RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Mirai had fortunately kept it and slipped it out of the pocket of her coat. She handed it over to Ai.

"I hope this is the one you were referring to. I found it in a book that had fallen in between the space of his bed and a nightstand."

It was the one that had read:

Every story has a beginning.
Every beginning starts with a sentence.
Every sentence starts with a word.
Every word begins with a letter.
Every letter begins a story.

"I put two and two together and used it to trace the name of the town in Rider's poem that had leaked out."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 pm

"That's just another one of his notes," Ai deadpanned. "When he gets inspired for another poem, he has a habit of writing small notes inside of his cuffs. When he runs out of room on his cuffs he ends up writing them on whatever piece of paper he would find. May I?"

Ai takes the piece of paper rubs her fingers around the edge until finally the paper opens up.

"When this kind of paper gets pressed down on for too long it sometimes gets stuck together. I suppose Rider was careless in this sense," Ai stated. She opened up the piece of paper like a holiday card and holds it up to Mirai so that she can read the contents, written clearly in perfect script.

"Dear Teammates,

As you may have noticed as of late, I am missing on this date. I must admit that I hate, to say I have some business out of state. I will be gone for a while as is fate. You already approved all of our leave right? Along with my teammates? So I will be leaning on that, this vacation you have create. I will come back soon, on your very special date. Now I must fly, or else I will be late.

---Your teammate,
Rider Blanc"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Mirai stood speechless for a while and then lowered her head, her face now glowing bright red. Her shoulders and her fists began to tremble and her teeth were clenched. She refused to look anyone in the face and kept her eyes on the ground.

"None of this is my fault..." she said in a low growl. "None...none...WHO THE HECK LEAVES A NOTE IN A BOOK FOR SOMETHING AS IMPORTANT AS A LEAVE!?"

The last part she had shrieked out, her usual steady, low voice lifting into a chokey, childish scream. She grasped the sides of her head and shook left and right.

"Honestly! If he had just said something or even just texted we wouldn't even be here! He could've left it on the cover of the book or on the door! Or just...aaauuuuggghhh!! RIDER YOU'RE IMPOSSIBLE!!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:03 pm

"He thought leaving it in the book would be more romantic," Ai stated bluntly. "He thought you would at least find the gesture more amusing and the book pleasing. It's one of his favorites. As for texting and messages, signals do not reach this place easily. You would have to use a private network just to place a call to Rider while you are here."

Ai didn't seem to know whether or not her statements were helpful but she only did what she felt was appropriate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:16 pm

Caster had been fooling with the dust crystal he had received, pleased with it, but of course listening to all that was being said. Honestly he found the whole misunderstanding amusing, smiling to himself. Whenever Mirai shrieked, on the other hand, he jumped and nearly dropped the crystal, looking at her.

It took a moment for him to react, slowly crouching to Mirai's level and carefully wrapping his arms around her. "Hey, hey, it's fine. It wasn't that much trouble getting here, I mean aside from the giant bunny death mech. Also it saved you some boredom. You even got to meet a talking rabbit!"

Giving her a friendly smile, Caster chuckled. "Besides, you can make Rider wheel himself forty miles to fetch us some of those macaroons when he gets back."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:23 pm

"That's not the point!" Mirai shrieked again in Caster's ears, her face rosy in frustration and embarrassment. "The point is my pride's been injured! INJURED!"

She gripped the sides of her head again.

"What a stupid blunder! Stupid, stupid, stupid!" she said gritting her teeth together. And then, letting out a last growl, she glared at the ground, her eyebrows twitching in frustration. "Rider's going to pay alright...he's going to pay!"

Finally turning to Ai, she nodded with crossed arms.

"We'll proceed to seeing him."

She scooped Caster's arm into her own, though it was more of to save her face than anything.

"Rayden, Caster, let's get moving," she snapped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 pm

Caster rubbed his inner ear with a finger, blinking and shaking his head. "Of course, milady." he sighed, letting her have his arm and looking to Ai. "Please lead the way. I would like to at least keep my other eardrum." The comment was more directed to Mirai in a teasing way, smiling and standing straight with his arm in hers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:45 pm

"......" Ai paused for a moment in thought. "Please go easy on him. I would appreciate if you did not kill him immediately."

Ai continued leading the group across the town until they came upon a simple wooden cabin home. Although the building itself seemed normal, the giant metal cube behind it was less then subtle. "He is resting in here," Ai stated, her hand on the doorknob. "He is in a good mood during this time so please do not be too upset with him."

Ai opened the doorway, the hinges squeaking as the small lizard faunus girl allowed them inside. As they walked in they would find themselves in looking at a living room with a fireplace. and a shag carpet rug.

Rider sat on his wheelchair, his eyes closed with a content look on his face. A little girl about a head shorter then Mirai sat on Rider's lap, her blue party dress elegant and perfect and she leaned her head against Rider's chest, a stuffed white rabbit doll in her arms.

Spoiler:

"Snicker Snack went the Vorpal Blade," Rider murmurs as he flips the page in the book.

"That's not a word," the little girl who looked no older then ten giggled.

"It's a nonsense poem little one, so--," Rider stopped as he realized he had unexpected guests. He looked up and stared at Mirai, Caster, and Rayden with genuine surprise. "How did you find--"

"Rider-chan, who are these people?" the little girl asked, looking up at the faunus.

"O-Oh," Rider stammered, looking down at her. "I'm sorry, you've never met them have you... Alice..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:56 pm

Mirai was more than surprised to see the little girl, who strangely looked a bit like her, though much younger.  And then, upon seeing Rider and hearing him speak her face flushed and she darted her eyes away.

"A string of fate...misunderstandings..and stubbornness..."

She sighed, but still refused to look at Rider, completely mortified.

"We...we didn't exactly get your note, but something else. I also received a bit of leaked information from my assistants...I assumed you were giving hints on where you were and we followed it..." she crossed her arms, her face only turning redder and redder. "I'm sorry, all of this happens to be a misunderstanding. We're obviously not wanted here and we're sorry for intruding..."

Mirai had hard times coming to terms with apology but she truly felt like she had crossed the line
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:39 pm

"Oh, uh," Rider stammered, his usual carefree demeanor completely gone, his eyes averting to the side. "No uh, I guess it's my fault. I should have informed you properly." Rider chuckled nervously. "I just didn't want to bother you is all. I mean this place is so far out in the boonies and all. It's not like there's anything particularly fun to do here anyway."

The girl Rider called Alice blinked a few times as she stared at the group. She suddenly hops off of Rider's lap and walks towards them, looking up at Mirai, a tinge of pink on her plush, rosy cheeks.

"You're..." she mumbles, ".... Pretty."

Rider chuckled awkwardly. "You shouldn't be so honest Alice."

"But she's so pretty," she repeats, her sparkling eyes never once leaving Mirai's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:46 pm

Mirai was going to speak in response to Rider, but she was taken aback by the little girl. She had never been really confronted by children and she didn't know how to respond to them. She looked at Alice, not sure what to say, a bit surprised a child could look so cute.

"Adorable..." she muttered. "Um...I mean...thank you. You're quite pretty yourself."

Mirai's head was spinning. She felt frustrated, mortified, confused. Her once lined out plan was now scattered and shattered into pieces. She hated it. She hated the feeling of not knowing what to do when she knew it was all she knew how to do. Finally, she straightened up, her eyes not leaving the floor and sharply turned around.

"Well, Rider, I'm glad to know you're okay," she said hastily trying to head out of the door. "Quite a lovely town you have and all, and and...yes, we will be leaving now."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 pm

"W-Wait," Rider stammered, lifting a hand up towards Mirai as if trying to reach her, "Uh... well..."

"I believe master would rather you all stay," Ai deadpanned. "Though this town was meant to remain unknown, since you are already here and now aware of its existence, there is no reason for you not to remain here."

"Uh... yeah..." Rider murmured, looking off to the side.

"Rider-chan?" Alice asked turning around and walking towards him. "You look sad. Are you okay?"

"Ah, Alice," Rider smiled at the little girl, "I'm just a little surprised, that's all. I'm sorry, Alice."

Alice smiled happily. "I love you, Rider!"

"Thank you Alice," Rider smiled. "Do you hate me?"

"No," Alice answered, raising her arms as if asking for a hug, "I love you, Rider."

Rider picks up the little girl and lets her hug him as he rocked her in his arms, a content smile on his face.

"Please stay nee-chan," Alice said, turning her head to look at Mirai. "I want to be friends with you too nee-chan."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:21 pm

Mirai turned around and looked at the girl, a warm smile quickly overtaking her previous embarrassment. She averted her eyes from Rider and Alice and sighed.

"If...if you insist...but only if we're not going to be a bother..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 pm

"I don't mind staying a bit." Caster shrugged, looking between Alice and Mirai, then shooting an odd glance to Rider. "Rider, are you sure it's okay? We would hate to intrude."

Crouching down, he smiled warmly to Alice. "You don't mind, do you? I would hate to steal Rider away from you." Caster tried to keep calm, though at this point the whole thing was stranger than he had imagined, but he could handle a bit of strangeness. "My name is Caster, by the way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:34 pm

"You wouldn't be at all," Rider said, suddenly smiling and looking like his usual self. "Well then, what shall we have for dinner?"

"Master," Ai interrupted, holding up the paper bag, "They had a large sale on salmon today."

"Perfect," Rider smiled, "Well then, make yourselves comfortable, this won't take long."

Just as Rider said, it did not take long at all, only enough time to boil rice noodles having passed. A table has been set, a long rectangular slate of metal lying on the table in front of everybody. The metal surface heated up as Rider turned a small nob. He placed a stick of butter on the hot plate and it quickly melted, spreading across the surface. Using chopsticks, Rider placed slices of salmon and some squid over the sizzling hot plate and allowed the fish to cook.

"I hope you don't mind oriental style again," Rider smiled.

He took a round sheet of rice paper off a stack on the table and dipped it into a bowl of hot water, turning it round and round to cover it completely in the hot water, making the stiff sheet moisten soften into a floppy piece and lays it flat on his plate. He took some lettuce and some of the rice noodles and placed them in the middle of the sheet.

"Ah~ it should all be done by now," Rider smiled. He took his chop sticks and picked up some grille salmon and squid and placed them on top of the lettuce and noodles and wrapped it all in the rice paper like a see through burrito. "I hope you enjoy seafood spring rolls," Rider grinned, dipping the wrap into a small dip bowl of peanut sauce before taking a bite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:03 am

Mirai, for once, had stayed quiet throughout the ordeal and as the food was served, she merely nodded her head. The food smelled delicious, but she was used to that ever since she had started living in the MNRC dorm, Rider being a fabulous cook and all.

She looked at the spring roll and decided to try it first. She took a small portion of it and followed in dipping her own roll into the sauce and then bit it. She closed her eyes as she savored it.

"Delicious~" she muttered. And, without looking at Rider, "Impeccable cooking as always, rabbit."

She didn't, however, face Rider throughout the entire meal and ate as quietly as she could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:39 am

Although Rider continued to smile pleasantly, he seemed off for one reason or another. The faunus looked like this entire ordeal was awkward for him but he kept face and smiled for everyone regardless. It didn't take a genius to realize Mirai was acting cold towards him. The off part is is that Rider is not using fluff and charms to win her over again.

Alice sat on his lap again, remaining still like a doll, sitting quietly and patiently. Rider would feed the little girl a piece of grilled salmon or squid and she would eat it with a childish smile on her face. In comparison, they almost looked like siblings simply from the way they treated one another.

Then a thump came from the door.

"Enter," Rider said plainly.

The door opened but no one was behind it as far as they could tell. Then they heard a familiar plop, plop, plop, getting closer and closer and rounding the corner to enter the dining room.

"Hello master," the white rabbit said respectfully. "I am sorry to bother you, but the Hatter requires maintenance."

"Thank you White," Rider smiled. "I will take care of it after dinner."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:50 am

Mirai stayed silent throughout the meal and had been one of the first to finish. She kept her eyes down staring at the hands perfectly folded on her lap. There was something bothering her, but she stayed put. She would've done so the entire evening but upon hearing the plopping and a familiar voice, she turned around in her chair with a sparkle in her eye.

Mirai stood up abruptly, looking at the rabbit.

"Bunny," she said in complete fixation. She knelt down and then scooped it up in her arms. She wasn't smiling or cooing or blushing, but she held it up close to her regardless and began cuddling it.

"So fluffy..." she said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BillyD3Kidd

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:52 am

Caster ate slowly and quietly. Though he wasn't one to feel the weight of awkwardness, but even he sensed the tension in the air. His eyes couldn't seem to leave Alice, amazed by just how much she looked like Mirai.

When the rabbit walked in he jumped a bit, looking down at it and watching Mirai pick it up. "Ah, my little friend is back." Caster stated with light sarcasm, trying to somehow lighten the mood. He watched Mirai and tilted his head, normally regarding her as a young woman, but she was more child like than ever.

Turning to Alice, he gave a warmhearted smile. It was obvious the girl was clueless to how odd the whole situation was. "How do you know Rider, Alice?" Caster started fooling with the crystal carefully again. There was no annoyance or anger, just curiosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:15 am

"Oh my lady, you never seem to tire of this as you do," the white rabbit said as it nuzzled against Mirai's face. "But I am an important figure so-- Why are there two of you?"

The white rabbit stared wide eyed at Alice who sat on Rider's lap then looked up at Mirai then back and forth again.

"That is not Alice, White," Rider stated plainly as he placed some more fish on the grill. "That is my team leader from Beacon. Her name is Mirai."

If there was a color paler then white, the rabbit somehow turned to it, its eyes widening. "I-I-I let a stranger into the town," it whimpered, its body shaking. "I-I've failed at my job. I can't believe I've let you down-"

"It worked out in the end," Rider mumbled plainly. "Register these three in your data bank as friends."

".... Acknowledged," the white rabbit stated, calming down. It then proceeded to nuzzle against Mirai, its plush, fluffy fur rubbing against her face. "I like you, tis is true. Hug me all you want, whatever you may do."

"I've known Rider-chan for as long as I can remember," Alice smiled. "I grew up in this village and Rider was always there for me."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:32 pm

"I guess that explains how by strange divine intervention, we weren't killed by the White Reaper..." Mirai said. "Oh, that's right. I never introduced myself to your or Alice. I'm Mirai Cinq..."She nuzzled the white rabbit even closer to her with closed eyes though she somewhat lacked the usual ecstasy and excitement she had from earlier. Usually, she would have asked Rider about the strange white rabbit who was too cute by nature to be talking and be moving the way it did, but she didn't.

Her face, still calm and serious, looked at a wall. She then heard Alice's remark and turned to her, though not looking at Rider directly.

"That's very nice, Alice," she said with a more welcome smile. "It's enviable that Rider could have a companion as sweet and adorable as yourself. Reminds me of how I also grew up with.."

Her voice trailed off before she could finish. Her eyes wide with realization and fear. Mirai gently placed the white rabbit down before shooting up. Finally, she turned to Rider to ask him a question.

"I...I have to go somewhere," she said with a strained voice. "Just for a while. Tell me, is there anywhere with a small body of water I can be alone at? A tiny lake, a pool...anything? Please don't ask me, it's important I go now."

Her eyes looked at Rider imploringly. Desperate. Mirai knew that she would only draw attention to herself by asking, but where she was now, she couldn't do anything about that. She looked at a clock, a fine line of pain drawn over her face.

"I'm late,"Mirai said. " I'm terribly, terribly late."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:41 pm

Rider looked at Mirai blankly for some time before nodding his head. He lifted Alice off his lap and set her down. "I'll be back soon," Rider smiled at Alice as she gave him a sad pout. "All of you make yourselves at home. Mirai, please follow me."

Rider guided Mirai outside and across town. It didn't take long for them to walk a distance away from the town into the woods, the trees becoming thicker and thicker the deeper they went in, just Rider was able to wheel through perfectly fine.

Then the pair entered a clearing, the grass lush and green with flowers growing from scattered locations. In the center was a small lake with water as clear as morning dew. At the center of the lake was a tall evergreen tree. Rider stopped at the edge of the clearing, a blank look on his face.

"This is the Pool of Tears," Riders stated. "They say that there was once a white rabbit who was in love with a princess. It wished nothing more then to see her, but its skin was torn off by a shark. A god washed the rabbit's body in salt water which pained it and sewed his skin back together, wrapping it in reeds. The white rabbit, scarred to a hideous form, knew it could never meet the one he loved now. So it laid down on the ground and cried without rest or stopping for a moment. It cried for so long that this lake was formed and he drowned in his own tears and a tree grew from his body.

"It's said that the princess came here everyday, entranced by the beauty of the lake and sat next to it with a smile on her face, never once aware of the tears that made the lake or that each tear was out of love for her."

Rider seemed much different then usual. He no longer smiled at all. Instead he had a sad look on his face. He started turning his wheelchair around.

"Take your time," Rider murmured, "You want to be alone, right? I'll wait a few meters away..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:46 pm

Mirai looked at Rider with deep gratitude when he brought her to the place. She didn’t say anything, but merely nodded as he wheeled away. When he did, Mirai turned to face the water and instead of standing like she usually did, she fell to her knees. She could see her own reflection in the water, but it was distorted by the tiny ripples. Solemnly, she pulled out her pendant and opened it, her eyes sad.

“I’m sorry…” she said to the pendant. Her grip on the pendant tightened and her shoulders began to shake, but she took in a deep breath and began to sing. It was the same song Rider had heard her sing on the rooftop and it was one she had sung everyday at 5 o’ clock for two years.

There was something different in how she sang it tonight, though. Usually, her voice was strong, as if it were trying to convey its words to someone far beyond, hoping it would reach them. Tonight, Mirai’s singing voice was a weak whisper, her voice cracking in between words, as if singing tonight was causing her great pain.

She shed no tears, but anyone who could have seen her eyes at that moment knew she weeping. Weeping so much tears would no longer spill.

She finally finished, not once letting go of the pendant throughout the ordeal. She stood up, the wind blowing her hair, pale gold in the darkness. She didn’t motion to leave though. Instead, Mirai took in another deep breath and began to sing a different song.

My damaged soul almost withered away but now it's awake, I confide in you
Though the future seems uncertain to me, I must keep believing and testify
Gathering all those days we shared; one or two at a time, within my mind
Trying to keep hold of you, and this warmth that blooms when you're near~

Whenever, wherever; we'll cherish a long-drawn embrace
There is no need to ever be afraid, even if darkness causes us to separate
Because that's what my heart says, with each and every single beat
And 'till we're able to once again meet,
I pray that all my thoughts will find the means to reach you~

Her voice hung on the last note and, finally, a single tear fell from her face, falling into the water as she lowered her head.

“May my feelings please reach you…” she whispered to the air.

She finally walked back to Rider, solemnly walking with her hands closed together in front of her. Without warning, she took hold of the handles of his wheelchair.

“Despite everything, you’ve done a great favor for me. I’m indebted to you.”

With that, she began wheeling him back.

“You know,” Mirai said. “I’m sure that the princess would have loved that rabbit regardless. The conveyance of feelings goes a long way. Besides…”

She paused for a bit, her grip on the handles growing tighter before they loosened.

“The real monsters in the world…can sometimes be the most beautiful…and they are the cruelest,” she said. Mirai looked up. “Monstre Charmant…the monster whose ways cost the life of her only love…the ghost who can barely live with the weight of her regret…and yet, despite deserving to be left alone, you’ve helped her.”

She leaned in closer to Rider’s ear and whispered.

“Thank you…for being with me.”

Last edited by vide1993 on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Rider remained strangely silent. Even though he was some distance away, the faunus whose ears were those of one of the most hearing sensitive animals possible would have heard the girl clearly for every second, yet he remained silent, not even responding to Mirai's show of gratitude. It was strange of the white haired man, to remain so solemn and silent.

They were only a little ways from the house before Rider gestures for Mirai to stop.

"I need to do some maintenance on Mad Hatter," Rider said, the look of a tired business man on his face. "I'll come back to the house later. Make yourself at home..."

Rider wheeled away, leaving Mirai seemingly alone.

"First the Mad Hatter then the Dorm Mouse," the white rabbit said, hopping out from around a corner behind Mirai. "He has much work to do. Let's return to the house."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:26 pm

Mirai was a bit disturbed by the fact Rider had been so quiet. He had been quiet throughout the entire evening. No, since she, Rayden and Caster had barged in on what should have been his time alone. She looked down to the ground with shame and even the white rabbit no longer cheered her up as they walked back to the house.

But perhaps it's all for the better that he hates me... she thought. It's better that I'm left alone.

She let the white rabbit continue to guide her back, though now she wanted more than ever to just leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:02 pm

While Rider and Mirai were out, the living room had been cleared and two mattresses were dragged out and Ai had set out some bedding. The pink haired assistant was standing patiently waiting for them. When they entered, she nodded to White.

"Thank you for escorting Mirai back," Ai murmured. "You may return to your duties."

"It was my pleasure, I thought it great," White replied with a small bow. "Oh look at the time! I'm late!"

The white rabbit scurried off, running on its big, floppy feet.

"I'm late! I'm late! For a very important date! No time to stay or chat anymore. I'm late, I'm late, I'm late!"

"You must be tired," Ai said to Mirai. "Allow me to show you to your bed."

Ai led Mirai away from the living room and down a hallway. A door waited at the end that the lizard faunus pushed opened without pause. The room's walls were lined with blueprints and calculations like wall paper. There were even equations and formulas written on the floor with chalk.

"I'm sorry it's a little messy," Ai apologized. "He did not clean since yesterday."

There were two beds in the room. Ai pointed at one silently indicating that it will be Mirai's. On the other bed, Alice was lying, wrapping the blankets around her like a snug little caterpillar. The little girl who resembled an even younger version of Mirai slept soundly on the bed on the opposite wall of the vacant bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vide1993
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:36 pm

"It's fine," Mirai said dully. "And thank you for letting us stay despite the unexpected visit."

Rayden hadn't brought much luggage because they entered the cave, but Mirai had salvaged for herself her nightdress and a book. She changed hastily into her long nightgown and let her hair drape loosely behind her. She wouldn't be able to sleep, that was certain, so she instead began reading a faded leather book, the image of a thorny yellow rose embedded into the cover. It was a story she had read over and over again but she never got tired of. She sat there, resting on a pillow and stared at the words, waiting for night to be over even if dawn was hours away.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World   

Back to top Go down

Chasing a White Rabbit to a Mad World
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next