RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:58 am

Alex stifled a small laugh. "You're such a sweet talker, Alonso." Following his lead, they continued to dance with such elegance and grace that they began to catch the attention of onlookers.  "The Academy's great.  I'm meeting lots of new and interesting people.  I haven't really been on a mission yet beyond the training exercises, and those are starting to get a little old."  Alex did another twirl.  "So how are things for you?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xariasfury55
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:36 am

"Well, after a year doing a couple of stuff with my teammates I guess I could say it's been pretty productive." He said without missing a step. "I've learned a lot since I first came to Beacon and I've gotta say it's not always fun and games. But since this is one of the rare opportunities that I get to go out I'd like to know more about you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:04 am

Alexandra listened intently to Alonso. Hearing him explain how the business him has kept him out of town, she could sympathize. After all, she was also a student and didn't have much time out of the academy. "Alonso, I'll let you ask me anything," she paused a little bit and with her alluringly faint smile, said "but not when we're dancing. Let's not waste a good slow dance." She stayed close in his arms.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
xariasfury55
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:15 am

"Ahh but of course. Why waste a dance with a few petty questions." he said, taking his partners' request into consideration. As the music played he started to feel more relaxed and closes his eyes, almost forgetting about the event itself and practically fall into a trance of some sort. Just like how some musicians get absorbed in their music, Alonso gets absorbed with his dance. Despite not seeing where he was going his experience taught him well enough to be able to not miss a single step as long as his partner could keep up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:02 pm

Together, they continued the dance as perfection incarnate. To one another, they said nothing. They didn't need to, for their movements spoke for them, each step echoing the curious fascination they had for one another. Alex though to herself. Certainly, she wasn't enamored with this man. She had just met him, and she didn't really know much about him. Still, there was something just so charming about him. Perhaps it was the way he carried himself as he danced that completed the picture of the refined gentleman that every daughter of the old families were taught to look for. She wanted to know. Is this just a facade, or is he for real?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TJ

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:37 pm

After being called babe again, Natalie was not all the pleased to also hear that Matt had absolutely no idea that this ball would involve dancing. Holding back herself from yelling at him, she gritted her teeth while addressing him. "What do you mean, you didn't know?" Her other hand had placed it self on Matt's arm, giving him a hard squeeze like he was some stress-relief ball. "Maybe, if you would have actually read the notes, you would of realized that."

Natalie took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself down, slowly releasing her vice grip on Matt's arm. 'Alright... calm down... maybe I can walk him through it...' She didn't like the idea she had formed in her head. With how Matt was, it would probably be impossible to manage that. "Fine, guess we just won't dance." She said with a pout, obviously displeased that she wasn't going to have a chance for a dance.

"If someone asks why, we'll just have to say you hurt your foot or something." Of course that meant he would have to have a bit of a limp. "Good thing you won't have to act it." She lifted her inside foot up slightly as she readied to smash the spike of the heel into his feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:20 am

"You move so stiffly, Alicia," Lí comments as he leads her through the slow, swaying rhythm of the dance. For a brief moment, he glances down, and recognition dawns as he realizes the likely inhibitor. The avian faunus had stated herself to be uncomfortable just standing in the heels she had brought for the occasion, let alone walking or even dancing. "And I think I know why. Why don't you show off how graceful you really are?" he suggests, pitching his tone at the end to add a layer of challenge to it, hoping to goad her into it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://into-shadows-rwby.forumotion.com/forum
Obscene Symphony

Location : The White Fang headquarters. We need a better vacuum.

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:49 pm

Alicia rolled her eyes at Lí, and sighed. "Fine," she said, dragging out the word, "I'll get rid of them."
She reached down and pulled one shoe off, then the other, revealing horrible three-inch stiletto heels. She tossed them under a nearby chair and closed her eyes for a second, savouring the relief. In the heels, she stood about five-foot-eight, and without them she was a staggering five-five. She had to readjust her stance with Lí to accommodate her shorter-than-average height, but she was far lighter on her feet now, moving more freely even though it was obvious she had no idea what she was doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:39 pm

The girls surprisingly strong grip made him break character, the two momentarily looking like siblings having an argument as Matt's mouth opened wide in pain from the death grip he suddenly received. Wincing as those fingers dug into his suit sleeve, he'd lean into the younger girl for a moment, hearing the anger in her hissing as she spoke to him through clenched teeth like a mother would to a disobedient child. He'd nod repeatedly, silently pleading as that grip loosened over time. With how hard she had him by the arm, it had almost felt like Matt had his blood pressure checked, feeling the tingling sensation down his arm as the flow of blood returned down it.

He'd sigh as she disappointedly remarked about the dancing, dodging a bullet... until the girl's lifting heel and new idea was spoken. The sight of those well polished shoes seemed to shine extra bright at sight of the long heel now lifting in his view, his foot in prime stomping distance. Without wanting to feel any more of the Faunus' fury, Matt would reply, "Wh-waitwaitwait... Let's- ahaa, let's not be to hasty." He'd pant a bit, stepping out of the way as he moved in front of her, adjusting his suit as he smoothed his sleeve out.

'I can't believe I have to do this...' Clearing his throat, he'd look around him nervously, out of the rampaging path of his teammate and right into the fire as other people began to brush past them toward the floor. "Natalie... Would you... like... to dance?" His hand would come out, almost having to work double to force the facade he promised to keep for the affair, a hand being held out toward her as he gave a bow and lifted by motioning toward the dance floor. Matt struggled to keep a genuine face with the threat of heels and death grips to deal with, more nervous for his life than for the act at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:18 pm

Lí watches Alicia as she removes her heels, an amused grin forming as she simply stands still for a moment, undoubtedly savoring the relief of being free of such discomfort. When she returns, and they resume dancing, his grin grows slightly more, finding the greater fluidity in her steps to be far more enjoyable to be joined with. "Is this not better than dancing in discomfort?" he asks, a more confident tone in his voice than before. Even though her movements follow his, he can't help but find a powerful allure in them, and so comments, "There we go, you move so beautifully, now."
Back to top Go down
TJ

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:02 am

Natalie's foot came down swiftly towards Matt's foot, narrowly missing its mark. She let out a humph as they broke away for a second, probably appearing as a bit of a couple's dispute between the two. She crossed her arms and pouted like she was some kind of typical princess. 'This was a bad idea... why did I think I could get Matt of all people to pull this off...' She lowered her head a bit, showing her obvious frustration building up a little.

The thoughts of doubt and frustration that clouded Natalie's mind was cleared away for a second when she noticed Matt's hand in front of her. 'Wait... is he really doing that?' Natalie blushed a little unintentionally as he asked her to dance. Realizing her face was a little warm, she looked away as she reached her hand out to him. "A-alright, but if you mess this up, you won't be walking out on your own..."

Trying her best to make it look like it was Matt leading them to the dance floor, she considered herself a little lucky that most of the songs were good for slow dancing. Taking his hand and placing her other on his shoulder, she leaned in a gave him a few directions. "Alright..." She gulped for a second before continuing, not liking where he'd have to place his hand. "You need to place you hand on the small of my back."

"Okay... Now just follow my lead. Just listen for the beat and step with me. Got it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:33 pm

At Lí's comment about discomfort, Alicia rolled her eyes and shook her head in humorous exasperation. "Yeah, you were right," she shrugged, "But you can't say they weren't pretty." She held a straight face for a second, then laughed. "Or at least, that's what my friend said. Personally, if they hurt to walk in then they're not worth having."
She danced with Lí another second in silence, and chuckled when he complimented her. "If you think this movement is good, you should see me when I'm not wearing this dress."
It took a moment for Alicia to remember the possible complicates of that sentence. Wait, I mean, in my combat gear! No constricted movement!" Her cheeks flushed, and she cursed them for it, and her eyes dashed around for anything other than Lí that she could focus on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:54 am

Lí smiles at her admission of greater comfort, and it flashes into a grin at her comment about not being worth having. When she moves on to her movements without the dress, though, he breaks out into a muffled laughter, still guiding her through his slow, simple dance as she tries to look anywhere other than at him. After his laughter dies down, he looks back to her, still smiling merrily, and says, "While I'm sure it would be a delight to see all the natural beauty you must possess, I assure you, I have no intent of seeing you in a state of undress without your desire for that to happen."
Back to top Go down
AzureAzure

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:01 am

Felt the temperature increase in the room ten fold as Natalie lead them onto the dance floor, a nervous tug given at his collar as the Faunus soon got too close for comfort. It was one thing to hold hands... but dance? He'd watch around other people on the floor, trying to pick up a hand placement that didn't seem to intimate before his partner suggested it: the lower back. Carefully he'd reach behind, placing it gingerly against the small of the girl back, taking queues from the music on when to start as he glanced around.

As awkward as he felt, his mission was to make it look believable. Nodding down at Natalie, he'd lift her arm and carefully take the first few steps after, a little rhythmically challenged... As long as she wasn't looking to attempt anything fancy, he could deal with this. "Any sight of your parents yet?" He'd whisper, eyes shifting about the crowd to look for any kind of resemblance to the girls features.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:53 pm

Alicia laughed slightly, yet somehow darkly. "Oh don't worry, if you tried anything like that against my will, you'd be dead." She passed off the comment as if it were oh-so-casual and not a possible death threat in the slightest, glancing around nonchalantly. After a second she tisked and frowned slightly, raising an eyebrow up at Lí. "You talk so formally," she commented sarcastically, "Are you an aristocrat or something? I mean, damn." A smile cracked her mouth then, to show that her comments weren't meant offensively.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xariasfury55
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:05 am

Opening his eyes once again Alonso notices the song near it's end. "Ahh, we have but a fleeting moment before the song ends and we head back." He said, smiling at Alex before pulling her a bit closer, gradually slowing down the rate of their dance. "Let us end this gently with no more flashy endings, with nothing else in the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Alex looked up at Alonso and thought, "Already?". Looking at him, she jested, "No flashy ending? Am I not dancing with Alonso anymore?" She matched his pace and followed his lead, as was proper. Their steps were gracefully uncomplicated and clean, perfect for ending the song with just a simple, but deep statement of their connection.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xariasfury55
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:59 pm

"I have many ways of dancing, my dear. Even someone like me can be gentle." Alonso said, without missing a step. "Though I can make a few 'fireworks' for the finale if you wish. It'll give a nice ambiance to the room anyhow." Slowly but surely a few swords start manifesting above Alonso and Alex, their tips pointed diagonally upward as they slowly revolved around the two, glowing with an eerie red glow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:28 pm

"Oh no, you didn't have to," said Alex apologetically. "I was just teasing." She watched the ambient swords slowly manifest, and though she initially did not mean to ask for Alonso to make something, she was glad he did, because it did make the dance feel all the more special.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Lí smiles slightly brighter at Alicia's question, still guiding her along those simple steps on the floor. "I prefer to think I speak with eloquence, rather than formality," he answers, looking her directly in the eyes to help convey that he's being serious, despite the levity of her question. "We live in such a crass, vulgar world, why should we not strive to set ourselves above, if only on personal mannerisms?" he rhetorically asks in return, another slight challenge in his tone.
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Alicia nodded, but matched his argument with her own. "Because I'm not above, or better than, anyone else, and neither are you or anyone here. No matter how much they think so." She cast a look around to the posh guests. Many of them probably had money and power, and it was easy for such things to go to someone's head.
A bit of the intensity fell away from her face then, her mood lightening slightly. "And besides, I like my 'colourful' vocabulary. Makes me more expressive, you know?"
She noticed the song coming to a close, but made no move to wind the dance down, mostly just unsure how to smoothly end it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xariasfury55
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:59 am

As the song slowly comes to an end Alonso gently draws Alexandra closer, carefully doing so in a manner that their feet don't step on each other. As the last measure plays, he goes over her shoulder and whispers, "Do you want to see the fireworks now?" A gentle but emotionally powered tone in his voice as he says it before drawing back to his former position, eyes locked on to hers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:18 am

Anticipating the closing of the song, Alexandra answered sweetly, "I would love to," as Alonso leaned in.  She locked eyes with Alonso, just as he had is eyes lock on her, and she smiled as they danced that last line with a slow grace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xariasfury55
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:49 am

"Close your eyes." Alonso whispered as the song drew to a close. Pulling Alex closer he leans in for a kiss as the swords he manifested explode in shower of sparks and energy, lighting up the whole ball room with an eerie glow which slowly dims out until only the moonlight is left shining on the dancers. Onlookers would stare with awe at the spectacle and clap as the last note is played signifying the end of the song.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wei Tzu
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:03 pm

Lí considers her words a few moments, and nods in understanding, if not agreement. "Perhaps we are inherently the same, at our basest nature, but I believe it is through our moral standards, and personal conduct, that we may set ourselves apart. I make no claim to being a paragon of virtue, but I can confidently say I will hold those with no prejudices in a higher regard than those with them." As the song comes to a close, and the crowd breaks into applause, Lí pulls away from Alicia with a flourish, gesturing toward her as a compliment to her apparent inate dancing ability, as well as hopefully keeping attention from himself.
Back to top Go down
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Alexandra wasn't expecting Alonso to move in for a kiss, but thinking about it briefly in retrospect, she realized that she did unwittingly lead him on with her answer. "Well, there's no going back now," she thought to herself. She had lead him on and she couldn't turn him down now, especially with him going the extra effort in front of so many people. But the more she thought about it in that brief moment, the more she found herself drawn in, an inexplicable desire urging her on. Alexandra closed her eyes and moved in close. Their lips met, a brief but endlessly atemporal moment of passion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Obscene Symphony

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:18 pm

Alicia wasn't entirely sure what Lí meant, but she nodded anyway, and finished the dance with him smoothly.
Looking around quickly, she blushed a bit, noticing people clapping. Of course they weren't clapping for her, but it was still embarrassing either way. She smiled at Lí and took his hand, half-shaking it.
"Thanks for the dance, and he drink." Her feathers fluffed up and smoothed themselves down again. She looked around and saw the coat check, just past what she now saw was the refreshment table. "I'm going to go put my shoes in the check," she said sweetly, "See you around."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]   

Back to top Go down

One step at a time. Moonlit Ball. [CLOSEDish]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next