RWBY: The RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Kandata Etherkoff

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maestema

maestema

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2014 11:50 pm

CHARACTER

Name: Kandata Etherkoff

Symbol:  Deceit
Spoiler:

Appearance:
At the height of  5'8" and the weight of 143 lbs Kandata is your typical teenage boy with a slim figure. He has pale white skin and blood-red colored hair which are long enough to cover his ears. He wears a pair of goggles over his head, a brown long-coat over his school uniform, and a pair of rider's gloves.

Face Claim:

Rabac from Akame ga Kiru
Spoiler:

History:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Arrogant, cocky, and selfish most of the time and doesn't really care what others think about him. He only thinks of himself and likes to deceive others for his own benefits. He is also lazy and tends to trick others to do the work for him. Despite his personality, he has a strong sense of obligation on his job.

He keeps this nice and friendly facade when he's around with everyone. He is quite cheerful and sociable, but at the same time highly alert on his surroundings. He also don't trust anyone. He can easily betray you the moment you befriended him, but not to the point that will kill you.

Strength:
Quick and Agile. Kandata is has high agility and very nimble. He can easily dodge any predictable attacks.
Analyzing and Tactical. With only a matter of seconds, Kandata can predict almost 80% of what will happen next. He can also easily scan the environment and use it for his own advantage.
Well-prepared. Kandata always plans ahead. He makes sure that his traps are all set up before he engages the enemy.

Weakness:
Lack of Stamina. Due to an illness, Kandata has low stamina. Despite his nimble movements, he can only keep it up until his stamina runs dry.
Lack of Strength. Since Kandata relies mostly on his threads, he doesn't have that much strength to begin with. This certain weakness is one that he truly regrets.
Environment Limitations: Kandata's fighting style has its limitations. He can't fully utilize his style in an open space area, since he needs obstacles to set up his threads as a trap.

Semblance:
Deceit:
A semblance that allows one to erase his own existence in the eyes of the others.

Erase - Kandata will be able to erase his presence. It's kinda like invisibility, but the user is not really invisible, it only alters what the others see. It means that he might be invisible to one's eyes but visible to the others. The difference between his semblance and invisibility is that his semblance only affects his target, and does not affect any other people that is out of his range. So he might be invisible to his target, but other spectators can see him.

Additional notes: The area of effect of this ability is within the radius of 20 meters from the user.

Character Reference:

Spoiler:

WEAPON

Name: Silver Lining

Primary Form:
A handy mechanical belt-bag that has threads stored inside it.

image:
Spoiler:

The threads are made of orichalcum which are sharp enough to cut through a grim's flesh. Basically it's a weapon with many uses, such as:
Trap - The threads can be set up as a trap which can easily catch the enemy offguard;
Shield - The threads can also be molded as a barrier that can block some of the enemy attacks;
Alarm - The threads are very sensitive and reacts to the most gentle movements. it can be set at various places as an alarm for the user if there is an enemy approaching.
Enchantment - The threads can be coated with Dusts, to add properties to the weapon and gain more advantage.

Ironically, for an assassin, the weapon is made for defensive mechanism rather than offensive combat.

History:
The Silver Lining is given to Kandata by his master who is only known for her alias "The Tarantula". So far little is known about the weapon's history or the reason why it was handed over to Kandata.

Last edited by maestema on Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:16 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:58 am

I'd like some clarification on your semblance, as well as some limits. What exactly can he alter about his appearance? How is it different than invisibility? More details would be appreaciated.

A minor detail that won't really withhold my approval, is the fact that dust doesn't enchant weapons. Rather, a weapon can be coated in it to add an effect.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 1:14 am

*Edited*

I explained a bit more about the semblance and removed the altering stuff since its confusing.

About the enchantment, yes, I meant the weapon(specifically the threads) can be coated with dusts for additional effects.
Back to top Go down
SentientSnake
SentientSnake

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 12:20 pm

Approved +1!
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 10:41 pm

2/2.

I'm not going to move it just yet though. I noticed the height is in standard and the weight is in metric. You might want to edit that so it's easier to follow.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Done.

I also want to add an image of his appearance, but... meh, I'm to lazy to draw right now. Maybe some other time.
Back to top Go down
Kooplah
Head Admin
Kooplah

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 2:40 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2014 4:44 am

All done.

Changelog:
-Added a face claim
-Minor additions on the personality
-Added 1 more strength
-Added 1 more weakness
-Additions on his semblance (Notes: please tell me if it needs nerfing)
-Added this character reference thing (Don't ask me why, I just want to add it. lol)

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:44 am

Hmm... I'm not sure on the new semblance. You've made it stronger, but there is no real risk to using it. There needs to be a bit more balance before I can re-approve.
Back to top Go down
maestema

maestema

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 4:20 am

Edited*

I undo the changes on the semblance. I just realized that the 'alter' thing is too OP. Yeah, so, I guess its fine now.
Back to top Go down
Seiryuu24
Seiryuu24

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 5:27 pm

Re-approved and moved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kandata Etherkoff Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kandata Etherkoff   Kandata Etherkoff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kandata Etherkoff
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RWBY: The RPG :: Creation :: Approvals :: Approved Characters-
Jump to: