RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2014 9:08 pm

It was in average day after classes at Beacon, most students having gone back to their dorms to sleep, or do other various dull activities.  Vivian, however, had decided to go for a walk (or more accurately, wander aimlessly), hoping to find something or someone to pass the time with.  Her search for entertainment eventually led her to the mostly empty Arena, as it tended to be on school days.  Walking past the beaten up dummies and broken weapon parts on the floor, she continued her search, whistling as she did.
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 7:30 am

Arthur had been resting by the side of the arena for a while now, he'd gone in there after lessons had finished because he knew there wouldn't be many people around to bother him as he practiced. But he'd finished that and now he was tired, hence why he was resting.

Although his relative peace was interrupted as he heard footsteps and somewhat annoying whistling enter the area his normal intentions were to be to ignore the person and hope they don't want him for anything. Unfortunately, Arthur knew there probably wasn't anyone else in the arena apart from himself, meaning he probably would have to converse with them at some point for that would be the polite thing to do. But he was also perfectly prepared to let them be the one to make the first move.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Stopping mid-whistle as she noticed someone sitting by the side of the arena, Vivian began to walk over to him nonchalantly.  He didn't appear to be busy, and she certainly wasn't, so maybe they'd be willing to talk.  Or more likely, listen.

Taking a seat next to him, she turned towards him and smiled.  "Hey.  What's up?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:36 am

Arthur's attention was immediately bought to the voice that he heard beside him. As he looked up at her, the first thing he noticed oddly that the girl wasn't wearing shoes, this distressed Arthur somewhat. Then he noticed a somewhat bigger than just not wearing shoes, that being her lack of arms.

"Umm, hello." he answered after a moments thought, normally at this point, Arthur would have offered his partner in conversation a hand to shake. But in this instance, he thought against it for obvious reasons. "What brings you to the humble arena?" He asks, as he was genuinely curious, not many students went there after school, so it was odd to see someone here.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 10:42 am

Vivian shrugged, not seeming to to care that the situation was a bit awkward.  "Was just going for a walk, ended up here.  How about yourself?"  She didn't bother to mention her arms, figuring that the topic would come up sooner or later anyway.
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am

"I'm here because no one else was." Arthur answers bluntly.

He immediately thought that was a little harsh of him to say, "Because you know, it's nice to get away from doing all that school work and all them people everyone once in a while, you know? And take the time to beat the crap out of something. Wouldn't you agree?" Arthur offers a slight smile to the girl next to him after he's finished talking.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 6:16 pm

"Mhm, definitely." Vivian agreed, nodding slowly.  "I feel like hanging out by myself a lot, but at the same time, I always feel like talking to someone.  Not really a great combination.  Which is why I usually wander around in search.  Sometimes I find people to talk to, sometimes I end up being where nobody is.  Kind of works for both, y'know?"  She shrugged, smiling back up at him.  "I don't think I got your name.  I'm Vivian."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2014 10:24 am

Arthur was confused by this girl, very much so. But then he remembered that pretty much everyone in this school isn't 100% alright in the brain, so he thought it best to let it slide.

"I'm Arthur. It's nice to meet you Vivian." He replied. Uhh, what do I say now? Arthur wondered, after he'd given his name. He only felt a little awkward, but perhaps he's conversational partner here would come up with something.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 10:01 am

"Nice to meet you too, Arthur."  Vivian found him interesting at the least, mainly considering the fact that he hadn't bothered to ask about her arms yet, as most people would have by now.  "So.  What's it like having arms?" she asked after a few moments of silence, nonchalantly.  A question that she often asked people she had just met, not only due to her curiosity, but it usually resulted in decent conversation.
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 2:10 pm

"You know what.. I've never really thought about it, you know?" Arthur knew this was going to come up at some point, but he was curious about the subject so he wasn't about to let it go, "So from your questioning once can assume you've never actually had arms then?" This was the logical conclusion for Arthur to come to, because after all, if she had had arms, she needn't have asked the question in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:35 pm

"Nope.  Never have, never will.  Well, I hope not.  That'd be weird if I grew arms overnight, or something."  Vivian shook her head, not very pleased at the idea.  "Well, my life isn't that difficult without them.  I may need help for some things, sure, but I can do everything necessary for survival."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:45 pm

"Interesting." Arthur pondered this thought for a while, he didn't think he could possibly imagine life without his arms. How would I hold my... Weaponry. Was his first thought, as any man would do, but that was a non-issue. "I guess it's kinda difficult to think about the kinda stuff you think you would be able to do, when you've had no experience with those things whatsoever." Arthur didn't know where he was going with that sentence, but he said it anyway. Why not?

"So, how do you fight then? I mean, you must be good, as you're here, but surely you're at a slight disadvantage at least, due to have 50% of the limbs everyone else has?"
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:07 pm

"Mainly kicking, a little bit of shooting.  I have this shoulder cannon, not currently on me, but back in my locker.  I usually just stand back and fire while other people fight, and if it's a 1 against 1, aura-powered kicks.  I usually have the disadvantage there, because at least half of the other students use swords...  My only defense there is my semblance."  Vivian paused to breath.  "So.  What do you fight with?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:31 pm

Arthur gestures to his Sword and Shield resting on the floor not too far from where he's sat, "Very boring, but I've never had the ability to learn how to use anything else. But I like what I do, I'm successful in my job and that's all that I care about really." Arthur kind of lost steam when he was talking throughout that sentence, he wasn't entirely sure why.

"So, if you don't mind me asking, how do you take notes during lessons?" This is, of course, still the only thing on Arthur's mind, Viv's lack of arms.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:37 pm

"If I'm actually bothering to take the notes?  I'll just write them down, like anyone else."  Vivian shrugged, wiggling her toes and grinning.  "You'd be surprised how much I can do with only my feet."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 7:43 pm

"Well, you should take notes, school work is important." Arthur sighed, he knew by her attitude she was probably a lost cause on the academic side of things. Not that she seemed stupid, but by what she said, she didn't seem bothered.

He adds, slightly under his breath: "Well, you should count yourself lucky that you only have to do work for yourself." Arthur always liked to make this comment about work, even though Aoife was never around to hear it but he was still aggravated that he had basically kept her in school for almost the entire time.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:22 am

"Oh?  You're doing work for somebody else?" Vivian asked, seeming genuinely curious.  "And why is that?  Someone blackmailing you? Or is it for a girl you like?  Or is it for a guy you like?"  She waited for an answer, before shrugging.  "Suppose it isn't my business, but I won't be able to forget about it now that you mentioned it."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 9:59 am

"You could say I am, do you know of Aoife Knight? I'm her team leader and friend. She is like, the worst student, ad I don't want her to be kicked out so I do at least most of the work. Hah, on the upside, I'm basically a genius nowadays." Arthur sighs a heavy sigh, "It's really bloody boring. doing double the work." He laughs at that.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:09 am

Vivian was glad to get an answer, but tilted her head at his response.  "I don't think I've heard that name before, no.  What has she done in return?  Or is she just a really good friend?  To me, it sounds like she's the only one benefiting from all of it."  Contemplating it for a bit, she smiled afterwards.  "Well, you must be pretty nice if you don't have any big reasons.  Right?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:38 am

"Yeah, that's probably just the reason, I'm pretty nice." By this, Arthur was not clearly lying, but hiding something, you could probably tell. After a moment of pondering in self pity, "So you haven't heard of Aoife? You're lucky, do you know Aph? Aphelion?" Arthur was trying somehow to change the subject of conversation away from himself, as he wasn't too fond of that, even though it does end up happening a lot he'd just noticed.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 1:57 pm

The mention of Aph surprised Vivian somewhat, but she nodded.  "Yep!  I met him not too long ago, we're pretty good friends.  Or at least, I'd like to think so.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure."  She began to absentmindedly tap on the ground with the sides of her feet, probably due to sitting still for too long.  "I'm assuming you are friends with him too, then?"
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 2:02 pm

"Yeah, I a, I'm just surprised you know Aph and not Aoife, they have been going out on and off since school started. So I would have thought he might have mentioned her if you were good friends with him, but that's beside the point." Arthur realised after he'd finished speaking, that that may have come off maybe a little passive aggressive, "Uhh, I didn't mean anything by that of course. It's a touchy subject for him."
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:03 pm

"Interesting.  He seems like he'd be able to maintain a relationship.  Better than myself, at least.  Maybe it's her.  Or maybe I'm wrong.  I'unno."  Already getting bored of tapping her feet, she pulled her legs back towards herself, now sitting cross-legged.  "In that case, I'll try not to mention it next time I see him."
Back to top Go down
Haboo90

Haboo90

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 4:15 pm

Viv's fidgeting had not gone unnoticed to Arthur, "You getting a little restless there Vivian? Am I boring you?" Arthur over emphasized what he was saying, acting shocked that Vivian would find his company boring, so to go along with his acting he raised one had to his chest as if also hurt that she would be.
Back to top Go down
Metroidhunter
Metroidhunter

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 10:26 am

"What?  Nah, it's not you.  I'm just pretty energetic, I get fidgety if I go too long without physical activity of some sort."  Shrugging, Vivian stood up.  "Want to go for a walk?  Might make things easier."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]   Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hand to Hand Combat? [Closed]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next