RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Itching to Fight (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wingedone

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Itching to Fight (open)   Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Matrax stepping into the arena of the Academy. The room smelled of a mix of sweat and blood, a scent that brought joy to Matrax. He looked around the room to see if there was anyone he could challenge to a fight in the area. All he saw instead was nothing but emptiness. Matrax let out a sigh, was there really no one at the arena waiting to fight him. He did an about face looking down the hallway of the school. He brought his hands up to cup his mouth. "HEY! SOMEONE COME FIGHT ME!" He shouted down the hall his voice echoing around a bit.

Matrax turned around and walked back to the center of the arena and began stretching waiting for someone to hopefully come and fight him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
avatar

Posts : 1380
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:17 am

Kaali had been in the locker room, changing out of her third year uniform to her standard combat clothes, which end up being just as formal as her previous attire. Still, she greatly preferred this to the uniform, and was happy to change out of it when possible. Quietly closing her locker, she grabbed her large but somewhat lightweight metal case and threw it on her back, spear going with it, and headed through the doors into the arena floor.

Her mind was preoccupied with something, as her path toward the larger firing range just outside the arena was blocked by another first year student. A loud one at that. Stopping as she approached him, she raised her eyebrow at him, wondering just what he was doing. Kaali never created much sound when she walked around, but she was certainly no ninja. Its quite likely she could be heard in her approach toward the unfamiliar student.

________________________________
Team Kyanos: Kirkka Scarlet Olivia Yakolev Nathan Khrysos Sacha Cichlid
Other Things: Kaali Charen Alban Skyn Event/Moderator
Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wingedone

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:38 am

Matrax heard the footsteps of another person in the room. He stopped and looked noticing the faunas girl looking at him and approaching him. Matrax clapped his hands together turning towards the girl. "Hey there, here to fight?" He asked the girl. He interlaced his fingers stretching his arms in front of him, his fingers giving a nice pop as he did so.

His eyes glazed across the girl noting her attire and fashion choice. His eye locked onto her spear she had on her back, the black tip drawing his gaze. It looked like a beautiful weapon, something that wouldn't be much of a problem for him. His eyes traveled down the shaft and he noticed part of a metal case, hmm, wonder what's in the case. Maybe something for the weapon, or maybe a more interesting weapon, spears are boring to fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
avatar

Posts : 1380
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:16 am

Fight? So he's looking for a sparring partner? I see. This... would be a good time to check the targeting system on a moving target. Never seen this one before, though. First year? Kaali says nothing in response for a few seconds as she does her own visual review of the person in front of her. As those seconds pass, she grabs a notepad with an attached pen from a back pocket on her pants, and quickly writes something on it and shows it to Matrax.

Code:
You wish to spar? I am a
third year student, but I
 accept.
    Go easy on me!

After giving sufficient time for the pad to be read, she lowers it from eye level, subtly flipping it to a different page but not revealing the contents yet as she waits for his response. A calm, warm smile is attached to her face as she reaches up with her free hand, adjusting her glasses by grabbing the corner of the frame.

________________________________
Team Kyanos: Kirkka Scarlet Olivia Yakolev Nathan Khrysos Sacha Cichlid
Other Things: Kaali Charen Alban Skyn Event/Moderator
Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wingedone

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:40 pm

Matrax pulled his eyes away from the girl and watched as she pulled out a notepad and began writing on it. is she mute? he thought watching her before she showed him the note. He read it quickly muttering it to himself as he read it. He looked at the girl as she lowered the note. "I'll go as easy as I can" he said to her with a smirk on his face.

"One sec, let me grab my weapon," Matrax said pointing over his shoulder at the claws laying on a bench. He turned and walked to the bench pulling his gloves off as he walk and throwing them under the bench.

Matrax stuck his hand into one of the claws, and lifted it up to look at it. He flexed his fingers making sure he could still move them easily. He stuck his hand in the second claws and repeated the process. He lingered on this one a bit longer, admiring how the light of the arena played off the metal of the claws. He then spun around and looked back at the girl. "Ready when you are" he semi shouted walking back  towards her his arms swinging at his sides as he walked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
avatar

Posts : 1380
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:33 am

Kaali watched as he walked away, confused briefly at first, but she spotted the claws laying in Matrax's direction. She begins slowly following, as she flips the notepad page to one of the first ones, holding it up for him to see once he turns around. The writing on this page is extremely neat, but the page seems fairly worn, a sign that it has been shown in this manner many times.

Code:
My name is Kaali Charen,
 third year at Beacon Academy
 in the city of Vale.
 Nice to meet you!

Kaali counts to five in her head, allowing plenty of time for her new acquaintance to finish reading her silent introduction, before she flips the page twice, revealing yet another premade message, this time about dueling it seems. There is some other text on the page as well, but she is covering it with her hand. Perhaps that message is irrelevant in the current situation.

Code:
I surrender when I point my
spear to the ground and raise
my left hand in the air.
Please do not forget!

