RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:17 pm

Mirai raised an eyebrow.

"No, not just yet..." Mirai said. "We need to know what's at hand first."

She began pacing back and forth with her arms crossed, trying to think.

"So, someone's decided to hide dust crystals right here in the heart of Beacon and is trying to scare away those to keep it from being discovered. There are lot of flaws, though. One, why would a person choose a place so held up on justice to commit this kind of crime. Two, this doesn't look like the storage room was built just for this purpose. It's been here for a while now. So, why are the ghost stories only appearing now. And three, who could be behind all of this?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:04 am

Caster continued to look over the dust crystals, thinking to himself as his eyes gazed up and down for any visible imperfections. "We could just wait here awhile, but that would be boring." he shrugged, his foot tapping hastily.

"Well, first of, all I guess, it's better to hide something where no one would look. There wouldn't be any cops snooping around Beacon for this kind of stuff. So given a little extra effort you could get all this dust down here and not worry about it." Flipping one of the crystals in his hand, Caster looked up at the ceiling in thought. "Maybe the ghost stories were made up just for this? If you have such a good place set up for you then all you need to do is have a reason for people to stay away. Word does tend to spread fast around her."

His gaze fell to Mirai, going from her hair to her face and humming to himself. "I'm no detective, but here is what I think. Someone either wants to sell this dust, or use it. I don't see why you would go through the trouble of hiding it here and then sell it, so I assume you would be using it. Therefor whoever is up to this is likely a dust user, like myself."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:13 pm

"Nice observation," Mirai nodded solemnly. "But why this much? I assume it's more than one person, huh?"

Jane listened meekly.

Mirai moved around.

"Well, we have that part settled," Mirai said. "But we still don't have a culprit in particular...such as the person who attacked us earlier and who's been scaring the gymnasium users..."

Before Mirai could speak again, her ears caught the sound of footsteps, her eyes widened.

"HIDE!" she shouted.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:29 pm

Caster was about to answer Mirai when she had yelled to hide, and he quickly noticed the approaching footsteps.

Looking around the room, Caster extinguished the flame in his hand and gripped Mirai and Jane's hands and pulled them behind the crate they were closest too, crouching down and peaking over.

"Stay close to me. I'm going to cloak us when he comes in." he whispered, looking back at them for a moment. Caster slowly leaned to the side, watching the door and motioning for the girls to move closer to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:36 pm

Mirai and Jane moved over to Caster and he let his semblance do the work. They were hidden and the person that came in was a man in a black work suit. He had long blonde hair that messily went over his shoulders and he wore a mask that covered his face. He tossed a hatchet aside as he moved over to the Dust crates and opened one just nearby Caster, Mirai and Jane.

"Why would one person need so much dust," the man muttered. "She must be crazy. But at least I'm getting paid."

Next to Caster, Jane was trembling furiously, and she unconsciously was clutching onto his arm very tightly.

"Now I have to deal with that Beacon kid who saw everything," the man said. "Hey, Lars, should we just kill her?"

More footsteps were heard and another man, a bald one, came in wearing the same thing. He was holding what looked like a large weedhacker.

"Probably," the one called Lars said. "I know her name and I know her class schedule, we just need to get her while she's alone."

This time, Jane let out a small shriek and that was enough to catch their attention.

"Who's there!?" the men demanded. Jane shouted and she stood up, tumbling over Mirai and Caster and making herself seeable.

"Oh, it's her, Lars!" the man shouted. "Get her!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:39 am

Caster rested a hand on Jane's, trying to calm her down as he ran his fingers over her knuckles. 'Sick bastards. Some people will do anything for the lien.' Suddenly he heard Jane shriek, flinching and suddenly feeling her jump up and fall over him.

When the two men shouted Caster uncloaked himself, jumping up and extending an open hand. "Now now, that is no way to treat a lady, especially a guest!" Narrowing his eyes, he stepped over Jane and glances between the two, concentrating hard to make sure Mirai was still hidden.

"I have some questions, and you are going to answer them. Though, I have this neat trick involving splitting a man in half. We could try it." Though his voice seemed lighthearted, the threat was obvious. One move and Caster was ready to attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:42 pm

The men merely scowled behind their masks.

"We don't have to answer anything," the man named Lars said. And then, taking a large gun from the table, pointed at Caster. "Just try to move and I'll shoot you and little miss away."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:05 am

Caster raised his arms in the air, keeping his calm demeanor and smiling. "My my, what an overcompensator that is! I would hate if you were to hurt yourself."

Smirking, Caster allowed his sleeves to slide down his arms. "Nothing up my sleeves. So please, you need to cool down." With that a burst of ice dust shot at each man's hands, mostly around the gun, and Caster quickly ducked.

"Now, please take a seat!" Kinetic dust flew from Caster's hands like before, shooting at the men's legs to knock them off their feet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:45 am

"What the-" Lars muttered as the ice shot out and then was forced down onto the ground.

"He's a dust mage!" the second one said. "We need back up!"

He reached for his pocket for a switch with a button but before he could press it, he shouted as a throwing knife clanged against it and cut part of his hands and cussed. A silver dust ball came into the air above Caster, a light blue line banding it, and fell down near the men. It blipped three times as they tried to escape before it detonated. A large cool frost filled the air and the cracking of ice could be heard. When Caster looked the two men had been frozen over and were completely still.

"I highly doubt they'll be moving any time soon," Mirai said standing up at last from her spot. Jane was in the corner, still slightly paralyzed, a guilty look on her face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:50 am

Caster allowed Mirai to be seen, her form shimmering into view as he walked up to the two men. "Dust mage? I like the sound of that." he chuckled, crouching down to look the men over. "Though I think I still like the sound of magician."

Looking back at Jane, Caster gave her a big smile. "Well that could have gone better, but hey! The situation has been handled, no harm done." Standing back up, he straightened his jacket and turned to Mirai. "Good job! Though I was trying to keep their big mouths opened for now."

A glove-covered hand raised in the air and Caster said "Combust", another flame igniting in his hand and he moved back to the men, crouching and keeping the flame near the one called Lar's face.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:41 pm

The ice covering Lars lips melted enough for him to start coughing from the cold and gasping for air.

"What the f***? What is all this!? Let me out!" he shouted. "If I break out of here, I'm going to--"

"This ice will only break at my will," Mirai said sharply as she crossed her arms where she stood. "Or at least for another two hours, if you're willing to die of hypothermia...or I could detonate a real bomb right now and..."

"No! No! Please, no!"

Mirai stepped closer to Caster until she was right beside him. She was holding her fan again and tapping it on her arm.

"What is with all this haunting and dust?" Mirai said firmly. "I'm guessing these are more than illegal transactions, are they not? You being so eager to keep it hidden and even willing to try and kill Jane over here."

"I-I'M NOT TELLING YOU ANYTHING!" he shouted.

Mirai sighed and took her parasol, Rosemary and pointed it at Lars' leg before shooting.

"GAAAAAAAAAAAAH! F*****************K! GAAAAAAAH!" the man screamed in agony.

"Speak," Mirai said. "I have plenty more bullets and you have four limbs. This can go on, you know."

"OKAY! I'LL TALK, YOU B***H!" he screamed. He grunted where he was before breathing in. "These dust crystals are for a client. We make transactions with her and store them for her. She claims them but we don't know what for."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:36 pm

Caster smirked a bit, watching Mirai and motioning for her to step back, crouching down and looking at his wounded leg. "I'm really sorry about that. Mirai gets really worked up when she is talked back to. Now listen, I want to help us both out here, I really do. You happen to have put yourself in a bad situation, and I want to get you out of that."

"So," tapping on the ice still over Lar's eyes, Caster gave a frown of empathy, "it looks really cold in here, so let's take it from the top. We already knew you stored these for someone, but we need names. I don't want any Seymour Butts or anything like that. I mean I find that kinda stuff funny! Mirai... well not so much."

Crossing his arms, Caster stood back up. "We need a name. Who is having you store all of this down here? From there I want to know what you aren't telling us. You must have some theory on what all this is for."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Mirai glared at Lars with her dagger eyes, making Lars flinch and quickly glance back at Caster.

"O-okay, I'll talk!" he said. "Her name is Lyka. She's, well, a lady who's been demanding a lot of dust. We don't know what she does with it, but she makes us store it here until it's 'ready for use', whatever that means."

"When's your next transaction?" Mirai asked sharply.

Lars looked at Mirai hesitantly.

"I can't tell you!" he said, suddenly angry. "She'll kill us if we do!"

Mirai's hand came to her coat pocket and something flung into the air. A glint of silver made it's way just an inch from Lars' foot.

"OKAY! OKAY!" he yelled. "We move things every midnight or so. We...we have a transaction tonight...at the bay just nearby the school..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:58 pm

Gently kicking the bit of silver into the corner, Caster grinned widely, fixing his jacket and nodding. "See, was that so hard? Now there is only one thing we need."

Caster crouched down, saying "Combust" cheerfully and lighting a flame near Lar's face to give him some relief from the ice. "You two are going to be bait. Get ready for the transition as usual, draw her in, and then we let you go. Simply and easy. What do you say, Mirai?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:05 pm

Mirai narrowed her eyes.

"Just try to do something funny and you'll be one of the first people to die by umbrella impalement," Mirai said sharply.

Lars nodded very slowly, Mirai was still holding her frilly rifle gun.

"However it's far too early," Mirai said. ]"So, I'm going to have you two tied up."

She went over to Jane who was meekly holding up some long rope. Mirai took it and nodded then turned to Caster after looking at the bars on the ceiling.

"Think you can hang them up there?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:36 pm

"Well sure we can!" Caster smiled, taking one of the ropes and starting to tie it to the bars. "Really sorry about this, Lars. No, I really am. You just got mixed up in the wrong job. Now you could both die, really a shame. Oh well."

After attempting to pick Lars up Caster frowned. "Mirai, I need you to get this ice off of him." Perking up, he raised a finger. "Oh, and Lars, buddy! Would Ms. Lyka notice if I took a crystal or two? Dust is just so expensive these days"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:36 pm

Mirai sniffed at the question on breaking the ice and sighed. With a tap of parasol, the ice burst open and the two were on the floor shivering, too cold to move or attack. Mirai pointed Rosemary at both of them.

"I knew how to embed bombs into stomachs, by the way," Mirai said as she looked at her nails. "So, I could always do THAT...just to be sure."

"NO THAT WONT BE NECESSARY!" Lars begged as he gasped for air and warmth. "And no..you can't take the dust. Lyka knows every single piece and she'd kill us if any went missing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:46 am

Caster laughed softly, tying the rope to Lars' ankles and shrugging. "Maybe I can get some of it when this is all over."

Lifting Lars, he began tying his ankles to the bars above. Once finished, Caster turned to Jane with a smile. "Lars, buddy, I think you owe my friend and apology." Caster pushed Lars so he would start to sway, smirking and moving to the other man and starting to tie him in the same manner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 pm

Jane looked a bit nervous and worried, but Lars said nothing as he gaped and tried to struggle free.

"We'll be back for you later," Mirai said sharply. She motioned for Caster and Jane to follow her and they soon left the secret stockroom and the room behind the mirror.

Jane looked at the two, a little saddened.

"I-I'm sorry I blew our cover like that..." Jane sighed.

"It's fine," Mirai said bluntly with her arms crossed. "It gave us a great opportunity to learn more about this 'ghost story'."

Jane nodded. "Yeah, well, still. If it's okay, can I go with you guys later?"

"If you want to, you may," Mirai said. She stretched her arms and yawned.
"Oh, great, I'm bored again. And perhaps a bit tired. Let's all meet at the gymnasium around eleven, alright?"

With that Jane nodded and Mirai and Billy began heading back to the dormitory. Mirai yawned again and then sat on the floor before beginning to roll.

"It's boring again! Caster, entertain me! Bring me sweets! ANYTHING!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:16 pm

Looking down at Mirai, Caster shook his head and smiled. "You truly are something else, my dear queen." he teased, sitting on his bed and resting a finger on his chin. "How to entertain you..."

Caster cracked his fingers, taking out his playing cards from his pocket and beginning to shuffle them idly. "Any ideas? Until tonight it seems we are free."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:09 pm

Mirai frowned. "The point of you entertaining me is not for me to think of what you should do," Mirai said as she continued to roll. It was only then that she found a small crumpled piece of paper on the floor by Caster's bed. "Hm? What's this?"

She began to open it up. "Jester?" she said as she started to read it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:20 pm

Caster shot up, looking down at Mirai with a flushed face and nervous expression. "Ah, uhm, please, forget that. Just a piece of garbage. Here, how about a magic trick?"

Lifting his hands, Caster swayed on his heals anxiously, holding one hand over the other. "I've been working on the bunny trick!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:24 pm

Mirai's eyes narrowed and stood up and raised the poem to Caster.

"I've decided," she said. "You're going to entertain me..by reading this."

Her face was stern and definitely not going to take no for an answer. "Do it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Sighing in defeat, Caster slowly took the paper from Mira's hand. '"Do I really have to?" he asked, already knowing the answer as he cleared his throat and began to read.

"I, but a Jester, live in this land. I, but a Jester, a trickster with slight of hand.
I watch the knights and I watch the queen and all of them always watch me.
I perform every night I perform ever day, but no matter how much I try the magic won't stay.
For every spell that I cast and every trick that I do does not keep our fair kingdom to doom.

The Black Knight fights to protect what is ours, fearing not of wounds and scars.
The White Knight is calm, cool, and collect, always calculating what move to expect.
The Queen she tells them what to do, but she is also fighting for you.

Now you may ask what it is that I do, I, but a Jester, I entertain you.
I cast all my spells all day and all night, however I also long to fight.
My heart aches to join the battle with them, I, but a Jester, know I can help win.
But you point and you laugh for how could I help? I, but a Jester, just a mere whelp.

If the Black Knight falls, then do we lose it all?
If the White Knight is to stumble does it all go to rubble?
If the Queen is to die will the kingdom only cry?

But what if I, but a Jester, was there as well? Could I keep us from such a hell?
With a flick of the wrist I leave the enemies in bits.
When waving a hand a hundred more can not stand.
Maybe this would be the case, if I, but a Jester, was not left to waste.

So The Black Knight still fights to protect what is ours, fearing not of wounds and scars.
The White Knight is still calm, cool, and collect, always calculating what move to expect.
The Queen she still tells them what to do, but she is also fighting for you.

I, but a Jester, can only entertain, not allowed to kill or maim.
For I am made for awe and laughter, not the art of battle and slaughter.
They think that I can not fight, that I could never be a knight.
Would I just be a walking disaster? I, but a Jester, The Great Magician Caster.
"

"See. it's awful. Simply disgusting. So I threw it out." Caster said nervously as he finised, looking back to Miria. His hands shook slightly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:56 pm

Mirai's eyebrows began to slant and her eyes softened as Caster finished.

She crossed her arms.

"It sure is disgusting," Mirai said bluntly as she walked over towards Caster. "Disgusting...not because of its rather wonderful assembly..."

She stared at Caster firmly. "But because of your underestimation of your role here."

"I never said you couldn't fight," Mirai said with narrowed eyes. "And I never said you weren't allowed to. How dare you make such an accusation? You're as important as everyone here. I can't have one of my castle's members being sulky, now can I? How would your performance keep up to it's excellent par?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:17 pm

Caster could feel his face redden, swallowing as he rubbed the back of his neck. "It's figurative. I don't think you don't want me to fight, but... just look at you and Rider and Rayden compared to me. You all have a past, while I have fancy gloves and wordplay. I just don't know if I belong here."

Sighing, he folded his hand. "You are right, I do underestimate myself. However I have very little experience with these things. Just look at the Jabberwocky. I could do nothing to that thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:55 pm

"You did more than enough," Mirai said firmly. "And just because you say you are not that experienced doesn't mean that you can't be good. You are a fine dust mage."

She looked at him sternly for a bit before placing a hand on his shoulder. "I think I told you once that I don't regard to you as a Jester..."

She let go and looked off a bit, a small tint of red on her cheeks.

"I can trust you with things..." she said. "I can tell you things. Rider is too carefree and Rayden doesn't understand half of the things I tell him..."

She breathed out, crossing her arms and pouting. "Your queen relies on her adviser a lot..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]   

Back to top Go down

The Magician Entertains a Golden Fairy [Closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next