RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Mid-night meeting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
aonly9470

PostSubject: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:08 am

(ooc. this is an invite only)

Ryth walked into the library carrying his fathers guitar and storming to a secluded corner of the library. the only reason he didn't show his rage is because there still might be students or staff still in there. Ryth sat down on the floor in the complete silence and started playing the guitar and singing.
"I, am a question to the world
not an answer to be heard
or a moment, that's held in your arms.
And what, do you think you'd ever say
I won't listen anyway.
You don't know me
and I'll never be what you want me to be."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:18 am

Kail was silently reading a book when he saw movement out of the corner of his eye. He glanced in that direction to notice someone enter the Library and begin to play a guitar. 'Oh, so this is Ryth...hmm, doesn't look like much, but the rumours say otherwise...wait, that song...ah....' and he softly sang the second verse after Ryth did the first
"And what do you think you'd understand?
I'm a boy, no, I'm a man
You can take me and throw me away
And how can you learn what's never shown?
Yeah, you stand here on your own
They don't know me 'cause I'm not here"
And with that, Kail lit a candle on a stand near him, illuminating his face, a gentle nod towards Ryth in approval of the song choice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:24 am

oblivious to the other boy in the room due to Ryth's focus on singing and playing the guitar and keeping his cloak up, Ryth continued with so much emotion that showed that this song had deep meaning for him
"And I want a moment to be real.
Wanna touch things I don't feel
Wanna hold on and feel I belong.
And how can the world want me to change
They're the ones that stay the same
They don't know me cause I'm not here"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:32 am

A slight smile in appreciation for the concentration to the song. However, his scroll decided to pitch in on the next verse, a motherly robotic voice emenated from his heavily modified scroll, echoing throughout the empty library.
"And you see the things they never see
All you wanted, I could be
Now you know me, and I'm not afraid
And I wanna tell you who I am
Can you help me be a man?
They can't break me
As long as I know who I am"
And Kail took out his scroll and placed it on the desk he sat; a brilliant blue, decidedly female,  hologram faded upon it and gave Kail a smirk, looking towards Ryth. Kail rolled his eyes lightly. 'And of course my A.I does a better singing job than me.'
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:40 am

hearing the voice of the scroll now. Ryth wonders who would appreciate the song. it had meaning only to those who were close to that situation. 'probably one of the faunus from that team I helped' He thought as he started going into the bridge. and his voice took on the emotion that would suggest that the song is the story of his life.
"They can't tell me who to be.
Cause I'm not what they see.
And the world is still sleeping while I keep on dreaming for me
And their words are just whispers and lies that I'll never believe.

And I want a moment to be real.
Wanna touch things I don't feel
Wanna hold on, and feel I belong.
And how can they say I never change.
They're the ones that stay the same.
I'm the one now, cause I'm still here.
I'm the one
cause I'm still here
I'm still here
I'm still here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:49 am

Both Kail and the A.I sang the bridge with Ryth, Kail having the same emotional inflections as Ryth at every turn as he picked up his scroll and took the book with him closer to Ryth, sitting almost in front of him and sighing; the A.I hologram placing a hand on his own.
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:52 am

"so how was my sing.. Aah!" Ryth started into the corner he was n at the closeness of the new boy and the hologram
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:59 am

A slight nod came from Kail as the A.I politely said "Were it a competition, you'd have won." and the blue A.I. commented "Good guitar-work too." Kail wasn't at an uncomfortable distance from Ryth, about a meter away and said "Wasn't my intention to startle you Ryth...you are Ryth, right? The one who rarely was seen at Signal?" a parir of brown cat ears twitched at the top of his head, only just poking out of his hair.
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:03 am

'yup knew it, he's a Faunus.' Ryth calmed down at the fact that he was a faunus. "Really? well. it helps that this song essentially holds the plan of who I want to be. as for not being seen at signal. I was seen a lot actually. and chased until the third year when i completed destiny's blades" but what is with the hologram coming from your scroll?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:13 am

A chuckle came from the Hologram "I'll answer that one. Artificial Intelligence construct, formally an Enhanced Defense Intelligence. Kail likes to call me EDI, and he's got similar goals." Kail nodded "EDI's got it right. Similar. I want to blend into the background of people...however that is difficult, considering how much I throw myself into the line of fire against the Grimm almost on a daily basis. Although, without doing that, I wouldn't be living independently from my parents." and his gaze was directed to EDI "Being a hologram drains more power from my scroll, as we've discussed." and the hologram faded away "Precisely 12.8365 percent more power drained than when idle actually."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:20 am

"you don't understand. My life plan is to be a defender of anyone who needs it; I will not be changed by anyone who believes I am who they think I am; I will be there to defend anyone I can no matter what. this song was actually the theme for my father as well. though we both translated the song differently it encouraged us both to disregard what the world told us. I forget if my dad made the song or wished he did make the song? also, why is your AI a girl? it just seems like you would have a male one."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:26 am

Kail shook his head lightly "I also try to help anyone who requires it. As for my A.I, I let EDI choose her own voice and Hologram back when I first made her. And a female generally is the more reasonable gender."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 am

"true, they are better mentally." Ryth stands up and walks to a chair to get a more comfortable position. "so why are you here at this hour?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:36 am

Kail did the same, returning to his Chair with the book and his Scroll, shining a light over the book; 'Faunus civil rights movements and their effects on humanity' by the Author Donnel Udina. Frowning slightly, he explains "Prudent to study on humanity's view on my race."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:42 am

"so you are just reading about the Faunus through the eyes of a racist? okay, well how do you fight? also, with me being attacked by most people all of my life, I do not have good social skills."Ryth grabs a combat book that he has already read and starts revising as his cloak shimmers and disappears without him knowing showing his grey t-shirt with his symbol on the front while his harness was strapped to him while wearing red shorts and also showing the scars on his arms.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:47 am

A glance to Ryth's scarred arms and a wince, saying "I work on mostly ranged combat. However I do have an option for Beta and Epsilon to transform into small Chakrams for a last resort..."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:53 am

"Chakram eh? well do you like mine" Ryth had put the book down and as soon as he said mine, his chakram burst upwards from his harness and falls into his waiting hands which grabbed he handholds like the chakram had been moved to where they could be caught as easily as something being placed into your hands.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:57 am

He smiles gently, pulling out the dual modern pistols that were Beta and Epsilon from their magnetic holsters, transforming both into slightly smaller Chakrams than Ryth's "Yours are definitely advantageous in melee. Mine are more emergency options." and they changed back into pistols, before he put them together, they elongated and combined into a Sniper Rifle "As I said, I'm a ranged fighter."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:00 am

"actually, I can do both." Ryth then throws the right chakram at a window which then flies back to his hand right before it would break the window. then the fused both of his chakram into his cannon and charged it with a little aura. "so why did you make EDI?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:04 am

He chuckles as he fragmented the now Sniper, Alpha, into Beta and Epsilon again, placing them onto his magnetic holders "Well, actually it was more to see if I could, but I guess a combination of loneliness and boredom. And after I created her, she was alive. To shut her down would be murder."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:10 am

Ryth doesn't know what to say as the room falls quiet "Um.. how about we bring EDI into this conversation, she can probably make this last a little longer."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:24 am

"Yeah, that would probably be best." and EDI once more sounded through the Scroll "Well I've noticed several people in the past speak of their teachers. I for one like the history teacher. What about you two?"
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:32 am

"the history teacher is a little too coffee addicted to me, and the Grimm teacher is in a flipping mid-life crisis that is a pain. I honestly prefer the melee combat teacher, he might be brutal but he is quick, no-nonsense and always helps you out" Ryth places his chakram back in the harness. "have you ever been outside the scroll EDI?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:36 am

"History Teacher is rather informative, Grimm teacher...yeah disaster will happen eventually. Melee combat teacher is alright I guess, but I gotta choose the Ranged combat teacher." and his eyes directed towards the scroll as EDI began to speak "I exist as data. Data can be transferred. I have, on several occasions, uploaded wirelessly to local networks."
Back to top Go down
aonly9470

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:40 am

"I never got your name. What is it? also, have you thought of seeing if someone can get you a mechanised suit for her? it could be really great in combat. also, I just find the ranged teacher a little too forgiving, it just allows some people to slack off in class"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mid-night meeting   

Back to top Go down

Mid-night meeting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next