RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Featherfall [closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Obscene Symphony

Location : The White Fang headquarters. We need a better vacuum.

PostSubject: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:34 pm

The Emerald forest had a serenity to it that was worthy of fairy tales. However even with such calm, so many Grimm lurked between the huge trees that students often came to train, honing their skills in the form of dismembering and killing the creatures of Grimm.

This is what Alicia was doing now. She crept through the trees, stepping gingerly and silently on the branches and keeping a vigilant eye on the ground below. With Hiljainen at the ready, Alicia watched for movements like the predatory bird she shared her DNA with. Her wings were splayed out either side of her, twitching every now and then to keep her balance. This was one of the few places where her wings were more of an asset than a hinderance.

But as watchful as she was, Alicia wasn't known for her patience. That's why she was so delighted to see a large Ursa lumber out from thick brush and snort through the grass directly below her tree. Wings shivering with anticipation and energy, she waited until the Ursa was directly under her tree before jumping. She stretched her wings out and flapped a few imps to slow her fall, readying the lengthened Hiljainen blade for a strike and intending to land on the creature's back.

((I figure you character can steal her kill or something. I don't know, haha))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:14 pm

David flew through the air as his wings guided him. The sound of his jets screeched through the sky. He looked down at the red forest and saw a black figure. Pay day! David had been out hoping to get a few kills. He wasn't about to let Sam get that bonus this month. He soon came crashing down in front of the creature, before raising his hand canon to it's head and firing at it. The cyborg sat there and watched for a few seconds as the end of his barrel let off some smoke. He smiled as he saw that the pelt was still intact.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:31 pm

As she fell, Alicia just barely noticed fast movement out of the corner of her eye. Growling, she opened her wings fully and turned, gliding away quickly with the help of her semblance, just as the Ursa's head exploded behind her. She used her momentum to loop around (thankfully the trees didn't press so close as to inhibit flight) and landed in a low crouch, Hiljainen pointed threateningly toward the newcomer. Her wings were fully extended, and turned so the outer patterns showed forward, effectively flipping her wings upside-down. An angry and alarmed screech rose in her throat, sounding eerily like an owl, as her vocal chords were similar.
After a second, she composed herself, and relaxed a bit, but didn't move. "What the hell?!" She called, having looped and landed close to the new guy. She noted the mechanical wings, inwardly scoffing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:43 pm

David's eye brow rose. "Sorry I need cash and this thing is my bonus this week." He said as he slipped his knife out, and cut into it. He sat there removing the pelt. "I would like to apologize ma'am. Sorry for kill stealing. TUT TUT!" He called out. Soon a high screech could be heard. David held out his robotic arm as a barn owl of his own landed on his arm. "Hey little fela." He said as he gently petted its head. The bird soon looked over at the girl and tilted it's head. It's robotic eye stared at the girl and it just softly hooted. "How are JR?" He asked the owl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:56 pm

Alicia tilted her own head and stood, folding her wings back into a comfortable position and lowering her weapon. She sighed. "Fair enough..."
She was about to "fly" (if using her semblance to fly counted) back up into the branches when a high screech made her jump, wings flaring before settling once again. A barn owl, of all things, landed on the robotic arm of the kill thief, and hooted at her.
Before she could stop herself, Alicia hooted back, voice going oddly low as she worked the enhanced pitch she so rarely used. She stared at it for a moment, her mannerisms reminiscent of it's, before snapping herself out of it.
Clearing her throat, she glanced between the owl and the guy and said, "Sorry, uh, yeah just try and watch out for other huntspeople when you're about to strike, got it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:04 pm

David smiled at her and nodded. "Sure, might I ask your name?" He said asked politely. He dug the knife into the Ursa as he grabbed the pelt of it's naked body. He soon saw a field mouse by his foot. He put his boot on its tail, as he bent over and grabbed it. With a flick of the wrist he tossed it to JR, and the owl bit down on it eating it in one bite. It hooted back after it ate its meal. "Looks like JR found a friend." He said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:10 pm

Alicia glanced at her wings, as if scolding them for being the physical manifestation of her mannerisms and at fault for making her space out. When he asked her name, she looked him over critically for a moment, before deciding that knowing her name wasn't going to be of any disadvantage to her. After all, she wasn't exactly hard to find, even without knowing her name ("Have you seen a girl with wings?").
Switching Hiljianen to her left hand, she held out her right. "Alicia, you?"
At the guy's other comment, she just glanced at the owl and at her wings again, watching the owl swallow a mouse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:20 pm

"David a pleasure to meet you Alicia." He said with a smile. He didn't even seem to care or mind she was a faunus at all.. He looked over at JR who looked to have eaten the mouse now. "I'll see you back at the dorms. Hut Hut." He said as the bird took off from his arm. He then smiled as he grabbed his knife and folded up the pelt. "Ic status update on left wing." He asked no one in particular. A screen shoot down in front of his eye. [It seems fine....for now. You need to fix that area when you get back.] "Thanks ic." He said as he put the pelt in his bag. He then had his left wing open up and he looked over the broken feather. That's going to be a hazard if I fight. He hit a button above the feather and it dropped to the ground with a thud. He picked it up and looked it over.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:28 pm

Alicia nodded. He hadn'd made any jabs toward her wings, so e could be assumed as a faunus-friendly person. A point in his favour, then.
Suddenly he was talking to no one in particular, then thanking them. Crazy? Her doubts were unfounded when a metal feather dislodged itself from his artificial wings and he picked it up to examine it. So, he was talking to his jet pack weapon thing? She could understand that.
"Hey, can I take a look at those wings?" She asked, eyeing the interesting spin on a weapon. She had always had a fascination for interesting weapons, and the addition of mechanical wings only piqued her curiosity further.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:59 pm

David looked up and smiled. "Sure." He said as he removed his pack, and handed it to her. When it would open she would see his wings were based off the barn owl's or more specifically his barn owl's. The wings we're made of a light metrical and were extremely flexible. To add to the strength of the wings though David had laced them with a small trace of steel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:13 pm

Alicia took the pack gingerly, jumping a bit when it opened. David had made it pretty accurately to the frame of a real bird's wings, along with engines to help him fly. Of course, it wasn't like he could get off the ground under flapping power with all of that weight. She noted that the metal feathers were razor sharp, easily used as a weapon. "And you can fly with these..." she said, more a statement to herself than a question.
She raised an eyebrow, handing the apparatus back to David. "Care to demonstrate?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:29 pm

David nodded as he took back the pack. He slipped it one and jumped into the air. As he did his jets turned on and he hovered in air for a second or two, before his facemask closed down over his face. He soon shot into the sky.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:55 am

Alicia watched him go, and smirked, crouching. She raised her wings and jumped, flapping down as she did so. Where she wouldn't be able to get off the ground by flapping alone, her semblance kicked in to carry her momentum upward.
Once she passed the trees, she flapped a few times, adding her semblance to pick up the pace. In a few seconds she matched David's speed, wings spread wide, flapping every now and then to keep her trajectory forward and not down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:40 pm

David looked over at the girl and waved. He looked at his jets as he stopped and hovered in the air. "Nice, tell me how are you flying? I understand that birds have hollow bones, but I'm sure you don't." He said as his wings flapped periodically. He crossed his arms and waited for a response patently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:45 pm

Alicia saw him wave and waved back, doing a spin midair and giving another burst of her semblance to keep her glide going, along with another flap to keep her trajectory straight. When David slowed, however, Alicia had to circle downward and land.
After coming to a graceful stop on a high branch, she cupped her hands around her mouth and called up to David. "To answer your question," she shouted up, "I use my Semblance! I can't hover though!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 pm

David lowered down to where she was and smiled under his helm. His helm retracted and revealed his head again. "Thoughts?" He asked the wings grasped the tree allowing him to hang in the air, as if he was sitting. He just smiled at her and waited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:25 pm

Alicia looked at the wings again, and the engines that drove them. "Impressive," she said, nodding, "But not the real thing." She smirked and spread one wing out to the side. She felt oddly satisfied, and her mood had increased, so happy was she to have the opportunity to 'fly' once again after so long stuck in buildings and school grounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 pm

David smiled. "You lucky lady. My uncle had wings like that. I'm the first of my family to fly without real wings or a giant engine." He smiled. "Well Uncle twice removed." He said with a child like smile. He looked her wings over and smiled. "Such lovely wings indeed. Well I have to get back to school before I'm late....again. Once I'm in the sky it's hard to get me out of it." He said smiling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Alicia nodded, interested in David's heritage. The first of his line not to be an avian faunus? No wonder he was so nice.
Checkling st the compliment, her wings shook a bit, fluffing up and back down again, as if they were separate creatures flattered by the compliment. "Thanks, your's aren't so bad yourself, for machines. Not that they aren't impressive."
She looked around as David talked about getting back to school. "Yeah, I'm the same way. Something about it, you know?" Checking to make sure Hiljainen was securely in place, she nodded once again and said, "Yeah, I should probably head back too. Team stuff, you know the sort." Grinning deviously, she raised her wings and readied herself to jump. "Tell ya what, ten Lien says I get back to Beacon first!" Always one for gambling, her eyes glinted with excitement at the thought of a bet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:00 pm

David smiled. "Sure. We go when the time changes." He said looking at his watch. "3....2..." As he spoke his wings go ready and his helm collapsed over his face. He made his hand a finger as he got into position. and as soon as he made a fist. He was off his jet at the same power as before as he flew earlier. He smiled as he looked for her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:28 pm

Alicia laughed and took off, starting with a powerful jump and flap and pushing herself with a burst of momentum from her semblance, singeing her into the air. Her wings and tail feathers made their subconscious adjustments to aim her toward Beacon and she gave an extra push of semblance to send her careening past David, hooting and hollering with the joy of speed and flight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:54 pm

David smiled as he kicked up the power on his jets. He soon went flying past Alicia laughing. He was enjoying himself as he flew through the air. He looked up as he flew over the forest. He was having extremely lot of fun. He loved the feeling of the rushing air on his body as he flew.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Alicia matched David's challenge with one of her own. She made sure her trajectory was straight and gave a powerful burst of semblance momentum, sending her rocketing forward, wings folded close for speed and spinning. After passing him, she levelled herself and spread her wings wide, letting her speed and the shape of the wings create their own lift, so she could glide.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:49 pm

David just smiled as she flew by him. He then flew straight up to high level, before cutting the engine. He then dived to the ground. He pulled up and glided past her with the speed he had gained.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:08 pm

Alicia saw David's dive manoeuvre, and smiled. Now she'd really have some fun.
With some difficulty, she aimer herself upward and gave a few quick bursts of momentum to get herself higher. She was aimed almost straight up, and when she crested her ascent and began to fall, she folded her wings in close and dove, keeping them open just enough to go forward with the dive, instead of straight down.
She could see Beacon, and see that they had gone higher than the cliffs in their dives. With their trajectory, they would probably land on the cliffs, and as Alicia gained on David, she could see it was going to be close. She folded her wings closer, pulling ahead, but it would be a close finish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Featherfall [closed]    

Back to top Go down

Featherfall [closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next