RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Alicia Ryan

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Location : The White Fang headquarters. We need a better vacuum.

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:40 pm

CHARACTER

Name: Alicia (Ah-lee-see-ah) Phoenix Ryan

Species: Faunus (Barn Owl)

Emblem:
This:

Appearance:

Alicia is a thin, strong girl, standing at about 5’5” with long arms and legs. Her medium-long hair is golden blonde with light highlights and darker blonde lowlights, all natural. Littered throughout her hair are downy feathers that puff up slightly when she is alarmed or cold. There is one feather on the left side of her head that is longer than the rest, hanging out like a decoration. She wears her hair in a ponytail 99% of the time. She has large, golden brown eyes that reflect light in the dark. Her skin is lightly tanned with several sunspots on her arms and one larger one on her left jaw joint. Her face has an intense, intelligent and calculative look to it, and her stares are piercing.

Probably the most notable traits for Alicia are the huge wings that sprout out of her back. Her wingspan is about 15 feet (each wing being around 7 and a half, depending on feather growth), and her wings have the patterning of the aforementioned barn owl. When folded, her wingtips reach her ankles and the joints sit at about head level. She also has a tail and tail feathers growing out of her tailbone, with about a four foot span when fully extended (meaning her longest tail feathers are about 1 and a half to 2 feet).    

When not in combat, Alicia tends to wear altered shirts and hoodies, often a specific dark blue hoodie, and low-waist leggings to allow for her tail.
Her combat gear is reminiscent of steampunk meets SNK. She wears a brown leather balero with small, brass-coloured armour plates on the shoulders, shaped like steampunk mechanical wings. Under this she wears a white, lace up shirt with brass lace holes. Her pants are black, and her knee-high brown leather boots have matching brass buckles to the jacket and the same wing-shaped plating on the ankles/heels. There are gears placed all over the outfit in key points such as buttons and buckles. Accompanying almost all outfits she wears are a pair of black fingerless gloves with kevlar knuckles to protect her knuckles from her semblance-strengthened punches.

History:

Alicia was raised within an almost exclusively faunus community with her two loving parents (her father was an eagle faunus and her mother a hawk) and her younger brother by two years, Jay (a blue jey). It was very pleasant, and she was a very happy child. When she was about five, a group of faunus-hating humans raided the area, attacking and brutalizing several of its residents. Many were injured, and some killed. During this attack, she and Jay were told to reconvene at a place in the nearby forest, and that their parents would meet them there. On the way, however, Jay got separated from her, and she was forced to run to the meeting place alone. While her parents made it hours later, she never saw Jay again.
She and her remaining family, and many residents of the ruined village, sought refuge with the White Fang when they came to their village's aid. Many, including Alicia and her parents, remain allied with them to this day, though she has been growing skeptical of their more violent actions and motives. Before being sent to Beacon, she protested and ought with them, and is sometimes still called into duty. She keeps her mask in a box in her closet.
Despite her alliance with the White Fang, Alicia foes not hate all humans, and though she does have a healthy distrust of them, she knows that not all people are the same, and the same goes for humans.

Personality:

Alicia is a bit of an intense person at first, intimidating to some. But once someone takes time to get to know her, they’ll find an intense and interesting person beneath all those feathers. She’s a bit hard to impress, though, so suitors be warned. She’s very, very into combat training and technique, not just an interest but nearly an obsession of hers. By no means antisocial, she tends to be on the quiet side around new people or large groups.
She’s also very jumpy, eyes always scanning and she’ll be startled at sudden noise or movement. She always likes to be in a high place, and likes a clear view of her surroundings. She can be flighty, but she’s also stubborn and protective, and once challenged, she’s unlikely to back down. She greatly values victory, moral or physical.  
She loves the night, and is practically nocturnal, being her most productive at night.

She also tends to be a bit guarded with humans, and she often feels judged by them if they look at her wings the wrong way. She can also feel misunderstood sometimes, due to the fact that she often has it harder as a faunus (where most can hide their ears, horns or tails to avoid discrimination, she cannot hide her wings by Amy stretch of the imagination).  And god forbid, if someone were to insult hers or anyone else's faunus heritage, heads would roll.

Strengths:

Alicia is deadly quiet and stealthy, a trait adopted from her hybrid animal. Like an owl, her feathers make no sound when her wings move, and her body makes little to no sound in the same situation. She’s also quite agile and balanced.
Her aura is strong, and stronger when challenged or angered, and she’s quick to react to threats and come to the aid of her teammates.  
Along with this, she has extraordinary night vision, and excellent hearing, her faunus heritage coupled with her hybrid animal lending their abilities to her. (She’s quite light-and-sound-sensitive, though.)

Weaknesses:

Persona-wise, Alicia can often stress herself out with her attempted constant vigilance. She’s also quite headstrong, and can run into situations without thinking. She can also be blindly trusting, often willing to give her life for people who will not return the favour. She’s often blind to the fact that her devotion is not reciprocated, and she can’t find it in her to think that someone would betray her.

Physically, her wings are a weak point for her. While she can use them for slowing a fall/gliding short distances, and batting away opponents, if someone gets a hold on one, she is nearly immobilized. They are also very large and noticeable, not to mention hard to manoeuvre in tight spaces like small rooms or forests.

Semblance:

Momentum. Alicia can affect the momentum of moving objects (although she cannot do anything to stationary objects unless she physically moves them first). She can use this on objects as well as people, more on herself and her own weapons than anything else, as the more/larger things she affects, the quicker her aura drains.
Her semblance is far more effective at increasing momentum than reducing it, so she'll only try to reduce momentum if she absolutely has no other option. And no, she cannot stop bullets, only slow them down a little.
Her most common use of her semblance is speeding herself and her weapon up, but since momentum only moves one direction, she cannot change the trajectory of an object with just her semblance (things like herself or her weapon are exempt from this because she is physically in control of them. Ricochet also plays a role here). She does not repuire physical contact, however she can "charge" things this way, such as her arrows, to make them burst forward at a very high speed when released. She can also use it the normal way with contact, but doesn't need it, as her range is about a 15 foot radius around her. Beyond that her semblance is significantly weaker/nonexistent.

WEAPON

Name: Hiljainen

Primary Form:

A short, double-ended bladed spear. The blades on either end are long and curved, and can be used for thrust attacks, glancing blows via spinning, and parrying attacks. It is gold and copper coloured on the grip and shaft, and the blades are glistening steel, molded in the vague shape of wings. There are small brass gears used in the mechanics at key points like joints.

The blades on either end of Hiljainen have handles on the backs, and can be detached and used as large handheld knives. The entire spear can slide inward to be shortened, or slid outward to be lengthened. The blades can fold inward and when shortened can be carried on the back of Alicia's belt. In it's shorts form, it is about two (2) feet long. In it's longest for, it's about 6 feet long.

Secondary Form:

From the mechanical grip of the spear the limbs (the bendy bits) of a high powered recurve bow can fold out with a special flick of the arm. This fires arrows that she keeps in a hip quiver (she can't sling things over her back for obvious reasons). She has 30 thin, strong arrows in total, ten of which are explosive and ten with regular piercing power. She keeps these on a quiver strapped to her left thigh. The arrows retract into themselves to become half their length when in he quiver. They fully extend when pulled out due to friction, and click into place.

Fun fact: The fletchings of her arrows are actually her own feathers.

Tertiary Form:

As a sidearm, Alicia wears a thick leather belt with a dagger on one side and throwing knives on the other.

History:

Alicia made Hiljainen herself, aided by other members of the White Fang. It has been with her for five years, and she handles it as if it were an extension of her own body.

Last edited by Obscene Symphony on Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:21 pm; edited 26 times in total
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 10:31 am

I suggest putting limits on how fast or how strong the momentum is, also on what objects(sizes mostly) she can use them on because we can't have her controlling the momentum of extremely large objects  such as boulders or whatnot. And when you say momentum does that mean that it can only be applied to moving objects? Since: momentum = Velocity * mass; it makes sense to say that if something is stationary she can't control it (since everything has mass that won't be a problem, i guess).

Also, it would OP if she could control the momentum of other characters or their weapons, such as reducing the impact of their weapon/bullets to great extents. Maybe putting something like a range to what she could control, like things she can directly touch(including herself) or maybe  within a small radius(but that might be iffy because of oncoming attacks). You might have to add a drawback when it comes to controlling others' momentum or scrap any idea of controlling the momentum of others.

Since you're semblance regards momentum already, i think you shouldn't be using aura-formed arrows anymore and go with real arrows(gives you more choices on weaponry, don't ya think?). Don't forget to add how many she could carry and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 12:04 pm

Oh damn, I forgot to add that? Yeah, she can't affect stationary objects or anything bigger than a person, more or less. She also has a very hard time slowing things down, better at speeding things up.
I'll be sure to make those edits when I get to a computer. Thank you for the input!

EDIT I think I may just redesign her weapon, since now that I'm less sleep-deprived it doesn't seem very practical. Sorry for any confusion, I'll post when I edit!
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 4:49 pm

Alright, edits are complete!
I completely re-did her history and semblance, added a little paragraph to the end of her personality, and tweaked her weapon.
Hope this works better!
I will be adding some concept art later, but that's not an edit to her character, of course. I just have to hurry up and draw

Last edited by Obscene Symphony on Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Seems good to me. Approved +1
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 5:59 pm

Excellent! One more and I'm good to go!

Also, added an emblem and changed her hair colour from platinum and patterned to golden blonde streaked with lowlights and highlights. Also added some information in her strengths about her hearing.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I described Hiljainen in it's closed position.
("The limbs of the spear can slide inward to be shortened, or slid outward to be lengthened. The blades can fold inward and when shortened can be carried on the back of Alicia's belt. In it's shortest form, it is about two (2) feet long. In it's longest form it's about 6 feet long.")

Last edited by Obscene Symphony on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 5:28 pm

The above were the final edits, by the way. No more edits will be made.

Alright, actual FINAL edit, I changed her wingspan from 20 to 15 feet, and her tail feathers are a bit shorter as well.
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 5:20 am

Alright, fleshed out the last paragraph of personality, detailed her arrows (they contract to half their length when in the quiver) and changed her appearance from "waifish" to"strong", though she is still not large.

Those were the REAL final edits, as those details have been bothering me. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Oh, note that no important, character-changing details were changed, just some superficial information for the sake of clarity.
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 6:58 pm

Has Alicia been forgotten? :/
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Hey! Sorry for the delay.

Everything looks good, but I want to ask about one tiny detail regarding the semblance.

Does it require physical contact to use on something? If not, what's the range? Personally I'd favor the phsycial contact only, but I will leave it up to you. Make your edit and/or post here. I will leave your character unlocked until you post.

Approved!

Edit: Also, your image for your symbol isn't working properly. I checked the code and it looked right, so perhaps host the image on imgur and use that link instead. I think the facebook one isn't working right.
Back to top Go down
Obscene Symphony

Obscene Symphony

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:10 am

Oh my god excellent! And no, her semblance does not require physical contact, though she can only control the direction of an object if she has contact (sonce momentum travels in a straight line. Her range is about a 15 foot radius, and it works a bit different on her arrows (and I suppose other things she throws) since she touches them right before firing, effectively "charging" them. I figure its fair to make her arrows go extremely fast since she does not have forearms. I'll edit this in!

Alright, the emblem spoiler should be working now.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitimeThu Apr 17, 2014 4:52 pm

2/2 and moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alicia Ryan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alicia Ryan   Alicia Ryan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alicia Ryan
Page 1 of 1