RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Flying North [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:42 pm

Jacob leaned back in his chair, contemplating how best to tell his story
"We met in Vale, I had just arrived there from the North, I didn't know anyone and had nowhere to go" he turned to look at Hira whilst still addressing the congregation "she was near the gatehouse, saw how little I knew of the Humans and their ways, and taught me. Something I will always be thankful for."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:58 pm

Hira lets out a loud burst of laugher. "I'm STILL teaching you!" She exclaims in amusement.

The Elder nods with a slight smile on his face. "Tell us your story then. Any story will do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:05 pm

Jacob leaned forwards in his seat. There was only one story he deemed worth telling, the story that had seen him off to sleep countless times when he was a child. His Father would tell it by the fire at night, with the clan's cubs gathered round, their little wolf ears on end as they listened.
"I suppose I should tell a story from Clan Reaver" he exclaimed "Of which there is only one I know, for it is both a good one, and the most notable event in my Clan's past. The coming of the Arjak."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:07 pm

Everyone at the table leans in a little to listen better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:35 pm

"Almost a century ago, beyond the ice fields, deep in the heart of Wolf territory, there dwelt a ferocious Ursa. It was said that the beast was as huge as a mountain, with paws that could blot out the sun and a roar that could tear flesh from bone, Arjak, a name that means 'bringer of the endless night' in wolf. This huge beast, roamed the ice, destroying everything that crossed his path, laying waste to towns and encampments, tearing great gouges into the ice with his monstrous claws. Everywhere Arjak went, he left little more than red snow behind, devouring all his could to appease his insatiable hunger" Jacob leaned a little further forward, caught up in the moment "the heads of every wolf Clan gathered, in a desperate bid to rid themselves of this creature. But there were none who would dare attack such a beast, for fear that they too would fall, and be devoured. None that is, save for a lone wolf, Karnax Reaver, head of the Reaver clan, largest and proudest of all wolves. He vowed that he would not rest until Arjak's head had been torn from his shoulders. The other wolves thought him mad, but Karnax ignored their foul jibes, and set off into the ice, in search of his quarry. For months he trekked across the ice, accompanied by his many sons, for them there was no respite, no time to eat, their hatred of the great bear enough to sustain them until their task was complete. Finally they found Arjak. The creature had been in the act of fishing when they found it, it's enormous paw dredging the sea, pulling out enormous seals and whales by the handful before devouring them. Taking his mighty battle axe in his hand Jernulv issued his challenge, a howl that made the heavens above quake in fear. The great bear turned, and replied by blocking out the sun. It was impossible to tell how long the two fought, for the bear's titanic might blocked the sun from view and made the air itself freeze. But for all of Arjak's power, he could not stand before the might of the Reaver. Having his sons to stand down Karnax stood alone against the creature, soaked in it's blood, its cries of anger and pain forcing blood from his pointed ears. But fight he did. And Reaver's never fail their own, and never turn away from a fight. After what seemed like a month, Arjak scored a near fatal blow, swiping with his enormous paw, he passed Karnax' guard and took his arm for his own. But the Wolf didn't faulter. With a cry like thunder, he leaped onto the beast's outstretched paw, the strength of his clan becoming his own. With his axe in hand he reached the beast's head, and made good his vow. To this day, no Reaver has allowed any harm to come to the north, and the foul spawn of Arjak and his kind, have been forced into the darkness, never to return until the day no Reaver draws breath, and Karnax' axe lies buried with the clan." Jacob paused to take Jernulv from its sheath "and that day has yet to come." He turned the weapon over, to reveal the name, carved part of the way along the haft 'Karnax Reaver'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:47 pm

The Eldar nods in approval before stroking his rough beard, observing the runes. "A mighty blade you hold. We too, have a story but it is nowhere near as grand. Our dear Raziel wears the story as her shield and armor, and wields it as her blade. I doubt you have heard the story yet, but it is only fitting for Raziel to speak and regale us with family feats."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Jacob stowed his weapon and turned to face Hira, awaiting her to tell a tale of her own.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:15 pm

Sitting relaxed in her chair, Hira begins speaking. "The tale of the Steel Regalia begins ten years before I was born. During the Attrition Wars of the Gafflynder corporation, there was a hunter and a huntress that would show up during a battle, demolish the Gafflynder corporation's troops, and then vanish without a trace. Tales of the battlefield would describe a set of gleaming pneumatic armor on one of the duo, the other wielding a quandao and shield. Eventually there became a saying for them. 'Tried and true, blade of blue, silver armor makes it through'. In what was to be the final battle of the war, the dynamic duo appeared once again, but the Gafflynder corp had prepared. This was the first time an X2A walker was seen. A single one of the mountainous walking beings of metal razed the battlefield, destroying troop formations and anything even resembling a vehicle. The entire army ran from the gigantic warmachine, except for the two hunters. The armored one began to climb the massive machine while the blademaster began to hack and chop at it's ankles, hoping to bring it down. With a stroke of luck, the blade pierced an important hydraulic and brought the machine to it's knees, allowing the armored one to break into the cockpit and kill the driver. Having captured the machine, they quickly turned it against Gafflynder, forcing it to drag itself around and fire upon it's own formations. As Gafflynder had dumped most of it's resources into the machine, the loss of it on the field of battle effectively removed them from the war, allowing the duo to mop up the rest. The entire allied army mourned for they believed the two to be dead, when one day they came walking into the camp with a grin on their faces and their bodies intact. From that day forward, they swore to never let the X2A be used in battle again, but... that was until it was recovered and repaired. However, that is another story for another time." The dragoness says as she unstraps convergence and runs her fingers over the handle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:20 pm

Jacob already knew how the other story would end, with an orphaned dragon. He also knew that one way or another, Hira would have another tale of the Gafflynder corporation, a tale he had already vowed to be a part of. He gave the girl a comforting smile as she handled her blade.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:29 pm

Hira grins back at him and places the retracted quandao back in it's spinal holster, then pushes out her chair, standing. "Well, I think we'll be excused for the night. There will likely be snow everywhere in the morning so I would suggest preparing your shovels and picks." She gently taps Jacob on the shoulder as she passes behind him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:59 am

Jacob muttered a hastened goodbye and followed, skirting round the large wooden tables after Hira.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:06 am

Taking his hand at the door Hira pushes it open, walking into the blizzard.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:12 am

The wind had picked up since they'd entered the central building, Jacob lifted a forearm to shield his face from the abrupt whitewash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 am

Hira pulls her goggles down over her eyes and the glow from them intensifies. "I'll take you to where I wanted to go in the morning! Right now let's just concentrate on getting back to the house!" She shouts over the gale as she pulls Jacob through it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:24 am

The wolf lowered his arm and powered through the wind and snow
"Good thing you threw those logs on the fire before we left" he replied.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:26 am

Hira nods almost imperceptibly and after several minutes of pushing through the storm they get to the heavy door set in the cliff. With a yank the dragoness pulls it open and shoves Jacob inside before stepping in and shutting the door behind herself. "Good lord that's a strong blizzard... might have to break out the digging tools in the morning."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:30 am

"I'll give you a hand" Jacob grunted, shaking himself to dispel the white powder. He looked up and suppressed a chuckle, as he noticed that he'd caught her with the majority of the snow "sorry" he said, fighting back a smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:33 am

With a grin Hira scrapes some snow off herself and packs it into a snowball, slinging it into Jacobs face before darting around him into the other room with a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:35 am

Jacob spat out a mouthful of snow and gave off a playful growl before chasing her into the next room
"Oh you're for it now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:37 am

Hira runs around to fire to avoid him, grinning the entire time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:41 am

Jacob stood opposite her, crouched, mirroring her cheerful grin. He made a move and darted around the fire to try and catch her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:43 am

She immediately mirrors his movement, keeping herself on the opposite side of the fire before she trips and falls onto the floor padding.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:44 am

Jacob was there in seconds, kneeling beside her
"You ok?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:45 am

Hira rolls over and breaks out laughing, pulling him down next to her. "I'm great!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:50 am

He lay down beside her, before rolling over onto his side in order to face her.
"I'm glad."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:53 am

With a loud groan Hira stretches her limbs out, almost smiting Jacob. "We're also laying on the floor."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:57 am

Jacob looked around himself in mock bewilderment
"Oh yeah" he smiled "how'd that happen?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flying North [Closed]   

Back to top Go down

Flying North [Closed]