RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xHavenx

xHavenx

A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Empty
PostSubject: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 10:23 pm

Trying her best to prevent herself from tiring any more than she currently was, a certain, ebon-haired crossbreed had rested her headphones atop her head once more, covering her human auds with them. Her music blasted into said ears a tad louder than normal, while the remaining feline would remain uncovered to scout out for any sounds to take notice of. She would soon come within a foot-long distance from a certain door, and would proceed to unlock it with a low, slightly tired murmur. Her hand grasping the door after undoing the lock, she would swing it open, flicking a switch on before turning around to face a lad nearby. "My things should be on the desk on the right side of the room. Pick whichever story or poem or something you wanna check out to read. I'll just change out and will be there in a sec."

And with that, the lass ducked into the room, shuffling over to the area in which her clothes were located. Once she had acquired the clothes she often wore when sleeping or simply lounging around, she departed off and to the bathroom shutting and locking the door behind her.

If one were to look upon the table that the girl had directed to, they would more than likely see a wide variety of literary works; some short stories, novels in progress, poetry...even the occasional song in progress. They would all be scattered across the desk, with homework assignments being the only one that was oddly organized toward the side of the desk. Across the top of the literary pile would be a few things to choose from; a short story about some high school romance (gotta love the shojos, man), a progressing mystery novel, and a few, separate lyric listings, seemingly each a song in progress.
Back to top Go down
http://whisperthechosen.deviantart.com/
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 4:19 pm

David looked at the books and one stood out. The romance novel. It seemed to be complete unlike the mystery. He settled on it and began to read the novel.

(OOC: Ever hear of katawa Shojo?)
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:47 pm

(OOC: ahaha indeed. watched a couple of playthroughs but havent played it myself because...well lets just say that my mom would heavily disapprove of some of the content.)

After changing in a rather efficient span of time, the lass unlocked the bathroom door from within. She fully grasped the knob once this was done, turning it and softly creaking the door open. The clothes that she had worn during the night now draped over a shoulder, she stepped out; clad neatly within a simple black shortsleeve with a pair of shorts that weren't too long, yet weren't too short at the same time. Soon after she trekked out she saw David afar, noticing the thing he seemed to had decided to read on about. "Oh, so you picked that one," she said, giving the boy a quick glance before shutting the bathroom door behind her. Walking over to a closet, she ducked in and set her clothes in appropriately. Her voice called out in the process. "I'm...kinda one for romance, and all. A lot of the things I write in general relate to it, actually." A faint shade of crimson could be seen upon the girl's expression as she said this.

Awkwardly laughing, she shrugged this statement off somewhat roughly, making her way over to her bed. She set herself upon it, grasping one of the pillows as she scooted herself toward the other side, resting her back against the wall while sitting on the made sheets. Afterwards she brought her knees closer toward her posture, hugging the cushion that she had picked up while doing so. "I based that one off of a song that I heard before. Really liked it, and I liked the plotline for it, so...I couldn't really resist."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:40 pm

David nodded in agreement. "I always have been a sucker for a good romance novel." He said with a dab of red on his face. He read it for a bit as he got into the flow of the story. "Quite a nice story. Though most of this stuff isn't as down to earth as it should. Most of the time its over done. This is a nice blend though." He said reading the book.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:55 pm

As David continued on reading, Chelsea broke her position for a quick moment, scooting over toward the opposite end of the bed. She reached out, grasping hold of one of her few notebooks, with a mechanical pencil clipped onto the spiral that bound the numerous pages. Once she had acquired it she pulled it toward herself, bringing herself back toward her previous spot. Placing the pillow back upon her lap as a sort of station to stabilize the book, she flipped her book to the first blank page before setting it atop her makeshift 'table,' of sorts. Before she could start writing, she heard the other's comment.

