RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Wolf in Vale

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 3:21 pm

Jacob stared up at the towering metropolis around him.
"Some Place" he grunted "What is it with humans and building things out of rock?" ignorant to his mistake the Faunas boy scratched behind his pointed wolf ears. He paused and sniffed the air "food" he noted. He ran a tongue along his pointed canines, his last meal had been some small mammal three miles back down the road, and it had done little to satisfy his hunger. He broke from his daydream as he noticed a small crowd accumulating a few metres away, their eyes fixed on his ears. He bared his teeth and growled. The crowd scattered, throwing worried looks back at him as they went. Jacob chuckled wryly before turning his attention back to his aching hunger. Taking a firmer grip on his kit bag, he walked forwards, towards the town centre.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeMon Feb 24, 2014 9:04 pm

"You know, scaring civilians isn't very nice." Hira said from the shadows, only her knees down visible in the dim light of the alley. "Not many people like being growled at after all." Her voice contains a trace of amusement, as if teasing.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 2:36 am

"They wouldn't be half as scared if I wasn't a Faunas" Jacob grunted, turning to face the newcomer. He sniffed the air tentatively, before grinning slyly "though you'd know all about that wouldn't you"
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 9:19 am

Slowly walking up to Jacob from the shadows, Hira grinned with her horns and scales on full display. "Maybe. Maybe not. After all, my parents were hunters. Say, what's your name wolfy?" She asked as she tightens the straps on her armor case.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:06 am

"Jacob Reaver" Jacob replied nodding "of clan Reaver" he added. He smiled slightly
"I take it you're at Beacon then?"
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:10 am

With a stretch Hira gave him a blinding smile. "Yeah! I'm a second year. Name's Hira of the Raziel dragons." Giving him a light slug in the shoulder, she teasingly spoke at him. "You wouldn't happen to be hungry would you? After all, the big bad wolf is always hungry."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:13 am

Jacob smiled back. Slightly taken aback by Hira's attitude towards him, all he'd received so far in Vale were some scared looks and a rock to the side of the head.
"I'm famished" he admitted "do they take pelts around here or do humans use a different currency?"
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:16 am

"They take Lien. Come on, I'll get you something. After all, if I recall correctly, Clan Reaver is from the far north which is where I'm from." She grabbed his wrist and started dragging him along the street, ignoring the shocked looks from people. They're just jealous I have awesome horns.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:24 am

"Thanks" Jacob, stumbled, trying to keep pace "always pleased to meet a fellow northerner." he upped his pace slightly, finally managing to stay level with the excitable dark haired girl. "What brought you south?"
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:29 am

"Dead parents. A few other families in the area had the same problem. Ah! Here we are." She stops in front of a meat vendor. "Five steaks, medium rare. I'll pay you extra if you don't complain." She hands over the Lien for the steaks themselves and stands to the side. "So, where was I? Ah yes, I was in one of the higher mountain villages. I think the families in the area were mine, two other dragon families, and then the Godhammer family. Though the Godhammers left when I was five and never came back."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:35 am

"We tended to steer clear of the mountains, probably why I'm not familiar with your family. We knew most Faunas broods, my Dad always said it paid to keep tabs on your own. Still, didn't help in the long run" he shrugged causing Jernulv to knock against the vendor's cart, the sharpened axe head scratched off a thin line of paint, attracting a displeased look from the owner. Jacob didn't seem to notice "sorry to hear about your parents" he added sheepishly.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:38 am

She waved it off. "I got over it a while ago. My parents will never truly be gone. Ever hear of the Scaled Fury and the Horned Horror? Those were my parents. Ah, danke." She thanked the vendor and took the two containers from him, throwing a few extra lien onto the cart. "Let's go and find a nice quiet place. Like the park. Or a curb. Something like that."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:44 am

"Sounds good to me" Jacob nodded. "I think I've heard of them" he racked his brain trying to remember. Something sparked "Grim hunters, used a sword and shield combo?" he offered hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:46 am

"Close. My dad used a tower shield and a glaive. My mom just used her armor. I inherited both of them. Hehehe... I'm not nearly as good with them as they are." She laughs awkwardly. "I don't think I'll ever be quite as good. After all, they were the ultimate pair from what I heard."
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:51 am

"I wouldn't be too sure about that. You look like you can hold your own" he noted.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:54 am

Hira blushed a little, looking embarrassed. "R-really? Oh hey! Look a bench. Let's sit here." She sat on the bench, handing the heavier container to Jacob. "This stuff is great. Best meat in Vale in my opinion." She opened her container and picked up a steak, not even bothering with utensils and tears into it.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:58 am

Jacob did the same, consuming one of the steaks without so much as pausing to thank her for the meal. He lifted his head from the Tupperware container and licked his fangs.
"So much better than Ursa" he grinned, before snatching up his second steak.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:01 pm

She choked for a moment before swallowing. "You ate that rancid stuff? Jeez, no wonder you're hungry." Finishing off her second steak, Hira sidearmed the container into a trashcan across the path. "Score!" She jumped up, throwing her arms up the the air, all of her equipment clacking loudly.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Jacob's face shifted to a puzzled expression around the mouth full of meat.
"What?"
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 pm

"What you ate was essentially all cartilage so it's not surprising you're hungry. Very little actual meat on an Ursa. Oh! Are you going to be going to Beacon? You have a weapon so you must be." She intently stared at Jernulv, so obviously curious about it that it's almost painful.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:11 pm

"Not sure" Jacob grunted, finishing his food and dumping the remains in the trash "I'm in, just don't have a team or anything yet" Jacob lifted his pelt bag from the bench and turned back to face Hira. He followed her gaze to his hefty battle axe
"Want a closer look?" He inquired, tugging the weapon from his back and holding it out to her.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:14 pm

She carefully took a grip on it with one hand and looked over it. "This weapon has quite a history, doesn't it? Quite impressive. And I don't have a team either." She hands it back, reaching around her back and pulling Convergence from it's clip, extending the quandao to it's full length. "This is Convergence. It's not nearly as impressive as your weapon, but it does it's job." She said with a smile.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 pm

"Family relic" Jacob nodded, tapping Jernulv with an index finger "My Dad gave it to me after..." He paused, staring at the weapon for a moment. He shook himself and smiled weakly "sorry." He quickly turned his attention to Hira's own weapon, peering intently down the blade "it's tasted blood I take it" he said, gesturing to Convergence.
Back to top Go down
Tritan

Tritan

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Hira nodded, carefully unlatching the top of the quandao, ejecting a large shotgun shell from it. "It's got an initializer shotgun in it too. I can't reload it like my dad could so I just use it as a charge attack. I would show you Mitigator but I would have to activate the armor as well." She slotted the shell back into the breach and snapped it shut, retracting the polearm and clipping it back on her belt.
Back to top Go down
Jacob Reaver

Jacob Reaver

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 pm

Jacob reached out and took back Jernulv
"Same problem" he tapped the haft of the weapon "fires well, but hard to reload, especially while in combat" he sheathed the axe. "So how long've you been at Beacon?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Wolf in Vale Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Wolf in Vale   A Wolf in Vale Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Wolf in Vale
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next