RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Captain Awesome

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 8:18 pm

Spencer starts walking. "I don' need no res'. I been swiped at an'nearly bit in half. The fun only jus' begun." Spencer smirks his usual smirk and takes off at a steady pace over to the next designated area. I could ask for a ride but there ain't no way I'm letting jus' anybody carry me.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:37 pm

Varius was getting increasingly annoyed. Enough time had passed that the blood was no longer fresh and it was getting stickier by the minute. "I would refer if we just moved on. I want to leave this forest or find a river as soon as possible." I'm covered in blood and it wasn't voluntary I hope somone dies on this trip, I deserve the raise in cut.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 10:53 pm

"Ok then, I'll be heading off then." Xarias said, wielding his dual grappling blades then aiming them at a nearby tree. "I'll see you guys in a few. Or not, depends." Jumping high then grappling to a nearby tree, Xarias zips through the treeline and heads north east, towards the last known siting of the next targets. Now for the big ones. Best not this reach nightfall.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 12:51 am

Kail broke into a steady run in the direction of the next targets, observing everything around him, in case some non-target Grimm were in the vicinity, thinking 'Hopefully that was the only Ursa Superior we fight today, I thought they were just a myth. Better keep my eyes open.' and a motherly voice came from his Scroll "Kail, I'm beginning to think that whoever's paying you, isn't telling you the whole story. I mean, Beowolves that hold back? Ursa that seem smart? Not to mention the Ursa Superior...watch your back Kail." and Kail sighed as he dashed past trees towards his Goal, saying "I know, things aren't adding up, I mean it's almost like those Grimm...are an experiment...but for what, and by whom?" he shook his head as he continued to run along.
Back to top Go down
http://twbtd-rp.forumotion.com
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 4:03 am

"I guess its decided then!" Kandata smirked and starts walking towards their next destination.

"Man, this is tiring... I wish our targets comes to us rather than we come for them." Kandata said to himself as he continue to walk towards the north-east part of the woods.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 7:37 pm

As the group advanced, they met no resistance from any wild grimm unlike earlier but there was a constant feeling of being watched. Leonard Strave, now on a position nearer to the next notices that they have managed to fill out almost half the quota but most of the ursa taken down were not part of the targeted set. Tsk tsk tsk. Might as well have them meet them halfway to the Nevermores.. Sending a quick note to his scroll, a grin forms on his face as his message sends. Looking ahead he notices some quick rustling in the woods, something rushing to meet the hunters from behind as they continued with their "job".

Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:36 pm

Kail was trudging along, and suddenly he felt a large sense of approaching doom, stopping and looking around frantically, hearing and seeing nothing, but couldn't shake the feeling. He sent this message to everyone on the hunt: [Anyone else feel like we're the ones being hunted? Watch yourselves, I have a feeling something is fast approaching] and he sighed, keeping his pistols at the ready as he began to move again.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2014 9:59 pm

As dusk approaches, the air has chilled to dew point and the land has become comforted by a thin, sheet of cloud. As a man of sight, Spencer hears nothing but the noise being made under his feet. His head is on a swivel but not behind him. He only checks behind once every so often. After all, it is not like he is an owl. His low amount of aura does not help either. It is only until a normal hunter-in-training would almost physically feel eyes upon them that Spencer gets the bright idea to check behind him a little earlier than usual. He immediately stops his, now jogging, pace and grabs the grip on Candy. As he turns, he pulls the hand-cannon out and points it behind him while cocking it. The multiple clicks resonating from the hammer echo among the trees almost as if it is the sound of death and fear itself. That is what Spencer likes to believe is the sound of his guns cocking, anyway.
*Ccclick!*
He stands there with no target to fire at, to his surprise. All there seems to be in his immediate vicinity is a boy of crimson with his gun pointed at his six and his body turned to point between his previous front and back. His feet pointing in each direction. Utter silence.
Spencer's face is completely serious. A strange feeling occupies his senses between the metaphorical fog of war and the literal fog around him. The dancing shadows around him tease his sight. As clearly as he sees, he can only see the clear outline of whisp in the fog when focusing on a general direction. Unfortunately for Spencer though, fog covers every direction. He fears it not but the fact that he cannot see everything so clearly, a usual luxury for him, really makes him nervous.
Another feeling encompasses Spencer from the position of his previous direction and this time wastes no time alerting to whatever is by him. Delilah and her ability to allow Spencer to quick draw wont fail him. In a scary-quick speed, the gun is pulled from its holster and pointed at Spencer's previous front. The hammer being brought back in the process carries its spine-chilling sound through the forest once more.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 7:33 pm

["I suggest we ignore it and meet at the destination as soon as possible"] Kandata replied to the message with his scroll

Kandata got separated from the other hunters again. Ignoring the presence that he has been sensing for quite a while now, he continues to walk towards their destination.

"Come, you goddamn monsters... I'm more prepared than you think I am." He whispered as he carefully spun his threads.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 8:12 pm

Even with Kail's heightened senses, he had a hard time pinpointing the location where the next attack might come from. He was getting edgy; monsters don't usually wait for them. He sighed as he received a message and replied with [Alright, see you there.] and he looked to his twelve, keeping his pistols at the ready.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:31 am

Xarias was zipping through the treeline as he received the message but stopped on a high branch to read it. I must have missed it. I do tend to go a little fast, and the grimm aren't probably that willing to tag a fast moving target. Not bothering to send a message back he scans the surroundings but the heavy brush didn't provide much to be seen so unless it was very close by it would probably be hard to notice something following them.

Slowing down their pace the ursa major, now at varying positions, tag their and creep up to their positions. Using the brush and thicket to hide despite their sizes. Receiving a little jolt on a spot near their necks they then hurry up and start rushing towards Spencer and Kail who were in closer proximity to each other than the rest, not knowing that they might have been sensed earlier on. Coming from opposite sides the Ursae jump out of the thicket at Kail, one from the right and one from the left, fangs bared and claws ready to rip into flesh if he fails to move in time.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:53 am

Kail heard rustling from both sides, and ran forward as the two Ursae Majors appeared from the bushes, quickly transforming his pistols to the Sniper Rifle, loading a Burn Crystal, and spinning around, firing at the one on his left, a few Bullets rushing out of the barrel to meet the creature as Kail kept backing up as he fired continuously until the Grimm fell, or reach him, upon which time he'd slide underneath its legs and switch to his pistols, firing into its belly several times.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:26 pm

Air greets the barrel of Delilah as well. Huh...I was almo'certain there was-
Bushes rustle about 20 yards away from Spencer but nothing comes out of them. With Candy pointed toward the disturbance and his arms now crossed, nothing seems to happen. Another noise rings through the air. Those gunshots. They're close by.. Then he sees the bigger picture and notices a large shadow-much larger than he was looking for or expecting-raise its arm. It faces the direction opposite Spencer.  Spencer inhales quickly and his eyes widen. He fires Candy. Using the recoil to propel his left arm up just enough, he slips out the right arm and points Delilah sideways at the target before pulling the putting a bullet down range and then twisting his body right to fire Candy again. The first shot is aimed at the center mass, as well as the second. The third into the upper-center mass.

Last edited by Captain Awesome on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 6:34 pm

The sound of gunshots make Varius' ears perk up. "Oh some action!" He smiles like a child waiting to unwrap a present. "I hope this is a good show." He follows the sound of fighting toward their destination and finally sees Kail fighting off Ursa. Varius keeps one hand on Umbra but makes no action toward helping Kail. Less competition. He scans the area around him in case some other Grimm decided to attack but sticks to the shadows to hide himself from Kail.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 8:09 pm

As Kail's shots ripped through the air and hit the Ursa a small tinge of burning fur and flesh could be distinguished but the grimm did not fall. The Ursa managed to bring the brunt of the damage to it's forearms by lifting them just as the shots were released but this didn't stop the burning. Now in a raging fit, the now burning Ursa Major charges at Kail with a ferocity even greater than before. Ignoring the continuous bombardment of bullets and it's burning flesh it manages to close in on Kail and swipe it's scorched arm towards him, the smell of burning flesh permeating through the air.

Being ignored over preference for the Leftmost Ursa Major, the next one decided to continue it's attack before receiving several powerful shots to it's Torso, causing it to roar in pain. Upon finding the perpetrator, the Ursa quickly jumps back into the bushes to lessen visibility and starts finding a more roundabout way towards the target a few yards away knowing that charging recklessly would be a mistake. For a split second the Ursa starts running away from the hunters before receiving a strong jolt of electricity to the neck causing it to reconsider and start charging back towards Spencer as it tore down the bushes in it's wake.

Xarias, noticing the multiple gunshots in the distance, makes a steep curve by using his momentum to swing across a tree by pivoting his grappling blade and angling it correctly to zip towards his previous position. Now zipping across the treeline at dangerous speeds, he closes in on the site, gripping his weapons tightly as he did.

Just what is going on around here? Did grimm attack again? I'm missing all the fun just because I'm up here? Dang it.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 31, 2014 9:39 pm

Kail rapidly dived out of the Ursa Major's burned arm, feeling the heat from his shots and sliding along the ground while turning to face the beast, firing both pistols again as quick as his fingers could move, managing to empty both in three seconds, wincing from the heat of beta and Epsilon, but not letting go.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 2:07 am

Varius was very much enjoying himself his only regret was not bringing some kind of snack to enjoy while he watched. As this thought came to mind the smell of burning Ursa came to his nose and caused him to lose his appetite. Oh an idea, I wonder Ursa is edible. I should cut off a chunk and force it down one of these guys' throats while they bleed out. Varius continued to watch with new found anticipation for a serious injury for the others.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 4:21 am

Gunshots echoed throughout the woods.

"Man, about time..." Kandata sighed and starts heading to the area where he heard the shots.

He saw Varius standing in the shadows, watching Kail fight an Ursa Major. He quietly approaches him and called out.

"So, enjoying the view?" Kandata smirked.

"That one's on our list though." He said as he pointed at the Ursa Major.

Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Spencer holds position, regardless of the charging beast. The spirit of his family dwelling within him halts his hand in place and refusing his trigger finger access to inside the guard. He slips Candy into her holster. Instinct has taken hold of him.
As the ursa closes, Spencer squeezes Delilah's grip, tosses her up with a flip and catches her on the barrel. With the ursa bearing (pun intended) down on him and now in range, Spencer pushes off away from the grimm and buffalo's the blade into the ursa's left side of its neck, grabs hold of its fur on top of its neck, and swings around to the top while using the momentum, gifted to him by the ursa, to slit its throat from end to end. Firmly mounted on the beast and using Delilah's blade to hold on, Spencer pulls out Candy and plants the barrel in the back of the ursa's head. The sound of death; a flash of light; a crack of thunder. As Spencer's oldest brother-the marine that trained Raven in the usage of a knife-would ask, "What makes the grass grow?" The words echo in Spencer's mind, as does the answer that the same brother taught him.
Back to top Go down
AkaiOtaku

AkaiOtaku

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Varius turns to see what is the annoyance that has disturbed his show and finds one of the other members of the party talking to him. I think his name's Ka-something...Khan? No that can't be right, but it doesn't mater anyway. Varius turns back to the show, "Yea you're right it is on the list, maybe you should go help him. I personally find it rude to take another man's hunt." Varius folded his arms and continued to watch the show though now in less of a good mood than he was before due to the intrusion. Maybe I could get another one in there and make things interesting again.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 4:04 am

"Another man's hunt huh..? Sorry dude, but that one's mine." Kandata thought.

"Well, I'm not much of a fighter since my weapon is mainly for defensive purposes." Kandata said as he takes out his thimbles and equipped it.

"But if you insist..." Staying in his position, Kandata then loads a good number of threads from his belt, and sent them flying all over the area. Since the threads are too thin, it doesn't attract any attention. With his traps all set, Kandata clasp his hands. "There, all done." He grinned. He then picked up a small pebble on the ground and threw it at the Ursa Major to get its attention.
Back to top Go down
xariasfury55
Approval Minion
xariasfury55

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 7:08 am

Just as Kandata's rock hits the Ursa's head, it turns it's head only to be met by several bullets to the back, causing it to roar in pain and topple over, barely able to breathe anymore. Noting the beasts' position and status, Leonard Strave taps on his scroll and a jolt of electricity passes through the grimm's skull, killing it instantly. Not as good as I expected.. Looking over to the other grimm he spots it have it's throat slit but not much blood is drawn, possibly barely missing the jugular. Noticing the Hunter place his barrel on the back of the grimm's skull a grin forms on his face. Tsk tsk tsk, bad idea. Just as the bullet rips through the grimm's skull, a massive jolt of electricity encompasses the totality of the beasts' body, trapping Spencer in the midst of the dying experiments'
last hurrah.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Blood, brother. Blood makes the grass grow.
But there is more than just blood as Spencer pulls the trigger. Instantly, all of his muscles seize. Even with all of his might, Spencer cannot let go of his weapons, for the electricity is being conducted through the integrity of his legs and pelvic area, up through his entire body regardless of the fact that the electricity does not pass through the grips of his pistols. No, the area of coverage other than that is well enough to completely halt Spencer's movement.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 5:56 pm

Kail looked at Spencer freezing, and cautiously walked towards the Ursa major, putting the back of his hand On his fur and his muscles tightened, receiving a larger which made him jump back "What the hell, the Ursa's holding an electric current!" and he pulled out his scroll, sighing as he pressed several buttons, the Scroll emitting an electromagnetic pulse in a short radius, shorting out the electronic tag on the Grimm, releasing Spencer from the current's deadly grip.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 7:55 pm

As Kail slowly walks over to Spencer, nearing a state of unconsciousness, the boy in trouble can't help but think Hurry up! as he struggles in vain to free himself. By the time Spencer is relieved of the electricity from the ursa's head, he limply slides off of it's neck and hits the ground. Candy falls to the left of the grimm's head while Delilah slides out of the wound it made and falls to the right. Though he survived, Spencer is no longer awake. Some of his undershirt and pants are a blackened with the burned skin underneath. His heart beats erratically from the severe shock and he takes quick breaths.
Back to top Go down
Kail Christensen

Kail Christensen

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 8:09 pm

Kail rushed over and crouched by Spencer, checking his pulse "There must be other electrified Grimm....Spencer, stay with me here..." and he activates his semblance, a golden healing energy transferring from Kail to Spencer, it would ensure his survival and undo some of the electrical damage.
Back to top Go down
Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 8:15 pm

While Kail heals Spencer, his own aura activates to heal a little as it generally has no other use. As a result, Spencer begins to heal only a fraction of Kail's healing ability but it does help a tiny bit.

26/100
(After Kail's semblance and Spencer's aura kick in)
35/72
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]   Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED] - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stingers and Hunters [CLOSED]
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next