RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing

Go down 
+8
Creatures of Grimm
Sun Wukong
Dakir
Metroidhunter
Kooplah
Aphrodisiac
Amber
Vox
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Vox

Vox

Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Empty
PostSubject: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:18 pm

((From Day 0))

The airship dropped from the heavens toward the ruins, or rather the clearing some ways away.

Autunno Keep was a large, stepped pyramidal structure jutting up from the forest. All around it, walls formed a maze of pathways, with many new holes as the ages had brought sections down. The structure loomed in the distance as the airship descended, tiny black-winged forms circling its peak as the Beowolves swarming its surroundings took notice of the descending ship.

Inside, the intercom crackled. "Alright, boys and girls, we're at a safe altitude if you want to jump early. Just don't damage the ship, 'kay?"

The descent slowed, and the crew began their final checks for landing in a hostile environment...

=====

Entry #213

It's in my head. That goddamn thing is in our heads.

I will cut it out. I will cut it out and it will never make us hurt again.

I will start with the kid.

Entry #214

... I don't recall writing that...

=====

It repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats, it repeats... the screaming...

((Everyone should have a PM. We'll be testing a new combat system.))
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Stretching again before walking over to the hangar doors, Viola turns around and gives a slight wave to everyone else before saying. "Well... maybe I'll see you guys at the temple, or at least some of you." She then starts up some music, taking a quick running jump out of the aircraft, aiming for the trees.

Can't believe I'm the first one out... what kind of Huntsmen and Huntresses are these people? Not that I really fit in with them anyway, but still...

I’ll fight (fight), fight (fight), fight or be taken out alive
Fight, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide
Standing on the edge, am I better off dead?
How could I forget that I’m better than this
I’ve come too far to fade tonight
Fight, or be taken out alive

100/100

Last edited by Amber on Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Whatever. Fighting might ease my mind. Usually I don't initiate but... Might as well have a crack at it. he thought. Without a warning, Aphelion burnt a little energy he got from his sleep and torpedoed out of the ship, still kneeling.

Let's see, one, two, three... Ugh, nevermind.

Aphelion unlocked his body and turned to dive headfirst. The world was a bit distorted to him. He took out his flask and opened it before him, opening his mouth and allowing the alcohol to flow into it. Emptying it, he charged his arm with aura and flung the piece of metal into the fray [Light Attack].

He then spun to faced the closest Beowolf to him, tapped his feet twice to gain more speed from the aura bursts and activated his lockup once again, headbutting the Beowolf into the ground[Fast, Heavy attack. Self-damaging]

95/75
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Kirkka stands up as they approach the ground, double checking her equipment to ensure everything is in place. She approached the windows, trying to get eyes on the landing zone. I certainly hope the reports are exaggerated, otherwise this'll be difficult alone. Well... I guess I have the others on board. But it won't be the same.She sighs quietly, before checking over her stuff a third time and walking toward the doors and standing to the side of them, holding onto some railing, to watch the others descend. If they plan to, that is.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:42 pm

OOC: Oh, and regarding the battle system. All your posts must include your current HP/Aura levels at the end, like Aphro did in the post above. I don't think I mentioned that in the post. This isn't needed in posts where you aren't really in combat.

100/100

100 HP/100 Aura
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:47 pm

The Beowolves are moving to intercept the airship on the way down. Likelihood of close combat is 89%. Cleanup of Beowolves on the ground should be prioritized before engagement of aerial combatants. Leo's mind raced as he looked over the field, snarling. "Modus: Vindicta."

He wouldn't waste energy going out too early, but he watched as Viola jumped. Slowly, he looked down at his hands.

After a moment of contemplation, his gaze lifted toward the door... and he directed a glare at Kirkka.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:51 pm

Isabelle sighed as the ship descended, holding her blade over her shoulder.  Since she didn't have some sort of amazing weapon that would help her land, she would have to wait until the airship was at a lower altitude.

Beowolves...  Great...

She hadn't seen one of the hideous creatures in weeks, excluding the hat that she was given, and wasn't exactly looking forward to it considering that her last encounter with them almost killed her.  Turning to Leo, she spoke to him.

"Any idea how many of them are down there?"
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 6:59 pm

Falling towards the trees at a reasonable speed, Viola spots a perfect branch to start her landing.

Music running through her head and adrenaline through her veins, she grabs the branch and does four spins around it before flipping and landing on another one.

Hmmm... not bad, though I burned my hands slightly, even through my gloves. Must have been going too fast.

Looking around, she decides to climb to the top of the tree to see how far from the keep she really is.

Several hundred meters away, and I'm about 100 feet off the ground... not too bad. I'll stay here for now and see if anyone else lands near me before I make my way over there.

Somewhere between happy, and total frelling wreck
Feet sometimes on solid ground, sometimes at the edge
To spend your waking moments, simply killing time
Is to give up on your hopes and dreams, to give up on your...

100/95

Last edited by Amber on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:01 pm

Kirkka looked back at Leonius. Her expression was blank, and her dull grey eyes were shallow, almost devoid of life. She seemed detached from any emotion at this point, something you've never seen. Even in the battle versus the Titan of Steel, her voice, and eyes had specific, focused emotions.

A moment later, Isabelle had approached them, and speaks. "Any idea how many of them are down there?" She was speaking to Leonius. Kirkka maintains watching Leonius only briefly, then turns her face toward the open door, looking toward the approaching ground.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:02 pm

"A cursory evaluation suggests... at least seventy-two... Probably closer... to a hundred and forty..." It wasn't the most comforting news, he knew, but he didn't want to be reassuring at the cost of preparedness.

=====

There was a shiny thing in the sky, and it came from the falling food. The Beowolves were transfixed by it for a moment, until the shiny thing embedded itself in the head of one of their own. Some of the pack looked at the Beowolf as it slumped to the ground, its arms going to its head.

The others looked back up at the falling food, watching it drop as one charged, only to meet the food head on... Literally, as the man crushed the Beowolf's skull with his own. The others, however, including the one with the flask in its forehead, rose, and four Beowolves leaped at Aphelion, another six starting to circle around.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Yin hears the announcement and immediately makes his way to the door. He smirks and unsheathes his blades as he throws himself out of the ship. He relishes the wind blowing through his hair, but realizes that the ground is much closer than he thought. He also noticed that Beowolves were moving to intercept the craft. He frowned as this thought passed through his head.

He then focused on landing. He spotted a tree that looked thick enough to support his landing. It was slightly further away from the landing zone, but it would have to do. He spread his arms and legs out from his body, gripping his blades in a backhanded grip. He flipped as he reached the tree and dug his blades into the trunk, slowing him down enough to safely land on the ground.

He quickly yanked his blades from the tree, spinning around to see a pair of Beowolves closing on him. He shot in between them, aiming a slash at each of the beasts as he passed. (Fast, Light attack)

100/100
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:14 pm

Aphelion deactivated his aura just as four Beowolves pounced on him. Each managed to get a hit [Light Attack] before Aphelion tapped his feet again and skidded along the ground, roughing up his back.

Well, I'm dumb. he thought.

Aphelion turned onto his stomach and faced the 10 Beowolves before him. He looked around himself, and noticed that he was on a gravely ground. He gathered up some pebbles and started flicking them at Beowolves at rather high speeds (although with questionable accuracy) using his Aura, managing to fire about 30 [Sub-light attack, like 2 damage per hit]

70/75
Back to top Go down
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 pm

El Taladro sprints out of the open door of the airship, booming laughter echoing through the skies as the glowing, grinning luchador plummeted through the air, aiming his powerful mass at the cluster of beowolves accosting Aphelion. "I AM EL TALADRO QUE PERFORA EL CIELO!" He thundered as he slammed into the group like the right hand of god.
This is about as heavy as attacks get, dealing large damage to El Taladro's aura.

100/60
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:17 pm

The two Beowolves were confused, as the food ((Yin)) they had gone to enjoy suddenly darted between them, and now they had these gashes on their torsos.

Their confusion didn't last, as they howled and charged at Yin, each making a [medium] attack as they swung their claws. In the undergrowth, eight eyes glowed red as beowolves investigated their brothers' cries...

=====

The hail of painful pebbles only enraged the Beowolves, causing minimal damage. As the pack prepared to close in and tear Aphelion to pieces however, they heard a thunderous noise overhead.

Looking up at the descending Lucha four Beowolves gathered closer, only to be crushed under the force of the descending man's slam.

Hearing the sick crunch, three of the survivors charged Aphelion, making [medium] attacks with their claws, and three more attempting to tackle El Taladro with [heavy] blows.

A careful observer may notice one Beowolf back a good ways from the rest, larger than normal, facepalming.

=====

The airship gave a soft shudder as it touched the ground. "We're on the ground, everyone give 'em hell," the Intercom buzzed.

"Remember, we're your ride back!"

Inside the cockpit, the two pilots looked around nervously. They really, really hoped those Grimm were kept back. The airship was strong, and could survive a good bit of damage, but the two had a very bad feeling about this.
Back to top Go down
Dakir

Dakir

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:23 pm

Yin spun around as the two Beowolves swung at him. Child's play. He thought as he flipped away from their claws. As they slashed at the air, Yin vaulted upwards above one of the Beowolves, bringing his longer blade down in a vicious arc towards the beast's head. (Medium)

As he descended, he noticed another two of the creatures come growling over to the fight.

100/100
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:28 pm

Kirkka steps off the airship the instant it lands, walking 15 feet away from it and stopping. She swiftly builds her staff in front of her to full length, and spins it around in a fancy pattern several times before slamming the ground with the end. A red pattern, 3 feet in diameter appears under her feet, followed by a trail of patterns the same size, encircling the entire airship. Once the circle completes, she steps back into the circle, and the first pattern disappears. Another second passes, and flames erupt from the pattern covered ground, forming a massive firewall all the way around the airship, with a single gap in the wall in front of her for others to get through.

She takes a deep breath, apparently tired by the effort expended for creating a flamewall that size. It should last long enough for everyone to get off the airship and the airship back into the sky.

100 HP/100 Aura

Last edited by Kooplah on Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Aphelion got up and looked at his saviour.

"Thanks... Hey, you're the guy who lifted boulders! Didn't catch yer full name, I only caught 'Eltala'. Listen, my back isn't too well so..." Aphelion said, jumping onto the man's shoulders, "Let me sit up here for a while Eltala. I'll throw some air at these fools from time to time. Please, I don't think anyone else here likes me."

Aphelion readied his aura to occasionally fire bullet-speed air at Beowolves [Medium damage]

((I'm out for the night, leave me some to kill pls))

70/75
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Spotting the airship landing in a clearing, Viola sighs before considering her options.

I could head to the temple on my own... which may or may not be the smartest thing I've ever done. Or I could go to the landing zone and at least observe in case they need me, if not get involved. Urghhh... I didn't know I'd be doing yotz like this when I agreed to this assignment.

"Bah... whatever." She hisses before climbing down about 30 feet, starting to jump from tree to tree to get to the clearing.

If I'm lucky... they won't need me at all. If I'm not lucky... well, we'll see.

Trying to decide just where my loyalties lie
When our heads are filled with so much useless pride
Children's cries drowned out as we feed our greed
With no thought to the future, will we ever take a chance on peace?

100/95
Back to top Go down
Creatures of Grimm

Creatures of Grimm

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 8:47 pm

As Viola jumps from tree to tree, she can see swarms of beowolves under her. Some of them leap into the air at her, but aren't quite able to jump high enough. Others are climbing the trees ahead of her, attempting to get up and block her path! As she makes another tree jump, a claw swipes at her leg when she lands. [Light]

The swarm of beowolves around the clearing is becoming noticably larger. It appears that they are massing to swarm the airship before it can take off again. It's difficult to tell just how many there are on the edges of the clearing, however. Kirkka's firewall may not be enough to protect the airship long enough.
Back to top Go down
Amber
Amber

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Unable to avoid the swipe, Viola hisses as she takes the light hit that causes a very mild injury.

Frell... wasn't expecting them to be able to get this high... Ursa maybe, but not these stupid Beowolves. I'd even rather fight a Nevermore...

Seeing that her paths forward and down are blocked, she starts heading to the left, attempting to get higher up in the trees in the process.

I'm about... 80 feet up, and still about 200 meters from the clearing... and I have no idea what to do.

I can feel you all around me
Thickening the air I'm breathing
Holding on to what I'm feeling
Savoring this heart that's healing

100/90
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:39 pm

Wait a second...

Isabelle quickly takes her bag off and opens it, pulling out the Beowolf hat that she had received earlier.  It could serve as head protection, even if only a little.  Pulling off her hood and placing the new hat on, she pulled out her second blade and charged out of the airship.

"Payback, bitches!" she yelled, running past the fire wall and towards the nearest Beowolf.  She swung the sword in her right hand towards the creature's side [Medium Attack].

100/100
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Leonius smiled as Isabelle put on her hat, stepping out after her and looking at the firewall Kirkka made, and the Beowolves beyond. For now, he remained behind it, and glanced at Kirkka. Despite their mutual distrust and misgivings, they had the same enemy. Raising his gauntlets, and hearing the tinny voice declare the use of the cast repeater on full auto fire, he began peppering the Beowolves approaching the firewall with a barrage of energy bolts.

=====

The Beowolves continued leaping at Viola, their claws passing within inches of her feet.

It was thus, eerily quiet when they stopped for a moment, regarding Viola with curiosity before two Beowolves grabbed a brother, and flung him at her to provide the height, a [heavy, innacurate] attack as the Beowolf lunged and tried to knock her from the tree.

=====

The fire wall was hot. As it should be, it was a wall of fire.

Even the Beowolves knew not to touch fire, though they started to approach the hole Kirkka kept in the firewall, despite bolts of energy from within making even that very dangerous.

What they did not expect was the little Beowolf from within charging out, barking something unintelligible, and cutting open one of its own. The Beowolf in question looked at her as it slumped over.

The pack simply looked in confusion. Surely this little pup was so scared by the flames that it lashed out at its packmates...
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 10:28 pm

Isabelle watched as the Beowolf fell over and looked back up at the others.  They simply stared at her instead of attacking, and it was a bit unnerving.

"What, do you guys give up or something?"

100/100
Back to top Go down
Sun Wukong

Sun Wukong

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 11:06 pm

El Taladro winced as he heard his name mispronounced. "No, Amigo. El Taladro Que Perfora El Cielo. You may call me El Taladro." There were very few things that bugged El Taladro, but the mispronunciation of the champion's name was one of them. He was unsure how one threw air, but understood that his new ally was injured. He was more than willing to offer his aid. He took up fierce fighting posture, with Aphelion on his back. It was difficult not to notice the wall of fire spring up a short distance away. El Taladro took off towards the fire, making sure to support Aphelion.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 11:08 pm

Having missed the fact that they were flying over a large group of Beowolves, with people jumping off the ship to fight, due to taking a short nap, Melissa prepared to exit the ship and leave the firewall to begin tearing apart Grimm.

"Try to keep up!" She said to Aoife with a grin, dashing out the hole in the wall of fire. She looked around for a brief moment, seeing fighting going on everywhere, before turning to the nearest Beowolf, pointing the tip of soothing mayhem at it, and launching herself forward with her aura, sped up with the weapon's thruster, aiming at its throat. [Fast, Heavy] ((OOC: I'm going to go with it being heavy because of the damage it would do, and while it isn't slow, it does leave Melissa vulnerable which has pretty much the same effect as a slow, unwieldy attack))

100/100
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing   Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expedition to Autunno Keep [PLOT] Day 1 - Hard Landing
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next