RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Conan Hayward

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 6:03 am

(Hope I did this right... I'm sorry if I didn't.)

CHARACTER

Name: Conan Hayward

Species: Faunus (Wolf Type)

Symbol: A purple eye with a jeweled iris.

Allusion: Based [loosely] off of Cu Chulainn

Appearance:
In an effort to conceal his true nature, Conan keeps his silvery hair long and more than capable of concealing his head, and hides his real ears with a well-worn fedora that he inherited from his father.  When not in his school uniform, he prefers to wear a long black jacket over a dark blue t-shirt and cream slacks. Other than that, he is reasonably slender and his sharp, sky-blue eyes are fairly constantly on the lookout, which combined with his stoic demeanor and imposing height (a little over 6 feet), can make him look very intimidating.

His body structure is lithe and svelte, reflecting his tendency to use more speed than other attributes in his fighting style, as well as counteracting his natural height and making him lanky. Additionally, his legs are more developed than his arms, as he spends more time dodging than attacking. His face is sharp and angular, or as some would say, wolf-like. He also moves with a visible purpose, decisive and controlled in his actions.

History:
Conan had the misfortune to be born poor, and worse, a Faunus. With society having little sympathy, either for him or for his poor, hardworking father, they scraped by without much money and few human friends. His father worked as a low-class Schnee laborer, taking decidedly unglamorous duties to provide for his son. Conan never knew his mother, and he never thought to ask about her. He was far too busy trying to keep everything together around home. It was run-down and he always had some sort of project to work on. Despite his efforts, however, it was certain that his father was not at all content with the situation, and he periodically vanished from the house to do…something.

Only later did he learn what exactly his father was doing, and only by stealing out after him. He tailed him and found him going to a large mass meeting; he would, later, recognize it as the White Fang. At his age, he didn’t quite understand, but he accepted it.

Days passed slowly, but even as Conan began to understand just how the world’s perception was, and began to sympathize with the White Fang, he felt the need to do something, himself. But what to do? The pickets and protests weren’t working… Slowly, though, a strange thought occurred to him. The Huntsmen, the Huntresses, they were the heroes of the world, weren’t they? If he became one of them… maybe, maybe he’d make a difference. He asked to begin training, and though his father was extremely reluctant, he gave his blessing after hearing his son’s reasoning.

He was sent off with a new hat; it was, perhaps, not fashionable, but it was his and it was a gift, and he understood that it was meant to help him if we went among humans. So he became cagey, and in this sense emulated his father.

And soon, Conan was sent a weapon. He had no idea where his father had gotten it, as they were, as always, extremely poor; his father said it was a secret, that it was a gift from the White Fang… Conan would only in hindsight fully understand the ramifications of this, as he had not yet become aware of the change in management they had or of their new-found ruthlessness. Perhaps if he had, he would have suspected how they used his father as a spy, of how he was becoming entwined in more and more dangerous assignments, sooner than he had. He had only just begun to piece it together from the few vague scraps his father gave him when...

When one day the letters from him stopped coming. Shortly after, he was notified that his father had passed away, allegedly in some form of Dust accident. While he did not take the news well, he elected not to allow others near him or his pain. He had never been particularly close, but after that, something changed. They couldn’t know about his father, about what he was or what he did. He couldn’t let them. He forced his face to freeze, his mouth to say and express little. He convinced himself, with some difficulty, it was fine this way.

And then he threw himself into his training. Fight, train, study. Fight, train, study. Such was his life. Through grueling effort he earned himself a place at Beacon…

He was almost there. He had to succeed. For his father and for all those like him who had tried so hard to be acknowledged, he had to make it.

Conan vowed that he would be the best Huntsman Ozpin had ever seen.

Personality:
Conan is standoffish and mistrustful of people he doesn’t know, which is due in part to the poor relations between humans and faunus. While he rarely becomes outright hostile to anyone, he is extremely reluctant to introduce himself to new people and will typically spend a long time gauging a new acquaintance’s temperament before he opens up to them. On the other hand, he is also very, very loyal to any friends that he does make, and is fiercely protective of them; often it is said that he would give his right arm to keep them safe, which isn’t far from the truth. Even with those he trusts implicitly, however, he rarely makes a great show of his emotions (especially happiness, as smiling with teeth such as his usually proves…unwise) or thoughts, only giving them when pressed. It is, above all, extraordinarily rare for him to reveal his ears to anyone, and if he does so, it should be taken as a sign of great respect and trust. Similarly, he is extremely protective of his hat, not only because it acts as a memento of his father, but also because it keeps him hidden from those who hate the faunus.

While he is observant and not at all dumb, he is not quite as cultured as he ought to be, likely as a result of his poor background. He seems to deeply resent the perception that this creates, as he reads voraciously in an effort to prove himself as capable as the others. Such dedication also stems from his hopes to reform society by becoming a famed Huntsman. As he shares their goals, he sympathizes with the White Fang, but strives to rein in his bitterness to bridge the gap between races peacefully.

Strengths:
-Enhanced Senses: As a Faunus, Conan possesses great hearing, a strong sense of smell, and night vision.
-Counter-fighter: Conan’s fighting style is heavily defensive and observant. As a result, his fights tend to move more slowly, but also more decisively and with fewer wounds.
-Instincts: Has good combat instincts. Sometimes, this is helpful; sometimes, it’s outright necessary for survival.
-Well-trained: Reasonably strong and fast, fairly skilled in the ways of combat… at least, of short ranges. Mid-long ranges prove somewhat more problematic.

Weaknesses:
-Stubborn: It happens. He just has a hard head sometimes, and either does not know when to quit or attempts things that just don’t work.
-Over-specialized: Is used to duels, and is inexperienced at frantic, multi-man melees. As a result, in such situations he tends to rely more heavily on his instincts than on deliberate movements, which can make him jumpy and sometimes predictable.
-Over-focus: Occasionally becomes so absorbed in his current action, whether it be battle, study, or something else, that he loses track of other things. This can be dangerous.
-Lone Wolf: Used to operating on his own, and cannot coordinate well with allies unless a considerable amount of time has been spent meshing with them.

Semblance:
Gae Bolg
Other than using his Aura for the standard purposes, Conan has found himself able to conjure barbs or spikes on surfaces or objects in the nearby area. However, he’s not terribly good with his power yet, and his effective range is roughly two times his armspan. This, combined with his difficulty in creating larger spikes (read: taller/longer than a few inches), mostly relegates it to an augmentation to his melee capabilities, such as giving himself makeshift claws. Further, he cannot conjure them on a resisting being; he may be able to affect an ally's weapon to make it more deadly, for example, or his own, but he may not create the barbs in the middle of a Grimm's throat.

The spikes, being formed of sheer Aura, are a dark purple, and not entirely corporeal nature. Typically they appear as slightly see-through and thin, and the actual harm they do is decided by Conan's wishes; they will not injure one that he marks as a comrade. As for numbers, he may summon a maximum of seven at a time, and though they are resistant to brute force, they will fade with time or as his focus is broken.

WEAPON

Name: Javelin Model K-9

Primary Form:
Glaive Form:
First and foremost, this weapon is a spear; it has a red, triangular head that branches out in a strange, almost star-like pattern towards the back. Its shaft renders it roughly two-thirds as tall as Conan himself, and all pieces are made of a very durable alloy.

Secondary Form:
Ranged Form:
When the need for ranged combat arises, the head of the spear may split down the middle and extend, and the shaft recede into the weapon, to create a compact rail gun. While this form can deliver inordinately powerful shots, it also requires a significant amount of Dust to operate, and cannot easily put out sustained fire, lest it overheat. As this renders it a slow weapon, it is extremely weak to mid-range battles and only average in long-range, sniper battles.

Tertiary Form:
Transport Form:
The most “boring” form, and used exclusively for utility and ease of movement. In this form, the shaft retracts into the head, leaving it as a more compact, less cumbersome form that can be easily retrieved and carried. In transport form, it may be carried in a variety of ways, including simply used as part of a belt.

History:
Initially obtained by dubious means (likely stolen) and handed down to him, Conan has since laid claim to it and begun to study intensely to be able to better understand—and, for that matter, modify—the remarkable weapon. It was, at first, larger and even more powerful—but it had needed so much Dust that he had to resize it and remodel it in attempts to tone down its firepower and make it more economical and efficient. However, as Conan was effectively a novice, his modifications were often slapdash and inefficient in themselves. For this reason, he had to remodel the weapon periodically, many times over, whenever his knowledge allowed for a better design than he had. After a countless number of modifications with whatever parts he could find, he came to the current model, in which he has found a happy medium between the sheer firepower of the original and the limited amount of Dust he has access to. Still, he often needed help from his instructors to fully comprehend its more complicated structures, and it at times remains something of a black box for him. Even so, he continues to study it and do modifications where he can.

Last edited by UnnamedDude on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:55 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Edited on advice of a friendly member, and later a mod)
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 9:08 pm

Mostly everything checks out here with me. I also like that you included the allusion as well. I'd just like to see a little more detail put into the appearance. For example, facial structure, muscle mass, eye color.

Also, I'm a tiny bit iffy on the semblance, but I'll let someone else decide on that.
Back to top Go down
UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 2:49 pm

Not sure if it helps any, but I tried to do something about the scant appearance details. I'll keep brainstorming in case I need more, sorry.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm okay with the semblance, but I will need some kind of limit on the amount of spikes he can form and how far away they can be formed, etc.
Back to top Go down
UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Hmm. Okay. Can you give me some idea of what you're looking for? I know I've vaguely defined the range as roughly twice his arm length, but if need be I can try to fix it some more.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Ah I meant mostly on the forming spikes on other things, unless I totally misunderstood the semblance... Yes, yes I did. >_<; My bad, but I still want a limit on how many spikes he can make, and as I forgot to mention before, if they can be removed by force and other stuff.
Back to top Go down
UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Ah, okay. I was thinking that they'd be stuck anywhere from half a dozen to low double-digit numbers, and that they'd be relatively difficult to remove through brute force. They would fade away after he stops focusing on them, though. Does something like that sound acceptable, or does it need more tweaking?
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:53 pm

That's fine, pick a number and add that stuff to the profile, then post here when you're done!
Back to top Go down
UnnamedDude

UnnamedDude

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Aaaaand edited. Thanks for your help!
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:11 pm

Approved +1!
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Approved! 2/2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Conan Hayward Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conan Hayward   Conan Hayward Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conan Hayward
Page 1 of 1