RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

New sport - Magnus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Myren

PostSubject: New sport - Magnus   Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:15 pm

OK folks. here's the basic premise of my proposed sport - i suck at names, so for now I'm calling it Magnus. name suggestions are welcome

the game is played in a similar fashion as Lacross. each player receives one "Mag-stick" for use. this is a five foot long pole, which can be separated into two poles of equal length. one end of the pole is flattened, to be used to strike the ball from mid-air, or from the ground. the other end of the pole has four small protrusions around the end, which are used to magnetically attach to the ball, allowing it to be carried (a button on the stick can release the ball manually). the magnetic end also serves as the game's main offence, for if the bottom half (the end with the magnet) strikes another player, not only will it deliver a rather nasty shock, that player's magnet will de-activate for 3 seconds, thus dropping the ball if they had it.

the ball is 10 cm in diameter, made of a lightweight, reflective metal.

the goal is to bring the ball to the opposing team's goal, and toss it through one of three rings, of descending size. all three rings are placed sideways, so that they can only be entered from the sides. the rings sit recessed within a set of "V" shaped panels, which allow players to toss the ball, and attempt to bounce it in from either angle. these panels are highly repellant, and will usually launch the ball back into play after a failed throw. should the throw succeed, the ball will become suspended within the ring.

the three rings are set in a line, with the smallest being the furthest back. the specs of each ring is as follows:
ring 1: set 1 meter back from the end of the field of play. 2 meter off the ground. diameter of 30 cm. worth 1 point.111
ring 2: set 3 meters back from the end of the field of play. 2.5 meters off the ground. diameter of 20 cm. worth 3 points.
ring 3: set 5 meters back from the end of the field of play. 3 meters off the ground. diameter of only 12cm. worth 5 points.

the game is usually played by two teams of four. on a field roughly 100 meters long, by 60 meters wide.
arrayed around the field are a series of upright panels, set at various heights and angles, arranged symmetrically across the 50 meter line. these panels are thick enough to stand on, and are used as both obstacles, as well as surfaces which can be used to bounce the ball off of (they too are magnetic, and will repel the ball with increased force) these can be changed for each game, allowing for unique fields for every match.

the rules are:
1) the ball may only be moved by the mag-stick (either the magnetic end, called carrying, or the paddle end, called striking). moving the ball in any other way (kicking, carrying etc) will result in a carrying foul, and the other team will be given possession of the ball.

2) no excessive violence. (basically, don't try to bash each other's brains in. the only hit that actually does anything is a strike with the mag stick.) violation will have that player removed for 2 minutes.

3) no dust powers, and no aura powers. this is a game of skill, dexterity, and teamwork. a violation of this will have that player removed for the duration of the match.
later iterations may allow this rule to change, but for the base game, i want pure skill.

please ask if anything is unclear, or if you have any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kellenredx

PostSubject: Re: New sport - Magnus   Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:17 pm

nice I like it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Myren

PostSubject: Re: New sport - Magnus   Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:19 pm

i'm thinking for the first game, i'll just say first 8 people who sign up get in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: New sport - Magnus   Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:46 pm

Name it Kolhii, after Kolhii.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Myren

PostSubject: Re: New sport - Magnus   Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:16 am

a bionicles joke? haven't thought of those in a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New sport - Magnus   

Back to top Go down

New sport - Magnus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: News :: Suggestions/Complaints-
Jump to: