RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:46 am

Pacing through the hallways of Beacon with his hand on his chin, Puniceus was lost in his thoughts. Having acquired trust and respect from his teammates and "friends" he wanted to test each and every one of them. But who to start with and how to test them? These questions spinning around in his head he entered one of the classrooms and leant against the wall. "Let's see, of all my subordinates which one to test first...? The one who's shown the most loyalty? Actually...That's it! I'll test them in order from most loyal to least loyal. So, who has been the most loyal?" He said to himself, his hand still planted firmly on his chin. After a couple of minutes of careful thought, he decided Xero would be the first one to test. But how would he go about it? He knew most of his subordinates were loyal, but he still needed to test their capabilities, how far they were willing to go to accomplish a goal. How far they were willing to go to fight for his cause.

Combing it over in his head a few more times, Puniceus decided that he would test each person by their strongest trait. But what trait had Xero shown the most to Puny? Was it Xero's loyalty itself or something else? Puniceus thought back to all the times he and Xero had interacted, during the battle against the three Ursa's Xero was the first to come to his aid and he never gave up an Puny. "He never gave up...wait...not giving up...he was persistent..." Puny's voice trailed off and evaporated into a sinister laugh. Xero's persistence. He would test Xero's persistence. A few more minutes of silence went past as Puny's brain was ticking away thinking of a test for Xero's persistence. With the plan devised he was set, now to set it in motion.

Laying in bed, Puny was waiting for the perfect moment. When all of his teammates had fallen asleep. His perfect moment having risen, Puny hopped out of bed silently and started his work. Searching around for Xero's weapons, Black Dust, Puniceus was rummaging through swiftly and quietly making %100 sure he didn't wake any-one. Puniceus finally found them and took them, sneaking out of the dorms quietly and making his way to the classrooms, where he had first come up with his test. Arriving at the classroom he used his wires to lift himself up to the top of one of the walls. Using his wires, Puny attached Black Dust to the very top of the wall. Pleased with himself, Puny snuck back into bed and drifted off to sleep, hoping that Xero would wake in the morning and notice the lack of his precious weapons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:53 pm

Morning came and Xero woke up early, before anyone else got the chance. He thought it wise to do some training seeing as he probably needed it, but when he went to grab his weapons, they were gone, no sign of them."Oh no, no no no no no nooooooooooo, where are they, where are my weapons, I left them here before I went to sleep, I cant do anything without my weapons." Xero looked around in a hurry, trying to find them, and a thought popped into his head, 'The more people I have looking, the more chance I will have of finding them.' With that, Xero bolted over to Puny's bedside and shook him violently, "WAKE UP PUNY, I need your help, my weapons are missing!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:22 pm

Almost falling off his bed from the wake up call Puniceus sat up, rubbed his eyes and yawned. Looking around blinking Puniceus noticed Xero staring up at him. Still half asleep Puny tried to answer best he could, slurring most of his words due to drowsiness. "aw, hey mann how's it goin?" Puny tried to get out of his bed, but somehow failed to do so and landed flat on his face. "Ow." Getting up and rubbing his forehead, the bags under his eyes as evident as the bruise on his forehead. This was swiftly dealt with as he swept his hair to cover it up. Turning and facing Xero now Puny was finally conscious enough to actually grasp what was going on. "So, what are you in such a panic for? It's not like you lost your weapons."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:40 am

Xero stood there, staring at Puny with a blank expression on his face,"WERE YOU NOT LISTENING, I have lost my weapons you idiot." Xero's expression slowly morphed into an expression of anger, "It was you wasn't it, you took my weapons, look at you with that smug look on your face. I mean why else would you make a comment like the one you just mad, now where are my weapons."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:38 am

'Oh great, the stage is set and all lights are on me, better give it my all.' Puny thought, still acting a little bit drowsy. After Xero lost it and started blurting out random crap Puniceus sighed. "Calm down will ya? it's obvious I wasn't listening I just woke up. Come one man, your letting your anger get the better of your judgement. I didn't know your weapons are missing, my comment was merely coincidence." Puny patted himself on the back for his semi-meaningful speech. "Don't worry about it man, we'll find your weapons. We won't find them if we stand around here like idiots though, we've got to think about this. Where would they be?"

Making it look like he was thinking about where Black Dust could be, Puniceus was instead thinking about Xero's performance so far. 'We haven't even gotten to the actual test yet and he's not looking good, is this guy really fit to join the ranks of my army?' Placing his hands on his hips and sighing Puny shook his head. "Well, I can't think of where they could be. So instead, why don't you go and search the classrooms while I take the Dorms?" Not giving Xero time to respond Puny dashed out of his room, still wearing his purple pajamas he dissapeared into the hallway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:48 pm

Xero sighed and looked down at his feet, "Your right Puny, it was just a coincidence, I understand that you were drowsy and me yelling at you was uncalled for, I'm sor..." Xero looked around, puzzled, Puny was gone, completely disappeared, but then Xero remembered what Puny had said just before he began his meaningful apology and bolted out the door after Puny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:24 am

Puny hid around the corner so Xero didn't see him as he dashed past. 'This plan is flawless, only a true mastermind could have thought it up and infact one did.' Puny laughed to himself. Keeping unnoticed, Puny silently observed Xero, seeing how long it would take him to find Black Dust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:37 am

Xero bolted through the corridors of the school, searching for his weapons, he stumbled upon a classroom that had its door already open, which was odd considering all teachers and students would still be asleep. Xero silently stepped inside and looked around for his precious weapons, he looked under desks, behind curtains, he looked everywhere. He was looking under a desk when he glimpsed something odd in the corner of his eye, he looked up and saw his weapons hanging off the top of one of the classroom walls, held in place by some wire-like objects. "Oh thank god, I found them, the only question is, how the hell do I get them down from there?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:29 am

Puny followed Xero to the classroom, somehow guessing it first go, Xero entered. Puniceus stopped at the door and hid around the corner, making sure to go unnoticed. 'Now the test begins. Will he try climbing the wall, stacking things up jumping even?' Puniceus stifled a laugh at the thought of Xero trying all of these absurd methods. Only time will tell if he passes the test or not, then and only then will Puny reveal his true intentions. For now though, Xero's trial had begun.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:14 am

Xero studied his surroundings, looking for ways to get his guns. He looked at the corner of the room, where two of the walls met. 'Maybe I could scale up that corner be spreading myself out between those two walls.' With that, Xero ran to the corner of the room and jumped, clinging to the walls as best he could, once he thought he was stable enough, he began to slowly scale the wall. After about 20 minutes of climbing, Xero was almost at his weapons. when he thought he was close enough, he reached out for his weapons, only to loose grip and slide all the way back to the ground.'DAMMIT, I was so close, i'll try it again and again if I have to, i will get my weapons.'

Xero kept trying to climb the wall, he didn't give up, but he eventually got annoyed at that technique and moved on to another. He got a run up and bolted for the corner, just before he collided with the walls, he jumped and placed his feet on the vertical wall and jumped again, springing from one wall to the other in a vicious attempt to get his weapons back. When he got far enough up the wall, he srung off towards his weapons, he pulled into a flip and reached out to try and grab his weapons, but to his dismay, his fingers slid down the barrels of his guns and he missed the grab, causing him to hurtle into a wall. After a few seconds of silence, Xero stood up from the pile of smashed marble and looked up at his guns. "GOD DAMMIT, I missed again. I'm still not gonna give up, I will get my weapons back"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:17 pm

"Is he really not fit to join my army?" Puny questioned himself, quietly. Peering into the room and watching Xero's constant struggle Puny sighed and started walking slowly back towards his room, his hands in his pockets. 'At least he's still trying.' Slumping down on his bed Puny rested his head on his hands. "Wonder how long it'll take him?"

Walking down the hallway, lost Scindo was starting to get a little worried. Hearing some noises in one of the classrooms. Walking in and seeing Xero, Scindo walked over next to him. "Hello Xero, what are you doing here this early? Classes haven't started yet."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Xero looked down from the wall he was currently halfway up, seeing Scindo standing at the door. "Oh, hi Scindo, its a long story, so ill give you the short answer, someone thought it was a good idea to put my weapons at the top of this wall. So i'm trying to get them ba..."Halfway through his sentence, Xero lost his grip and slid down the wall again, making a loud 'thud'. Xero looked at Scindo, obviously embarrassed that he had fallen down from the wall infront of her. "Haha, I guess I'm gonna have to keep trying."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:01 am

Scindo raised an eyebrow at Xero's statement. "Guess so." She sat on one of the desks while she watched Xero. 'Hard-working boy, another choice for you eh, princess?' Scindo blushed to herself, hoping Xero wouldn't notice. 'Shut up!' She tried to get the thought out of her head as she continued to watch Xero's struggle. "Don't expect me to help, but i'll offer moral support at least." Scindo said in a rather abrupt, monotone manner. She folded her left leg over her right and placed her head in her palms. "Fight!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:46 am

"Thanks for trying to provide some moral support Scindo, but I've been at this for around 20 minutes, I don't think moral support is gonna help much." With that, Xero walked backwards, getting a run up. He sprinted forward, and at the last second, he jumped, putting all his strength and energy into it, allowing him to shoot upwards like a bullet. Once he was high enough, he reached out and grabbed his guns, unhooking them from the wall and falling back down to the ground. while he was falling, he changed his guns into their naginata forms, ramming the blades into the wall to slow his decent. He stopped falling the second his weapons entered the wall. His body jerked and he slammed into the wall. "OOOOOOW, that really hurt, but atleast I got my weapons back, haha." Xero removed his weapons from the wall and dropped down to the ground, landing with a soft 'thump'. "That must have been fun for you to watch, now if you don't mind, I think I'm going to collapse, please catch me?" With that Xero began to fall forward, unconscious.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:21 am

Scindo halfheartedly watched Xero fall to the ground. Just before he hit the ground however, Fides took over control for a brief moment to catch Xero. "Not exactly the manliest person here, are you kid?" Fides joked, letting Xero hit the ground gently. With Scindo back in control, she looked up at where the weapons had been secured and saw a faint shimmer of light reflect off of something before dissapearing. Scindo stood up from the ground and kept staring, her brain ticking away trying to find out who was behind it all. 'So you do care about the boy then?''No, I don't.''Why are you going out of your way to help him then, princess?' Scindo didn't reply and simply ignored her uncle.

Meanwhile across the school, Puny was dashing through the halls full pelt, having felt his wires get destroyed. Laughing hysterically he was almost ready to shout. "He did it, he actually pulled it off!" He continued to laugh, bolting through Beacon to try and reach the classroom. Flinging the door open Puniceus was met with an intense glare from Scindo. "Nope!" Feeling the killing intent in her eyes, Puniceus started to turn around. He was stopped short however, (PUN!) as Scindo grabbed his collar and flung him back into the room, slamming the door shut and making sure to keep it that way. Laying down on the floor next to Xero, Puniceus rubbed his forehead, where he had smacked face first into the ground. "You still alive, Xero?" He joked grimly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:05 am

Xero may have been unconscious, but he could still hear everything, he heard the door burst open, and a voice that sounded like Puny's. then there was a loud 'Thump' across the romm and right next to him. "You still alive, Xero?" Puny was right next to him, and then Xero woke up and rolled on top of Puny, one of his naginata's pointed straight at Puny's throat. "Don't joke around with me Puny, I saw what was securing my weapons to that wall, they were your wires, now, TELL ME WHY YOU DID THIS BEFORE A JAM MY NAGINATA STRAIGHT THROUGH YOUR NECK! You put me through this, and even though I don't like fighting, under this circumstance, I think it might be needed."

(First post on the new page, YES!!!)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 am

"Careful there, Xero. Don't overstep your boundaries." Puny tried to sound as manipulative as possible. A sinister smile stretched across his face as his brain ticked away. Two wires burst from his shoulders and latched onto the roof, attempting to pull Xero up with him and secure Xero himself to the roof. Landing back down on the ground, Puny dusted himself off sarcastically. "Cool off, Xero. You gonna give me a chance to explain or not?" Not trying to especially piss Xero off due to his lack of weapons. 'Ah well...running's always an option.' He joked to himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 am

Puny extended two wires from his back that secured themselves to the roof. Puny then began to retract the wires, pulling himself and Xero to the ceiling. Xero turned his Naginata back into its pistol form and sliced the wires in two causing them to fade away into nothing. "Ha, you're gonna have to try better then that to keep me down."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:12 am

Puny snickered and sent out 20 wires, hopefully binding Xero's hand and legs to the wall. "Stop being a pest and let me talk for a minute, I would be more than happy to fight you any time except now. Real even fight when I don't have a weapon, don't ya think?" Puny waved his arms around in exaggerated gestures to at least try and lighten the mood. Putting on a slightly more serious look, he continued "Yes, it was me. I stole your weapons and chucked them up there. Surprised it took you that long to reach them, but I digress. I took them because I wanted to test you. See how worthy you are to join my army."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:19 am

Xero lashed out, slicing Puny's wires as they came at him. he reached the ground and threw his weapons to the floor, "Fine, you want an even fight, hand to hand combat it is then." Xero then charged at Puny with fury in his eyes. "You put me through agony by putting my weapons on that wall, I could have died by falling, I could have killed myself and it would have been your fault. I would love to join the army of yours but as you already know, I don't like to fight much, so I can't, now let me teach you a lesson!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:34 am

Puny sighed at Xero's reaction. This was getting him nowhere. It seemed that Puny had to resort to more...desperate measures. Knowing full well what it would do to him, Puny muscled on. One-Hundred and Twenty wires all burst out of Puny's back at once, forming a dome around Xero. Purposefully leaving his weapons outside the dome, Puny had to keep a constant stream of aura in each wire to make sure they wouldn't break. Falling to his hands and knee's panting, Puny was left drained. With the wires around Xero being virtually indestructible without his Black Dust Puny's only goal was to not pass out. "You...want t-to join my army...now? You won't have to kill another human...I promise."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:49 am

Xero was trapped inside a dome formed by hundreds of Puny's wires, he needed to do something fast. "I don't want to join your army, at the moment, you are forcing me to. You have me trapped inside a dome of aura, so the answer is no Puny, I wil not join your army, now let me out of here before I break out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:28 am

Laughing at Xero's answer, Puny felt a smug grin spread across his face, almost ear to ear. He turned his back and leaned up against the dome, not just to complete his smug look though, his aura was quickly depleting. "No-one ever said you had to join my army. I'm not forcing you to join, after all. Although you would make a great General your participation isn't exactly required, just know that you will be eliminated sometime down the road. The choice is yours." Finally feeling a minuscule amount of energy return to him Puny stood up properly.

Climbing up to the top of the dome, Puny decided to take a little lie down. Laying on top of the dome, his arms crossed behind his head and his legs folded over one-another he sighed. "You know, I would love to see you try and break out. With me still conscious there's no way you're getting out. The aura surrounding you is virtually indestructible." Giving off a small laugh of self accomplishment Puny stared up at the ceiling. 'That's right Xero, you've fallen right back into my trap. A second test of your persistence. My plan is complete.' Puny thought, pulling out his scroll to mindlessly tap away out of boredom, hopefully giving Xero the extra little push.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZyxNova

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:53 am

'He said I would make a good General, and that makes the offer extremely tempting, and if I decline, I will be killed anyway and I wont even see it coming.' Xero pondered about Puny's offer, but before he could make a decision, a voice began to speak to him, it was Varun. 'Xero, don't listen to him, if you decline, he wont be able to kill you, he may be strong, but I am stronger, you could let me out, I can do some damage, then you finish him, its simple, even for you.' Xero thought about what Varun had said, but Xero had his own idea, he pulled out his scroll and whispered a message into it, "Hey Scindo, I need help, Puniceus has me trapped in an unbreakable dome of aura and the only way for me to break out is if he losses consciousness, please hurry?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spoodnick

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:34 am

Her scroll beeping away at Scindo, she pulled it open only to have Xero's message blurted out.

"Hey Scindo, I need help, Puniceus has me trapped in an unbreakable dome of aura and the only way for me to break out is if he losses consciousness, please hurry?"

Turning to put her hand on the door, Scindo stopped before turning it. 'Hold on princess, give this a bit of thought.' Fides took control over Scindo and leaned against the door. 'I'm not going to let you help that boy no matter how much you like him.' 'What? Why?' A couple of seconds past and Fides didn't answer, forcing Scindo to try for the door once more. Fides stopped her of course and only said a single word. 'No.'

"But why? Why won't you let me help Xero?" Letting out a sigh, Fides questioned whether or not he should tell her. Not wanting to betray her trust, he surrendered. "I won't let you help him. The kid has to fight his own battles, if he can't make it outta there on his own then he'll never be able to fight his own battles again. I'm pretty sure the short one knows this as well. I'm not gonna fight your battles and i'm certainly not going to fight any-one else's. While I don't really trust the short kid, we could all learn something from what he's been doing." Scindo didn't reply, she was too busy fighting tears at her uncle's cold response.

"Not really big on conversation are you?" Puny taunted, still resting atop the dome. "Ah well, you still haven't answered my question by the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]   

Back to top Go down

Loyalty is Persistence [Closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next