RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:56 pm

Mirai's hands dropped to her side and she was loosely holding onto Rosemary now. She blinked in surprise.

"I beg your pardon...?" she said. And then, shaking her head, she let go of her shock and tried to take things into her hands. She looked at the rabbit firmly. "Yes, yes they are. We've come for...a visit."

And suddenly realizing how cute the white rabbit was, she scooped it up into her arms. Her eyes shifted to the White Reaper who no longer seemed like a threat.

"Now, my adorable one, why not show us the way?" Mirai said, though she honestly had no idea what had just happened. "I'm very eager to see your...master."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:08 pm

Caster capped his kinetic dust, sighing with relief and frowning a bit. 'Why were we not recognized as friends?' Shrugging, he moved to Mirai and offered her his arm. "Quiet a series of event, eh, milady?" he teased with a smile. "Shall we follow our furry little friend?"

"Now... for the question on all of our minds..." Caster narrowed his eyes on the rabbit before asking seriously, in a begging tone "Is anyone going to take the dust in here?" His eyes lit up like a child, just thinking about all the free crystals they had passed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:10 pm

"I would be happy to accompany you dear," the white rabbit smiled, nuzzling against Mirai, its soft plushy fur rubbing against her face. "Even though you would know the way, for you I am here. And as you would probably prefer- Hey! Back to your post you white reaper!"

"Subjects have been confirmed as non-hostile," the giant mech stated. "Now returning to guard post."

With a massive leap, the white reaper shot upwards and disappeared into the darkness above.

"Though my purpose is important, I'm sure instead," the White Rabbit said, "the master would rather I make sure you come back safe. Now let's go. Up ahead."

It pointed to the tunnel up ahead, apparently ignoring Caster all together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:19 pm

Mirai's face lit up as the white rabbit smiled and nuzzled her. She brought him closer to her face to rub her cheek against him, her cheeks rosy and her eyes bright with childish happiness.

"You've been such a good little bunny~" Mirai said in a sing-song voice. "And you deserve cuddles and huggles and wuddles~"

Mirai giggled happily as she walked up ahead. She turned her head to the two boys, her eyes suddenly glaring and cold.

"Get moving. And this time, don't disobey me."

She then went back to snuggling the white rabbit as she waited for what was up ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Caster frowned, seeing that apparently he had displeased Mirai and that he was being ignored, glancing at Rayden and shrugging. "You heard the lady." He said with a bit of annoyance as he began to walk.

"So, the rabbit faunus is here, correct?" Caster asked the rabbit, crossing his arm and tapping his fingers on is forearms. "You aren't just leading us to a bigger mech?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:24 pm

"My lady, your guest! He's so mean with distrust," the white rabbit whimpered, nuzzling up to Mirai with teary eyes looking up at her. "He's mean to me just because I won't let him have the town's dust!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:30 pm

Mirai pet the rabbit affectionately, her cheeks rosy and her face showing pure concern.

"Don't let him get to you, my sweet little rabbit~" Mirai hummed as she pressed it closer to her chest. "I'll make him pay dearly for his behavior once everything is through and through."

She glared at Caster. It was new since Mirai had never been outright mad at him, but she looked at him with hate for having offended the little bunny.

"Don't give him a hard time!" Mirai said. "We're fortunate as it is that we weren't slain by the White Reaper. Be polite. We're visiting after all. We have to be on our best behavior. Now, my adorable friend, how much further ahead?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:42 pm

"Oh my angel, I wuv you so," the white rabbit smiled sweetly at Mirai, "It's just up ahead. You know what to do."

The group reaches a dead end, a massive boulder blocking the tunnel. On the boulder was what looked like a massive message board, the type where the letters are magnetically attached and the tiles can be easily moved around. The message on the board read, "The white reaper guard has allowed you to pass. You have reached the end of the rabbit hole at last. If a friend of mine, you truly are it, then you should know how to pass. --Your guide, Harte Bibwitt."

"My memory does not possess the info of how to get though, but just like Miss Ai, you should know too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Mirai put down the cuddly rabbit after snuggling it one last time and she looked at the message board. She let off a smug grin and moved closer to it, staring at the name.

"Honestly, you could have done better than that, Rider," she said in low whisper.

Without even blinking for a second thought, she hovered her hands over the name Harte Bibwitt, rearranging them until they spelled White Rabbit. She waited for the door to respond.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:21 pm

As if by magic, the message board flashed and the boulder moved aside, sliding away letting natural light into the tunnel.

"Good job my lady, now make haste," the white rabbit said, hopping out of Mirai's hands and hopping back into the tunnels. "I must go back to my post. No time to waste!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:25 pm

Mirai smiled at the rabbit and gave it a small wave of goodbye. She looked at her two companions and gave a small jerk of her head.

"Come on, you two," Mirai said.

She looked up ahead, eager to find out what lay ahead, although this time she felt she had an idea. She smiled to herself. Come out, come out, rabbit. You have some explaining to do."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:34 pm

As the group stepped out, they found themselves in front of a town full of faunus of all types. Aerial, beast-kind, reptilian, all sorts of every form and feature walking, jumping, and dashing around. The buildings were all wooden and simply designed. Everyone looked happy to be busy as they moved around carrying massive packages and crates, pulling wagons piled with dust crystals. The group spots a group of seven faunus lined up dressed in mining equipment, walking into town whistling a tune while another is walking out in the direction they came with pickaxes high.

Faunus citizens were even hopping from rooftop to rooftop without effort. Little faunus children were chasing each other laughing. The town was literally swarmed with faunus as well as freshly mined dust, massive chunks even dropped onto the ground with out anyone bothering to pick them up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:37 am

"A hidden village..." Mirai murmured to herself.

She looked left and right, seeing the faunus villagers and realized how out of place they were going to be. But she knew she had to continue and the fact that they had passed the White Rabbit and the White Reaper were enough to keep them safe for now.

"Don't bring attention to yourselves," Mirai quietly told Caster and Rayden. "We tread on ground not meant for feet like ours."

She tried to look for a villager or two a bit away from the rest and when she would, she would ask them about who she was looking for, as she did in the village of fishermen. She lifted a hand to make Rayden and Caster keep their distance for a while.

"Excuse me, but would you happen to know someone called Rider Blanc?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:26 am

Mirai manages to spot a pair of faunus children, one with a puppy tail and another with fox ears playing with each other. To look up to her smiling and said, "Oh course we know Rider! How could we not-"

The children suddenly froze, glancing behind Mirai at Rayden and Caster. They took a nervous step back, shivering in fright as if they were face-to-face with some kind of monster.

"S-Strangers," one of them stammered, "Strangers have gotten into the village!"

Suddenly, all eyes were on the group, literally everyone everywhere turning in their direction and glaring at them with fearful eyes. Many of the men have lowered themselves in a feral stance and growled at Rayden and Caster. Some pointed their shovels whose edges looked as sharp as any sword at the two, circling them warily.

One of the children Mirai spoke to earlier was hastily pulling on her arm. "Hurry! We have to get to safety! Strangers are in the village! We have to get you to Rider!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:38 am

Mirai had expected the first response where everyone would be alarmed at how strangers had gotten in the village. For a minute, she clenched her teeth for having their cover blown, the people around Rayden and Caster looking at them with hostility. She was about to explain herself, but the children tugged on her as if she was one of their own.

"What do you mean?" she first started. She then remembered the white rabbit from earlier.

Subject is recognized and registered as... friend

That's right... she thought. For some reason they think I'm one of them. Perhaps I look like someone...

She straightened up and she put a hand gently on one of the children tugging her.

"It's...it's alright," she said softly. And then, looking to the villagers, though feeling a bit uneasy. "It's-It's alright! They're comrades and won't hurt you!"

Gaining more confidence, she straightened up even more and pointed Rosemary at Rayden and Caster.

"These two work for me," she said. "They serve me under a special debt and I will hold responsible for them...but it is important we see Mr. Blanc."

Mirai then stooped back down to one of the children, not waiting for a response from the crowd, worried they wouldn't believe her.

"You said you know Rider," Mirai said softly. "I really need to see him. Please show the way. Please."

There was a hint of desperation in her voice. Half of it was out of worry for her teammates who were obviously being seen as a threat. The other half was the other reason she didn't want to admit just yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:44 am

Caster looked around a bit nervously. This whole thing was so strange, even for him. He had never had a problem with faunus, in fact out of all of the faunus he had met he liked most of them. This was different, however. Something about that atmosphere of this whole town felt uneasy.

His hands fidgeted against his pockets, eyes scanning over the children as he crouched down slightly in attempt to make himself seem less intimidating to them. 'Rider, if you get us killed I am going to haunt you so much.'

Watching Mirai, Caster crossed his arms, waiting to see what the children would say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:22 pm

The children looked at Mirai then back at Caster and Rayden worryingly. Then they looked around at the rest of the villagers and yelled out, "They're friends! They won't harm us or the village! They know Rider!"

All of the villagers suddenly loosened up, lowering whatever makeshift weapon they had picked up. Many of them greeted a welcome to the two before going about their business, scattering about. The children looked up at Mirai, their ears and tails twitching and wagging like house pets.

"We don't know where Rider is," the one with fox ears said, "but Ai should. I think she went to the village down the mountain to buy groceries."

"But I had already come back," a familiarly emotionless, blank voice said from behind the group. Ai's assistant walked up to them from behind, one arm carrying a paper bag full of produce.

"Ai!" the two kids screamed happily, scurrying around the three to get to Ai and hugged her legs as if she was their mother.

