RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ekgthe1st

ekgthe1st

Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Empty
PostSubject: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 3:28 pm

CHARACTER

Name: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master

Symbol: A open book with a few blood splatter on it.

Appearance: Lora is about 5'6" with long curly black hair and large indigo eyes. She is average weight with and average appearance. Lora has freckles all over her face and all over her shoulders as well. Lora usual outfit is assortment of work dresses with matching leggings and brown sandals. The only things that are constant in her appearance is her large round rimmed glasses and her overly large black trench coat.

When she doing mercenary work, Lora wears a white mask with a red smile on it, a large black top hat, black gloves with matching black work dress, black leggings, and black sandals. She carries a cane that operates as her second weapon when her semblance fails her

History: Lora grew up in a library. When she was eight, Lora lost all her memories and was living on the streets. Only safe shelter she could find was her local library. For the first few days Lora went unnoticed, but by the third day the head librarian found her in the crawl space with 10 volumes of books to read. For some reason Lora could not stop reading nor she did not want to stop. The stories were fascinating. When the head librarian ask what she was doing there Lora told her the truth. She had now where to go and she was felt safe here at the library. The head librarian being a responsible woman call the police and they took Lora to the local orphanage. Luckily for Lora it was ten blocks away from the library. So each morning for years now Lora walk ten blocks to library and read, then walk back to the orphanage for dinner then go to  bed, and did it again the next day.

Then when Lora was fourteen something particular happen. Her semblance awaken. She was stuck at the orphanage thanks to a storm outside. Doing some origami she learn form a book, Lora was keeping herself busy. Suddenly, her crane that she finished folding came to life and started to fly around her head. Excitedly Lora started to make more cranes to see it would happen again. It did and her whole room were covered in with flying paper cranes. But, mysteriously Lora was extremely tired. Passing out after she finished her 98th paper crane. Lora woke up the next day and went to the library to see what was happening to her. Lora found the books on aura and semblance and concluded that she just discover her semblance. The book told her she should go to a combat school to train her abilities. But, Lora wanted to read not to fight. So when she had the time between reading, Lora train her semblance. Few years later, Lora learn she could strengthen and slice as well as create with her paper powers.

When Lora turn eighteen she came into money. The head librarian died and made Lora her sole benefactor with all her money. With the money, Lora open a book store 'Wall to Wall Books.' Nothing eventful happen to Lora until she turn twenty four. It seem her long lost father that Lora never knew about rack up debt with the wrong people and being the only other living relative, Lora had to pay it. Not willing to lose her bookstore, Lora did the unthinkable. She took on a mercenary job. She had to steal some sort of jewel and give it to her employer. She don on her mercenary outfit and did the job with no bad incidents. Seeing how easy it was for her with her abilities she decided to take on more jobs to pay off the deft. After a few more jobs she earn the tile of 'Paper Master'

Personality: Lora is kind good girl whose is openly curious about everything. She is quiet and shy and had hardly any interaction with real people and only interested in fictional.
Only thing she cares about is reading and books. Also very stubborn, will not stop until she succeeded.

Strength: Highly intelligent and a expert strategist often using her knowledge with her jobs. Lora is highly adaptive to most situations. She has yet to fail any of her mercenary jobs having a 100% successful rate. Lora is also very flexable, making her body bend in odd angles with little to no damage to herself.

Weakness: Not very strong nor has any formal training. If she face a extremely strong and skilled opponent most likely to lose. Also sometimes looses her cool when things do not go her way. Lora also is not very fast and has to rely on stealth to get by.

Semblance: Paper Cut: Lora has the ability to strengthen, slice, and create paper making it her ultimate weapon. However, depending on what skill she uses she will lose her aura very quickly. Also, the amount of paper being control is also a strain on her body and aura. The more paper she controls more strain it is to her.

Strengthen: Lora can strengthen paper making it stronger than steel and it takes least amount of aura.

Slice: Lora can turn paper into an extremely sharp blade cutting through steel. It takes a moderate amount of aura.

Create: Lora can fold and create objects and living creatures out of paper. This can take up a lot of aura and can be use only for liniment amount of time.

WEAPON

Name: Deadly Crane

Primary Form: A cane with a crane eating a snake for a handle. By pressing a few different buttons it can become a gun or a sword.

Secondary Form: Deadly Crane second form is an old fashion 10 round gun. It fires lighting dust rounds. Lora pushes the snake's head to transform the cane to the gun form.

Tertiary Form: Deadly Crane last form is a simple rapier sword. It is made from dust resistant metal and it is also lighting dust charged. This form is activated by Lora pressing the crane's eye.

History: Lora almost fail at mercenary one time because she ran out of aura. Taking it as a sign that she needed a back up weapon. Donning on her alter ego 'Paper Master' she went to a weapons master and paid for Deadly Crane to be made.

Last edited by ekgthe1st on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:57 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Alright, first of all I would like to see a little more fleshed out in the Strengths and Weaknesses. I am also very iffy on the semblance but I'll see what a mod has to say about it first.

Also, in the Primary Form section of the weapon you stated that the cane can become a gun or a sword and described what both can do in the same section. I would add a secondary and tertiary form for the sword and gun instead of having them all in one section. I also noticed some minors grammatical errors which need to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
ekgthe1st

ekgthe1st

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:11 pm

Got it Sky!
Fixing~
Also, sorry about the grammatical errors. ^.^;
My grammar kinda sucks. I am trying to improve them, just tell me what to change.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:21 pm

Sorry, she is too close to the source material, and is in violation of the Expy rule.

I can live with her semblance, and appearance, but with the history added in she is just too similar.
Back to top Go down
ekgthe1st

ekgthe1st

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Uhh...I did not base my character on anyone. However, I did base the semblance on something. But, I did change her appearance some so it would not violate the expy rule.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:45 pm

Okay, she is different enough now.

As for the semblance, is she limited to a special type of paper (LN version,) or can she use any kind of paper? (manga and T.V.)
Back to top Go down
ekgthe1st

ekgthe1st

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 4:51 pm

I was thinking any type of paper, but if you think I should not I'll change it
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:42 pm

For balance I think a limited paper type would be better, but if she was balanced in some other fashion, that would be okay. For instance, if there was an additional strain on her body that was proportional to the amount of paper she was controlling, that would also be acceptable.
Back to top Go down
ekgthe1st

ekgthe1st

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 5:58 pm

Okay I edit that.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:10 pm

Okay, works for me. +1
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Seems fine, approved 2/2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master   Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lora Wainwright aka Paper Master
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Creation :: Approvals :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: