RWBY: The RPG

A role playing website based on Monty Oum's RWBY. Create your own character and weapon. Choose to protect the peace, or ruin it.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Path to the Mad Man

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:19 pm

"....." Robin looked around and felt a brief shudder. Ugh, this place was like something out of a painting, everybody was dressed so fancy, it was starting to bare down on her. It was never so obvious how out of place she felt in this high class town. She felt like she needed a bath to wash away all the years spent on a farm to have a chance in this society.

"This is, uh, nice." Robin finally said, looking around and trying to find something she liked, "The roofs...are...high?" She finished lamely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:03 pm

"Glad you like the looks of the place," Harekles murmured still sounding tired and bored. He looked out the window, his ears perking as he spotted a ragged looking man. "Drop me off here."

Byron slowed to a stop and let Harekles step out. "I'll catch you later. I need to take care of some business." With that, Harekles closed the door and walked away. Byron started driving again, remaining under the speed limit.

After turning on several streets and Byron pointing out all of the tea shops along the way, Byron slowed to a stop, parallel parking in front of a surreal looking two story house. It actually looked strangely like a doll house but just about all the houses looked like that.

"We're here," Byron smiled as he stepped out of the car. "Welcome.... to my wondrous house."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm

David stepped out of the car, and looked up at the house. "Quite a place you have Byron." He said grabbing his bag, and locking it on his back. He looked at the house wondering what it looked like inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:54 pm

"It does suit you." Robin nodded in agreement, "Though I was expecting something more....Mad."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:34 am

"Mad?" Byron smirked innocently. "Why would you think anything about me would be mad?"

As everyone grabbed their things from the hearse, Byron led them up the walkway to the hill top house. Byron traced a finger down the house number plate, tracing his finger over all three sixes and ringing the doorbell six times.

The group can easily hear rapid and hasty footfalls going down steps and running through wood flooring. It was a mere second after Byron's sixth knock when the door swings open and a young looking woman steps out and immediately hugs Byron squealing.

"MY LITTLE BOY HAS FINALLY COME HOME!!" she shrieked happily.

The woman had long golden hair and maroon eyes. She had a slimming figure and wore an apron over a teal top and azure knee length skirt. She was a head shorter then Byron but was lifting him up from the ground like he weighed nothing.

"I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" she squealed happily. It was then that she finally realized there were other people with him. Her head peeked from around Byron while she still hugged him like a smothering mother and looked curiously at the group before smiling brightly at them.

"Oh my gawd, you must all be his team mates! You may call me Alyss Lidell Carol. Just call me Alyss!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:13 pm

"Er, yeah. Hi." Robin greeted, "We're team AMBR. I'm the leader, Robin Vimana." She looked to Axel and David, "This here is Axel Graf, and David Maloney."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:16 pm

At the introduction, Axel bowed a little. "Please to meet you, ma'am"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:47 pm

"Oh my gosh, so you're Robin! I have read so much about.... you..." The woman started trailing off, the smile on her face looking more like a mask as she seemed to have frozen in place, dropping Byron with a thud. "Oh... you were a... girl..."

Alyss's eyebrow started twitching. "Wow, I never could have guessed from the letters. So wow... Byron has been sleeping.... in the same room... with a cute little girl...."

The woman suddenly grabbed the back of Byron's collar and started dragging him into the house like a rag doll. "Come right in you three. Don't be shy~!"

The house was neat and tidy but the interior was fairly simple. Plain wood furniture and some pictures hanging on the wall which had a flower patterned wallpaper. Directly going into the house the group would see to the left a minor sized living room to the left with three couches, a single, a love seat, and a three seater arranged in a triangle around a coffee table and a small TV, though considering the remote is on top of the box and collecting dust, it is used rarely. Hanging on the wall above the TV looked like a mounted sniper rifle.

To the right is mostly a hallway with two doors against the right walls and a stair case at the end.

"Excuse us for a moment," Alyss said with a forced smile on her face, "I need to catch up with Byron. Make yourselves comfortable~!"

Still dragging him like a rag doll, Alyss goes intothe first of the two doors going along the right side wall. While the door is opened the group can catch the glimpse of a small kitchen there.

As the door closes, the group can clearly hear Alyss yelling for several minutes, "HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME YOU WERE LIVING WITH A GIRL IN THE SAME ROOM FOR FOUR MONTHS NOW?? DON'T SMILE LIKE THIS IS NOTHING, THIS IS SERIOUS! YOU'RE BREAKING MY HEART BYRON! YOU'R BREAKING MY HEEEEEAAART! SOMEBODY HELP! MY LITTLE BOY IS TURNING INTO A LEEEEEECH!"

After several minutes of panicked nagging, The door opens again and Alyss steps out as the epitome of a well-mannered house wife, a motherly smile on her face and her posture right and elegant. Byron followed closely behind, his own state seeming completely the same as always with no sign of having been yelled at.

"It's great to finally meet his teammates," Alyss smile, tilting her head slightly to the side and placing a hand on her cheek. For a mother she looked fairly young and energetic. Her figure was slim and perfect but not scrawny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:39 pm

"Uhhh, it's nice to met you too." Robin said meekly, rubbing the back of her head, "So, you're Byron's mother? You two don't look very similar. Does he take after his father?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:05 pm

David had seen the things in Byron's head so he just kept his head lowered a little. No man is that mad without baggage. He simply stood where he was, and messed with his arm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:00 pm

A silence fell on the room. Alyss kept up a nervous open-mouth smile, her eyes constantly glancing at Byron. "Um, well..." Alyss started stammering, "He uh... Yeah, he certainly took after his father growing up. Uh, Byron, how about you take everyone's things to the guest rooms for me?"

"Sure," Byron smiled the way he always does as he grabbed everyone's bags and started up the stairs.

Once his footfalls could no longer be heard, Alyss looked at the group sadly, her hands folded over her stomach. She was silent for a moment as if trying to carefully construct the words in her head.

"Byron doesn't talk about his past very often," Alyss says. "To be honest... I'm not really his birth mother..."

Alyss looks up and stares at the rifle mounted above the television. "I used to be a huntress. I found Byron all alone and surrounded by grimm on my last mission before I retired. I took him in and raised him since he was a little boy. Even though we don't share any blood, I still think of him as my own son...."

Alyss looks up at the group and smiles a them. "Listen, I know he has his little quirks at times but he's a good person at heart. I mean you've seen him use his semblance right?" Alyss giggled lightly. "That little girl he says represents his heart is so adorable!"

She started looking down at the floor, smiling sadly, her head lowered slightly. "He really is a good kid so... I'd appreciate it if you can look out for him."

"Oi! You guys can come up anytime!" Byron called down from the upper floors.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:15 pm

David took this opportunity to get out of the silence. He walked upstairs, and met with Byron. "So how are we splitting up room?" He asked the smiling man. David just kept thinking about what Alyss had said. Poor Byron....no wonder his head is like a psychotic backdrop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:19 pm

Robin for her part, stayed downstairs with Alyss. Crossing her arms, she titled her head, "You found him when he was little? Like four or five years old and surrounded by Grimm?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:35 pm

"Around that age, yes," Alyss answered warily, "Me and my old partner rescued him just before the grimm were about to attack him... He was so terrified he could barely speak afterwards. It took him weeks to finally open up to me."

~~~

The room was rather simple... considering it was Byron's. Every wall had 6 rows of shelves lined with stuffed animals of all kinds. Scattered about appeared to be crayon drawings of strange creatures and characters. A purple striped cat with a cheshire grin, a giant egg with a wide mouth, an upside down man in a top hat surrounded by tea, a little girl surrounded by roses and hearts....

The carpet flooring was oddly fluffy, like stepping on an Ursa pelt. There was a long table in the middle of the room with four seats surrounding it. One of the chairs is worn showing that it was used regularly. Another two seats are reserved in use by a stopped hare with black fur wearing a silk hat and a rag doll mouse with a top hat.

Byron's bed rested on a wooden board nailed halfway up the wall. Three mattresses seemed to have been recently dragged into the room and everyone's bags and belongings have been placed on top of each one respectively.

"You'll all be bunking with me of course," Byron smiled. "We don't have many rooms available in this house so I've made room for you all to stay here. It'll be as if we never left the dorm room."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:53 pm

David just shrugged. He looked at the mattresses, before choosing the one closet to the door. He just looked at the drawings on the wall.  "Well Byron, quite a lovely place you have here. Such a warm caretaker, and lovely decore. So whats on the agenda?" He asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:14 pm

"I thought that we could look around town for a while," Byron shrugged. "I can give you all the grand tour of the town and maybe we'll run into someone I know. Englandshire has lots of things to look at like...."

Byron seemed to pause for a long time.

"Um.... The big clock tower?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:33 pm

David just smiled to him. "Well I wouldn't mind getting some pictures from up there." He said while pointing to his folded up wings. David was looking forward to exploring the town. Seem like a good way to explore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:22 am

"Was he all by himself?" Robin asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:28 am

"W-Well," Alyss rubbed the back of her head nervously, averting her eyes. It seemed she was uncomfortable with the subject. "... His family was with him... but the grimm killed them all."

Tears began welling up in Alyss's eyes. "It's just so sad. A little boy surrounded by those monsters, forced to watch his entire family get killed in front of his own eyes...." Alyss hastily dried her eyes and straightened herself. "He won't tell me the details but I can tell from the scene. There was a man, his father, who was mauled to death. He had a rifle in his hand. He must have tried to protect his family before he died. There was also a woman and a little girl and..."

Alyss seems unwilling to describe the event any further.

"Listen, this isn't something I should be telling you anyway," Alyss said sadly. "It is Byron's right to decide if you should know or not. I'm sure he will tell you himself one day. He thinks very highly of you in his letters. The epitome of masculinity!"

Alyss smiled and lowered herself just enough to be eye level with Robin. "You're the team leader right? Let me give you some advice. A true leader is one who doesn't do what she thinks is right but what is right for her teammates. You must be able to understand them to be able to lead them."

Before Robin could reply, Alyss gave her a firm, motherly hug and let go almost immediately and stepped back.

"They're waiting for you upstairs," Alyss smiled.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Robin averted her eyes as she nodded.

Taking the cue to leave, Robin headed up the stairs to see what her teammates were doing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FunkyMonkey

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am

Axel was unpacking some things in the room. He looked at his watch. "It's still not too late, how about we take a stroll around town?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:00 pm

Once everyone settled in, Byron took them out into the town. The streets were not particularly crowded and the air smelled remarkably clean. Purchasing everyone ice cream at an open stand, Byron pointed out this and that from here and there as they strolled, all the while balancing six scoops of ice cream on a waffle cone. Odd enough they were half green tea flavor and another half cake flavor.

"And that this here is another lovely cafe," Byron says pointing out another tea place. "Now let's see. There are two places we can go to from here. There is this lovely little place called the Maus Dorms and then there's the Big Benjamin clocktower. Where do you guys want to go?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Icrus505
Enforcement Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:41 pm

David knew which one he wanted. "The clock tower. Wouldn't mind getting some pictures." He said with a smile. He looked up, at the tower, and stared at it in the sky. Truly a mangiest sight. Such technologic marvel. All the gears, and motors needed. He thought as he ate his ice cream. One scoop of chocolate peanut butter fudge, and a spiced up tabasco jalapeno sauce ice cream. not kidding
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:23 pm

"What are the Maus Dorms?" Robin asked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:31 pm

"It's a nice little housing area ran by this family I know," Byron explained to Robin. "It has this urban feel to it which is surprisingly refreshing. I have an old friend there who can get us some of their famous room service for free. The Maus family is really friendly too."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Swordslinger

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:08 pm

"Maus family?" Robin asked, the name sounded familiar, "Doesn't that mean mouse?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cheshire Schrodinger
Events Minion

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:12 pm

"Hm? Does it," Byron says placing his hand on his chin in thought. "Well the family does have a lot of mouse faunus in it. My friend there is one, though a sickly one that ends up staying in bed most of the time."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Path to the Mad Man   

Back to top Go down

Path to the Mad Man
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next