RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Fire at the Forge [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Tritan

PostSubject: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:21 pm

Hira groaned as she sat in the Dust powered helicopter. Currently the helicopter was headed for a small town way north of Vale. A mining town with a rare metal mine that goes by the name Vorn Tharum. "How long till we get there?!" She yells over the din of the chopper blades.Not even bothering to wait for a response, she yanks a book out of her pack and flips it open to a random page.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Don't look, don't look, don't look Jacobs eyes were shut and his hands were clasping the sides of the seat so tightly his entire hands had turned white. He did not like heights, and on top of that the noise of the chopper was deafening, had his hands not been clutching the seat they would have been attempting to block out the relentless whirring.
"Are we there yet?" He shouted in Hira's direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Hira looked over at Jacob with a little bit of pity. Digging through her pack for a moment she pulled out a notepad and wrote on it. 'Sit on the floor in front of me. I can cover your ears and there's handholds. And no, not there yet.' She then showed this to Jacob, gently tapping his shoulder to get his attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:38 pm

The Faunas opened one eye to inspect the message, then shook his head.
"I'll be ok" he shouted "it's not the noise so much as the view. Why did we have to go this far from Vale anyway, what's so special about Vorn Tharum?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Hira rolled her eyes and grabbed his arm, yanking him to her side before wrapping an arm around him. "It's the only place to get warpfell! A one-source mine as they say!" She shouts. Sticking a hand in her backpack, she pulls out a scarf before carefully wrapping it around his ears.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:47 pm

The noise died down a little and Jacob took a firmer grip on his fear. This was his first time in an airship, and deep down he knew it wouldn't be his last, a few more trips under his belt and he'd be fine, but for now it was almost enough to make him want to whimper. Almost.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 pm

Hira looks out the side window and sees that they're getting near to the town. "Pilot! Put us down here!" She yells into the cockpit as she starts zipping up her pack. Once she's zipped up her pack she turns to Jacob and squeezes his shoulder. "Hold on for just another minute! We're touching down now!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm

With a high pitched whine the chopper began its descent. With one eye open the wolf observed solid ground becoming that much closer, his grip on the seat loosened. He turned his head towards Hira and nodded his thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:05 pm

With a smile Hira yells once more over the engine. "We'll have to do a drop! It's too crowded with trees for the chopper to land so we're going to do a ten foot jump with rappel lines!" She grabs a cable from a boom integrated into the ceiling and clips it onto her belt, tugging on it before clipping in Jacob for him. "Come on, I'll go first!" She shouts as she hits the release latch for the door, the panel of metal sliding back and the cables locking into the rappelling track. She grabs her pack and slings it over her shoulder then raises her hand, making a signal with her fingers. '3. 2. 1. 0.' When she clenches her hand into a fist, Hira grabs the rappelling line, spins around and kicks off from the chopper, slowly lowering to the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:15 pm

His courage returned, Jacob cast an eye downwards. Only ten feet he reached down and unfastened the harness. Grabbing his back he leaped clear of the chopper, much to the alarm of the pilot. He dropped down and landed on the ground with a muffled thud. Swinging his bag over his shoulder he waited for Hira to join him on the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:18 pm

Hira touches down and unclips her line, throwing a rather annoyed look at Jacob. "Are you stupid? You could have hurt yourself!" She snaps as she quickly checks him over. Letting out a sigh once she's confirmed he's alright, she glowers up at him before stalking towards town, fastening her armor securely to her back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:22 pm

"It was only ten feet, you said so yourself" Jacob shrugged "What's the big deal?" He broke out into a slow jog to try and keep pace with the fuming girl.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:25 pm

Spinning around and getting up in his face Hira narrows her eyes. "Until you've seen as many drop accidents as I have, just go by how I show you. Unless you want me to pick your shredded flesh out of the turbines or having to reset your femur without a splint." She snarls at him before shaking her head and starting back towards town.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:29 pm

"I'm sorry" he grunted"didn't mean to give you a scare. Besides, you don't have to worry about me, you'd be surprised at what I can walk away from." he realized his mistake just after the last words had left his mouth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:44 pm

Whipping around and grabbing him by the collar, Hira slams Jacob up against a tree, baring her teeth in a barely contained snarl before yelling in his face. "Can you walk away from a metal blade passing through you at the speed of sound?! How about being mulched in a 2000 degree furnace?! Don't get me started on what you can and can't walk away from, Reaver. You may not realize it but you're extremely lucky to have walked away from that unharmed. I've done that once, and guess what? I had my right horn ripped from my skull. I was in the hospital for months. And you're telling me not to worry about you? How could I not?! You're the only friend I have besides that drunkard Fionn! But unlike him I actually care about you!" By the time she's finished ranting and yelling at him her arm is shaking. She lets go of his collar and lets her arm drop to her side. I just don't want to lose more people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:52 pm

"Sorry" Jacob muttered, his expression more angry than shocked or upset. He suppressed a snarl, his instincts kicking him right in the brain pan. His ears were buzzing, his fists clenched and his eyes transforming into a feral glare. Calm down a small voice in the corner of his mind whispered. He lunged forwards, throwing his arms around Hira in a fierce hug. "I'm sorry" he repeated "I'm not going anywhere."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:56 pm

Hira buries her face in his shoulder, bringing her arms around him to return the hug. "I'm holding you to that." She just stands there for a while before mumbling. "We should probably get headed to the mine. And next time, please be more careful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:01 pm

"Ok" he nodded, following Hira through the orange and crimson undergrowth towards their destination. Jernulv bouncing in its sheath on his back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:09 pm

After a few minutes, Hira breaks the silence. "We're almost there." She announces as a tunnel entrance appears through the thick undergrowth. Abruptly stopping and kneeling down, she digs through her backpack before pulling out a flare. "We'll use this to signal the chopper when we have the ore." She sticks the red stick of phosphorous in her belt before making a hand gesture and sneaking through the bushes. "Move out. We'll need to keep as silent as possible from this point forward, as we don't know what kind of people are around."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:15 pm

With a dull click Jacob loaded Jernulv, having shifted the weapon into its shotgun form. He nodded before darting into the undergrowth. Skirting around the area he did a quick sweep, gun in hand, tentatively sniffing at the air as he went. No immediate threats, an Ursa minor had been through in the last few hours but hadn't stuck around for long. He reached the opposite side of the tunnel entrance and crouched. There was a faint scent, something familiar and yet, not. He pushed the thought to the back of his mind before signalling that the coast was clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:18 pm

The clanking and grinding of metal is heard before the hiss of moving pistons as Hira shifts her armor and heads into the tunnel, scanning for hostiles as she gets closer to the mining drills. "Clear!" She shouts out to Jacob as she starts powering on the drill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:23 pm

"You want me to hold the light" Jacob asked, stepping through the bushes. He hadn't let go of Jernulv yet, something still wasn't right. With his free hand he dumped down his pelt bag and removed the thick sacks he had packed inside it
"So how much of this stuff do we need to get?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Hira snorts as Jacob asks if he should hold the light. "I have night vision, silly. And we need approximately five pounds. Not too much. Cover your ears, these drills are loud." She says the last part as she picks up the two-man drill by herself and powers it on fully, the loud whirring piercing the air. With a small yell she slams the bit into the rock, the grinding sound nearly deafening as the steel quickly chews through the rock, heating up to a red glow at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jacob Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:32 pm

A jolt of pain shot through Jacob's ears as the drill made contact, his hands shot upwards and clamped over his pointed ears. He quickly stooped and snatched up Jernulv from where he'd dropped it and swung the weapon onto his back before pacing off, further from the grinding screech of the drill.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tritan

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:35 pm

Hira cursed loudly as the bit broke on the drill. She pulled the front handle back and ejected the bit, placing a new one in before revving up the drill and grinding away again for another minute. Once she's dug away a chunk of glowing green metal she powers down the drill and picks up the chunk of metal, walking to the exit of the tunnel. "Jacob...?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fire at the Forge [Closed]   

Back to top Go down

Fire at the Forge [Closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next