And once again, allowing for ample time for the message to be read, she closes the pad, and slips it into her back pocket. The large metal case on her back slides off a second later as she releases its straps, letting it rest on the ground as she takes the spear off of it. She takes a few steps to the left of it, and assumes a defensive stance, nodding her head once as a signal that she is ready. Her expression changes with this stance to a somewhat more serious one as she focuses her mind, yet she retains a faint smile.

________________________________
Team Kyanos: Kirkka Scarlet Olivia Yakolev Nathan Khrysos Sacha Cichlid
Other Things: Kaali Charen Alban Skyn Event/Moderator
Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wingedone

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:46 pm

OOC: Sorry I havn't replied till now. Had lots of homework the last few days to work on.

IC:
Matrax looked at the page of the notebook the girl had flipped to. It looked very used, obviously she had met a lot of people. Then again in 3 years you'd assume she'd have met a lot of people. A second later she flipped to another page. He read over the page detailing how she surrendered. "Makes sense" he said reading the page "I won't forget."

He took a step back from her as she got herself ready, her metal case coming to rest on the ground as she grabbed her spear and took a defensive looking stance. Matrax lifted his hands up his left foot brought behind him a bit as he got ready to fight. His claws open ready to strike. He noted the change of expression on Kaali's face.

"Let's begin then!" Matrax shouted dashing towards Kaali. His right arm held across his body in case he needed to block. When he got close to her he swung his left in a hook aiming for a body blow so that the follow through would bring the blade of the claws across her side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
avatar

Posts : 1380
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:15 pm

Kaali waited until Matrax closed the gap, then silently jumped back to avoid the claw strike, utilizing her superior range to counter attack with a swift stab toward Matrax's left thigh. Though, it appears to be mostly an attempt to set him off balance, because regardless of the result of the strike, Kaali immediately jumps backward again with a surprising burst of agility, and begins running across the arena floor, away from Matrax. An unusual strategy for a duel, to say the least.

________________________________
Team Kyanos: Kirkka Scarlet Olivia Yakolev Nathan Khrysos Sacha Cichlid
Other Things: Kaali Charen Alban Skyn Event/Moderator
Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wingedone

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:25 pm

Matrax followed through with the hook as Kaali leaped away from him, just because she evaded didn't mean he should show poor form. Matrax had a problem here through as Kaali stabbed towards him with her spear. Thinking fast Matax did a quick upper cut into the air with his right turning his body into the strike and dropping his left leg back to avoid the strike at his thigh, though just barely as the edge of the blade slid across his pants leaving a nice clean slice in them.

Matrax stumbled back from his foolhardy punch, his stance and balance completely thrown off by how he had managed to dodge the attack. He noticed Kaali moving away from him, very odd for a fight. As he caught his balanced he pulled himself into a rough fighting stance leaning on his back left foot with his left hand by his face the elbow back. His right hand in front of him looking as if he were waiting for someone to grab his hand and arm wrestle him. He stood in his pose watching the girl as she ran, What is she doing? he thought watching her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
avatar

Posts : 1380
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:17 am

Kaali gained plenty of distance from her temporary opponent as she slowed down, realizing she wasn't being chased. She came to a stop on the other side of the arena, assuming a similar stance she had at the beginning as she turned around to face Matrax. The only noticeable change in the stance was that her spear was more extended, further away from her body, with the tip being pointed toward Matrax, almost like a gun. She silently waited, unmoving. She must to be waiting for Matrax to approach her again.

________________________________
Team Kyanos: Kirkka Scarlet Olivia Yakolev Nathan Khrysos Sacha Cichlid
Other Things: Kaali Charen Alban Skyn Event/Moderator
Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wingedone

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Matrax stood for a moment as Kaali stooped and took a similar stance to that which she had started with. The difference at least all that Matrax could tell was this distance was that it seemed her spear was out further from her. Additionally the tip was aimed right at him. Everything seemed a bit off right now.

Regardles of what Matrax thought he still had to get close to Kaali in order to win. Matrax stepped back with his right foot and swung his arms down opening up his body for a moment. "Let's go buck wild!" He yelled and running straight towards Kaali. His whole body leaned forward with his arms behind him as he ran.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
avatar

Posts : 1380
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:53 pm

Kaali presses a subtle button on her spear, remaining in place as she points it at her temporary enemy. Suddenly, the large case she dropped off, now behind Matrax, comes to life, opening and unfolding to reveal a four legged turret about 4 feet high. The turret immediately digs into the ground, and turns, following its new target as the chaingun begins spinning up. All these things should be easily noticeable, but if they weren't, Matrax is in for a surprise when a storm of bullets are directed toward him.

Kaali's face is calm as she fights, watching her target intently, focusing on nothing else.

________________________________
Team Kyanos: Kirkka Scarlet Olivia Yakolev Nathan Khrysos Sacha Cichlid
Other Things: Kaali Charen Alban Skyn Event/Moderator
Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wingedone

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:30 am

As Matrax continued to head at Kaali he heard a sound of metal on metal and gears from behind him. He stole a glance over his shoulder as he saw the turret that had dug into the ground out of nowhere. No, not no where he thought, that's where the case was, so that's what was inside it. Matrax was in a tough position now trapped between a rock and a hard place. He could continue to run at Kaali and attempt to dodge the bullets as he ran dodging back and forth or he could spiral back to the turret avoiding the bullets so he could take it out, but at the same time risking an easy counter from Kaali who he already could easily intercept him while he ran.

but then there is option C he thought arching out as he ran towards her aiming to get behind her. The resulting action provided avoidance of the bullets as he ran but allowing him to still approach Kaali. He readied himself for an attack by Kaali as he approached from  her left.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
avatar

Posts : 1380
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:37 am

Kaali kept herself facing her target, taking a few steps back as he approaches and switching into a defensive stance. Her spear tip points higher in the air, and is at its maximum range, making it difficult to close the distance on her. With this, the hailstorm of bullets slow to a stop, as the tracking system was disabled by Kaali's new position. The defensive posture taken allows Kaali to easily make quick strikes at any approaching target, forcing them to remain distant.

________________________________
Team Kyanos: Kirkka Scarlet Olivia Yakolev Nathan Khrysos Sacha Cichlid
Other Things: Kaali Charen Alban Skyn Event/Moderator
Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wingedone

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2014-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 pm

ooc: I feel bad for replying so slow Koop. I didn't reply right away because I couldn't think of what to do and then when I thought of it I forgot to get on and post.

IC:

Matrax slid to a stop with Kaali between him and the turret which had not stopped firing. He straighted himself and looked at the girl holding her spear up towards him. Matrax looked at he and turned his body with his right arm hanging in front of him ready to move and block attacks, while his left was by his cheek again ready to strike. It was a stand off for him and Kaali, both standing defensively not making the first strike. In that posture there's no way I'd get a hit on her without taking many myself. I need to wait for her to strike before I counter. Matrax thought as he watched the girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kooplah
Head Admin
avatar

Posts : 1380
Join date : 2013-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:16 pm

OOC: No worries! The forums aren't going anywhere, and I have plenty of things to keep busy with.

Kaali waited patiently for Matrax to make a move, but when it never happened, Kaali decided to act herself, something quite out of character for her. She steps closer to Matrax before making a lunging strike with her spear toward his left leg, utilizing the great range a spear affords her to stay safe. The simple attack allows her to bring the spear back, already poised for another strike or a block.

________________________________
Team Kyanos: Kirkka Scarlet Olivia Yakolev Nathan Khrysos Sacha Cichlid
Other Things: Kaali Charen Alban Skyn Event/Moderator
Color Scheme#d70040 #a40031 #af7418 #2f7642 #1853af #545454 #b6ceff
"Speaking." Thinking. Doing. -Sign Language-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drom

avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2014-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:26 am

After class ended he decided to come down to the arena and rest with a good collection of notes that he written down for this week, he’d be fully prepared for the incoming quizzes in the following days. He was about to fall asleep with one page of his notes on his face till Matrax shouted, declaring a right of challenge to anyone who steps in the ring. He sat up straight and scratched his head. He sat properly facing the arena observing what would happen next only to have a third year student step up.

It seems a battle is about to commence, perhaps I can learn a thing or two from this battle and apply a new technique. The way he studies fights like these would be to imagine as if he was fighting one or fighting the other.

Apparently her case is not just for show for in reality it’s just a folded turret only to look like a case, The model almost looks like a Quad Caliber, automatic sentry gun and apparently it was customize to fit her battle strategy. Now to assess the actual strategy, she had to make her opponent think her spear was the only weapon he should worry about, seeing as he’s a straight forward man wanting to test her mettle he fell for her trap. He didn’t pay attention to the case.

Meaning to say she leap backwards on purpose, heck it caught me off guard too. Then while she’s at a good distance away from him in which if he chooses to rush forward she can defend herself with the spear and to assure there won’t be any compromise to her defensive actions she activated the turret making her opponent notice it and hesitate leaving them off with a choice.

The First choice was that he’d charge right at her, relying on the primitive instincts to dodge the bullets firing from behind. There’s a good chance that he’ll get hit by those bullets, on the other hand if he attempts to attack the turret now she would intervene and leap forward. There is absolutely no way he can get close to her without being shot from behind or that he’d take out the turret knowing it would prove as an opportunity for her to strike.

This isn’t a strategy made for assault rather it’s for defense and counteroffensive measures. This means that his opponent….isn’t battle born.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Itching to Fight (open)   

Back to top Go down
 
Itching to Fight (open)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Never Trust a Dutch Man In a Tulip Fight {OPEN}
» To Pour Salt Into An Open Wound...
» Should i call my girlfriend after a fight?
» Work of Art (open to all)
» The Shivering Isles (Open To All!)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Basket :: Basket-
Jump to: