RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Kail Christensen

An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:57 am

Lighting quickly read Sonny's gaze towards her, and she complied to the non-verbal request with a tinge of sadness "Guess it's my turn, huh? Well, there's not really much to tell about me; Only child, born and raised in Mistral until I wanted to leave the place, mostly got along with everyone there, but I couldn't stay after...well, both of you heard me talk about my parents. Didn't legally change my name to Lightning, but that's what I and others call me. I was, and still am, technically named Jade Ruth, but I dropped that when I left Mistral. Submitted an application to Beacon as soon as I had the Lien for it, and, well, here I am, an orphaned citizen hiding behind a façade of a name with no home, no family, and no future." and with all of that let out for the first time since arriving in Vale, she lowered her head, tears trickling down her face once more, unable to keep it in any longer.
Back to top Go down
http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:10 am

Jacob bowed his head a little, unsure how exactly he could comfort the now crying lightning
"I'd have to disagree with you on that one" Jacob said, smiling comfortingly (having finally understood how to do it) "you've got a future, you know what you're doing and you've got a good head on your shoulders. You may not have everything planned, but who does? I'm sure Lightning Ruth'll be fine, parents or none. You've picked yourself up, and that's what's important."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:29 am

A sigh was heard from the pink haired student, her voice broken again as she whimpers out, somehow conveying a feeling of more pain on her years than what she said about herself: "N-no home.....n-no family....."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:43 am

"Hey, listen to me" Jacob leaned forwards and took the girl's hand "the worst of it has passed, you don't have to be alone anymore" he tried.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:49 am

She sniffled, the Wolf Faunus seemingly transferring not just touch, but hope. "P...perhaps you're right....but st-still.....I've nowhere to...stay during the...break from Beacon...."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:15 am

"I'd offer you somewhere to stay. But unfortunately, I've got the same predicament" he chuckled, sitting back in his chair. Jaocb had grown up as part of a nomadic clan, so was no stranger to 'sleeping rough' but he had since learned that Humans preferred shelter to sleeping out under the stars.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 11:26 am

A hopeful look towards the only other person at the table; Sonny. Her tear-stained aqua eyes gave off the impression that she was much younger; Eyes that would not take refusal lightly, after all: Lightning had been sleeping not so soundly wherever she could, and her look changed to convey that fact.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2014 12:43 pm

Sonny chimes in with a calm voice. "You're a student of Beacon. As long as you can keep up a good amount of money for the tuition, you should be home free." Something strikes a curious note in Sonny, though.
"Lightning...how does somebody get the name 'Lightning?'"
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 1:21 am

A sniffle from her "That's kind of another problem. I've not much Lien since I moved here, and funds are dwindling to nothing...."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:10 am

"I've got cash if you need it" Jacob shrugged "I don't have much use for it anyway" he added, commenting on the fact that he tended to either hunt down his own food or sell Grimm pelts to earn money.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Sonny looks at the saddened girl a moment...
...and then smirks a tiny bit.
"Ms. Ruth...I know you're new to the city but maybe you know of a certain family I'm friends with." Sonny leans forward in his seat. "By any chance, have you heard of the Rouge clan? Specifically a buddy of mine, named Spencer?"
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 pm

She looks to Sonny in thought "Rouge....I don't think I...wait....they aren't a long line of knights that adapted to firearms, are they?" she eventually asked Sonny, blinking her aqua eyes again.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 4:50 pm

...Huh...I didn't know that about them until Spencer told me. SO-she knows more than I knew. That should make it easier. Sonny fails to hide the surprise in his expression. "Yes, actually. I'm actually friends with one of them, a bounty hunter by the name of Spencer. I don't know how you feel about that line of work but it pays for his tuition at Beacon and puts some lien in his pocket. I'm sure he wouldn't mind help since he generally does it alone."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 1:47 am

She nods lightly "Well it's either that or..." she trailed off, not wanting to say the other thing she'd be forced to do if she became that desperate. She returned to the topic "Of course, I'm up for bounty hunting..."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Sonny messages Spencer about it. "Alright. I suppose I'll have to set up a meeting with the two of you later then."
Now that he thinks about it, Sonny does not know why his friend always seems to work alone or why Spencer has never asked him for help. "He always ends up having to chase the ones he's after down and I can't see that being any fun." He has not seen it yet but that actually is entertaining for Spencer...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4