RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
AkaiOtaku

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2014 11:28 pm

With the others gone Varius finally decided to make his own descent. "Took them long enough." Keeping his eye on the ledge Varius back up a few feet and ran straight for it giving himself as much distance as he could. As he began to fall down the cliff toward the trees, he drew Umbra and took hold of it with both hands and and pushing with his feet. As he came toward numerous branches they would be meet with Umbra's blade and make way for Varius. After a few moments Varius began to reach the ground and changed his position. He moved his body upwards toward the swords grip nearly able to stand on it.  From this position Varius activated his weapon's hidden cannon and choose the repulsion dust. When he felt he was near enough Varius fired the cannon toward the ground reducing his moment. Varius impacts the ground nearby the other people, though he reduced the speed the blade still managed to sink into the ground. Content with the spectacle of his landing Varius jumped off Umbra and pulled the blade from the ground. "That was a fun entrance."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 5:01 am

Watching as the other descended, Xarias being zipping from tree to tree until he gets to a point where he could see all of them causing some birds on the higher branches to scatter as he landed. Counting them off he could spot their positions, noticing that some of them were quite near each other.

"Hey, don't fall behind now. This way!" he said. "It's not too far, well... for me that is."

Grappling off to the next tree he zips through the treeline while scouting ahead, noticing some red eyes peering at them from a distance but refusing to come near. Non-aggressive one's I guess. Not what we're looking for. Stopping on top of another tree he looks around and see's that the ruins were still quite a distance if one had to go on foot.This is going to be a long day.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 5:11 am

Kandata travelled quite a long distance, he seems to be a little far away from the others as well. Kandata managed to arrive at the ruins. It seems abandoned.

"Hmm... according to the checklist, a pack of grimms should around near the ruins..." Kandata whispered to himself as he make sure that there are no enemies on the area.

"Guess I'll just use this opportunity to set up my threads." Kandata said. He then loads a set of threads and sets up a good number of traps surrounding the ruins. After setting up the traps, he sat at a nearby fallen pillar.

"Now... to patiently wait for my prey." He smirked.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Spencer retrieves his pistols from the grass and puts them both away before hearing Xarias's beckoning for everyone to follow.
Alright, lets get going., Spencer thinks. Then the boy flies in the opposite direction fairly quickly. I'm not used to chasing people that well equipped for speed... He sighs. Thinking, "none-the-less, it is someone that needs following", before running in the direction his ally went. At least Spencer is used to chasing people on foot.
Best try to round up the other stragglers. That dude with the huge sword might not have a lot of mobility either.
"Anybody around here, sound off!"
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 2:38 am

Kail looked up at Xarias and nodded, jogging past some trees, and hearing someone yell sound off, he shouted "I'm close!" and he didn't bother to slow down, he kept jogging.
Back to top Go down
http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 8:49 pm

Running at a constant pace in Xarias' direction Varius would have to rely on his sense of smell in order to track him down. Varius began to speak to himself, "Just keep running while you can, after I break your legs you wont be doing much of that anymore." Varius could hear someone yell to sound off but choose to not respond. "Hopefully he gets lost and we don't hear from him again.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2014 9:33 pm

Seems like everyone's heading for the right direction. Now to the ruins.

Xarias zipped off ahead now that everyone seemed to be heading for the right way. Disturbing a few branches as he zipped through , a flock of birds fly away and take to the sky to avoid him. Now that's just rude. Letting it be, he continues traveling towards the destination before noticing a couple of grimm on the forest floor. Not what we're looking for but the others are going to intercept those boarbatusks soon. They could probably handle it, while I scout ahead. Not like a couple of pigs could beat a well armed hunter. Ignoring the boarbatusks, Xarias zips off, now only a short distance before getting to the ruins.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:37 am

Kandata waits patiently at the ruins. Hoping that the others will show up soon, he doesn't want his traps to go to waste.

"What's taking them so long?" Kandata mumbled. As he further analyzes his surroundings. There is only one entrance to the ruins. He already secured that area. He set up his traps so that he can activate it if grimms went pass it, his party can still reach the ruins without any problem.

He then notices someone's approaching from the woods, it could be either his ally or a wild grimm. Kandata finally stood up, stretches his arms, and crunches his fingers.

"Right, let the show begin!"

Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 8:56 am

Kail trudged along until he sensed something. He looked around, his blue eyes scouring the area. He saw some hoof marks that could only mean one thing; Boarbatusks.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Spencer hears a voice call out but it is further behind so he keeps on running. 'I'll find the others later,' he thinks. He may be good at tracking but his eye sight is fixated upon broken branches made by the faster mercenaries, studying the pattern and following the line they took, instead of the hoof marks on the forest floor. It catches his attention, however, when Spencer bursts through a bush. Something makes him stop. The snarl of a Creature of Grimm. He looks to his left and finds a rather territorial boarbatusk making a lot of noise. It should be a sight that puts someone on their guard but Spencer smiles and sort of adores the thing.
"Oh-look! It's a little pigue! Pardon me, wittal guy! I'll just be on my way for you."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 9:47 pm

A small distance away from Kail, a group of around 5 grimm approach Spencer as he makes his way through the forest, glaring at him with glowing red eyes while lowering their tusks, ready to charge at him at the slightest move. A slightly larger boar bursts out of the brush and thicket, squealing in anger knowing that it's territory has been disturbed by an intruder, causing the others to squeal along with it, spreading the anger with the others. The large boar then starts scratching its hooves across the ground before charging towards Spencer with it's tusks raised and the other boars following in suit.

Xarias arrives at the site only to see Kandata lying in wait for the grimm, apparently having set traps of some sort. Combining his weapons to form a partisan he approaches Kandata and says, "You're early. The others might be having some boar trouble back there but I'm sure they can handle it. Seen any of the targets?"
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Kail turned his head at the sound of squealing, and walked through a Bush while on his guard. As soon as he caught a glimpse of the pack of boarbatusks, he loaded a burn crystal in each of his pistols, then fired; several bullets whizzing to the furthest boarbatusks from Spencer
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 12:15 am

Sniffing the air to keep track of Xarias Varius catches the scent of something else, something he knew all too well. It was the scent of prey. With a wild look in his eyes as he let  his animalistic instincts run wild a bit Varius increases his speed heading toward the scent of the boarbatusks. "I'm ready to have some real fun!" As he ran Varius kept his hand on the grip of Umbra waiting for the first sign of his prey ready to cleave it in two.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:00 am

Five, loud shots cut the air around the forest. Five almost overlapping shots.
Spencer had quick-drawn Delilah and fanned the hammer, one shot for every one of the smaller boarbatusks. The .50 caliber ammunition sprays from the barrel of the magnum. One shot for each grimm. Fun fact, the .500 was originally developed for ursa defense. Too bad you guys didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 10:14 am

Kail smirked under his mask as the Boarbatusks were literally torn apart from his and Spencer's combined fire, the glowing red bullets finding a few and exploding, scattering their smouldering remains around. Once they were all dead, he looked to Spencer, and nodded.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2014 7:00 pm

After the 5th shot and all six creatures go down, Spencer twirls the gun on his finger forward half a turn, back a turn and a half, and then slides it in the holster on his leg.
The big one lays upon the ground. A small amount of noise is made by it and it breaths heavily.
"Awe, don't look at me like that..."
*Squeak!*
"Hey, it ain't my fault! Y'don' attack someone that acciden'ally does something you don't like. Yeh give 'em a warning first, like you did, and then you let them repent. Tha's the way the world works. I had to defend myself from your pack." It is a strange scene. It is not every day that someone has a one-sided conversation with a wild animal-let alone a vicious Creature Of Grimm. The creature is clearly suffering, though.
Come to think of it, I didn't shoot this one. I just hit the small ones so I could get out of the way of the big one... The thought gets overlapped by the squeal of the monster, though. Without a single moment of pause, Spencer sighs, reaches behind his back inside of his jacket, draws Candy, and points the barrel behind the boarbatusk's head. The creature lets out a loud cry and then gets cut off by the piercing noise of a gunshot.
If only you were a conscious animal of light, like the rest of us.
Spencer puts his weapon away and then calls out to the rest of the forest behind in in a moderate voice while he empties the used shell(s) in both guns and reloaded the empty spaces in the cylinders. "Thanks for the help. We really need to get going, though. I doubt the others are waiting for us."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 7:44 am

Hearing several shots fired in the distance Xarias shrugs as he approaches Kandata. "Seems like they got it under control now." he said, "Didn't last too long, I guess they make decent companions after all." Stabbing his bi-ended lance into the ground, he leans on it while waiting for the rest, a bit bored since they got the first kills of the day and he had nothing to do. Scanning the distance for any signs of movement Xarias catches some rustling around the brush, cautiously taking his weapon out of the ground he switches it back to it's rifle form and aims towards the source.

Friend or foe? Might be our target, then again I might end up shooting a friendly and that'll be bad.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:07 am

"Yeah... lucky for us the reward isn't split, huh?" Kandata replied.

Then a rustling sounds echoed from brush nearby. Kandata noticed Xarias draw his weapon and aims towards the brush.

"Hmm...? Relax dude, I already secured this place up. No need to worry."
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:12 am

Kail smiled and simply stated "Coming out, nice shooting." and he left the Bush he hid in, walking over to the center of the clearing and looking around at the dead boarbatusks. "Not our targets, but good kills nonetheless."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:16 am

"Knowing that the others probably got kills before we did, I'm kinda bored. Just hoping that those are grimm behind those bushes." Xarias said, sights still on the rustling spot.

Just then a small rabbit hopped out shooting down all of Xarias' hopes of getting a kill. Sighing before lowering his weapon he turned back to Kandata and said. "Maybe I'm a bit too active right now. Lets wait for the others, maybe numbers would attract the targets to the site. They're known to be aggressive anyway."
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:24 am

"Sounds good to me." Kandata replied.

"I'm the type who likes to just watch on the sidelines. Yeah, some may call me lazy, but it's better to be lazy than being dead, right?" Kandata chuckles while playing with his threads.

"soo... you a student at beacon?"
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:59 am

"I wanted to be one before but now..." he said thinking it over. "Nope. Enjoying life as I freelance around. Way better than being a student. For me that is."

Clenching his necklace a bit, Xarias scans his surroundings some more, making sure they aren't attacked by surprise. "Seems a bit quiet. Though you probably have traps around, judging by the wires all around so I doubt we'll be taken by surprise."
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 10:45 am

Spencer turns, his eyes meeting Kail's right away. In an instant, Spencer has already read him.
Eyes are cautious. The only reason for it, that I can see, are those teeth. If that is the case, it's having to do with my own heritage. Good kid at heart. Thought he is cut out for this job, I'm not sure how much he'd get along with mercenaries. Maybe he's like me and just saw a job that offered pay and took it.
"Indeed. Now, come on."
Spencer turns back around to face forward and takes off again.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 8:11 pm

Upon seeing his prey Varius waste no time in slicing it clean down the middle leaving only a corpse. "Well that fun was short lived." Varius continues on his way toward Xarias' scent. After a short run Varius emerges from the bushes catches sight of the other members of the party and heads toward them. I bet they a much more interesting time than I did.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:34 am

"Heh... you're sharp." Kandata complimented Xarias for noticing his threads.

"My threads are almost invisible to the naked eye. I guess you're not just an ordinary mercenary." Kandata finally stood up and stretches his arms.

"Anyway... looks like we have more company." Kandata said as he looked at Varius who just came out the bushes.

"Yo! took you long enough."
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:15 am

Xarias shrugs while accepting the compliment from Kandata before noticing someone come out of the brush. "Yo there." Xarias says waving towards Varius, "Had some pig trouble? I saw some on my way here and I heard a few shots earlier." Slinging his rifle to his back, Xarias looks around, expecting some others to come out as well.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:16 am

Spencer leaps from the wall of growth with his legs kicked out in front. He is a little bit out of breath from running far, fighting, and then running even further, but he's used to that by now. He looks at the others and smirks. "Man, was it a battle to get here."
*Buhdum-tss*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next