We need to get paid for something really quick so we can actually eat instead of spending hours in that room." As he walked to the entrance, he noticed Yuuka. "Hey, you're the lady who hired us, right? We got your message about when the job starts, but man, we need money quick. Got anything else for us to do in the meantime?" Noticing Yew, Zangretor gets a slightly confused look on his face. "Whoa, since when do girls get that tall? Eh, whatever, doesn't matter. If either of you have any jobs open, I'll take 'em."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 1:26 am

"Well, maybe we could, you know, split the cost or something?" Suggested Yew.
"If you want, that is."
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:15 am

"Are you trying to suggest something with that...? 'That' isn't going to help you skip your probation period you know..." Yuuka said to Yew with a smirk, and was about to go further before being interrupted by the apparent-criminal she had allowed on the team earlier.

"Well..." Yuuka thought for a few moments, "I was planning on going to help out some local community work tomorrow, and I'm sure if you come along I could get them to pay you. It's not a huge amount but it's rewarding work and should be enough to help you get by until you get paid next week. And don't worry, everyone will be paid upfront after the meeting in a week."
Back to top Go down
Zou Sama
Chat Minion
Zou Sama

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:07 am

Yew blushed a little
"I... err, didn't mean..."
Yew was too embarrassed to speak properly. She just backed into a wall and hoped she would sink in.
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 6:21 am

Shinobu walks into the lobby, overhearing the conversations.

Actually, big guy, I've got a job for you. And you two as well, if you're interested.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 am

Yuuka giggled at Yew's response to her accusations, finding the girl's blush adorable, "I was just joking, lighten up!" She managed to say in between her giggles.

After a few more seconds of giggles she managed to get herself under control, "I think that's a fine idea, half the cost is pretty fair for a place of this quality, even if I have to share!"
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 12:40 pm

Zangretor flinches as Shinobu walks in. "Crap, I already forgot she was supposed to be staying here. At the very least she doesn't seem to be after us just yet. Maybe we could get something out of this." He whispered to Taabrea. Walking towards Shinobu, Zangretor smirked. "Alright, what kinda job do you have? And how much would it pay?"
Back to top Go down
Nitzlplix

Nitzlplix

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:42 pm

"The short of it is: I need some extra help with a bounty. The pay? That depends on if either of these two decide to tag along or not."
Back to top Go down
zhleader

zhleader

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 8:32 pm

"Hmmm... Who's the target?" Zangretor smiled. Maybe flying the straight path could still be fun if he got to hunt people down.
Back to top Go down
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 3:05 am

The door to the building swung violently open as a beautiful, young red head with hair soaked from the rain entered the room. Jack moved an elegant hand through the wet strands of her hair and flicked the water drops off her fingers and onto the floor as she surveyed her surroundings. She took note of the brown haired woman who recruited her standing with several other sketchy individuals.
Figures. The receptionist is female. Well, this changes nothing. I'm still broke and I still need a place to sleep. I'll just have to get a little more creative. She thought as she made her way towards the front desk. She leaned on the desk, giving the young faunus a nice view and a slight whiff of her perfume as she looked up into the girl's eyes.
"Hey. My name's Jacqueline, but you can call me Jack or Jackie. What's your name?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]   Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vale Heights: Grand Opening [Open]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next