"Oh...thanks..." she said in response, her tone somewhat quieter than it had been for the majority of the night. Staring down at her noting book, she released a soft, silent yawn before grasping her pencil within a comfortable grip and beginning to write down the starting lines of a poem. Having put her headphones back on after changing, she lifted it from her neck, holding one of the muffs to her farther, human ear after turning her mp3 player on. Music often gave her a better sense of motivation when writing. "So you're sucker for romance, eh?" would come the inquiry following, a small smile crossing her lips as she looked down at the page she was writing on. Laughing, she shook her head, sending a glance over to the boy as she paused her literary drive. "Ever written something of your own?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:43 pm

David shook his head. "Not really. I'm more of a builder then a writer. Though I do love good stories." He said as he read the book. He looked over and saw she was writing something down. He then went back to the book. "When it comes to writing things I can never seem to get enough detail. It always seems so short." He said as he turned the page.

Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:37 pm

"Aha, yeah..." Lifting her hand and pencil, Chelsea went on to scratch the back of her head lightly with the tip of the writing tool. Her gaze would then remain upon the partially-written chain of words before her, unable to jot anything else down at that moment due to the infamous matter known as writer's block. She sighed in some defeat. "I remember when I started writing; my definition of a paragraph was just a single, somewhat bland sentence. Those types of stories were from, like...nearly a decade from now. Sometimes I compare my current stories to the past ones and realize just how much I sucked." Releasing a bashful, awkward chuckle, the hybrid breathed outward soundly before going on. "I'm pretty sure that your writing could become as equally as good as your building skills. All you really need is enough practice."

At the end of that quote, as if suddenly struck with inspiration, the girl's expression briefly lightened up and she began scribbling down on the paper yet again.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 2:24 pm

David nodded in agreement. "That would help a lot more I suppose....what are you writing?" He asked as he raised an eye over the corner of the book. He watched her for a bit trying to figure her out. He had deducted she was a writer of course, a fan of music and literature. He felt that he was nothing more then a grease monkey compared to her.

[In Head]

Alright....so I think I win this.
Oh? And how do you see that? He hasn't screwed up yet.
I say you wins if he gets a kiss.
I say you're trying to get out of my fifty bucks.
......I would never.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:41 pm

"Hm?" Looking up for a moment, Chelsea laid her attention upon the boy afar. Despite the fact that she had directed her gaze toward the other, however, her hand was still moving, scribbling the last few lines of her current work on the paper. This movement would stop after a couple of moments, and she would finally be brought to speak afterwards. "Oh...it's just a little poem that I just thought of off of the top of my head. I don't feel like it's done yet, so I'll probably add more to it in a few days...or years..." she said, her voice seeming to grow quiet and trail off toward the second sentence. Staring down at the page, she laughed somewhat sheepishly, scratching the back of her head with her pencil yet again.

A moment more would pass before she blinked, lifting the notebook from her lap and holding it toward David. "Mind critiquing it?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:48 pm

David smiled and nodded as he took the notepad. He slowly began to read it. Soon he felt a hint of sadness inside him. The poem made him think of a friend he had lost. A close friend. As he began to read the last line a small tear ran down the side of his face. He then handed it back to her. "It's beautiful." He said in a shaky voice. Trying to hold back his emotions.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Gently smiling at first, the lass gave a nod in thanks as she took her notebook back. She was about to add more to the poem, though stopped herself somewhat suddenly as she noticed David's current condition. Feeling a small sense of concern welling within her, she slowly set her current work down upon the space next to her, crawling across the bed with some effort and stopping herself by the boy's side. Attempting to find a correct choice of words to say, she remained silent for several moments in her current, cross-legged position.

Seconds later she would reach over toward her desk, loosely and barely grasping hold of a tissue from an emptying box toward its left side. Offering it to the other, she opened her mouth and began speaking quietly with much hesitance. "...I'm sorry," was all that she could say at the moment, guilt suddenly beginning to well within her intellect as she began to regret offering letting the lad read her poem.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 7:54 pm

David just smiled and accepted the tissue. "Thanks......it's not your poem its fine.....it's just...it reminds me of a friend I once had." He said he wiped his tear away. His mind began to flash with images of that day. he closed his eyes and tried to keep them from surfacing. He took a deep breath and sighed. "...I miss her..."
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:09 pm

Staring down at the dorm floors beneath, Chelsea began thinking to herself within an uttermost silence. A while afterwards she would bring herself to look back at David. Though quite hesitant at first, she lifted a hand, gently resting it upon the lad's shoulder in a comforting gesture. "I know, but...I'm still sorry. I've really only known you for roughly two days now, but I can already tell that you're a nice guy. It's a shame that you got so many people taken away from you..." she spoke up, her voice growing quiet yet again and soon trailing off. Sighing, she attempted to compose herself an appropriate amount. "I...bid that she was close?"
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:44 pm

David nodded. "Yeah....she was.....and I couldn't save her.......I tried....but I couldn't." He said in a saddened tone. He head hung low. Normally this topic would cause Davy to erupt, but instead....he did not. David sat in the room being forced to remember what had happened.

[In Head]

You know.....your a dick.
Explain.
Your leaving Boyo to wallow in self pity.
You think she would want to meet me.....the monster in his head...the killer.
Now...stow it and watch.....I want my fifty dollars.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 9:34 am

"Well...as much as we don't want to admit it, sometimes all we can do is just...try. In the tightest of situations, it's often times the best thing we can do...and as much as I don't want to say it, there's a chance that what we do won't even work." Still with quite the amount of hesitance --- though at a slightly quicker place than how she had placed her hand upon his shoulder --- she hooked her arm further around David's shoulders, giving him a soft hug. Though the action was meant purely in comfort, similar to how she had laid her hand upon his shoulder, she couldn't help but feel a tad flustered. As a result, she looked down toward the side and at the floors as she embraced him, primarily to avoid the boy's gaze and to hide the faint trace of crimson within her expression. "But the point is that you tried, and I'm certain that she was --- and still is --- thankful of the fact that you did..."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 3:03 pm

David just sighed. He knew she was right, but the sorrow of watching his friend die in front of him.....it shall and will always hunt him. He blushed slightly at her gesture. "Thank you." He said as he sat there in deep thought. Trying his best to bury the horrid memories...trying to keep the good ones.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Releasing a silent sigh of her own, which would then be followed by a small nod, Chelsea would remain as she currently was; her gaze looming upon the floors beneath, as her arm remaining as it was. As soon as she realized her current stature, however, she slowly pulled her arm back toward her figure, rubbing and scratching the back of her head. She would remain this way for several moments due to a lack of words, though eventually, finally brought herself to look back at David. "By all means, you don't have to talk about anything about your past if you don't want to..." she began in a somewhat quiet, bashful tone. Both hands of hers would be held in her lap and she stared down at them. "But...I'll be here if you want to talk, or just need someone to listen. About your past, or just to talk about other, random things." Glancing over at the boy after a period of staring downward, she would give a soft smile that carried the faintest feeling of shyness.
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:26 pm

David just stared at the ground. "It was a nice warm day. Birds chirping and all that. I was at my job working......she came out of nowhere running. Now she could beat the crap out of anyone and anything." He said with a slight chuckle. "She once put a dent in a Ursa the size of my head. She uh...she was in a panic. She had burses on her and bloody marks. She was telling me what happened when a rock went sailing into her head. Her sweet blues when pale as she fell to the ground out cold. I looked at where the rock came from........it came from a bunch of racist. See the town I came from hated faunuas with a passion, but up until then town roits were rare. I tried to keep them away from her, but I was to late.....one drove a sword into her stomach.....I lost it." His hand slightly flickered with a dark aura. He calmed his mind and it went away. "I fought them.......until they ran or else....after all of it I went to check on her. She looked at me and smiled. She then closed her eyes......I lost a loved one that day.....and released a great evil as well." He hung his head slightly, but a small part of him was happy to tell his tale.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 5:54 pm

Noticing the fact that the other had started his story right then and there, Chelsea nodded again before falling completely silent for respectful terms. A small smile would cross her lips as the boy first described this fallen angel of his, though would be quite short-lived as he went on and soon spoke about the discrimination of Faunus that occurred within his hometown. For a quick moment --- though while still listening to what the lad had to say --- the girl looked upward, as if attempting to look at the physical representation of her own, hybrid genetics. Rather than the smile that she had worn seconds prior, a negative look would appear upon her face; one fairly resembling a disgusted scowl. As quick as it appeared, it would disappear, though. That's ****ing horrific... she thought to himself, attempting to put herself in this other girl's shoes. My God...

Soon, as the chap went on within his story, the crossbreed's eyes would grow somewhat dull. Her gaze seemed to drift onto David's hand around the time that it flickered within his aura, and remained there even after it faded. By the end of his tale, she felt a rivaling sense of sadness and anger alike attempting to clash within her well being. If one were to look closely, they would be able to see the smallest, barely-even-noticeable spark forming within her right hand and quickly streaking over to the left before disappearing within a literal flash. "That's just...that's just horrible..." she muttered, lilac voids of hers softening once more as she brought herself to look at the opposing teen. She seemed as if she were about to say something more when another thought clicked within her intellect: this...'great evil' that David spoke of. A grand debate would be held within her mind as she fought over whether to ask the other about it or not. After a difficult conclusion, however, she decided to go along. "Er...if I may ask...what exactly is that 'great evil?' A-again, you don't have to tell me if you don't want to; I really don't mind what you decide to do..."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 6:02 pm

David sighed a bit. "Him.....the evil that resides in me. Though in technical terms when she died....my mind fractured. He was the product of it, the evil in my head...the darkness in my hearts......he was born. He kills for fun slaughters all who dare get in his way. If he ever kills the innocent...I have sworn...to kill us both."

[OOC: Can you guess who I got the killing innocent kills self thing from?]
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 12:42 pm

Chelsea fell silent for yet another, countless time that night, a sense of concern and sorrow toward the boy next to her growing at his words. For a moment she looked over at the clock on her desk, noticing the red '12:47' that it displayed, with a small 'AM' highlighted in the corner next to it. Damn, it's getting late... she thought to herself, shaking her head and shoving the statement from her intellect as she directed her focus back to the other.

"Well...then..." she started, her voice continuously quiet, "...I'll just have to make sure that doesn't happen." Her gaze never lifting from the ground, she gave a short sigh as if recomposing (or attempting to, anyways) herself. "I'll be there to make sure that doesn't happen. Ever."
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 2:39 pm

David just looked up at her after hearing her statement. "....thank you." He said quietly. His gaze soon looked at the clock and he saw the time. "It seems I have over stayed my welcome. Thank you again Chelsea." He said as he stood up as he made his way towards the door.
Back to top Go down
xHavenx

xHavenx

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:25 pm

A simple nod was given in reply to David's first statement. Narrowed, lavender eyes would trail after him as he soon followed up another another statement and got up to his feet, trekking over to the door next. Uncrossing her legs and hopping onto the floor next, she walked after the lad as he went off toward the exit, remaining perhaps a foot or so in distance in the process. Soon she would step forward, opening the door and holding it open for her visitor. She would remain this way until he exited.

Though, she would refrain from shutting the door before doing one thing; for a countless time, with an uttermost hesitance. Quickly, she would lean over, giving the Huntsman-in-training a faint peck on the cheek. "...No problem. You're a good guy, David...good night," she responded, giving the other a small smile before gradually shutting the door.

...She would soon progress to walk back over to her bed, taking a large breath before faceplanting into the blankets again.

raises hands in the air
facedesks violently
Back to top Go down
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion
Icrus505

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 3:31 pm

David stood in the halls trying to understand what had happened. ...what? He looked back and then went back to the hall and walked down to his dorm. Pushing the thought from his head.

[In Head]

Go to hell. The figure in the cage said handing a man sitting down next to it fifty dollars.
HA! I called that red eyes! Now I predict me buying thirty dollars of booze and forcing you to watch. The figure in the cage sighed as he went back to watching a moniter on the screen. .....He was just luckly...sympathy.
Maybe....buuut I HAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)   A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night...Back at the Dorms (Closed)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Basket :: Basket-
Jump to: