RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lunch Rush [Open]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 10:31 pm

Marc walks into the cafeteria in his normal stance. He walks to the line, arms crossed and back perfectly straight. Earlier that day Marc had told Alani to meet him in the lunchroom. They planned to talk, mostly on plans for Alani's new armor. Wanting to get a seat near the door as he waits for her Marc had sprinted his way here. Being the first in line got him the seat by the door. Sitting down and leaning back slightly, he waits patiently and watches as people walk in.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Somewhere among the stream of people walking in was Alani entering almost ten minutes after lunch began. She hung her head down with a disappointed sigh when she saw the long lines already formed. 'I guess I'll just have to wait,' she thought as she held her stomach and made her way to one of the lines. With her mind focused on food, Alani hadn't even noticed Marc sitting right at the first table.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:45 pm

Marc sees her and smiles, noticing the size of the line and raising an apple. "Hey, Alani!" he calls before tossing it to her and nodding at her. "I'll be right here." he tells her before crossing his arms back.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:03 pm

Alani turns to see Marc, followed by an apple flying at her. Naturally, she caught it with ease. It would be an embarrassment to miss it after all of the times she had to catch her own boomerang, which was much more challenging. She holds it up in the same manner Marc had and thanked him in her own way, "Cheers," before taking a quick bite. Now it was just a matter of time before she had a proper meal in her hands.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:17 pm

Marc nods at her and smiles, watching the line move slowly. After awhile he sighs, looking around. At this rate lunch would be over by the time she made it through the line. Though breaking rules wasn't exactly his style, Marc stands and walks over. "Shush." he whispers to her and smirks, grabbing a plate before sprinting between the students and the food they were reaching for. Making it back to Alani with a full plate. "I got you lunch." he chuckles and hands it to her.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:38 pm

Alani watches Marc run off before returning just seconds later. "Woah!" Looking over his shoulder she sees quite a few angry glares and others who were just shocked he had done such a thing so blatantly. Looking down at the plate of food, Alani almost didn't know what to say. "Marc, you really didn't have to do that." Her mind struggled to decide whether it was alright to take the practically stolen grub or not. 'Well... I don't think they're just going to put the food back now.' The last thing Alani wanted was for either of them to get in trouble, but at this point what could she do?
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Shrugging, Marc leads her back to their seat. "They will still get their food. You just got it faster." he chuckles as they sit. "Now, thought of what you want for the armor?" Starting to eat his food Marc listens closely to her.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Alani reluctantly joins Marc at the table with a sigh. She looks down and picks at her food as she answers, "I don't know. I'm just really used to the armor I have now." Hesitating for a moment, she wondered if she could even call her garb armor at this point. Everyone else seemed to have much more protective gear. Then again, there were some who were barely covered at all. "I don't want anything too bulky, you know?" Pulling out her notebook again, Alani opened it up to the page with her own sketches from before. "This is what I came up with earlier." The drawing portrayed an armor similar to what she already had. In fact, it was the same armor simply covered in a metallic material according to her notes.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:32 pm

Looking it over for a minute, Marc nods and smirks. "Sticking with the 'Jungle Princess' look, I see." Laughing a bit, he hands it back to her. "Really though, it is up to you. All you have to let me know and I am here to help." he says genuinely.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:50 pm

'Jungle Princess?' That wasn't exactly the kind of impression Alani was trying to give. Sure there were lots of rainforests and wildlife back on her island, but she never saw that as a defining feature for herself.

With that thought in mind, Alani pulls out a pencil from her front pocket and rolls it over to Marc. "Any suggestions?" While she waited, Alani finally began eating, feeling slightly less guilty about the ordeal from earlier.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Taking the pencil, Marc nods and focuses on the paper. As much as he didn't want to say it, Alani's design for the armor would be pretty difficult. Only changing the armor a bit aesthetically, he makes it slightly bulkier. Drawing some detail in before finishing, he nods. "This would be a bit easier to make. Should be the same weight and such." he tells her as he hands the paper back. "We can start working on it when we get back from Vale."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:21 pm

After taking a glance at the drawing, as well as another bite, Alani reached for the pencil and started making a few more adjustments. She tried her best not to undo Marc's work while still making the style of the armor her own. Passing the page back over, she asked with her mouth full, "Hm?" It appeared that she had once again changed the design slightly, making it a combination of her original idea and his.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:21 am

Taking the paper and looking over it for a second, Marc nods slowly. "Seems like a plan." He smiles at her and hands back to her before starting to eat a bit. After a moment, he asks "How are your classes?"
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 2:45 pm

