RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About the Caged Bird (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vox

Vox

About the Caged Bird (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:49 am

Leonius didn't bother watching as Fayza limped away clutching her arm, just keeping track of her with his sensors as he pulled up a review of information fed from Aoife's implants. This was a bit... troublesome.

He wanted to be kind. He wanted to be understanding. The giant had let Aoife's muttered threats and oaths slide. It was her nature. He was not going to interfere with her plans with Aphelion, granting tacit permission by not stepping in. But Fayza had just changed the situation.

Leonius was waiting for Aoife to tell Aphelion the situation. Without eyes on the two of them, apparently the succubus had done the unexpected and put two and two together, then told Aphelion. Heavy footfalls took Leonius to the edge of the cliffs, and the giant crossed his arms. He drummed his fingers against his biceps, natural and artificial, and frowned. Aphelion would have to be dealt with-

Phrasing. That sounded too much like an assassination plan.

He would have to have a talk with Aphelion..

With a thought, Leonius opened a message to Aph's inbox. "Come to the cliffs... We must have words... Regarding Aoife..."

Simple. To the point.

It would do, and Leonius waited...
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:02 am

The moment he received the message and read it, Aphelion set down his mug of coffee and instantly jumped out from his dorm room, via the window of course, while whistling for his horse. Getting onto him as fast as he could, he clicked its sides with his feet and started galloping off to the cliffs, his usually kind face now looking more serious.

It didn't take long for him to arrive at the designated place - it certainly helped that Leo's figure wasn't common and was rather easy to make out. Not bothering to slow down, Aphelion simply harshly stopped the equine, coming to a halt around 10 feet away from Leo, looking at him while still seated.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:11 am

"Troubling..." Leonius didn't bother turning to Aphelion, continuing to drum his fingers. "I hadn't expected... the nomad to figure things out... and then inform you... before Aoife did so... herself..."

The drumming stopped and Leonius turned his head.

"... I will confirm it... Yes... Aoife's collar... is what Fayza Abdul Azid thinks it is... and yes... your girlfriend and fiancee... is in thrall to me..." Slowly turning his head to look back over the water, Leonius sighed. "... Not the best... of situations... and one I tried to... avoid..."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:19 am

Eye twitching slightly as Leo spoke, Aphelion closed both of them and took a deep breath. Shifting himself off of the horse, he landed on both of his feet and with a simple pat of the back dismissed the creature. Then he opened his eyes to look back at back of Leonius.

"I figured. I believed it from the start. I did some light reading to make sure though." he spoke calmly, though his voice evidently shifted at some points as he strained to keep it the least hostile he could, "I hope you understand that I'm not happy about it. At all. I wouldn't mind learning more though. About her situation, what it entails, how long it is, how can I end it, stuff like that."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:45 pm

"Understandably..." Leo's attention was turned back to Aph. Still, the drumming continued. "... Though you should know... she did it for you..."

Leo spotted Fayza poking her head out from behind a corner, quickly withdrawing when she saw them talking. Quietly, he made a note of it.

"... You recall her... altercation with Fayza... correct? ... Did she mention... that she was going to be expelled... and put on trial..?"
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 12:50 pm

"No, I don't remember her saying that. Then again she went pretty lesbian after that quarrel." Aphelion answered, calmly, listening to the hoofsteps of his horse getting quieter.

"So, you say that she gave up freedom in order to be with me. How exactly did she become your slave?" he asked, narrowing his eyes, frowning deeply at being completely unable to read anything about him.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:42 pm

Leonius shook his head, unfolding his arms and turning completely to Aphelion. "She asked for my presence... at the cell you and Melissa occupied with her... following the fight... She wanted a way to escape the fate... she found herself faced with... that being expulsion and criminal proceedings..." Leonius took a deep breath, letting it out slowly. "... Only one legal escape... came to mind... and I advised her to... accept her fate... She did not relent..."

Leo's arms relaxed, and they found their way behind his back. Slowly, he started pacing.

"... A curious article... number XVI, in the Treaty of Arx Irae... that establishes Pilum's vassalage to Vale... and prevented the Seventh Pilorum War... regards the treatment of people... with diplomatic credentials... in Vale and Holy Pilum... The historical basis of it... steeped in animosity between Southern Vale... and Holy Pilum over my peoples' long campaigns of raids and wars... and the tendency of Valish diplomats to be subjected... to poor treatment for Patrician amusement... The article states that if a crime is committed... as seen by both nations... against a diplomat or official... the justice system of the official's homeland... can usurp handling of the case... with easy extradition procedures."

He stopped, visor locked on Aphelion.

"... I told her... not to go that route... Informed her that it was... removal of a limb... to cure a broken one... But she wanted to stay here... with you... and those she was close to... no matter the cost... So at her insistence... after making it clear what she would lose... I invoked Article Sixteen... using her prior assault against me..." He cleared his throat, his arms returning to his chest as he looked away. "... And that is how... She ended up in this situation... Information Fayza would not... have been able to give you..."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 5:54 pm

"Ugh... Okay, okay." Aphelion said, clearly uncomfortable hearing all that. He remained still for a moment, rubbing the bridge of his nose before sighing, "I won't demand anything off of you... I guess it's not in my place... but I'll ask you... what... did you make her do?" he spoke slowly, trying to convey no bitterness or anger, simply out of curiosity.

"I know we're far from friends... I mean, I heard you calling people barbarians... You being called something which I doubt would help my situation if I said it now... I'm probably worse in your eyes, having been raised in a jungle and all..." he looked down onto the ground beneath him, starting to draw on it a little with his foot, "Ultimately the decision is up to you... But can you be lenient with her? She's really impulsive a-and I pray you take that into consideration."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:11 pm

"Spearchucker... Go ahead and... say it... You are referencing the slur... not actively using it... A curious term... meant to malign the concept of the Holy Spear... and our technological superiority... but that is unimportant... And the word Barbarian has slipped from my tongue... because it is our word... for those who are not Pilorum... and one does not forget the language... they grew up with... You are Barbarorum, but only... in that you are not Pilorum... Unlike many of my countrymen... I do not see you as inherently lesser... for that fact... Nothing productive... comes from such thinking..."

The giant took a deep breath, glancing back at Aphelion.

"... I avoid answer. Apologies... I @&#$ed her..."

It was simple. Blunt. To the point. Leonius let his tone convey how Aoife reacted afterward, not wanting to say aloud how weak and detached she was afterward. But he looked away.

"... Custom dictated... that it be so... and I have considered requiring certain... services... but did not..." Another deep breath, and Leo started drumming his fingers again. "... You request is also... needless... I have been incredibly lenient with her... The only time I have initiated feedback... was in anger upon hearing through monitoring her... that Viola Aria had been sent to kill me..."

He turned back, visor locked onto Aphelion's eyes.

"... And I have even granted... tacit approval to that ring she wears... despite the fact that legally... and culturally... I should have denied it for not... having been asked... Pilorum custom and I... are not exactly on the best terms... at the moment... so that helped you two..." He chuckled, turning his gaze back to the water. "... I am already working... on legal grounds for the two of you to be wed... though her status as a Servus... the fact that she does not... legally exist as Aoife Knight... and your status as Barbarorum... make this a challenge... and I am already embroiled in one conflict... with the Senate..."

Another deep breath, but Leonius was silent for some time afterward.

"... You fear me... Confirm or deny?"
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:23 pm

As Leonius fell silent, so did Aphelion, taking in all this information. Yes, Leo has **** her, but that turned out well... so that felt odd. Viola sent out to kill him... that was new. It was probably more unexpected than the fact that he's **** her. Then again, to Aphelion, he thought Leo's appendage was more akin a metal replacement than a real thing, and in a way that calmed him.

Deciding to not ask anywhere around that field, he shifted from slight discomfort at his question, trying to piece together a sufficient answer.

"I mean... Normally enough, you should expect people to be intimidated by a giant who's so evidently taller than them. I am doubly worried because you're covered from head to toe in metal. Bane of martial artist without proper arsenal. My best bet at even trying to fight or stop you would involve me either knocking myself out or getting a heart attack. But..." he fidgeted a little, "I haven't come to best terms with technology... It's still all kind of new to me. Robots, computers... I'm adapting slowly, but I dunno..." he explained before stopping abruptly and laughing, "Why am I telling you all this... it's weird... but yeah, I am a little scared."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:36 pm

"... What is so... weird about it..? What we have going here is... a two way exchange of information... But I selected carefully... my use of the word fear... Intimidation is one thing... I modeled this armor... Res Sartae... after the power armor employed by the Triarii... the heavy infantry of my homeland... The lines and form... of these suits are designed to elicit... a response of awe or fear... an initial contact tactic... This in conjuction... with the way we Patricians... are trained to hold ourselves... the postures that become natural... and the air of intellect and foresight I am told I exude... an intimidation response is not unexpected..." He relaxed his arms, gesturing to Aphelion. "But you touch on what turned it... to fear... You see me as a machine... rather than a man... and machines scare you... confirm or deny?"

Leonius chuckled as he made his way to a sturdy rock, sitting down.

"... You have nothing... to fear... I will not assault you... and if I had ill will toward you... I would have snatched away your beloved... or something similar... I ask out of interest... Our only prior interactions... that come immediately to mind... outside of some of the variant timelines created at the Autunno incident... are your attempt to drug Viola and I... at the Initiation Ball... an act that actually succeeded... in causing me to stick it in the crazy... mind you... and Professor Blue's exercise... in poor tactics... when we had to defend a target stubbornly insisting... on self-destruction..." Again, his arms crossed, and Leonius watched Aphelion. "I know little... of Aphelion Messier... and that is... a potential issue... given the situation with Aoife..."

Leonius tilted his head, glancing in the direction the horse had gone off to.

"... You said you are... from a jungle... Tell me of your people... I may have heard a little of them..."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 6:57 pm

Aphelion crossed his arms and plopped down on the ground on his own, choosing not to sit by Leo and instead remain where he was. Scratching his chin a little, he turned to look off towards the water, opening his mouth to speak slowly, "Wootini is... what we are commonly called. We tend to keep away from people but from what I gathered while seeing if there was any information to start explanations like these from. We settled in that particular Wootinian Jungle for some generations now, that's how it got its name."

Somewhat rudely, he stretched and moved back to lay down, staring into the sky now, "We have 6 Gods that we believe to be the guardians of the jungles... and each of them carries a different style of fighting. We're brought up to be useful from our youngest years - we either fight, or we hunt. I personally don't like harming or eating animals so I passed on hunting. We live in small villages which are spread throughout the jungle to disperse our population and help us in occupying a greater amount of land. There are messengers whose tasks are to gallop between villages and carry important documents and messages. We practice polygamy, we of course marry, we're severely behind the times with technology... that's about it."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 7:21 pm

Leonius nodded, drumming his fingers on his knees. "... And what brought you... from your homeland?"

His gaze did not deviate from Aphelion, cross-referencing what he said with what little information about jungle tribes he had. Nothing connected.

"... Apologies... if that is a sensitive issue..."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 7:31 pm

Aphelion sighed and raised one arm to rub the back of his head, "It's customary at a certain age to choose which God one will train under... One. One God. We can worship six, but we HAVE to pick one. I decided against it. I wanted to pursue all six styles, all six ways of my Gods. Alas, I was not allowed it."

His voice turned slightly bitter as he continued, "I decided to ask for the solution of messenger. Secluded, I'd be almost always on the road, dashing between villages on Equinox and carrying documents. But that seemed fine, as I knew that the documents carried the teachings of arts I desired. I just took shortcuts, using free time to eat, rest and train. Up until I got bold... I took much too long breaks. Someone caught on it seems, and I was brought to trial for breaking a law, and soon to be executed. I barely escaped thanks to Equinox's devotion to my single call. And while I did escape authorities, I was never stripped of my citizenship to the village, most likely because they expect me to return someday so they could catch and kill me."

He gave off one more, sorrowful sigh, "But I won't return. Nothing is tying me to that place anymore."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:25 pm

"... I see... my condolences..." His drumming continued, but one hand rose to Leo's chin. "... Though review of your combat style... and hearing of its nature... makes me think of the Ars Anima... employed by my people... and a possible solution... to our situation with Aoife... comes to mind..."

Leonius took a deep breath, looking out to the water.

"... Few are the methods... of manumission... the regaining of the Ius Libertas that Aoife lost... One has to both pay for her contract... and she must be responsible for a notable act... in service of her Dominus or Holy Pilum itself..." The drumming stopped. "... I have been thinking... of ways it may be possible... before our time in Beacon is done... but I have neglected to consider... your side of the equation..."

Leonius said little more, merely turning his head, to look at Aphelion again.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 8:30 pm

Aphelion turned his head to look at Leo, listening to his explanation. As you may realize, most of the terminology went by him unconsidered, though he did gather the basic gist of what the metal man was saying.

He pulled himself up until he was sitting once more, facing Leonius, "I am listening to what you're proposing." he said, eyes fixated on Leo with determination.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:18 pm

"... Several possibilities come to mind... to free Aoife... first involves an old loophole... in the service to Holy Pilum clause... One that is known... acknowledged... to the point of practically being law..." Leo's gaze did not deviate. "Your martial arts... and how you merge aura and action... is something Fortuna Labs... would very much like to study... for Ars Anima development purposes... Spun properly... for support among the scientists and assistants... of a proud warrior... trying to win his beloved's freedom... the Senate can be persuaded that such an act by you... on her behalf... is enough to qualify her for manumission..."

A finger rose. The first.

"... Second... involves the arena... the Pilorum love to watch a good fight... and in a yearly tournament, Barbarians with the blessing... of a Patrician patron... may enter for competition alongside Pilorum fighters... Your style of fighting is... to Pilorum eyes... exotic and interesting... and can turn the crowd to your favor... but the important thing stands... that the champion of the arena... may ask the Senate for a boon... Including manumission... There are several Servus gladiators... who asked for their own... or that of a beloved... You could fight... for Aoife's freedom..."

Another finger rose.

"... Third... is not so much... of a solution... Aoife is Pilorum now... A Servus... but Pilorum... The superiority complex... of my people is not so great... that we deny the 'worthy' immigration... as higher members of society... Even some as Patricians... You can probably arrange... for Pilorum citizenship... as a Plebian... Depending on assessment... I may even be able to offer you a place... within the Great House Decimus... either as a bottom-ranked new Seat... or arrange for one of my subordinates... to adopt you as an heir... In either case... I would be able to sell Aoife's contract to you... and from there... we no longer have a time limit..."

A third finger rose. No more followed.

"... What comes to mind... hearing these thoughts... Aphelion?"
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 9:34 pm

Aphelion thought for a moment, tensing his muscles a little bit and stretching before starting to visibly tap the ground in consideration. Finally, when he was ready, he spoke.

"First, I'd give up my health, fighting and aiming to win or at least not die in battle." Aphelion raised one finger, much like Leonius was moments before, "If that doesn't work, I'll give up my secrets and let those science people or whatever research me. Even if I lost my aura should be curious enough." he raised the second finger to copy Leonius, "And, well, if I have to give up my nationality too... I suppose I'll do that if nothing else."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 12:48 am

Leonius nodded. "... I expected... as much..."

Leo's gaze returned to the water, and his hands behind his back as he turned more fully away from Aphelion.

"... It will be some time... regardless... before the tournament... or I regain the political capital I have spent... fighting the Senate... either through victory... or the natural stabilizing effect of Pilorum politics... So an immediate response... was not required..." He took a deep breath, letting it out as a low hiss. "... Your incident with Fayza... judging by my interception of that video she sent..." he glanced back at Aphelion, punctuating the fact that he knew, "... was some time ago... I am curious... why you did not confront me... or barring such due to fear... ask Aoife about it..."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:27 am

Aphelion looked at Leo, blushing slightly when he was told his 'incident' with Fayza was seen by him. Averting his gaze slightly, he scratched his chin as he started to think of a proper answer. After a while of thinking, his reasons all condensed into a simple phrase.

"Ignorance is bliss."
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 3:42 am

"Including being ignorant of a fourth option?"

Leonius snarled as Fayza made her presence known, slingshotting in from stars know where, skidding to a halt between Leonius and Aphelion. "Depart... nomad... Your presence is unnecessary... and unwelcome..."

"@&#$ off, Spearchucker." Fayza's stance was that of someone who seemed to expect a fight, and she looked Leonius square in the visor. "@&#$in' tell him. You Spearchuckers are supposed to be all about open information."

"There is nothing... To tell him."

"@&#$ YOU!" Fayza stamped her foot, turning to Aphelion. She shot one glance over her shoulder. "And also that @&#$ing video wasn't for you." Her eyes went back to Aphelion. "Unum contra Unum. One of their customs. You can challenge him to single combat and he can be forced to relinquish Aoife to you if you win."

"Not... an option..." Leonius crossed his arms. "And your knowledge of... the relevant laws and customs... is sorely lacking... The same can be said of most areas of knoweldge... nomad..."

"STOP EAVESDROPPING!!" Fayza turned back, glancing at Aphelion.
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:10 am

Aphelion listened to the pair's conversation calmly. Admittedly, he calmed himself a little by fixating his eyes on Fayza's generous chest. His brow scrunched up slightly while he processed the information now available.

"Well, if Fayza is lacking in the knowledge..." Aphelion slowly approached the girl, hands relaxing and forming fists alternatively, "Why not explain to me in further detail, Leonius? You have my curiosity... and, y'know... depending on what I hear I mightn't even get absolutely pissed that you withheld this information."

Gently, Aphelion wrapped his arms around Fayza's waist and pulled her down to sit on his lap, breathing systematically to make sure he doesn't blow up... metaphorically.
Back to top Go down
Vox

Vox

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:21 am

Leonius growled, growing louder in it as Fayza giggled. Her hand reached Aph's thigh, and she started stroking his leg. "Unum Contra Unum... a declaration or challenge to a duel... may only be requested Inter Sancta... Amongst Pilorum."

"Literally, I think that means 'Only people with souls.' @&#$in' Spearchuckers." Fayza spat to the side, glaring at Leonius, but her fingers brushed at Aph's knee.

"Incorrect..." Leonius hissed, crossing his arms. "But as you are Barbarorum... you cannot initiate Unum Contra Unum... and even if you were Pilorum... I could, and would, refuse... I am a Patriarch. Declaration or acceptance of a duel... is determined by the higher ranked individual... And none outrank a Patriarch... And I would refuse the duel... because there is nothing to be gained from it."

Leonius shrugged, ignoring Fayza's glare.

"IF you were victorious... and judging by available combat data that is... a very narrow possibility... you would have ownership of Aoife... but the legal mechanisms for her to be freed... would be gone..."

Fayza sunk her fingernails into Aph's thigh, turning her head to whisper to him. "I know a guy who knows a guy..."

Another growl issued from Leo's throat. "... And third... Unlike if you were to... become Pilorum and I were to just gift Aoife's contract... to you... declaration of Unum Contra Unum requires... Par Pignus... A proper wager... if material is placed on the line... such as a Servus' contract..." His arms relaxed, and he looked Aphelion in the eye. "... You lack anything that would legally qualify... No, the horse does not qualify..."

Fayza spoke up. "You listened to my little... confession. I know you did. There's no way you weren't monitoring the firebird during our little game of Truth or Dare."

"... What of it?"

"I'll put a name to the story. Gaius Publii Stolo. And I have his sigil." She returned Leo's glare, then whispered to Aph. "Now ask him about Duo Contra Unum... He's right, sweetie, he'll absolutely tear your asshole open in a fight." She glanced back at Leo, looking him over briefly, and continued. "... possibly literally. He IS a Spearchucker... But I am an Upperclassman."
Back to top Go down
Aphrodisiac

Aphrodisiac

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:35 am

"Duo Contra Unum?" Aphelion asked Fayza, well loud enough for Leo to hear, before turning to face the iron giant, "What is that?" he directed this one more clearly at Leo, his hug around Fayza tightening slightly to calm himself further. Even more ways I wasn't told about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Caged Bird (Closed)   About the Caged Bird (Closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About the Caged Bird (Closed)
Page 1 of 1