RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Empty
PostSubject: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:35 am

Now, where to start looking?

Upon leaving the teashop, Xarias followed Fei outside, noticing how busy everyone around was with their own business. There was definitely more people now then there was when he first entered the shop, people were bustling about, minding their own business, one person even bumped into Xarias and glared at him before leaving while hauling a bag that was twice his size.

After getting away from the crowd, Xarias looks over to Fei and asks, "So, we search online for some adds? Or do you want to look on foot?"
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:06 am

Fei tilted her head, frowning as the question was brought up, but then she recalled that there was such a thing as an "internet" and that their scrolls had access to such an internet. Looking about, she saw no sign of any real estate agency, so she nodded. "Well, I suppose we should start looking online, I'd rather not make you follow me for hours." She would say, pointing to the scroll strapped to her waist.

"Why don't you search and .. I'll .. follow you?"
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 9:28 am

Blushing slightly at Fei's suggestion, Xarias shakes it off and pulls out his scroll, searching the internet for nearby apartments for sale or for rent. Sifting through the adds, Xarias spots one a couple of blocks away, not too far to walk to on foot. "If you're willing to walk there's an apartment nearby here in this district but if you don't like it we could find something else." he said, showing Fei his scroll and the details of the apartment on it. The page showed it to be a bit small but close enough to downtown vale without being too noisy and distracting. Studying the page a bit Xarias scratches his head, thinking whether or not they should be going there or finding some place else.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:38 pm

Fei looked over the details, scrutinizing it with a buyer's eye before leaning over to push Xarias along. "Well, go on then .. I said I'd follow you, not stand next to a confused you." She would say with a small smile, pushing her new friend along.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 4:04 am

"Uhm, ok. Let's go then." Xarias said, starting to regain his footing after being nudged on by Fei. "It's a few blocks away but it doesn't seem to far to go to on foot, hopefully we know it when we see it and we don't get lost on the way." He said, putting his scroll away, now walking leisurely with Fei to their destination.

After walking for quite some time, Xarias checks his scroll to see if they were in the right place. "Let's see, this seems like it." he said, scanning the building with utmost scrutiny, carefully taking note of the buildings facade and structure as if studying his prey. The building wasn't all too big but rose a few stories off the ground, roughly 12 floors in height and moderately built. The facade consisted of some careful masonry near the entrance, contrasting with the modern-looking glass windows on the next floor.  Since he wasn't much of a speaker with others, Xarias decides to let Fei inquire about any openings. "So, ladies first?" he says, extending his hand towards the doorway.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 9:26 pm

Fei smiled, enjoying the time she was spending with someone outside of school. Xarias seemed like a very nice person, kind in a brotherly way and exhibited a very serious demeanor that melted away to show off a genuinely friendly and all-around good personality. As they stopped in front of the apartment they were supposed to look over, Fei turned towards her friend's semi-sarcastic, gentleman's approach to the situation and shook her head amused. "Come on, then. Do you know the name of the landlord whom owns it?" Fei would ask, pushing in the door, stepping inside the apartment complex.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 2:22 am

Just as Xarias was about to reply, a tall woman wearing a dark purple suit and black sunglasses greets them with, "Welcome to Madame Drole's humble abode!" before suddenly hugging Fei with utmost delight. "My, my, what do we have here? A young couple looking for a new home? How romantic."

Looking around, Xarias sees no other people before realizing she meant them and hurriedly said, "You got it all wrong! We're not a couple, we're just friends!"

"Tsk tsk tsk, no need to hide your embarrassment young man. There are plenty like you and like I always say, the younger the better!" she interjected, giving them a wry smile, clearly amused by Xarias' panicking. Not even letting him reply yet she says, "So, I assume you two are looking for a nice apartment, and by the looks of it something moderately sized but still comfortable enough. Mhhmm, ahh, got just the thing!" she quickly said before dashing off towards a nearby door.

"Wait!" unable to explain their situation, the lady shut the door before Xarias could say anything. "Sorry about that, I'm guessing she's the landlady. She seems to think we're a couple for some reason. Odd" he said, slightly blushing before shaking his head vigorously, trying to shake the thought off of his mind.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 5:31 pm

Fei blinked at how sudden things had progressed, still recovering from the sudden hug, she barely could catch the strange woman's words before blinking even more. Alas, before she could correct her, she'd already dashed back inside to apparently find 'just the right thing' for the both of them. Looking back, she smiled at Xarias and shrugged her shoulders, chuckling a bit. "Well .. uh .. I suppose we could correct her when she comes back out? I mean .. it is kind of normal for her to assume that." Fei would say, nodding in an effort to keep the air from getting too awkward.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:43 am

"Yeah, I guess we should do that." He said, still blushing a bit from the previous events, waiting for the landlady, Xarias says, "I wonder what kind of roo..."

"Sorry to keep you waiting!" Madame Drole shouts out, extremely pleased with her customer patience despite the relatively short time they actually waited. "Now if you'll follow me I'll show you to your room!"

Dashing off again she heads to the elevator down the lobby, while swinging the keys she got on her right index finger. Seeing as the two were slightly lagging behind she dashes back and says, "Quickly, quickly. Don't be snails now, young couples should be lively!"

"But we're no..." Just before Xarias could finish a sentence, the woman dashes off again to the elevator, tapping her foot as she waited for them. Shrugging towards Fei he starts walking towards the elevator. "Maybe we'll get to explain better in the elevator." he said, trying to hide the blushing on his face by the woman's previous comment.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 11:30 am

Fei rubbed the back of her head as she followed the landlady further into the building, head turning to regard Xarias with a small smile. "I don't know how to explain it asides from telling her .." She would say, walking the last few steps before getting inside the elevator with the landlady. Waving Xarias in, she turned towards the landlady and smiled again. "Um .. excuse me? We're not a couple .. we're just friends looking for a place for ourselves." She would start to try and explain.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 9:04 pm

"Sure you are, it all starts out as friends but later on..." Laughing heartily, the woman wipes back a tear as she smiles brightly towards Fei. "I'm sure you'll love the place I've got just for you, spacious, aesthetic, and best of all designed by me!" Pressing the button for the last floor of the building, just before the roof, just as Xarias walks in smiling at the two.

Sighing a bit, Xarias just shrugs and says, "Well, it better be good." A slight hint of irritation in his voice.

"OF COURSE IT IS! You'll be amazed at the wonder that is the work of Madame Drole!" She exclaimed just as the doors closed.

It didn't take long to reach the last floor, the building didn't rise too high anyhow. Now skipping towards a large door, the landlady inserts a large silver key into a very pristine-looking yet oddly shaped door and heads inside.

"Let's go then." Xarias said, having quickly cooled down as the lady left, following in suit while heading for the door just a few feet down the hallway.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 2:45 pm

Fei tilted her head at the woman's words, a little concerned now that she didn't seem to be swerving away from the thought of them being a couple, but actually directing more towards it the longer she talked. Noting her friend's tone, she frowned a bit and looked down at the floor, crossing her arms behind her back as she patiently tapped her foot; waiting for the elevator to stop. She hadn't planned on such an eccentric landlady and nor did she plan on her pushing them to share an apartment together. Well, if all went wrong .. she could always just suggest that Xarias buy it for just himself. Beacon wasn't such a bad place to live in .. but the privacy would be nice. Looking up, she quickly followed Xarias out of the elevator and into the apartment the lady seemed so intent on them having.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Just as Xarias walked in he noticed the apartment's layout and quickly appreciated the design, somewhat cooling down upon seeing it. It was actually quite large compared to what he expected but that suddenly made him realize if he would be able to afford it even with Fei along. Inspecting the living room, he slides his hand across the couch, appreciating the soft feel it had to it. Taking a step into the next room he looks over and notices it's the kitchen but it was lacking in utensils and the like, though that'd be expected due to the fact that they probably had to get some themselves. Looking over to Fei he smiles and says, "Looks nice, what do you think? Might be a bit pricey but we could probably handle it."
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 3:02 pm

Fei looked around, smiling at how spacious and luxurious it was, tilting her head a bit as she noted the kitchen, living room and another room to her far left that was obscured by a wall. Turning back toward Xarias, she smiled and scratched her cheek again, shrugging slightly. "I dunno, I don't think I could afford it .. besides, we're looking for an apartment for just you, remember?" She would remind him, subtly pointing out that this apartment was clearly meant for more then just a single person .. though it wasn't impossible for a single person to live in such a place by him or herself.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 6:19 am

Oh yeah, I completely forgot. But wouldn't something like this be too much for me alone?

Trying to get his thoughts together he started to realize he was just assuming that she wanted to find one as well. Thinking it over he smiles and says, "It's a bit too big for just one person, and if you want, I bet I could figure something out" Besides, aren't you a bit sad at Beacon all the time?

"Figure what out?" Suddenly appearing behind Xarias, Madame Drole throws a quick question at her unsuspecting victim before grabbing his shoulders. Cringing slightly as she grabbed him, Xarias shakes her off and says, "You could at least give a warning before doing that!"

"Now, now, temper, temper" She says, quickly dismissing him. "You're probably worrying about the price now, aren't you?"
Damn, she's sharp!
"But no need to worry, because since I like you both so much I'm willing to give you a discount!" she exclaimed with utmost glee. "Besides, you looks so cute together!"
"Just how much of a discount are we talking about here?" He said, quickly raising an eyebrow at the eccentric woman's sudden offer.

"Let's just say in exchange for almost half of it you'll have to help me around with maintenance every now and maybe even do a few errands. So, what do you say?" she said, a slight hint of excitement in her voice.

"Fei, what do you think?" he says, looking over to Fei, somewhat hoping she'll change her mind for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 8:37 am

At the words spoken, she frowned a bit and scratched her cheek again, blinking as she looked off to the side; staring out the window in the process as she considered this proposal. Of course, she could take advantage of this by agreeing to it so Xarias could have a very nice place to himself for far cheaper then usual and she herself could just go back to Beacon. If anything, she could come over to Xarias's to visit and help around .. her excuse could be that she was busy with schoolwork if the landlady asked any questions. Though deep down she wished Xarias remembered his initial stand on the issue .. sighing softly, she turned her head back towards Xarias and smiled, nodding.

"Sure, why not."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 7:01 pm

Smiling brightly at Fei he says, "Great! Now how do I..."

Suddenly cutting Xarias off she exclaims, "Wonderful! Now if you'll follow me sir and ma'am, all you have to do is fill out some forms and the like and we'll be done." As if grabbing a scroll from midair, the lady presents it to Xarias and Fei, a somewhat long document that stated ownership, terms of living, and other boring stuff. Groaning a bit at having to read all of that through, he starts going through the "paperwork" and finally gets to the end where he should sign. "I'll get a copy of this, right?"

"Of course you will. Madame Drole ensures that all her tenants shall only receive the best of the best." she replied.

Looking over to Fei,unknowing of her plan, he blows his hair from his eyes before saying, "So, I'll sign it up in my name then we'll be good to go. I could help you with moving in too, you probably have a lot of stuff back at Beacon."
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 6:46 pm

Fei blinked, leaning over to read the agreement form as well. When finished and faced with Xarias's words, she felt a lump in her throat and suddenly felt very bad for what she was about to say next. "W-well .. I was actually hoping you would just .. have the place to yourself," She would start, looking over towards the landlady. "Like we were trying to tell you, we're not a couple .. we're just friends looking for a place four ourselves. You know?" Fei would finish, reminding Xarias yet again why they had come here. Now thoroughly ruffled by the events that were taking place, she crossed her arms and stared at the landlady again.

"Do you not have individual condominium's for sale?"
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 7:12 pm

"My, my, what an unexpected turn of events." She said, "I feel utterly crushed! No, betrayed!" Starting to wail and cry at the sudden turn of events, Madame Drole grabs a handkerchief from her right breast pocket and starts blowing her nose. After a minute of crying and ignoring their explanations she suddenly goes back to normal and says, "Maybe...but do not expect them to be as wonderful as this one. And are you sure, young miss? Because you won't find a offer like this elsewhere."

Still a bit confused over what was happening, Xarias is lost in thought over what he should do. The sudden wailing caught him completely off guard but then he suddenly remembered why they came here in the first place. Staying quiet over the exchange he mentally scolded himself for acting so stupid while probably embarrassing both himself and his new friend. Sighing a bit he quietly said, "Well, I guess it may be a bit too much..." I'm such an idiot...I should probably cut the whole thing off...besides, the inn was always quite comfy...
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 pm

Fei closed her eyes and scratched her cheek, crossing her arms as she was faced with this marvelously cliche situation. She wanted Xarias to have a place to call home after all .. but it seemed like he had changed his mind the moment she said that it wasn't what they had initially come out to look for. It was something she'd never done after all, living under the same roof with another person, yet had it not been for the events that had taken place before this .. she would have never met Xarias and made a friend. Opening her eyes she tilted her head and looked over towards Xarias, who seemed a little distraught.

"W-well .. I don't know. Why do you suddenly look so sad, Xarias?" She would ask, waving the landlady away for the moment.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:36 am

"Huh?" Upon hearing Fei's sudden concern Xarias snaps out of his little mental prison and turns to her to address the issue. "I-it's nothing. I mean, if you really don't want to stay I won't force you." Quietly thinking over his options Xarias places his hand to his chin and mulls over the possibilities left, be it if she did decide to join him or not. Raising an eyebrow to the landlady he says, "Give us a minute to think this over."

Leaving the room, Madame Drole heads for the other rooms to do some inspecting just in case they really did decide to get the place. Checking the bathrooms, bedroom, and the like for any problems. What an odd pair they are.
Back to top Go down
Kawazoe

Kawazoe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 7:09 pm

Tilting her head, at ease but still holding a bit of concern for her new friend, she looked towards the landlady's back before returning her gaze back to Xarias. "You don't want to settle down and make more friends, Xarias?" She would ask, bringing up the conversation topic they'd had just an hour or so ago. 'He moves around a lot and doesn't really have family, many friends or even a home .. I thought this would be a good idea .. wasn't it?'
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:42 pm

"Of course I want more friends, it's just that..." Taking a deep breath Xarias continues, "Do I really need a permanent place to stay for such a thing?" Thinking it over again, Xarias starts to see an error in his actions. He's obviously rushing the whole thing although it's not that bad an idea, just not something that should be done as a spur of the moment thing. Looking Fei in the eye he says, "I'm sorry for dragging you into all of this. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]   Hunting for Homes [CLOSED] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting for Homes [CLOSED]
Page 1 of 1