RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Discussion about teams

Go down 
+13
Aphrodisiac
Kooplah
DrGustave
Vivvyn
Amber
Shemskis
Jetscream
Navolas2
Joe Liquori
mabster314
Swordslinger
R3dder
Skylight
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mabster314

Discussion about teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 7:48 am

Quote :
A better alternative would be to have some sort of system to put 2, 4, 100, whatever, characters together to do some sort of challenge similar to the initiation from RWBY. Basically this removes the time constraint on the (Possible) event, without changing the concept of it. Sure, it wouldn't exactly be canon, but when transferring a show's system to an RP forum some sacrifices must be made.
I think this is the best idea for initiation yet. we could have a board in which people post that they're ready for initiation, then the mods group them up and give them a challenge. This removes both the time constraint and make initiation threads much faster and efficient.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 11:12 am

mabster314 wrote:
Quote :
A better alternative would be to have some sort of system to put 2, 4, 100, whatever, characters together to do some sort of challenge similar to the initiation from RWBY. Basically this removes the time constraint on the (Possible) event, without changing the concept of it. Sure, it wouldn't exactly be canon, but when transferring a show's system to an RP forum some sacrifices must be made.
    I think this is the best idea for initiation yet. we could have a board in which people post that they're ready for initiation, then the mods group them up and give them a challenge. This removes both the time constraint and make initiation threads much faster and efficient.
Is there possibly any way to maybe do something in a chat room, instead? I feel that initiation would be somewhat fast-paced and a traditional thread wouldn't be able to handle too many people at once, even if it was well moderated.
Back to top Go down
Yuki-Chan

Yuki-Chan

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:20 pm

ThePrinnyDood wrote:
mabster314 wrote:
Quote :
Is there possibly any way to maybe do something in a chat room, instead? I feel that initiation would be somewhat fast-paced and a traditional thread wouldn't be able to handle too many people at once, even if it was well moderated.
Problem with that is, if the initiation (Which I assume would probably be lots of combat with perhaps some puzzle) is unsuitable for a traditional forum post then pretty much anything except character development would be unsuitable. Not only that but doing it in a chatbox would limit the creativity people could put into attacking and blocking and such.

Though trust me, fast paced combat CAN be done in a forum post-by-post style.
Back to top Go down
Vivvyn

Vivvyn

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:02 pm

I like that idea. I still wouldn't mind myself being randomly sorted for curiosity's sake.
Back to top Go down
Prinny

Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:41 pm

Snow Cloak wrote:
ThePrinnyDood wrote:
mabster314 wrote:
Quote :
Problem with that is, if the initiation (Which I assume would probably be lots of combat with perhaps some puzzle) is unsuitable for a traditional forum post then pretty much anything except character development would be unsuitable. Not only that but doing it in a chatbox would limit the creativity people could put into attacking and blocking and such.

Though trust me, fast paced combat CAN be done in a forum post-by-post style.
It's not the pacing of the combat, it's the thought that there may be many battles going on at once, and I feel that going post-by-post would bring some confusion.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:04 pm

I think splitting people up into their own threads will be the best way to keep things separate. We can easily add extra forums if needed in some way too.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 6:08 pm

I agree with this now. Too many people in one thread will cause way too much confusion and most likely many battles will be occurring at once.
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 9:38 pm

I'm starting to think we should be on teams of 4. We choose our 1st teammate and other 2 are chosen randomly from a system
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion about teams   Discussion about teams - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion about teams
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2