RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
njrk97

njrk97

Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Empty
PostSubject: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:02 am

The silhouette arced through the snow trees with not a single rustle, the three beowolves oblivious below as he made its way to through the cluttered tree line. The shadow landed within the clearing a small puff of snow wisping up into the air from its hunched over figure, one knee on the ground like a scribe bowing to a king. The forest was his king and he enjoyed its company so. The aqua clothing standing out from its surroundings like an island of blue in an ocean of white. The figure rose up into a normal stance pulling down his scarf as his blonde hair moved slightly in the breeze.

He glanced around the clearing before moving over to one of the trees and leaning against it. He let out a sigh as he dropped his weapons on the ground next to him. Kaiden slouched down and sat at the base of the tree, closing his eyes and letting the ambience calm him down.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 11:00 am

Jacob crunched over the snow. Hands buried in his jacket pockets, the cold air buffeting across his bare chest. Jernulv, Jacob's double edged battle axe hung loosely in his grip. The scent of Beowulf was strong on the wind, they'd passed through this way, recently. The faunas's pointed wolf ears twitched, picking up minute sounds carried by the wind. With a sly grin he broke out into a sprint, thundering across the snow, kicking up plumes of snow behind him.
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 4:32 am

Kaiden heard a sound coming from the distance, his ears may have not been to sensitive but he could still hear it. The idiot was attracting every beowolf in the area with that thundering run that resonated and echoed through the trees. Kaiden launched up into the tree above him and stood on the branch, his arm against the rough bark. It seemed like the person or thing that was making that sound was heading in his direction.

He growled slightly as he braced himself ready to pounce down on whoever would emerge from the tree line. It was then that he noticed his weapons, still laying on the ground next to the tree. With a swiping hand motion a glyph appeared under them and launched the weapons upwards towards him. He grabbed them out of the air, the two combing with a array of chinks. He took a single explosive arrow out of his quiver tensing the string with the arrow pulled back in it. He waited with a loose hand.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 2:09 pm

Jacob froze, crouching and placing a hand to fresh tracks made in the snow. He lifted his nose to the air and howled, a challenge to the Beowulfs concealed within the forest. He froze, the wind had changed dorection. Another scent hit him. He bared his teeth in a muted snarl, there's another Wolf here. He took Jernulv in a two handed grip and crouched
"Show yourself you coward!" He called out "fight like a wolf!"
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 11:33 pm

The arrow flew off through one of the leaves hitting the tree behind Jacob and causing it to shatter into wood fragments. the leaves rustling as Kaiden moved to another tree as he crouched down on the branch "Your not the smartest are you?" Kaiden said still concealed up in the trees "Furthermore why do you think i'm a wolf, you cant even see me" Rustling again as he moved to the tree left of Jacob
"I wished for some peace and quiet which you have unsubtly destroyed now, luring every beowolf in the region to this place"

"Give me one reason i should even humour the idea of staying around here, staying around you?" Kaiden honestly didn't care about Jacob nor was he too fond of fighting any grimm at the time. He waited silently in the tree for a response.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:42 am

Jacob casually shouldered Jernulv, grinning
"I grew up wild, I know the scent of a wolf Faunas, there's no hiding that." a howl echoed through the trees and Jacob moved into a fighting stance "and weather you go or stay, makes no difference to me" he turned a cold eye to Kaiden in his hiding place "but call me stupid again and I'll be sure to break your legs at the very least."
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

"but call me stupid again and I'll be sure to break your legs at the very least."

"You can try" Kaiden said, the white arrow whizzing past Jacob and hitting into the beowolf that had emerged from the treeline launching the wolf backwards through several of the white trees. Four more emerged from the tree charging towards Jacob, the one at the front was immediately stopped when the cyan arrow made contact with the ground infront of it. The crystals grew up onto the wolf's legs freezing it to the ground. The other three diverged to the right, circling and targeting Jacob. The one closest leapt at him. Claws ready for the attack. The other two also had moved around to surround Jacob. One of them was taken out by a yellow arrow, the lightning arcing through the beowolf as it fell to the ground. Now there was two for Jacob to deal with.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:30 am

Jacob turned bludgeoning one Beowulf to the ground with Jernulv's haft before he slammed the blade into its skull. He turned to the second Wulf and switched Jernulv into shotgun form, firing into its face. The dust infused shell encased the creature in a thick layer of ice.
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:03 am

Within a second more Beowolves burst out of the trees. From all direction they erupted easily within the 50 number digits and they didn't seem to be stopping. Most of them surrounded Jacob growling and howling to call more of their kind to the area. Meanwhile some had found Kaiden location, he was letting loose with several more arrows, this time of the explosive variety at the crowd trying to thin out the numbers.

"This is bad" He called out "It wouldn't be wise to take all o-" Kaiden heard the growl behind him whipping around only to get swatted out of the tree and land next to Jacob kicking up a dirt cloud and coughing loudly "Alright i will admit, i was not expecting that" He wheezed as he got back up onto his feet. He detached the two section of the bow which folded down against his the outside of his arms like bladed gauntlets but with only the blades. About twenty or so charged forward to attack. Kaiden blocked his closest ones, the blades extending out into wave swords as he twisted around and cut two down. Pointing the blades forward and crossing his arms he launched off towards another trapping into within the gap between the two blades, He uncrossed his arms quickly causing the two blades to cut through the grimm, he leapt at two more cutting them down with his blades pointing sideways before twisting around and and cutting another on straight through.

Six down but more and more were taking their place. He took a large swipe to the chest and was knocked back into the crowd getting slammed against the tree as they surrounded him. Jacob wouldn't off been fairing any better, the shear number would surely overwhelm him at nearly the same time as Kaiden.

((OOC If it wasn't clear please allow you character to take some hits from this and be at least partially overwhelmed by the sheer amount of Grimm, after all we are still only students. The amount we are fighting would defeat even the best Hunters. Besides i plan to introduce that new grimm in the next post or so i wanted our character to be beaten before that.))
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:10 am

Jacob gritted his teeth as the wulf bore down on him. The snarling beast had him pinned down in the snow, its gnashing teeth held at bay only by his hands on its head. Jacob roared into the creature's face before snapping its neck and rolling the body off of himself. His chest and arms were weeping blood from a few attacks that had caught him unawares. Kaiden was being surrounded by the black furred nightmares, a few metres away. Retrieving his axe, the wolf battered his way through the pack to backup the boy.
"On your feet" Jacob snarled, taking a defensive stance over Kaiden's prone form "we can take 'em, just find the Alpha!"
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 5:25 am

Kaiden was still on the ground in a small coughing fit as he stared at the dirt ground, his vision pulsed almost fading in colour. He felt himself slipping away blackness surrounding him, it was growing in him trying to pull its way out and from his injuries he couldn't stop it "no, not now" He said desperately. His contact lenses fell onto the ground as the bandages and armor on his arms finally gave from the damaged and unwrapped from his arm revealing his fur covered arm, stained with streaks of blood. He pulled the metal talons off his other hand aswell revealing the sharp wolf like claws on that normal hand.

With a beastly wolf growl he launched upwards latching onto the nearest wolf with his claws and slamming it on the ground, he let out a loud wolf howl causing the group to back up as he charged for another unsuspecting beowolf. However before he made it to the grimm a large beastly scream could be heard nearby, the grimms turned towards the sound before running off in the opposite direction. The grimm that Kaiden had focused on was not so lucky. As soon as it moved he went after it pinning it to the ground before finishing it off with his own claws.

He turned as he heard the thunderous sound heading towards him, .it erupted through the tree lines rolled up in a ball like shape, completely white with random spikes and streaks of red on it. It unfolded from its ball shape landing on the ground with a resonating thud in front of Kaiden. He charged towards the grimm running his hand through the dirt before pouncing up. The grimm let out another guttural scream before smashing Kaiden away with his bone covered head. The boy flew into the tree next to Jacob covered in several cuts and with blood dripping down from his wounded shoulder. He slowly slid down to the base of the tree, dazed by the impact.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grimm Name: Armadailo
Animal: Armadillo

Capabilities: One of the most well armored Grimm in existence, even the strongest attacks seldom make a dent in this behemoths bone shell. The creature is also surprising fast for such high armor coverage being on the same level as a Ursa in terms of speed. Its razor claws are able to shred through metal or enemies unfortunate enough to get in its path. The creature can also roll up into a large ball, when this happens it is impossible to damage due to its outside being all bone armour with no gaps. Even when it is unfolded its weaknesses are few and far between and then you also have to contend with the aforementioned claws and crusher bone tail.

Weakness: The underside of the grimm is all exposed flesh and is the best area to inflict damage in, however due to it weighing at least 1 ton getting this area exposed is a near impossible feat. This area is also entirely protected when the grimm is rolled up so attacking at that time is a no go aswell.

Its other weakened area is its legs, due to the joints in the limbs there is small gaps in the armour that can be taken advantage off and attacked. Granted being so close to the claws grants its own dangers and the exposed areas are rather small and require a high degree of accuracy to hit, the flesh in these gaps are also harden slightly so they are not too easy to cut into.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 6:08 am

"What the?" Jacob stared at Kaiden's exaggerated wolf Faunas appearance. The pause cost him and the creature's club like tail slammed into him, hurling him clean through the tree behind him with a splintering crash. His semblance had sparked just in time. Hauling himself to his feet, dispelling the snow and splinters, Jacob switched Jernulv to shotgun form and sent off a flurry of shots, using them as a distraction to dart forwards and snag Kaiden by the scruff of the neck and drag him further from the Grimm.
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2014 8:59 pm

Kaiden was snapped out of his trance by the impact as he was dragged back by Jacob. His visions focused as he finally saw what grimm that had to contend with "Those were suppose to be extinct" He coughed "Where the hell did this one come from?"

The grimm rolled up and charged forward towards them, Kaiden just managed to roll to the side pain shooting up his arm. He looked around trying to find his weapons. The grimm unfolded and ran towards Kaiden. With a groan Kaiden created a gravity glyph underneath the grimm pushing it up just enough so that he could slide under it. His glyph shattered just as he made it out from the other side, pain shot up his arms red glowing lines grew up it, blood trickled slowly from them this was covered with his normal arm but could easily be seen with his fur covered one. This was a rather painful indication that he was out of aura, if his glyphs were shattered by too much force and lack of energy they backfire and cause a semblance feedback which caused the lines up his arms. They receded after a few seconds but the shallow cuts stayed. Meanwhile the grimm had set it sights on Jacob charging towards him.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 2:40 am

Jacob grinned, crouching and holding his arms akimbo. The Grimm slammed into him, his semblance flared as it absorbed the majority of the damage, Jacob gritted his teeth as he took a firm grip on the Grimm's head, hooking his fingers around the plate on its head.
"Gotcha" he growled. With a roar the wolf twisted the beast's head to one side, causing it to lose its balance and tilt to one side, exposing its underbelly "Kaiden, hit it!" the creature gnashed its teeth, latching on to Jacob's thigh. He grunted in pain, his semblance faltering slightly.
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 6:58 am

Kaiden managed to move of to his weapons, stumbling but grabbing onto them as he leaned on the tree. He fused Gemini Tempest together and released a single explosive arrow at the grimms chest, taking out its internal organs and finally causing the creature to become limp. "We where lucky" Kaiden wheezed "That was still a young grimm so its shell was not harden causing it to be way lighter"

Kaiden slid down the tree his arm still dripping with blood as slouched down, exhausted by what had happened recently "No one is to know about this" Kaiden said sternly
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 7:18 am

Jacob wrenched the beast's jaws open, releasing his leg
"Know about what?" Jacob grunted, wiping off some of the blood that was seeping from his wounds "because I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to tell the people that asked me out here, that I finished the job" he stooped and picked up Jernulv.
Back to top Go down
njrk97

njrk97

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 5:10 am

"because I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to tell the people that asked me out here, that I finished the job"

"Not that" He growled "About me, i keep it bandaged and hidden for a reason"

Kaiden managed to stand up, partly leaning against the tree as his aura slowly managed to restore itself. The wounds would not heal fully from this but it would restore him enough to allow normal movement. He leapt upwards into the white tree "See you later" A small smile spread across his face "Jacob"

With that he vanished, the only indication of his movements from the rustling in the trees that kept growing more and more distant.

(Uhh thread finish i guess, i mean not much else either of us can do?)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]   Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forest Of Lupus [Closed, Jacob Reaver]
Page 1 of 1