RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mafia Forum game that's...meta-ishly in character.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JL

PostSubject: Mafia Forum game that's...meta-ishly in character.   Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:43 am

Since we have our student characters in their dorms we'd probably expect some way for them to entertain themselves. One small game characters might play would be Mafia...if you've played that in real life.

But Mafia isn't just in real life - I've seen, and played in, Mafia games on the internet. It offers entirely new possibilities - PM's, screenshots, lying, etc. rather than simply having people 'close their eyes and point'. And also, while in Mafia it isn't usual for more roles than 'Mafia', 'Cop' and 'Medic', on a forum the roles can pretty much be dreamed up, balanced, and work well.

So imagine this - our characters get into a game of Mafia in the dorms, then we play it in OOC, with a game master (I'll run it, at least for the first game or something if this progresses Smile ) and with things like PM's and screenshots spreading our roles and lying about them in public.

Would this be something fun you'd like?

If you don't know what Mafia is, I'll give a brief explanation of the simplest version of the game.

A bunch of citizens. A small group are Mafia, one or more guys is a detective, one guy is a medic. Others are just citizens.

At 'Night time', the Mafia choose 1 person to kill. At the same time, the Detective can investigate one guy to know their role. The Medic can choose one guy that, if picked by the Mafia, they can prevent from death. After all that, daytime comes, during which everybody votes to lynch 1 (or more) players. Their role will be unveiled.

Mafia wins by killing everyone (They are Anti-Town players)
Detective, Medic and Citizens win by killing all Mafia (They are Pro-Town players)

If enough people decide they want to play this, I'll set up a thread somewhere.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Kaliot
Timeline Minion

PostSubject: Re: Mafia Forum game that's...meta-ishly in character.   Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:17 am

I think it would be hilarious if we played it IC. Also, I have no idea how forum mafia works, so I feel like RPing a live game would be much easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Mafia Forum game that's...meta-ishly in character.   Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:31 am

Kaliot wrote:
Also, I have no idea how forum mafia works, so I feel like RPing a live game would be much easier.
A lot more fun than just a game IRL with eyes shut.

Perhaps a mix? We speak IC, but we still go about PMing each other, etc. trying to deduce everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mafia Forum game that's...meta-ishly in character.   

Back to top Go down

Mafia Forum game that's...meta-ishly in character.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: News :: Suggestions/Complaints-
Jump to: