RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kail Christensen

An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:30 pm

She smiled at tasting hers, it was as close to perfect as it was going to get. She took another sip of the coffee as she looked between the two, waiting for their responses.
Back to top Go down
http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:40 pm

Jacob followed Lightning's lead and took a sip. His face drew into the same confused and disgusted expression as it had been earlier
"Why do you humans drink this stuff?"
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:44 pm

Lightning let out a small giggle at the Wolf Faunus' distaste of the coffee "Mostly to keep awake, Jacob. I take it you don't like it?"
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Jacob shook his head
"It's really bitter" he grunted, before taking another sip, as if to validate his claim.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Sonny gets the coffee and puts a couple creams in it. Afterwards, he puts in six sugars.
"I do it for the caffeine. Can't enjoy drinking coffee without these." Sonny refers to the large amount of sugar he puts in his coffee. "This guy I know, Spencer, he drinks it black and my cousin, Cassandra, she doesn't drink it at all, yet she's always so-damn-hyped up." Sonny finally takes a sip of his sweetened-to-hell coffee. "I don't get either of them..." He then looks over at the faunus's drink, noticing that he never put anything in.
"What you're drinking right now is how the Spencer kid takes it."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 10:30 pm

She chuckles, having put three sugars in "Yeah, gotta have sugar with it otherwise...blech."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 3:19 am

Jacob lowered his cup and shrugged
"I could get used to this. Sorry, not much coffee in the ice fields, this is new territory for me."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 12:29 pm

"Ice fields? What was someone your age doing up there?" Sonny leans back into his chair.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 1:19 pm

"I lived out there since I was nine" Jacob explained "after my clan were killed by the White Fang." He nursed his coffee for a few moments, absently staring down the street.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 1:16 am

Lightning slowly nodded, sipping her own coffee That's an interesting history, although I'd have thought the White Fang would've wanted the Clan to merge with them, assuming they were all Faunus."

Last edited by Kail Christensen on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 3:17 am

"They asked, my father refused to join in their feud with the humans. Now I'm all that's left" Jacob grunted bitterly.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 2:15 pm

"One day all that hate they create will catch up to them." Am I serious the only one out of us three with parents? Damn. Sonny takes another sip of his coffee.
"I suppose that's why you question why we do things then? No wonder, you haven't lived with us long."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 2:24 pm

Lightning nodded "I'm sorry for your loss, Jacob." she said sincerely, once again brushing hair out of her face.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 4:35 am

"It happened a long time ago" Jacob grunted "I'm over it" he lied.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Hoping to get off the sour subject, Sonny asks a question that has him curious.
"So...If you don't know a lot about how humans and faunus that live around here do things, that would mean you had much different life style from 'humans.' What did you do that was more faunus?" Sonny kind of does not want to hear the answer as he likes thinking of the adorable cartoon in his head, of Jacob chasing his tail around like a puppy, as real and wishes for it to be true, even though it is highly unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Lightning finished her coffee and sighed, looking to the two boys with curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 1:44 pm

"I grew up in the far North, on the ice fields" Jacob explained "For the most part I lived with the rest of my clan, wild Wolf Faunas for the most part, nomadic, beyond the reach of humans and civilization, but after that I more or less grew up completely wild."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:37 pm

'TIS CONFIRMED! Sonny automatically thinks 'grew up completely wild' means 'let the animal side of my faunus heritage take over and I proceeded to do things like chase my tail around in a circle and play fetch with a stick, like all adorable puppies should.'
"Really? So you really haven't experienced a lot of things that city-or, for lack of a better term-civilization has to offer, have you?"
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 2:39 am

"Some of them, I'm a wild Faunas not an animal" Jacob smirked "but there are a few things I'm still getting used to."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 2:59 am

She nods lightly "Some things would definitely be different."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 3:13 am

Jacob nodded
"I think I'm getting the hang of it."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 14, 2014 3:43 pm

"...not an animal." Inside of Sonny's mind he's kind of...well...
Nooo~~. Teh puppy! ;-; Sonny knew in the back of his mind that it was too good to be true-a kenine faunus acting like a puppy. Disappointed, he leans forward and sips his coffee and then back to his previous position. "Well, on behalf of everyone here, even if it's a bit late, welcome to Vale."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:00 am

Jacob smirked
"Thanks" he said, not having the heart to tell the boy he'd already been living in Vale for a few months. "What about you?" he asked Sonny "what's your story?"
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:18 am

She had gotten another cup of Coffee and sipped it, looking to them once more. The mistral girl listened intently to their conversation.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:26 pm

"Well, my name is Sonny Schwartz and I'm a member of the Schwartz clan of hunters. We always had hunters in the family but most of us, in more recent years of our history, have naturally drifted into the trade and it seems I am no different from the good majority of my family." Sonny gestures with his head to the edge of the unopened shield on his back. "As a result, we don't have nearly as much reputation as some of the older warrior families around here but we hold some reputation around other hunters and, depending on how much they like to tell stories, whoever listens to them. Be it their own family or whoever's around at the bar when they go on a drunken, story-telling spree." Sonny sips from the coffee and then rests his cheek on his right fist.
"As for personal story alone, I don't really have much of one. Grew up to a nice family and went to a warrior's academy to study the use of a spear and a shield. I excelled at Battle Tactics, weapons crafting, aura usage; I got high marks in all of them. I even discovered my semblance half a year before the usual age. The only problem was my grades in other subjects-" Frickin' math..."-were practically trash. I did fine in history but that's because of the times we learned about wars and all that. Y'know? The interesting stuff." Sonny shrugs. "Applied to Beacon and the combat side of the grade sheet caught their eye, I guess." Sonny looks up at the girl who...he just realizes never had her name mentioned in the presence of himself.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 8:57 am

Lighting quickly read Sonny's gaze towards her, and she complied to the non-verbal request with a tinge of sadness "Guess it's my turn, huh? Well, there's not really much to tell about me; Only child, born and raised in Mistral until I wanted to leave the place, mostly got along with everyone there, but I couldn't stay after...well, both of you heard me talk about my parents. Didn't legally change my name to Lightning, but that's what I and others call me. I was, and still am, technically named Jade Ruth, but I dropped that when I left Mistral. Submitted an application to Beacon as soon as I had the Lien for it, and, well, here I am, an orphaned citizen hiding behind a façade of a name with no home, no family, and no future." and with all of that let out for the first time since arriving in Vale, she lowered her head, tears trickling down her face once more, unable to keep it in any longer.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 10:10 am

Jacob bowed his head a little, unsure how exactly he could comfort the now crying lightning
"I'd have to disagree with you on that one" Jacob said, smiling comfortingly (having finally understood how to do it) "you've got a future, you know what you're doing and you've got a good head on your shoulders. You may not have everything planned, but who does? I'm sure Lightning Ruth'll be fine, parents or none. You've picked yourself up, and that's what's important."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]   An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only] - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An afternoon at the Purple Rose Cafe [Invite only]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next