Alani swallows her last bite and answers with a low, unenthusiastic tone, "Loooooong." Lifting a hand over to the side, she realizes that she never got a beverage. She glances back over at the line, then looks around the cafeteria, spotting a vending machine by the wall behind her. There was persistent short line, constantly moving yet never ending. 'I'll get a drink later,' she thought, not exactly voicing her concern. 'It's no big deal. I guess this is what I get for cutting in line anyway. Well... kinda cutting.'
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:45 pm

Marc notices she doesn't have a drink, handing her his own untouched soda. "Here. I am not thirsty." he smiles at her. It was a lie, but still. Telling she had felt a little guilty from his cutting through the entire line on her behalf, the least he could do was give her is drink. "So you don't like your classes?" He asks curiously before going back to eating and making sure she can't hand the drink back to him.
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Alani ignores his question and pushes the soda back over to Marc despite his resistance. "Don't worry. I'll get a drink later." Going back to her food, she takes another bite before speaking again (mouth still full), "Thah'sh yorsh." Through it all, Alani couldn't help but wonder, 'Why is he being so nice all of a sudden? No one is this generous.' At least no one she knew was.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Grabbing the drink as it slides to him, Marc laughs softly and nods. "If that is what you want." he shrugs before drinking some. "Also, don't talk with your mouth full." Marc had been tolerating a lot. She was from an island, and he wanted to be her friend, so things could be overlooked. But come on. "It's rude, and kind of disgusting."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Alani covered her mouth and finished her bite before talking again, just as Marc had asked. She hadn't thought that he'd mind, but seeing that he did, Alani was courteous enough to oblige. "Sorry. It's a habit." Her apology was sincere, though in her mind she only thought about how he was criticizing her yet again. 'So proper. I bet he'll tell me to take my elbows off the table too.' With that prediction in mind, Alani did so before Marc could say another word.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 9:06 am

Noticing how she takes her elbows of the table Marc chuckles a bit. He swallows what is in his mouth before speaking. "Look, I know you are from an island and such, so I'm going to try not to correct you about thinks that bother me like that." Taking a sip of he drink as he decides how to continue and not sound rude, he sighs. "I was raised to be polite and raise myself above normal standards. So, what I mean is..." starting to trip over his words, he presses a hand to his head. "I sound rude, I am sorry. What I am trying to say is I don't mind you acting however you please." Letting out a sigh of relief, he smile a bit at her. "I prefer it that way... just don't talk with your mouth full."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 6:56 pm

Alani was clearly offended as he began to explain how she was different for being from an island, as if that made her incapable of acting proper or something. Luckily, Marc had apologized, calming her down and allowing her to return to finishing her meal. When he finished speaking, Alani finished her bite once more before talking again. She answered with a simple, "Okay," and went for another bite. Her plate was almost empty at this point.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:31 pm

Noticing how offended she seemed Marc sighed. 'That went well.' Finishing his food, he tries to think of a way to make it up to her. "Hey, this armor will be great." he smiles and gently pushes her shoulder. "Just wait until we get out there and start making Grimm run to their mothers."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 8:41 pm

Alani finished her last bite with a final sigh of satisfaction. Continuing with Marc's positive attitude, she threw in her own remark. "When we're done with them they'll be lucky if they can even walk!" With a smile and a bit of a giggle, Alani stood up to dispose of her rubbish and stack her tray along with the others by the garbage receptacle. Looking at the clock near the door, she still had about 10 minutes before her next class. Either way it seemed like a good time to head over there. She didn't want to be late of course. "So, what do you have next?" Alani asked, referring to Marc's class schedule.
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Marrc stands and smiles. She didn't seem upset anymore, which was good. "Marc and Alani, bringing the boom." he chuckles and bumps into her playfully. "I have History of Vale." he shrugs and stretches his neck out. "Sounds interesting."
Back to top Go down
Citrine

Citrine

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2013 10:52 pm

The joke didn't really get a laugh out of Alani as much as it did an awkward chuckle. She hadn't really found the comment about the pair funny, but she didn't bother mentioning that the joke sounded lame in her opinion. Something sounded familiar about the class Marc had next though. With that thought, Alani pulled out her schedule only to see that she was in the same class. "Great," she replied, sounding about as excited as a laborer working overtime with no pay. Slumping forward, Alani started to lead the way. "We can suffer together. Come on."
Back to top Go down
BillyD3Kidd

BillyD3Kidd

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 9:35 am

Marc notices the awkward chuckle from Alani and can't help but blush a bit. "I am... not good... at telling jokes, to say the least." Smiling at her slightly, he states "It was supposed to a pun on your weapon." Sighing to himself he thinks 'Now I am starting to remember why I have never tried making friends.' He laughs a bit at her comment about suffering together. "I happen to like history." he says happily and pats her shoulder. "You will live, I promise."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lunch Rush [Open] Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lunch Rush [Open]   Lunch Rush [Open] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lunch Rush [Open]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next