RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Jobs Board

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DrGustave

PostSubject: Jobs Board   Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 pm

I don't know if this has already been suggested but what if there were a thread where you can post bounties on creatures of Grimm that have terrorized people, as well as any people that have have for example murdered someone? Now, you wouldn't be posting as your character which means you wouldn't say "Hey Declan, I saw your bounty for that Ursa." You would say "Hey Declan, there's a new bounty up for an Ursa." You could accept these bounties solo or with your team. As for the rewards they could be new parts to add to your weapon or even to build a new one, however these types of rewards would make going for the bounty as a four person team difficult as I wouldn't imagine a reward being four whole parts unless it was something huge. As for the bounties themselves, the Creature of Grimm bounties would be assumed a dead bounty where as the human bounties could be collected dead or alive, although there would probably be better rewards for alive. What these bounties would also do is allow us to RP in other parts of the world instead of waiting for the show to get there, for example there could be a bounty for an Ursa that had wandered into a city in vale and needed to be taken out. Again, I'm sorry if this has already been suggested.

Edit: Changed title to "Job Board" to encompass more than just bounties

Last edited by DrGustave on Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Prinny

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:36 pm

I don't think this has been suggested, but this seems like a sort of MMO party-quest concept that I could totally go with.

As for rewards, maybe they could be a varying number to tokens or credits that you character can collect based on the Grimm that the party fights, that they can exchange for parts or items in Beacon's specialty shop/ school store or something. Though, the restriction would have to be that the items would either only be used in Bounty threads, or be under restricted use in "canon" threads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:04 pm

I think the restrictions would be a good idea for certain items but the idea that the rewards are weapon parts, such as an extendable blade, could be used on a canon thread as an upgrade to your weapon, assuming your character has the knowledge

Franklin Dillinger - "Boost"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:00 am

THESE ARE LIKE BOSS FIGHTS

Amazing.

However, an 'Ursa that wandered into Vale' sounds so unrealistic that please, no bounties like those. Maybe, a 'Giant Nevermore that has decided to terrorize a small farm village so it could steal their pigs and drop them from high altitudes for fun', but invading Vale? That sounds.....unrealistic, with Beacon being right there, Vale probably has a bunch of graduate hunters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/finaldetermination
Fogfun

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:36 am

I feel a 'job board' in general would be great - something which would contain not only bounties, but also other odd jobs. For instance, maybe the owner of a local weapon shop wishes to have some extra security after several neighboring businesses were robbed. Perhaps there's a specific person who has defected from a gang or other criminal organization, and wants to hire protection. Even crime syndicates (through middlemen, of course) could post jobs involving assaulting a rival organization. Just a few ideas off the top of my head.

In terms of rewards though, I don't think they should be anything too amazing. As to what that entails... I don't know. Haven't put much thought into it. Really more than anything, this would just be a way to expand the world. As it is, this RP is really only taking place in Beacon (and Emerald Forest, but that's because of initiation). I feel that if people start branching out and exploring the surrounding cityscape and other environments, things could become a lot more interesting.

What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:00 am

@JL the bounties won't be like that, I was just using it as an example as somewhere we haven't been

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:48 am

This idea is awesome, though I prefer acquiring some armor, or a vehicle with the token/currency you obtain from such bounties. Weapon parts are nice and all but it somehow has the possibility of making the character's weapon OP if it can be modified... Though unless the weapon parts only give you Elements and that they are very expensive, then I can see this as a good suggestion! Though of course, only the Mods and Admin could present such bounties.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:08 am

Laris_Cole wrote:
of making the character's weapon OP if it can be modified
If this becomes an actual with a store then there would be some moderation to what people get and what is logical to get for their weapons. There would probably be armor as well, although nothing big like a suit of armor, just shoulder plates and stuff. As for the vehicles, if there were vehicle for sail they would be very expensive.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:11 pm

DrGustave wrote:
Laris_Cole wrote:
of making the character's weapon OP if it can be modified
If this becomes an actual with a store then there would be some moderation to what people get and what is logical to get for their weapons. There would probably be armor as well,  although nothing big like a suit of armor, just shoulder plates and stuff. As for the vehicles, if there were vehicle for sail they would be very expensive.
Expensive or not, there are things fun to do that can easily snag you that money. On one hand you can go all GTA on Vale. On the other hand, nice people doing nice jobs for nice rich people could mean that said rich people repay you in kind. Of course, the job would probably be big.

But driving is always cool for underaged kids who fight monsters.
Back to top Go down
Laris_Cole

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:16 pm

JL wrote:
But driving is always cool for underaged kids who fight monsters.
There could even be drag races in the roads of Vale! Eventually, others would prefer to customize their vehicles instead of their weapons just for the thrill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:12 pm

JL wrote:
 On the other hand, nice people doing nice jobs for nice rich people could mean that said rich people repay you in kind. Of course, the job would probably be big.
 Jobs that pay enough to afford a vehicle would probably be the equivalent of a boss fight like a Death Stalker that has already killed numerous huntsmen/huntresses before, and would most likely be taken by your four person team to be divided up evenly afterwards.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JL

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:34 pm

DrGustave wrote:
JL wrote:
 On the other hand, nice people doing nice jobs for nice rich people could mean that said rich people repay you in kind. Of course, the job would probably be big.
 Jobs that pay enough to afford a vehicle would probably be the equivalent of a boss fight like a Death Stalker that has already killed numerous huntsmen/huntresses before, and would most likely be taken by your four person team to be divided up evenly afterwards.
Not everybody will be in a 4 person team in Beacon Academy.
Back to top Go down
DrGustave

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:45 pm

JL wrote:
Not everybody will be in a 4 person team in Beacon Academy.
 I'm not saying they will, but people who are and take a boss bounty will most likely bring their team with them, since it's a large enemy or task. people who aren't in four person groups might refrain from taking Boss bounties as it would be hard to take out a huge Death Stalker with only one or two people.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jobs Board   

Back to top Go down

Jobs Board
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: News :: Suggestions/Complaints-
Jump to: