RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dusk Tempus

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 12:35 am

CHARACTER

Name: Dusk Tempus

Symbol:
Image:

Appearance:
Dusk is 5’11” and weighs around 135 lbs. He has jet-black slicked back hair, blue eyes, and occasionally a pair of spectacles. Dusk usually wears a black dress shirt, partially tucked into a pair of jeans over a pair of black dress shoes. When traveling he wears a black cloak over all of his regular clothes. He wears a black wrist watch on each of his arms, plus he has a golden pocket watch in the front pocket of his dress shirt.

History:
Dusk was born and raised in the City of Vale, and he grew up as a shop owner’s son.
He did not start out as wanting to be a Hunter. As a small child his mother read him stories of adventure and heroes. Even though he loved them, he never dreamed about him being able to do any of that.

One summer when he was 12 years old he was working at his father’s clock and watch shop to get some extra money to pay for miscellaneous activities around Vale. His job was to fix all the small clocks by either repairing the parts or switching them out for new ones. He works off to the side of a shop facing a counter on the wall, with a cart holding all the extra parts he could use on them. One day a customer came in and asked to get a better look at a golden watch that Mr. Tempus kept in a glass case behind him. When Mr. Tempus got out the watch, the man pulled out a pistol on him and quickly grabbed the watch.

Hearing the commotion Dusk turned around to see what was going on. He saw as the burglar started to back away toward the door with the gun pointed at his father. He also saw a woman opening the front door with the burglar’s back towards her. Seeing the gun, the woman starts to scream. This is when time seems to slow down around Dusk. Hearing the scream the burglar, startled, turns around to shoot the gun at the woman. Dusk quickly kicks the cart and it rolls toward the burglar knocking him over. He shoots the gun in surprise, but it just lodges harmlessly into the wall above the door. The burglar aims his gun around the room once being knocked down, but Dusk thinks, Stop, and the three people that are in the room seem to be reacting in slow motion. However, checking the watches around him, the hands move at the same speed they always did. He quickly goes over to the burglar and kicks the gun out of his hand and restrains him. The others just then returned to normal speed, a little confused at how he got across the room so fast.

After the police took away the burglar and the work day ended, Dusk wanted to see if he had actually caused the people to slow down. He went to hang out with his friends in Vale. They went walking through the streets, and during that time, Dusk slowed them down every once in a while. Dusk was certain that he caused it now. He had figured out his semblance.

A whole world of possibilities were created before him. Remembering the heroes in his old stories and how he had stopped that burglar, he decided he wanted to become a Hunter. So, he suggested it to his parents, and they signed him up for Signal Academy in the coming year. There he made his weapons and learned how to use both them and his semblance in combat.
Now he has graduated Signal and is heading to Beacon Academy to become a Huntsman.

Personality:
Dusk is an easy going guy. Glad to make friends, and be helpful to others. He generally always has a smile on his face, just because he’s happy to be alive and in the place in life that he is. He is friendly, always treating someone as a friend first, and he will gladly flirt with girls that are around him. He has no plans for the future and no cares about the past. He lives for the moment and all that it entails.

Strength:
-Friendly: you never know when you might need an ally.
-Social: dealing with people is enjoyable for him, rather than someone trying to avoid talking.
-Observant: He can tell a person’s intent through watching their body language (both in combat and out of it).
-Basic Strength: He can last in a fight with melee weapons pretty well.
-Aura Protection: He uses aura to partially keep his body safe from minor hits/wounds.
-Aura Healing: For the slightly stronger hits and wounds he uses his aura to increase healing a bit.

Weakness:
-He is not very good at close quarters combat, nor does he understand the workings of dust.
-He does not have great book smarts, so he isn’t to helpful with information in class.
-He is very lacking when he has to fight without his weapons or his semblance.
-Though he is social, he is not very good at talking about serious topics, and he tends to get nervous when they are brought up.

Semblance:
“Tick Tock”: Dusk can slow down his perception of time around him down to 5% of actual time at most. This steadily drops his aura storage. If his perception runs at 5% then his aura drops by 1% every real time second. If his perception runs at 50% then his aura drops by 1% every real time minute. Dusk can also speed up others' perception of time, but not the same time that he is slowing down his perception. When he speeds up others' perception, he can walk around them at normal speed while they slowly carry out what they were doing, thinking that time is passing regularly. Though this "slows down" people/creatures/other it will not slow down projectiles or objects that are in motion. This setting to his semblance however doubles the amount of aura used up from the last one. To activate this semblance, Dusk only needs to click his tongue.

WEAPON 1

Name: Loss

Primary Form:
Loss is a 6’ quarterstaff that is 1” in diameter. He uses the staff for mostly just defense, but it can be helpful with movement and non-wounding attacks. There is a barrel on each end of the staff that can be used to shoot either the regular bullets or propulsion bullets that he has loaded into it while it is in its shotgun form.

Secondary Form:
Loss can fold in half to become an actual double-barrel shotgun. When using propulsion bullets in this state, it doubles the strength of the push. When using regular bullets he now has a better chance of hitting his target. This is also the only time when he can reload the weapon.

WEAPON (Set) 2

Names: Grief (悲しみ) and the 5 Brothers: Denial (否定), Anger (怒り), Bargaining (交渉), Depression (うつ病), and Acceptance (受け入れ)

Primary Form:
Denial, Anger, Bargaining, Depression, and Acceptance are a set of five steel knives. Each of the knives has the japanese translation of it’s name written on the hilt. They are just regular knives, but in the butt of each of their hilts there is a thin coiled up rope that can be used to swing them around individually. The rope reaches as far as 5’ for each of them.

Secondary Form:
The ends of each of the ropes can connect to parts on a circular band made of steel. The inside of the band is just over 1” in diameter. The band is called Grief and is labeled 悲しみ. When not in use it is put in Dusk's shirt pocket next to his pocket watch. When he attaches the ropes to it, he puts the band around one of his fingers and spins it around rapidly like a propeller.

WEAPONS COMBINED

Finally, Dusk can put Grief on one end of Loss where barriers are put up to stop Grief from sliding off. With the strings attached, Dusk can shake Loss to make Grief quickly spin around making the knives into a propeller again. This time, however, it is farther away from his body and more maneuverable.

History:
Dusk made Loss, Grief, and the 5 Brothers when he joined Signal Academy so that he could have his own unique weapon set. He has been training with them ever since.

Last edited by Shortstop on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 7:18 pm

I have a slight issue with the semblance, but it should be easily fixed with a wording change. We can't allow a character to actually control time, only alter the perception of time. Either their own, or others. It's not exactly clear which it does right now, so I need you to clarify that it is only the perception of time that is changed.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 3:20 pm

Just to be clear so that I can just make the change of the semblance in one go, should I get rid of the second part about slowing down a specific object? There isn't any way I can think of to physically slow that down with it being a perception of time. Such as the bullet in the history, I'm not sure how an inanimate object can have a perception of time.

Otherwise, I believe I know how to alter the rest of the semblance.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Well, it really depends on if you want Dusk to be effected by his own semblance or not. If he were to alter his own perception of time it could allow him extra time to react to external objects. If you did that, however, I think I would want him to have to switch between altering is own or other's perception. In other words, he could do both, but not at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 10:04 am

I can understand that last bit. But what I'm referring to is like in his history, where I made him slow down a bullet so that he could walk over and pull the woman out of the way. It just seems like he wouldn't be able to do that if he just alters his perception of time. If he just alters his perception, that sounds to me like he would just be able to see what was happening slowly, but only be able to do anything at normal speed.

As in, he sees someone going to punch him, he slows down his perception of time, and he slowly dodges it. While the original way, someone goes to punch him, he slows down time around him, and he dodges at normal speed while he sees the person punching really slowly.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 3:30 pm

Well, after thinking about this over the weekend I was hoping to have a better answer than "dunno," but I don't. I try to stay away from thinking about time. It gives me a headache. Sorry
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeMon Mar 17, 2014 6:18 pm

Darn, well I did what I could with changing it.

He now can either make himself see time slower, or have people's perspectives sped up. I also changed the history a bit when he uses his semblance, so you might want to double check that as well.

Anything else?
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:12 pm

Works for me +1
Back to top Go down
Skylight
Approval Minion
Skylight

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:15 pm

Approved 2/2
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:51 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shortstop
Enforcement Minion
Shortstop

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2014 11:55 pm

Edits:

-Decreased width of staff to 1" because I didn't understand measurement at the time.
-Decreased width of the band/ring to match the decrease in the staff width.
-Changed sentence about wearing the band on his wrist to leaving it in his pocket because of the size change.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dusk Tempus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dusk Tempus   Dusk Tempus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dusk Tempus
Page 1 of 1