"What are you three doing here," Ai asked blankly, ignoring the excited kids. "How did you find this place?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:34 pm

Mirai let off a rueful smile as she spread her fan and covered half her face.

"A pleasure to see you here, too, Ms. Ai," Mirai said. "If you must know how we came about this place it was easy enough...thanks to your help. There isn't anything that can't be achieved when you have enough fragments, a little determination..."

Mirai's eyes narrowed.

"And a Honshu Wolf who is very upset at a certain rabbit's unannounced leaving," she finished. "Now...where is he? It's very rude for someone not to entertain their guests in their own town."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:11 pm

"Unannounced?" Ai questioned, tilting her head slightly to the side. "But he left a note."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:29 pm

Mirai lifted an eyebrow.

"Not any that I came by," Mirai said. "If he did, though, I'm more than curious as to what it said. Because he left without a word of leaving and at the most unexpected of times, too."

Mirai looked down, recalling when it was exactly that Rider had left, or at least, when she last saw him. Her hand came back to her pendant.

"Anyways, we're already here. I might as well find out the reason from him face to face."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:46 pm

"I am positive that he left a note," Ai stated, shooing the children with a wave of her hand. "If you insist, then you may see him. Follow me."

Ai led the group across the village. Many of the faunus they walked by waved at them with welcoming smiles, no hint of the previous hostility in sight. One bull faunus with horns and a gruff face with bulging muscles dressed as a miner even placed a fire dust crystal in Caster's hand and patted him on the back smiling saying, "On me my friend. Welcome to Inaba."

The lizard faunus continued leading the group across the town but stopped abruptly. "You mentioned that you found this place due to my hints," Ai said looking back at them. "What hints do you meant? I did not leave any such thing."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:51 pm

"I'm surprised, Ms. Ai," Mirai said as her eyebrows furrowed. "See, you're usually so dedicated to your work in keeping my assistants from filtering any information, but they were able to leak out a passage that spelled out this town's name and then a trail to narrow down the location to the fishermen's village. And then you showed yourself earlier when I was inquiring two men about knowing Rider. Are...you sure Rider left a note? Where exactly?"

Mirai was confused. She was certain Rider hadn't left a message behind. Had she missed looking in a spot? Had Rayden accidentally swept it up and put it in the trash? Had Caster accidentally burn a paper?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:03 pm

"If you are referring to the poem The White Rabbit of Inaba," Ai said, "that was an open publication featured by a poet's magazine. Rider had written it and sent it in for a contest. Since it was published in a magazine, it is harder to completely block access to it. As for the location of this island, I was preoccupied during that one moment while my visor required charging. I was careless."

Ai closed her eyes for a moment trying to think. "He left a note on his bed. It was inside a book he bought for you as compensation for suddenly leaving. I believe it was on a small card?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:09 pm

"Oh that note..." Mirai said. Her eyes narrowed and she scowled. "Not much of a note to me, I think. But anyways, all the events still lead here, so there's no turning back now, is there?"

In all honesty, though, Mirai felt a bit stupid. Something she hated. So, Rider had left her something to tell where he was going. And she had, regardless, snapped at him on the phone's voicemail.

But I'm not apologizing, she thought proudly.

It was only then that something else came to her mind. She stopped walking midway.

"So that book was a gift, huh?" she said as if suddenly in deep thought. She clenched her fists and let out an exasperated sigh. She said no more and simply followed Ai to where she was going to lead her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:21 pm

"Do you have the note with you?" Ai asked. "May I see it?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Mirai had fortunately kept it and slipped it out of the pocket of her coat. She handed it over to Ai.

"I hope this is the one you were referring to. I found it in a book that had fallen in between the space of his bed and a nightstand."

It was the one that had read:

Every story has a beginning.
Every beginning starts with a sentence.
Every sentence starts with a word.
Every word begins with a letter.
Every letter begins a story.

"I put two and two together and used it to trace the name of the town in Rider's poem that had leaked out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 pm

"That's just another one of his notes," Ai deadpanned. "When he gets inspired for another poem, he has a habit of writing small notes inside of his cuffs. When he runs out of room on his cuffs he ends up writing them on whatever piece of paper he would find. May I?"

Ai takes the piece of paper rubs her fingers around the edge until finally the paper opens up.

"When this kind of paper gets pressed down on for too long it sometimes gets stuck together. I suppose Rider was careless in this sense," Ai stated. She opened up the piece of paper like a holiday card and holds it up to Mirai so that she can read the contents, written clearly in perfect script.

"Dear Teammates,

As you may have noticed as of late, I am missing on this date. I must admit that I hate, to say I have some business out of state. I will be gone for a while as is fate. You already approved all of our leave right? Along with my teammates? So I will be leaning on that, this vacation you have create. I will come back soon, on your very special date. Now I must fly, or else I will be late.

---Your teammate,
Rider Blanc"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   

Back to top Go down

Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next